Czarcasm
Rickler
argyledj
Chemical Ali
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

President's Progress Empty
PostSubject: President's Progress   President's Progress EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:47 pm

Posted on pasoti, a good summary from President Webb and possibly this board recognises the value of communication with the fans-

Hi All

I’ve been thinking over the last few days about how to get information out to supporters on an on-going basis.

As I see it you have the Club website for official news, the usual media outlets, the Trust for updates on supporter’s issues and the GTs on their fundraising activities.

Over the last couple of weeks though I have realised that as President I will still be in a rather fortunate position where I get to hear information and updates.

During my time as Trust Chair, Pasoti was a vital communications tool and personally I feel that it is only right that if there is something to say (within reason) then I owe it to the supporters to say it.

We have built up a tremendous momentum now and it would be a disaster if that was allowed to slip.

I have had a chat with IJN and informed him that initially via pasoti I would post a pretty regular Presidents Progress Update (perhaps on a monthly or so basis). I will also put it out via my twitter / facebook and maybe even over time publish it around the ground as things develop.

Hopefully fans will see this as a positive but as always I welcome your views, criticisms and feedback.

So…..

GTs

The Taverners, Ian Newell and I met with James Brent and Peter Ridsdale yesterday morning to discuss the GTs on-going involvement in the Club.

The meeting was extremely positive and the GTs are awaiting feedback on a couple of issues before releasing a full statement covering all agenda items.

Trust

Warren met with James Brent yesterday to discuss the Trust / Club relationship going forward. I am sure the Trust will update members in due course as to any outcomes or feedback.

Supporters Engagement

James Brent remains extremely committed to continued engagement with all Argyle supporters. An open supporters meeting is being arranged (possibly prior to the Northampton game) at which

James Brent will present the Clubs proposals on future engagement and allow the chance for fans to influence / amend that. More details to follow on this as and when confirmed.

Commercial Income

Given the fact that Argyle entering administration severely damaged the Clubs relationship with local businesses it is vital now that Argyle get back out into the community and sells itself again.

Talks with various parties at the Club on driving up commercial revenues are continuing and will hopefully lead to putting Argyle back at the heart of the business community over time.

The Board

James Brent is working hard and looking at potential candidates for the Argyle board this week and next. I am sure he will make an announcement on this at the appropriate time.

Community / Schools

Anybody that followed James Brents bid from start to finish will know that he is adamant on building Argyle up within the schools and communities across Devon and Cornwall. No time is being wasted on this and Club official / players visits to schools are being planned as early as next week in the hope to have tickets for school children in place for the Northampton game.

The Team

The first of the rumoured players will fingers crossed arrive in the next 48hrs (possibly sooner) -A striker. Everyone at the Club is working tirelessly to bring players to Argyle but as I have said on other threads it’s about the right players not any players.

In summary I still remain 100% confident that this is a golden opportunity for Argyle supporters and the Club to shape whatever future we want. Others will play a far more significant role than me going forward but hopefully I can muck in where I can and report / relay back to supporters on a regular basis.

Chris

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
argyledj

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress   President's Progress EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:07 pm

i sent him a pm saying that as club president he should communicate with all the supporters and that he should put a monthly report on here, even if he no longer wishes to be a member of atd,the role of president is a public one so lets wait and see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress   President's Progress EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:27 pm

Agreed, I have a lot of respect for Chrish Webb, but his roles demands he angages with all supporters, the message should have been posted here too.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress   President's Progress EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:55 pm

Chris Webb post on here? Are you joking? The first thing he did as "the peoples president" was resign his account on here in a childish flounce.

A damn disgrace for a "President" if you ask me...

So what's he going to do... Take Newells suggestion and PM Frank Bullitt on Pasoti to post his 'blog' for him on here?

You know what... Spare me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress   President's Progress EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:57 pm

Rickler wrote:

Chris Webb post on here? Are you joking? The first thing he did as "the peoples president" was resign his account on here in a childish flounce.

So what's he going to do... Take Newells suggestion and PM Frank Bullitt on Pasoti to post his 'blog' for him on here?

