Han Solos Other Ship
Flat_Track_Bully
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 4:23 pm

How the feck are we winning 3 nil away LOL
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 4:53 pm

FT Wow 1-3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 4:56 pm

What a bleddy relief.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 5:01 pm

I should be on heat like a badger in mating season, instead I feel like a fekn pensioner who has no clue what an I-Max is and never been to Argyle but know I have to make the right vote anyway, pfffft
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 5:05 pm

Top win,no question about it-Cheltenham's first home defeat in 22 apparently.Let's hope it proves to be the catalyst for better and more consistent days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 5:06 pm

i wasnt interested in todays result. my love for the club has died sadly
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 5:14 pm

Brilliant win. Will have to look at reports to see what the perfomance was like though. This better not be just a one off freak result.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 5:17 pm

Angry wrote:
i wasnt interested in todays result. my love for the club has died sadly

My love for the club has also died, my love for the team hasn't, well done lads..............at last.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 5:21 pm

There's no doubt the players upped their game today. That said I maintain we wont be touching play-offs/promotion anytime soon, the developments have to be justified.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 5:23 pm

a welcome win, just imagine when we get all this new income from the ground we'll be unstoppable (2015-16 that is)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 6:02 pm

That'll be us winning the league now then Laughing 

A good win but a long way still to go.

Imagine the result we could've got if Brent had spent just a portion of the £1.1million he's spending on park improvements on a proven goal scorer lol! 
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 6:22 pm

On a park the size of Central Park, you could easily lose £1.1m on quite basic landscaping and nobody would notice the difference.

My problem is it's getting harder and harder to distinguish between the club we all love - PAFC, and the wankfest that is made up of PAFC/Brent/Akkeron/Newell/Webb/Variousdesperatehangerson etc.

It's a lifelong natural reaction to desperately want Argyle to succeed. But it is becoming less and less so with all the excess baggage now attached to the club.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 6:58 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
On a park the size of Central Park, you could easily lose £1.1m on quite basic landscaping and nobody would notice the difference.

My problem is it's getting harder and harder to distinguish between the club we all love - PAFC, and the wankfest that is made up of PAFC/Brent/Akkeron/Newell/Webb/Variousdesperatehangerson etc.

It's a lifelong natural reaction to desperately want Argyle to succeed. But it is becoming less and less so with all the excess baggage now attached to the club.
The wankfest has been growing for 8 years, we all have to take responsibility for allowing it. It's not like we didn't know some were kissing butt while others were making promises they couldn't keep. We sat back and done nothing but mank on a forum! Painful I know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 7:17 pm

I hate Akkeron Brent the Nooligans but I still love the club and hate it when we lose, great result today, we got to remember that Brent is only a custodian of the club and we will get it back again. In the mean time I am going to make sure it's a bumpy ride for the asset stripping Mr Brent who is not fit for purpose to be our chairman due to a massive conflict of interests.
Btw, where's Greengenes?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 7:28 pm

I'm with Iggy, let's fight for this club!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 7:38 pm

I have said on other numerous threads that the ethos of ATD should be to give the shysters beans in the hope that we can move onto something better.
If the AFT wont do it ATD will
Drive the scum out .........................NOW
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 7:40 pm

Punch, too many still don't get it.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 9:23 pm

I've got to say that you lads do take the biscuit, you get a great win today away to one of the pre season faves, you lost by the odd'un first time out to a team with 100% record which hasn't conceded a goal, alright you got beasted by Fleet but they ain't no mugs, planning has gone through for your ground to be completed as a v modern all seater which would grace any league yet you are acting as though the world has come to an end.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 9:33 pm

Yep, that's ambition for ya. Seeing the club get raped is somewhat different though. I suppose if our away stand crumbled away we might also snigger when the hordes of city fans couldn't get in, then again it's small fry to where we're at.

Clearly we'll never agree with where PAFC should be in the grand scheme of things, should we discuss Exeter instead?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 9:35 pm

No we are saying that we have a mediocre footballing team, sure we are having a mank at Brent but he owns our feckin football club, why shouldn't we?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 9:41 pm

Gotta laugh at the Lord's moniker, the internet equivalent of a tattoo.

