Han Solos Other Ship
Flat_Track_Bully
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 10:06 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
On a park the size of Central Park, you could easily lose £1.1m on quite basic landscaping and nobody would notice the difference.

My problem is it's getting harder and harder to distinguish between the club we all love - PAFC, and the wankfest that is made up of PAFC/Brent/Akkeron/Newell/Webb/Variousdesperatehangerson etc.

It's a lifelong natural reaction to desperately want Argyle to succeed. But it is becoming less and less so with all the excess baggage now attached to the club.
The wankfest has been growing for 8 years, we all have to take responsibility for allowing it.  It's not like we didn't know some were kissing butt while others were making promises they couldn't keep.  We sat back and done nothing but mank on a forum!  Painful I know.
We even had to create our own forum. Shocked 

Those dimwitted deceivers, who seek status and control ,will and have licked arse to get to play their role in the demise of PAFC.

The reluctant bidder has played them well to smooth his path and turn the club into the bucket rattling Avivafest it has now become.

Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 10:12 pm

I heard a rumour that the groundstaff had to raise there own funds for grass seed this summer
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 10:20 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
On a park the size of Central Park, you could easily lose £1.1m on quite basic landscaping and nobody would notice the difference.

My problem is it's getting harder and harder to distinguish between the club we all love - PAFC, and the wankfest that is made up of PAFC/Brent/Akkeron/Newell/Webb/Variousdesperatehangerson etc.

It's a lifelong natural reaction to desperately want Argyle to succeed. But it is becoming less and less so with all the excess baggage now attached to the club.
The wankfest has been growing for 8 years, we all have to take responsibility for allowing it.  It's not like we didn't know some were kissing butt while others were making promises they couldn't keep.  We sat back and done nothing but mank on a forum!  Painful I know.
We even had to create our own forum. Shocked 

Those dimwitted deceivers, who seek status and control ,will and have licked arse to get to play their role in the demise of PAFC.

The reluctant bidder has played them well to smooth his path and turn the club into the bucket rattling Avivafest it has now become.

I stand guilty of not joining your forum BITD. Not that I ever disagreed with your stance but I suppose the power of the internet was unknown back then. Absolutely no excuse for so many internet savvy people to not read, digest and understand events of today.

When I first joined here I called for a 'cleansing'. It never happened.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 10:23 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Oddball, I'll call it as it is.  

To tell me it's a good day to be green is basically rubbing my nose in some horrible shit.  You're a cnut to do that.

Good luck with your Argyle but guaranteed I'll find cheaper and more appealing pastimes.  Again, you're a cnut, an horrible one at that.  Enjoy your days with the wankers who really couldn't care less about you!
cheers 
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 10:35 pm

This was undoubtedly a good performance, but it is a measure of how utterly shite we've been for years when a 3-1 win with stats like this....

Posession Argyle 50% Cheltenham 50%

Shots Argyle 9 Cheltenham 10

On target Argyle 5 Cheltenham 5

.....is heralded as "special"

FFS
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 10:45 pm

The only stats that matter are goals.  We'll witness many performances throughout the season where we'll have under 50% possession, fewer shots blah blah.  

But this is football speak ffs, nothing to do with money making property shit.

If you want winning Argyle football, 2015-16 is a good bet.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 10:48 pm

stats can lie - Posession back on the edge of your own 18 yard back is hardly anything to brag about, as has been said, the only stat worth worrying about is who has scored most goals
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 11:00 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
This was undoubtedly a good performance, but it is a measure of how utterly shite we've been for years when a 3-1 win with stats like this....

Posession Argyle 50% Cheltenham 50%

Shots       Argyle 9     Cheltenham 10

On target  Argyle 5     Cheltenham 5

.....is heralded as "special"

FFS
Look at our stats under Fletcher though, they were always good. Our stats were also better than Fleetwood's last week in some regards. Means nowt if sides just tap it around their own area under heavy high pressing and are restricted to long shots from outside the box which the keeper deals with easily like Luke did today.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 11:08 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

To tell me it's a good day to be green is basically rubbing my nose in some horrible shit.  You're a cnut to do that.

