Moist_Von_Lipwig
Snake Eyes
Han Solos Other Ship
Flat_Track_Bully
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 1:15 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
I've got to say that you lads do take the biscuit, you get a great win today away to one of the pre season faves, you lost by the odd'un first time out to a team with 100% record which hasn't conceded a goal, alright you got beasted by Fleet but they ain't no mugs, planning has gone through for your ground to be completed as a v modern all seater which would grace any league yet you are acting as though the world has come to an end.
Half the Clubs in the Championship wouldn't get their average home gate into such a small ground. Let alone the fact that it's shoehorned in between an Ice Rink a Cinema and a hotel.  I'm sure the whole site will end up being called Central Retail Park.

And as Financial Fair Play bites in the coming years, attendances  will dictate how much money clubs can spend, PAFC is now limited to accepting the bottom half of the Championship as the height of the club's achievable ambitions.
Thanks to the selfishness of the few .........generations upon generations of Argyle fans will now never taste the ultimate goal.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

TRAITORS!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 1:18 pm

I've been advised I was out of order towards greensleeves last night and it led to a few regular posters here being upset by my comments. With hindsight I can understand their stance.

I didn't particularly like being preached "it's a good day to be green", not 2 days after the PCC stitch-up. That said there's no need for me to be so personal towards greensleeves. I apologise.

Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 1:45 pm

Good one Coxy. I have to say you pretty much articulated my views in a more (much more Very Happy) robust and impolite way than I might have done. I'll always be pleased to see Argyle win, especially if it includes actually playing football but all the rest has pretty much done for me. I'm lucky to be, literally, counting down to my retirement and adventures new. Factoring Argyle into any plans just doesn't come into now. Shame after 50 years but heyho I'm not going to let it exercise my thoughts too much.

The final nail in the coffin was the rankest of rank hypocrisy of Brent standing up and bare faced saying this development is all about Argyle, which seemed consist of improved ladies toilets, family friendly (WTF) and a couple of throwaway "Green Armies".

I think the original ground purchase was with a view to the Club being able to develop the land and collect the downstream benefits. Somewhere the culture of individual greed took over. Just imagine what a club we'd have if 1) The ground development had been first and central to the plans and 2). The ongoing benefits flowing to the club once the development costs had been paid off. It wouldn't have been without the wit of a talented proper supporter to have galvanised such a plan but unfortunately none were to be found.  
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 2:24 pm

For a long time some of us have blamed Stapleton for where we are now, or at least it was him who started the ball rolling. I think the real blame lies with Tudor Evans and his pledge of £3m which PCC could never afford (at least not willingly). PCC have endlessly made promises they couldn't keep for as long as I remember (back to the Waiters era). Whether Stapleton should've been astute enough to realise this money was never coming is a topic of its own. Nothing escapes the fact PAFC (to be more precise, the supporters) has been well and truly stitched-up by PCC, past and present.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 2:28 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
I've been advised I was out of order towards greensleeves last night and it led to a few regular posters here being upset by my comments.  With hindsight I can understand their stance.

I didn't particularly like being preached "it's a good day to be green", not 2 days after the PCC stitch-up.  That said there's no need for me to be so personal towards greensleeves.  I apologise.

Sorry.
Were there a number of regulars who actually complained to Admin then?

I'm surprised if that is so. I thought ATD was a bit more robust than that, generally.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 2:37 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
I've been advised I was out of order towards greensleeves last night and it led to a few regular posters here being upset by my comments.  With hindsight I can understand their stance.

I didn't particularly like being preached "it's a good day to be green", not 2 days after the PCC stitch-up.  That said there's no need for me to be so personal towards greensleeves.  I apologise.

Sorry.

I'm surprised if that is so. I thought ATD was a bit more robust than that, generally.
2 actual complaints to me personally. Greensleeves would clearly make up the 'few'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 2:38 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

Sorry.

Sadly i don't think it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 3:20 pm

IsThatHHP? wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

Sorry.

Sadly i don't think it is.
Really are you still bothered about having your post removed? Why does it bother you so much that you can't use retard as an insult?

FWIW I thought Coxside was OTT towards Greensleeves who was only celebrating a rare win. I know that might sound a bit hypocritical because of the abuse I give out but I'd like to think that it's only to the wankers who deserve it. I might not be Greensleeves biggest fan, nor understand why he wants to post on here when he's firmly entrenched in the Newell deserves a sainthood crew, but he did only post his view on his day out yesterday.

I know most of us are pretty pissed off about Thursdays decision and the general shittyness of the club but I don't think fighting amongst ourselves on here is going to change anything.

I don't get the problem with having a post deleted or a word taken out of a post when it is obvious abuse. The difference with Pasoti's editing and deleting policy is that they edit and delete any posts of criticism whether it is abuse or not and then they allow cnuts like Nooligan to abuse anyone he wants.

Coxside has apologised for his posts last night, Is It HHP has had a post edited, Hairy J has his post removed earlier and at the end of the day it's not the end of the world is it?

If you think it is then you're a cnut/asshole/wanker/tw@t/tosser/fuckwit*

*Insert your insult of choice here and delete any you don't like*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 3:38 pm

I couldn't give a toss about having something deleted, what is quite sad is that some "cnut/asshole/wanker/tw@t/tosser/fuckwit*" or two was that offended to complain about it.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 3:47 pm

IsThatHHP? wrote:
I couldn't give a toss about having something deleted, what is quite sad is that some "cnut/asshole/wanker/tw@t/tosser/fuckwit*" or two was that offended to complain about it.
My posts lowered the integrity of the forum, it's understandable.  Even during apologising I was able to keep my disagreement in tact.

Last edited by Coxside_Green on Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 3:47 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Well done you,  glad you enjoyed it.   Journeys back are awful when you loose.
Yep. The journey back was brilliant, singing songs (even some of the 'older' people joined in), light hearted abuse at the driver for refusing to stop at a services, and a couple conga's down the coach. cheers 
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 3:06 am

think you need to get out more mate !!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheltenam Match Thread
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4