Give it up ffs.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 9:51 pm

A truly outstanding performance from Argyle.We attacked from the off and played a much higher line with Blizzard and Hourihane playing further forward and combining well with the front four.We passed the ball well and there was none of the hoofball of previous matches.Argyle completely dominated the first half in what was a very good display of attacking football.Defensively we were pretty good as well,with Branston especially adding steel and strength in the air restricting Cheltenham to a couple of long distance efforts which Luke dealt with comfortably.Second half it was just a question of winding the clock down although Cheltenham did score a good goal with a shot from a free kick just outside the penalty area.A good day to be green, the GA were in fine voice.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 9:54 pm

I was at st james park last Monday afternoon, its a even more of a dump on a non-match day
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 10:01 pm

Just back.

What can I say but wow?

It could hardly have been any better. Everyone played their part and no-one had a bad game. We're so much better when we play pacey, high octane, in your face, attractive football rather than slow, contemplative build-up stuff. We went out there, played creative, attacking and pretty football all game and really we should have been more than 3-0 up before Cheltenham gave us a nervy last 20 minutes. We sat back and defended too much for the last 20 minutes and if anything took the edge off it slightly then it was that. However even then we defended impeccably. The best we have played since the Holloway years arguably- well, well worth the win.

McCormick- did all he had to do well and would be harsh to have expected him to stop the free kick. He's a great commander of his area and is roughly equal with Cole in the shot stopping stakes.
Nelson- barely put a foot wrong. The concentration lapses which he has become infamous for didn't come into play once today. Read the game superbly and was very adept to get to danger and avert it as quickly as possible. He's made the right-back spot his own to lose now.
Berry- see above. On the right side he has whole games where he seems either out of position or not doing what he should when the ball is close to him. On the left side oddly he seemed way more disciplined and alert. He's made the left-back spot HIS own for now.
Branston- slightly slow start but got better and better as the game went on. Imperious and almost the best he's played in a green shirt.
Trotman- First half an hour I thought he looked a liability but all of a sudden for no apparent reason he started to become brilliant. Throwing his head in the way of everything and shirking out of nothing- and actually having better positional judgement of where to be.
Allessandra- a decent performance, got forward and linked up fairly well but nothing on the rest of the midfield and strikers today.
Blizzard- wow. What a different player to the one we saw last week. Worthy of the name Blizzard and no drizzle on show today. Won so much in midfield and not only that but he had the composure and technical ability to lay it forward sharply and well.
Hourihane- see my comments on him on his main thread. Just sublime. This was HIS game.
Boco- now I see the reason for so many positive comments about him. He was sensational. Could beat a man, get a cross in, look comfortable on the ball, link up very well with other players particularly Conor, and score a superb goal. Played like the perfect attacking wide player today. Let's see a lot more of it.
Morgan- Very very good. His touch isn't great but everything else is. Won the ball superbly and almost ALWAYS found an Argyle fan to comfortably lay it too. Great taken goal and another thing- he has plenty of pace for someone so big and gangly.
Reid- what a perfect tonic to last week. He may not have scored but he drew defenders out of position and contributed tirelessly. His pass to Boco for the goal was the pass of the season and of last season too. Perfect technique. It was a real heart warming moment to see him get a standing ovation from the GA, his fellow players and Tyler. When they're both on form, I genuinely think that Reid > Morgan especially from a technical point of view.
Harvey- did very well. Bustled, looked busy, linked up play and kept the ball in the corner flag Blair Sturrock esque. Could see he was delighted at the end.
Gurrieri and Young- only on for a few minutes each but Andy helped with the corner flag stuff in stoppage time. Did his trademark dancing and fistpumping to the Argyle fans after a win too!

Not saying it means the world, I was equally unhappy as I was happy last week. We need to maintain some consistency, starting with an unchanged side for Rochdale home. Today however, was very special. This is more like what it felt like in the good old days. Perhaps this could be our Rushden moment?

Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 10:03 pm

Oddball, I'll call it as it is.

To tell me it's a good day to be green is basically rubbing my nose in some horrible shit. You're a cnut to do that.

Good luck with your Argyle but guaranteed I'll find cheaper and more appealing pastimes. Again, you're a cnut, an horrible one at that. Enjoy your days with the wankers who really couldn't care less about you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenam Match Thread   Cheltenam Match Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheltenam Match Thread
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next