I genuinley dont get the problem here?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress   President's Progress EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:12 pm

Rickler wrote:

I actually thought the "banter" crossed the line into some nasty personal attacks and innuendo. It may have been the "right" thing to do for him to carry on and fight back but I really didn't blame him for his response. I didn't think it was a "childish flounce" at all. Why should being a President (not really sure why you apostrophise it) make you either immune to personal jibes or make you want to put up with them?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress   President's Progress EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:31 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Posted on pasoti, a good summary from President Webb and possibly this board recognises the value of communication with the fans-

Hi All

I’ve been thinking over the last few days about how to get information out to supporters on an on-going basis.

As I see it you have the Club website for official news, the usual media outlets, the Trust for updates on supporter’s issues and the GTs on their fundraising activities.

Over the last couple of weeks though I have realised that as President I will still be in a rather fortunate position where I get to hear information and updates.

During my time as Trust Chair, Pasoti was a vital communications tool and personally I feel that it is only right that if there is something to say (within reason) then I owe it to the supporters to say it.

We have built up a tremendous momentum now and it would be a disaster if that was allowed to slip.

I have had a chat with IJN and informed him that initially via pasoti I would post a pretty regular Presidents Progress Update (perhaps on a monthly or so basis). I will also put it out via my twitter / facebook and maybe even over time publish it around the ground as things develop.

Hopefully fans will see this as a positive but as always I welcome your views, criticisms and feedback.

So…..

GTs

The Taverners, Ian Newell and I met with James Brent and Peter Ridsdale yesterday morning to discuss the GTs on-going involvement in the Club.

The meeting was extremely positive and the GTs are awaiting feedback on a couple of issues before releasing a full statement covering all agenda items.

Trust

Warren met with James Brent yesterday to discuss the Trust / Club relationship going forward. I am sure the Trust will update members in due course as to any outcomes or feedback.

Supporters Engagement

James Brent remains extremely committed to continued engagement with all Argyle supporters. An open supporters meeting is being arranged (possibly prior to the Northampton game) at which

James Brent will present the Clubs proposals on future engagement and allow the chance for fans to influence / amend that. More details to follow on this as and when confirmed.

Commercial Income

Given the fact that Argyle entering administration severely damaged the Clubs relationship with local businesses it is vital now that Argyle get back out into the community and sells itself again.

Talks with various parties at the Club on driving up commercial revenues are continuing and will hopefully lead to putting Argyle back at the heart of the business community over time.

The Board

James Brent is working hard and looking at potential candidates for the Argyle board this week and next. I am sure he will make an announcement on this at the appropriate time.

Community / Schools

Anybody that followed James Brents bid from start to finish will know that he is adamant on building Argyle up within the schools and communities across Devon and Cornwall. No time is being wasted on this and Club official / players visits to schools are being planned as early as next week in the hope to have tickets for school children in place for the Northampton game.

The Team

The first of the rumoured players will fingers crossed arrive in the next 48hrs (possibly sooner) -A striker. Everyone at the Club is working tirelessly to bring players to Argyle but as I have said on other threads it’s about the right players not any players.

In summary I still remain 100% confident that this is a golden opportunity for Argyle supporters and the Club to shape whatever future we want. Others will play a far more significant role than me going forward but hopefully I can muck in where I can and report / relay back to supporters on a regular basis.

Chris

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm still pretty shocked Chris Webb has decided to go down this road. I know he was egged on, but it still surprises me.

He's said he will say it as he see's it. Isn't that going to be a bit awkward, when at some point down the line, things are f*cking shit? I mean genuinely f*cking shit?

Is the Club President going to come out and say "it's f*cking shit." ? Well no, of course he's not. He can't. He's the f*cking President FFS.

He is now simply a communicator for whatever information Brent and Ridsdale want relayed to the fanbase. Well, the Pasoti fanbase anyway.

