hippo
Flat_Track_Bully
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Rochdale Match Thread Empty
PostSubject: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 2:38 pm

Can we extend our winning run!

McCormick;
Nelson, Branston, Trotman, Berry;
Alessandra, Hourihane, Blizzard, Boco;
Reid, Morgan

Subs: Cole, Blackman, Blanchard, Young, Harvey, Richards, Gurrieri

No changes from the last match. Bit more experience on the bench.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 3:01 pm

Gordon Sparks the worm sucking up to Paul Wotton with his "enforced" laugh .
#creepofthehighestorder
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 3:26 pm

1-0 Reid penalty.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 3:28 pm

OMG
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 3:58 pm

Pitch looks perfect and Argyle are literally working the old socks off!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 4:51 pm

Sparks and Wotton agreeing that the new stand looks "fantastic and breathtaking" 
feck off you pair of Brent arselicking ********
Sparks really makes my skin crawl with his political agenda.
a creep of the highest order
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 4:54 pm

still 1-0, 90th minute. Come on boys
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 4:55 pm

sounds tense
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 4:57 pm

2 on the bounce - currently up to 9th on the beeb dynamic league thing. Nosebleed time
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 4:58 pm

woo hoo, 3 points! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 5:00 pm

hippo wrote:
woo hoo, 3 points! Smile
and that too ..well done but lets not get ahead of ourselves
jocolor
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 5:04 pm

Don't worry, my nipples have not exploded with delight Smile
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 5:19 pm

Is there a photo we can see to back that up Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 6:08 pm

The old proverbial game of two halves.Argyle very good first half,always looked a threat and deservedly led even though from my viewpoint the penalty looked dodgy-Morgan was going away from the goal,certainly don't think there was any need for the keeper to bring him down.Hourihane unlucky with a rasping 25 yareder that hit the bar.Second half completely different story,Rochdale on the front foot,Argyle not helping themselves by continually giving the ball away and smacking aimless balls up the pitch,which inevitably led to it coming straight back and further pressure.Having said that,Rochdale didn't create too many clear cut chances and Argyle did defend doggedly,Branston and Berry to the fore.Difficult to assess how good a performance this really was but three valuable points,Morgan MOM,quickly becoming a cult figure with his bustling style.
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Prince

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 6:18 pm

Spark's 'brown-envelope' moment almost had me spewing.
Also WTF is he on about every week saying that Conor Hourihane "has his critics"? I think everyone is delighted by the marked upturn in his performances and I haven't heard or seen any criticism of him recently.
Amazes me the cop that the 'antis' have taken, as if they are anything other than green-blooded simply because they are against the violation of HHP in the name of personal greed, when threads like this prove how much everyone just wants Argyle to win at the end of the day.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 6:23 pm

shonbo wrote:
Not that I can post on here, there have been many, luckily I seem to have tracked most of the down now.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 6:25 pm

hippo wrote:
shonbo wrote:
Not that I can post on here, there have been many, luckily I seem to have tracked most of the down now.
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 6:27 pm

Another 3 points Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 7:05 pm

Greenskin wrote:
The old proverbial game of two halves.Argyle very good first half,always looked a threat and deservedly led even though from my viewpoint the penalty looked dodgy-Morgan was going away from the goal,certainly don't think there was any need for the keeper to bring him down.Hourihane unlucky with a rasping 25 yareder that hit the bar.Second half completely different story,Rochdale on the front foot,Argyle not helping themselves by continually giving the ball away and smacking aimless balls up the pitch,which inevitably led to it coming straight back and further pressure.Having said that,Rochdale didn't create too many clear cut chances and Argyle did defend doggedly,Branston and Berry to the fore.Difficult to assess how good a performance this really was but three valuable points,Morgan MOM,quickly becoming a cult figure with his bustling style.
Must agree with greenskin from what I saw a game of two halves and as usual the second half we defend to deep.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 7:23 pm

Nice to see Paul Maxwell on the pitch at half time.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 7:46 pm

shonbo wrote:
hippo wrote:
shonbo wrote:
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Thinking of making an interweb site called hippopotopuppies.org
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 7:48 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Nice to see Paul Maxwell on the pitch at half time.
Didn't see that,too busy queueing for a cup of overpriced tea, but doubt if you could have heard who it was from my seat anyway.PA system is diabolical,could hardly hear the team being read out,Semper was just about audible,you couldn't hear the name of the scorer.Sort it out Starnes/Brent.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 7:57 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Would you say the squad is strong enough for the season?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 8:16 pm

hippo wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Would you say the squad is strong enough for the season?  
Probably not,no.Inevitably as the season goes on,suspensions and injuries will kick in and i wouldn't say that there is enough strength in the squad to cope adequately at the moment-maybe the results during Branstons absence and since his return are confirmation of that,although Trotman has been signed since the start of the season to ease the situation numbers wise.There would also be problems up front should Reid or Morgan be out for any length of time-Harvey and the other strikers may be very promising players but it would be asking a lot of them to be spearheads for any potential promotion challenge.There is the loan market of course which Argyle have used to some effect in the past two seasons but personally i'd like to see a couple of players brought in now on a permanent basis but i don't think they will be forthcoming somehow.There was a rather strange cameo from Blackman when he came on today,which seemed to consist entirely of giving the ball to Rochdale players in very dangerous positions-hope he doesn't represent budgetary barrel scraping.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 8:27 pm

Thanks for the reply, I feel that our other forwards may not quite be sufficient at the moment-not quite bulky enough yet, but at the moment I am leaning slightly towards the optimistic end of the goodish/ shite equilibrium, especially as Sheridan is trying. The only thing holding us back is Santiago Brent and his associates.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Rochdale Match Thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next