Brent blind to the facts

Go down 
+2
Mapperley, darling
Lord Tisdale
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Brent blind to the facts Empty
PostSubject: Brent blind to the facts   Brent blind to the facts EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 1:10 pm

Really silly interview by Brent. Patronising to argyle fans.
He cant see the facts, he needs to put away his daisy chain and get the axe out.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Brent blind to the facts   Brent blind to the facts EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 1:13 pm

Any chance of a link for those of us who don't spend our lives waiting for the latest word from Le Parques des Gnomes ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent blind to the facts   Brent blind to the facts EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 1:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Brent blind to the facts   Brent blind to the facts EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 1:30 pm

I've spoken to a lot of chairmen and a lot of board members who've got a lot of experience between them and the one piece of advice that is absolutely consistent is when there is a problem the demand from the fans is to fire the manager.

"Every single one of them tells you that that has cost them very dear in the past and it's not the right reaction to have."

then why o why did he sack reid? oops, silly me, it wasnt him it was riddler

Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Brent blind to the facts   Brent blind to the facts EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 1:56 pm

No, don't get the OP now.

Certainly a bland statement but patronising ?

I think you expect far to much from a guy who's total experience in the game is a few chats with the Riddler, Newell and Webb.

Brent is not the problem here, you lot are, you have allowed the three wise monkeys to achieve such pervasive influence without putting up a fight, Brent probably thinks that he is listening to the voice of the fans rather than a rip off merchant and two little Hitlers.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Brent blind to the facts   Brent blind to the facts EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 2:59 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
No, don't get the OP now.

Certainly a bland statement but patronising ?

I think you expect far to much from a guy who's total experience in the game is a few chats with the Riddler, Newell and Webb.

Brent is not the problem here, you lot are, you have allowed the three wise monkeys to achieve such pervasive influence without putting up a fight, Brent probably thinks that he is listening to the voice of the fans rather than a rip off merchant and two little Hitlers.
I don't get the OP either then nor do most looking at the other site. I hope Brent is too streetwise to be taking counsel from ordinary or should I say superfans whose knowledge of football is no different to the rest of us. I would hope so anyway. It is all very well them letting themselves be drawn ever closer to Brent's bosom but it is likely to end in tears I fear.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Brent blind to the facts   Brent blind to the facts EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 4:45 pm

This part worries me immensely-

"I certainly saw amongst the majority of the players, and I was at the game, I saw a lot of passion and a lot of commitment.

"But did the team hang together as a team and win? No it didn't."

Apart from the 2 young strikers, Bhasera and Cole, I saw none of that (admittedly I watched on TV). As soon as Bignot went off, the team played like they'd lost already. No motivation from the Manager/ Captain and too many players went missing. I know Brent isn't a football man, but how he saw any passion and commitment in last night's performance is beyond belief.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent blind to the facts   Brent blind to the facts EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 8:35 pm

He says he has no experience in football and that he's backing Fletch, so how does he reach his conclusions?

Our results were better when we were in administration!

Quote :
It was never going to be flashing a magic wand and getting a Premier League team, so the fact that we're having to work pretty hard to stay up in League Two is no surprise

Premier League? WTF is Brent talking about, or is he just be sarcastic?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Brent blind to the facts   Brent blind to the facts EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 8:50 pm

Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent blind to the facts   Brent blind to the facts EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 9:18 pm

GOB wrote:
He says he has no experience in football and that he's backing Fletch, so how does he reach his conclusions?

Our results were better when we were in administration!

Quote :
It was never going to be flashing a magic wand and getting a Premier League team, so the fact that we're having to work pretty hard to stay up in League Two is no surprise

Premier League? WTF is Brent talking about, or is he just be sarcastic?

He's doing this by numbers handed to him. He seems sold on the idea that football fans are as fickle as the wind... I wonder where he got that idea from ? jocolor
Premier League ? ..... no ... just enough money and the right staff to keep a big city club in L2, you know, the division one below Yeovil and Exeter, alongside the mighty Crawley..... jeez. What an unreasonable bunch we all are.

Still, we won't have to listen to too much more of that. Once he has tired of the adrenalin activity holiday, he'll be handing over to Ridsdale. It's his USP to totally front a football club for the owners... it's just a matter of how to publicise it. No one can be really sure how well a formally announced Ridsdale thing will play out in the real world of fans, rather than just the cloisters behind the grandstand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent blind to the facts   Brent blind to the facts EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 9:41 pm

did james talk to the blackburn owners by any chance Wink
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Brent blind to the facts   Brent blind to the facts EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 9:45 pm

It'll be interesting to see how the hierarchy respond to the inevitably increasing pressure should Argyle lose a fairly crucial league game on Saturday.It won't be Brent who makes the decision,though.I suppose if further signings are made by Saturday,Fletcher will be given more time to "get them integrated into the team"-reasoning with which i would agree under normal circumstances,but these circumstances are far from normal.No league action for a fortnight after Saturday,then two matches against other struggling sides,which Argyle simply cannot afford to lose.All very intriguing as to how things will evolve.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Brent blind to the facts   Brent blind to the facts EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 10:15 pm

I think it will be a low crowd on Saturday, especially after last night's and the Torquay "performances". Another defeat and awful performance must lead to assessment of the Management/ Coaching team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent blind to the facts   Brent blind to the facts EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 10:32 pm

It will be a record low on Saturday and i do not blame the punters one bit for not going, i have already made my thoughts clear on the shambles last night and some of the contribuaty factors behind it...unbelievably a few (even on here) still try to argue that black is white by saying that the "superfans" are not part of the problem but maybe more of that some other time.
I still cannot believe the utter lunacy of getting in a "mentor" type figure for Fletcher to lace his boots, it is clear for all to see he is not up to the job so just bloody stick him back in the team where he belongs, why are they all so scared of him?
These "partnership" or "diector of football" abominations have never worked, least of all at Argyle

O Driscoll or Gary Johnson in now....And have the balls to put Fletcher back in his place

Last edited by punchdrunk on Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent blind to the facts   Brent blind to the facts EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 10:34 pm

The next 3 games all 6 pointers are key for any chance of survival.
If we are humiliated again this week then Fletchers position is untenable, I was expecting to hear news of his resignation at some point today, to still be the manager after that debacle last night defies all reasonable logic to me.

I just hope Purse and the big lump live up to the hype from the great and good of Team Brent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent blind to the facts   Brent blind to the facts EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 10:38 pm

Arch Stanton wrote:
If we are humiliated again this week then Fletchers position is untenable, I was expecting to hear news of his resignation at some point today, to still be the manager after that debacle last night defies all reasonable logic to me.

I just hope Purse and the big lump live up to the hype from the great and good of Team Brent.

It already is untenable

Mirrors of the Sturrock situation not so long ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent blind to the facts   Brent blind to the facts EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 10:50 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

It already is untenable

Mirrors of the Sturrock situation not so long ago.

They were too quick to appoint him PD.

What shocks me even more is that they are playing worse now then they were when in administration.
There has been no "feel good factor" at all, something you would of expected after the Brent coronation.

They look and play like a team of losers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent blind to the facts   Brent blind to the facts EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 5:20 pm

I think everyone being paid in full would have helped. No wonder little has changed on the pitch since the takeover. In fact I would imagine the deal has probably subconciously entrenched matters with some players, it certainly would have with me. Their desire appears non existent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brent blind to the facts   Brent blind to the facts Empty

Back to top Go down

Brent blind to the facts
Page 1 of 1