Gotta be said, Brent & Ridders have played a blinder here.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress   President's Progress EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:09 pm

I have to say, that's rather how I see it. Now what started off as a grassroots movement to save the club has been co-opted into the club hierarchy, this will be fine when things are good but currently things aren't. We're 5 points adrift in the relegation position and we came mighty close to crashing out of the FA cup to a team 3 divisions below us. Hopefully things will improve but if they don't, then he'll probably find himself carrying the can far more than is fair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress   President's Progress EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:17 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I'm still pretty shocked Chris Webb has decided to go down this road. I know he was egged on, but it still surprises me.

He's said he will say it as he see's it. Isn't that going to be a bit awkward, when at some point down the line, things are f*cking shit? I mean genuinely f*cking shit?

Is the Club President going to come out and say "it's f*cking shit." ? Well no, of course he's not. He can't. He's the f*cking President FFS

He is now simply a communicator for whatever information Brent and Ridsdale want relayed to the fanbase. Well, the Pasoti fanbase anyway.

He may not put it so eruditely as you but why do you assume he won't actually say it in his own way? He says he will so why not give him the chance or even support?

I'm a bit unclear about Peter_dout's comment. Do you mean the fans would turn on him & that would be unfair? If so, I think you might be right but I guess that would depend upon how he handles himself. I have said elsewhere that if Mr Brent turns on his own appointed President that would hardly put Brent in a good light. If Chris really does intend to be his own man and, in the face of sniping from all sides, actually manages it then he may be in a relatively powerful position.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress   President's Progress EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:36 pm

Is Rick Cowdery still the media relations officer or whatever its called at HP?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress   President's Progress EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:40 pm

funny man wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Is the Club President going to come out and say "it's f*cking shit." ? Well no, of course he's not. He can't. He's the f*cking President FFS

He may not put it so eruditely as you but why do you assume he won't actually say it in his own way? He says he will so why not give him the chance or even support?

I'm a bit unclear about Peter_dout's comment. Do you mean the fans would turn on him & that would be unfair? If so, I think you might be right but I guess that would depend upon how he handles himself. I have said elsewhere that if Mr Brent turns on his own appointed President that would hardly put Brent in a good light. If Chris really does intend to be his own man and, in the face of sniping from all sides, actually manages it then he may be in a relatively powerful position.

Because, in my opinion, the position bestowed upon him will serve to stifle any desenting thoughts he may have.

As the Leader of a strong independent Fans Trust, he could shout from the rooftops and speak with a damning voice if it all goes wrong (again).

To think that very same person, as Club President, can and will react in the same vein, is naive in the extreme.

Last edited by Czarcasm on Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress   President's Progress EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:48 pm

Results on the pitch will determine all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress   President's Progress EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 11:00 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
funny man wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Because, in my opinion, the position bestowed upon him will serve to stifle any desenting thoughts he may have.

As the Leader of a strong independent Fans Trust, he could shout from the rooftops and speak with a damning voice if it all goes wrong (again).

To think that very same person, as Club President, can and will react in the same vein, is naive in the extreme.

I agree to the extent that being an elected leader of a strong trust may have been the better route. But he isn't and it isn't. I repeat what I have said his position may actually be a strong one inasmuch as he has actually been chosen by Brent. If Chris does speak openly, clearly and independently then his voice will be heard.
Let's see if Brent's apparent good intentions actually are real and if Chris can manage what he says he wants to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress   President's Progress EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 11:42 pm

Greenskin wrote:

I think someone else has his eye on that job Greenskin bom

(P)Rick Cowdrey received a lot of flack from high ranking CP ers via PASOTI during the administration process for his Comical Ali-esque updates from The Riddler & Co and what they perceived as sniping of the CP.
It would not surprise me if Mr C is relieved of his duties once the dust settles at Brent Towers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress   President's Progress EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:09 am

funny man wrote:
Rickler wrote:

I actually thought the "banter" crossed the line into some nasty personal attacks and innuendo. It may have been the "right" thing to do for him to carry on and fight back but I really didn't blame him for his response. I didn't think it was a "childish flounce" at all. Why should being a President (not really sure why you apostrophise it) make you either immune to personal jibes or make you want to put up with them?
He didn't get "abused " here.... nonsense. As a fans' rep he was thoroughly questioned ... nothing wrong with that.
His leaving his account here seemed 100% pre planned to me. I personally couldn't care less if he posts his thoughts on here... and I'm certainly glad I don't have to read his continual gripes .... he should have experienced the abuse that many of us got over the years on Pasoti. Any public comments can be posted on here immediately, so it's all a bit pointless really....very sad and very worrying for those that think such details important...