Good luck with your Argyle but guaranteed I'll find cheaper and more appealing pastimes.  Again, you're a cnut, an horrible one at that.  Enjoy your days with the wankers who really couldn't care less about you!
cheers 
Coxside Green.Couldn't give a fishes tit what you think.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 11:14 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

cheers 
Coxside Green.Couldn't give a fishes tit what you think.
So no need to reply.  

The fact you think as small as a 'fishes tit' ffs lol LMAO

It's SMALL-minded wankers like you who have stunted our club. You wont be forgotten.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 11:31 pm

Oddball, I don't know if you stink of piss or not but your 'friends' claim it. You'll never be truly corporate you daft tw@t and you'll never be truly wanted, welcome to my club.

Sorry if I offended you earlier, I know the truth is hurtful sometimes. Can you fek off and support a town near you somewhere?
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 11:33 pm

Oi come on you pair, we won, lets be happy for once.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 11:37 pm

People are entitled to hold their own view on all things Argyle no matter how misguided others may think they are. It doesn't make them a cnut. There must be a load of differing views in the fan base. Some who think it is all great stuff and Argyle should consider itself lucky and others who have a completely opposite opinion where none of it is any good at all. Some think that some of it is ok and other parts aren't. Some aren't that bothered about size and those who think it is everything. Size may never be put to the test again. Who knows if we will ever rise up the leagues again in any of our lifetimes. The problem is that results like today are overshaddowed by everything else and as an Argyle Supporter it seems you can't forget one part to rejoice in the other for a minute. Shame really because the whole point in supporting a team is mainly results on a matchday. Without those the rest is just bricks and buildings.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 11:44 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Oi come on you pair, we won, lets be happy for once.
As much as I respect you as my elder, shit isn't passing me by. Sorry about that.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 11:59 pm

This is all very confusing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 12:01 am

People arguing on ATD is confusing ????? Where have you been in the last year Dane?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 12:43 am

Telling people to feck off aint arguing. I dont want him associated with my club, he helped bring it down, it's my duty as a citizen to rebuild. He needs to feck off, he's not alone of course.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 9:03 am

Who are you talking about
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 10:52 am

We dominated the game, we looked clinical, great atmosphere. Superb away day, I went to most of the away games last season, but managed to miss all our wins, this is my first away win in over a season and what a way to do it.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 11:27 am

Well done you, glad you enjoyed it. Journeys back are awful when you loose.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 12:12 pm

WTF is Dougie? Unusual for ATD's very own Brief Synopsis guy not to have given us his balanced take on things Question 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 12:30 pm

Pitbull wrote:
We dominated the game, we looked clinical, great atmosphere. Superb away day, I went to most of the away games last season, but managed to miss all our wins, this is my first away win in over a season and what a way to do it.
Anyone who sits on an alcohol free bus for hours on end stuck with the likes of Newell, Webb, Zee Zan, Charlie the drummer boy and Sue the bucket rattler deserves a medal imho.
Not my idea  of a great Saturday out but you live and learn i suppose.
My preferred method of travel was the train and a stash of Mcewans Export back in the day when Argyle were actually worth the travelling.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 12:36 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Pitbull wrote:
Anyone who sits on an alcohol free bus for hours on end stuck with the likes of Newell, Webb, Zee Zan, Charlie the drummer boy and Sue the bucket rattler deserves a medal imho.
I agree. There's a George Cross winging its way to you some time soon Cobi. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 12:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 1:11 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
I've got to say that you lads do take the biscuit, you get a great win today away to one of the pre season faves, you lost by the odd'un first time out to a team with 100% record which hasn't conceded a goal, alright you got beasted by Fleet but they ain't no mugs, planning has gone through for your ground to be completed as a v modern all seater which would grace any league yet you are acting as though the world has come to an end.
Half the Clubs in the Championship wouldn't get their average home gate into such a small ground. Let alone the fact that it's shoehorned in between an Ice Rink a Cinema and a hotel. I'm sure the whole site will end up being called Central Retail Park.

And as Financial Fair Play bites in the coming years, attendances will dictate how much money clubs can spend, PAFC is now limited to accepting the bottom half of the Championship as the height of the club's achievable ambitions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheltenam Match Thread
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next