And as for "inuendo" FM, what on earth does "release the dogs" infer ? ... waht sort of inuendo is that ? needless gratuity when the club's creditors were never going to let the club be liquidated.... all very bad form in my mind.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress   President's Progress EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:38 am

argyledj wrote:
i sent him a pm saying that as club president he should communicate with all the supporters and that he should put a monthly report on here, even if he no longer wishes to be a member of atd,the role of president is a public one so lets wait and see.

Best of British to you but I never got a reply to my last PM to Chris. He replied on the corresponding locked and moved thread (weird how he managed that!) but it was clear that was due to a post on here so he does still read the site.

To that end i'd reiterate Chris that as your role now has a pastoral dimension it should reach out to all in the parish not just those who come to chapel. You need to preach to the unconverted so please consider a return, even if it's just to place 'parish notices' as ArgyleDJ suggests.

UNITY Suspect
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress   President's Progress EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 2:51 am

Womble wrote:
Rickler wrote:

I genuinley dont get the problem here?

What, the problem with Webby asking Frank to post for him on ATD?

Because surely you don't mean the problem with the 'fans' president flouncing from the main alternative fans forum, because he feels he doesn't get enough "respect" from about 5% of its posters?

Thereby eliminating his need to interact with about 90% of anyone who ever dare question him, and at the expense of everything, and 95% of everyone else posting on this site!

And you see no problem with an "official" of the club who is designated specifically to interact with ALL fans behaving that way?

If you don't see it now... It's no wonder this club is in trouble!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress   President's Progress EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:12 am

Arch Stanton wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

(P)Rick Cowdrey received a lot of flack from high ranking CP ers via PASOTI during the administration process for his Comical Ali-esque updates from The Riddler & Co and what they perceived as sniping of the CP.
It would not surprise me if Mr C is relieved of his duties once the dust settles at Brent Towers.

I think you're on the wrong track. Cowdrey is a paid employee, whose job it is to deal with the day to day aspects of media relations. This means organising press conferences, writing press releases and just generally offering up the current party line to whoever is asking. The fact that outside pressures didn't see him deviate from his loyalty to whoever was telling him what do (as then as is now - Ridsdale), will be seen as a positive rather than a negative.

Whether Peter Ridsdale has seen that the last regime was criticised for not communicating with fans enough and has decided to promote one of them to an unofficial communications outlet on that basis I don't know. Or it might genuinely be a 'gift' as a reward for his undoubted efforts with the CP group. What I do think is that Brent has got an experienced and capable communcations officer for nothing.

It is feasible that PASOTI becomes a de facto version of 'Argyle Insider', which would call into question its independence from the club as voted for by its members. THis would and has already led to increased traffic on this site from posters such as myself who are far from anti PASOTI and as I've said before I've met Ian on a few occasions and do have a lot of time for the guy , but who perhaps want to look at both sides of an argument without being dismissed as 'ungrateful' and 'negative'. We are still bottom, we've failed to beat a non league side in the FA cup.

I could be wrong but its hard to trust anyone involved in this club in an official capacity just yet. Until the dust settles, we simply won't know and as always it'll be what happens on the pitch that dictates most things.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress   President's Progress EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 11:03 am

peter_dout wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

I think you're on the wrong track. Cowdrey is a paid employee, whose job it is to deal with the day to day aspects of media relations. This means organising press conferences, writing press releases and just generally offering up the current party line to whoever is asking. The fact that outside pressures didn't see him deviate from his loyalty to whoever was telling him what do (as then as is now - Ridsdale), will be seen as a positive rather than a negative.

Whether Peter Ridsdale has seen that the last regime was criticised for not communicating with fans enough and has decided to promote one of them to an unofficial communications outlet on that basis I don't know. Or it might genuinely be a 'gift' as a reward for his undoubted efforts with the CP group. What I do think is that Brent has got an experienced and capable communcations officer for nothing.

It is feasible that PASOTI becomes a de facto version of 'Argyle Insider', which would call into question its independence from the club as voted for by its members. THis would and has already led to increased traffic on this site from posters such as myself who are far from anti PASOTI and as I've said before I've met Ian on a few occasions and do have a lot of time for the guy , but who perhaps want to look at both sides of an argument without being dismissed as 'ungrateful' and 'negative'. We are still bottom, we've failed to beat a non league side in the FA cup.

I could be wrong but its hard to trust anyone involved in this club in an official capacity just yet. Until the dust settles, we simply won't know and as always it'll be what happens on the pitch that dictates most things.

The bigger picture sometimes gets either accidentally or deliberately lost, does it not Peter ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress   President's Progress EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 2:24 pm

Personally, if I never heard from Chris Webb and his 'look at me I'm doing it!' attitude it would be too soon.

Sickening to read day in day out over 'there' about how he was doing this and doing that and being idolised by all and sundry when in reality he couldn't answer what he was actually doing except having endless meetings.

Never did I get a satisfactory reply to the question 'What is the purpose of the Trust after we are out of admin?' That is because I don't think he knew and was riding the wave of self publicity.

If he's flounced off from here, just as I turn up, that's fine by me.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress   President's Progress EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 2:50 pm

Arch Stanton wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Why? Because he communicated the views of his current boss, just as he did with the previous ones? That's what the role of any communications person is: to put their own views aside and present those of the company (or whoever they work for).

Edit - as others have already pointed out Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress   President's Progress EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 2:57 pm

Peggy wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Why? Because he communicated the views of his current boss, just as he did with the previous ones? That's what the role of any communications person is: to put their own views aside and present those of the company (or whoever they work for).

He also has editorial control of what is released does he not?

The President according to a thread on PASOTI has also landed a gig with Radio Devon as a summariser for some future games a role Mr Cowdrey also performed. I may well be looking to deep into this, however the fact remains certain high ranking members of the CP were not impressed with Cowdreys coverage of developments during the admin process.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress   President's Progress EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 3:00 pm

Re the content of Chris Webb's report, I'm a bit concerned about this bit:

Quote :

Trust

Supporters Engagement

James Brent remains extremely committed to continued engagement with all Argyle supporters. An open supporters meeting is being arranged (possibly prior to the Northampton game) at which James Brent will present the Clubs proposals on future engagement and allow the chance for fans to influence / amend that. More details to follow on this as and when confirmed.

The Supporters' Trust should be the primary means of engagement with Argyle fans - and that in itself would ensure the Trust picked up mass support, which would ensure it was a democratic, representative organisation. As I read it, we're heading for the kind of situation where an employer recognises a trade union, but also sets up a staff council, and then tries to ignore whichever one doesn't say the right things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress   President's Progress EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 3:07 pm

Arch Stanton wrote:
Peggy wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

He also has editorial control of what is released does he not?

The President according to a thread on PASOTI has also landed a gig with Radio Devon as a summariser for some future games a role Mr Cowdrey also performed. I may well be looking to deep into this, however the fact remains certain high ranking members of the CP were not impressed with Cowdreys coverage of developments during the admin process.

Certain members of the CP have had it in for Rick Cowdery for a lot longer than that, Arch. That doesn't mean he wasn't / isn't doing his job properly.

Yes, he has editorial control over what goes out, but that doesn't mean he can ignore instructions. I seem to remember a whole edition of the programme having to be reprinted once because of an advert!

Knowing Rick fairly well, I can tell you that he's very professional and keeps his personal views well out of things. That might not go down too well in certain quarters, but he works for the club, not them. I'd also guess that he wouldn't mind not doing the summarising - he's got far too much other stuff to do on matchdays as it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress   President's Progress Empty

Back to top Go down

President's Progress
Page 1 of 1