Richard Blight
Damon.Lenszner
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Revised HHP Plans - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 9:54 pm

Surely you'd whine and bitch from your keyboard if you weren't happy? scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 10:15 pm

Great work by the AFT and once again the AFT impresses, it seem to be growing in professionalism by the day.

It's great to see the fans uniting behind a common cause that no half decent Argyle fan would want to dis in any way, shape or form and offers James Brent an excellent route to follow that will adopt the close Club/Trust ties that he has promoted so often and with such vigor.

Well done the AFT for once again, taking the lead.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 10:17 pm

Dazzaraghi wrote:
Boys the long and short is Brent will not budge from his position as it will cost him personally... Like it or not but every pound you put down will help his children to get a wonderful education... He does not give a shit about Argyle nor the city of Plymouth. So all we will get is a shelf and an anonymous retail and leisure park. If you're happy with that then carry on bitching and whining from your keyboards. Choice is all yours.
But Dazz you've been having your say behind a keyboard on the other site, enough to piss off Newell at least. That makes you very welcome on here by the way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 10:31 pm

What if Brent says that the compromise stand could be built if the club compromised by sharing the cost of the extra capacity?
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 10:37 pm

Iggy wrote:
What if Brent says that the compromise stand could be built if the club compromised by sharing the cost of the extra capacity?

Working on that position right now Iggy. Confident it can be done. I may have been useless to the WG but reckon I can have decent input into this part of 'our' stand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 10:44 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Even if this 'taller stand' were to be adopted, will the plans not still block any future expansion ?

This mustn't be forgotten. Similarly it must not be forgotten that the retail units don't appear to be giving anything to the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 11:31 pm

knecht wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Even if this 'taller stand' were to be adopted, will the plans not still block any future expansion ?

This mustn't be forgotten. Similarly it must not be forgotten that the retail units don't appear to be giving anything to the club.

Exactly. The capacity is a huge factor in this but the means of the club becoming self-sufficient have yet to be shown in my opinion.

The retail units will basically be lost money, unless the new club shop is going to take a helluva lot more than it does at the moment and I still don't believe for one minute the conference facilities will take anything near the amount Brent's forecasting.

If the club get conned into sharing any of the cost of what should be a state of the art grandstand with enough capacity and the facilities to compete for years then more fool them.

To be saddled with even more debt for a substandard grandstand will be economic suicide.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 11:33 pm

for people to spend more in the club shop then brent is going to have to provide a decent team.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 5:57 am

GreenWhiteBlack wrote:
Why doesnt Andy post on here anymore? Great work from him on this it looks like anyway..

He claimed he cancelled his account because a known racist nutter was allowed membership on here. Said nutter behaved then disappeared.

My own view is that Andy wanted to distance himself from ATD...................... for political reasons.

I think he still posts on here as the AFT.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 6:39 am

Greenjock wrote:
knecht wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Exactly. The capacity is a huge factor in this but the means of the club becoming self-sufficient have yet to be shown in my opinion.

The retail units will basically be lost money, unless the new club shop is going to take a helluva lot more than it does at the moment and I still don't believe for one minute the conference facilities will take anything near the amount Brent's forecasting.

If the club get conned into sharing any of the cost of what should be a state of the art grandstand with enough capacity and the facilities to compete for years then more fool them.

To be saddled with even more debt for a substandard grandstand will be economic suicide.

All depends on the figures. If it means adding a couple of million to what we owe, in order to get a stand that reflects our aspirations, that's a pill I'm prepared to swallow. The thing is, this stand will be here long after most of us will be dead and gone - and it can't be extended

Passing up an opportunity to get it done right would be crazy. In years to come we'd be looking back and saying "crikey, if only we'd shelled out that little bit extra, we could have had a proper stand".

Yes, Brent ought to hang his toffy-nosed head in shame for forcing us down this route. But I reckon TINA.
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 8:42 am

Dane. wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:
We have hired a falconer in the past.

Waste of money Damon. That will solve the issue while the falcon is there. But then the seagulls return.

They need to install a prevention system.

"Say a 'thirty' with about a thousand rounds".
"Parker! Job opportunity".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 9:22 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
knecht wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

All depends on the figures. If it means adding a couple of million to what we owe, in order to get a stand that reflects our aspirations, that's a pill I'm prepared to swallow. The thing is, this stand will be here long after most of us will be dead and gone - and it can't be extended

Passing up an opportunity to get it done right would be crazy. In years to come we'd be looking back and saying "crikey, if only we'd shelled out that little bit extra, we could have had a proper stand".

Yes, Brent ought to hang his toffy-nosed head in shame for forcing us down this route. But I reckon TINA.

I agree. If the club landed a further £2 million of debt but had a 20,000 capacity stadium now with the capability to add to this, which I don't believe is possible feasibly, then it wouldn't be too bad, but I don't see any chance whatsoever of extending the horseshoe easily so that would be it.

Like I said though I also don't believe the conference part of the grandstand will rake in much cash and the only retail outlet to go to the club is going to be the club shop, unless I'm missing something scratch

There is absolutely nothing about the plans that really excite me or make me think that the club will be going forwards anytime soon and if the club isn't making money then the debt just keeps growing and growing with no real chance of promotion to arrest the slide. I would be really interested to hear how the club is going to achieve self-sufficiency with a social club function room and a serving hatch with Jester hats for sale, probably manned by volunteers jocolor

The income projections are missing which worries me greatly. It just appears to be figures plucked from the air that sound good.

Can you imagine the conference facilities taking millions of pounds per year?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 9:26 am

It won't happen. De-Lar will convince Brent we don't need a bigger stand, Newell will back him up and offer en extention to his Pasoti 'site manager' role for his continuing silence over the greenman debacle.

If only the Pasoti mafioso were lotto numbers eh? I'd be a multi millionaire 10 times over, they're so fecking predictable. pig
Back to top Go down
Dazzaraghi

Dazzaraghi

PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 12:25 pm

Gents, I fear the battle is being fought in the wrong place... there is no way JB and the rest of the Ant Hill Mob are going to change / amend / back-down... Argyle is nothing but a necessary evil to them and actually getting relegated on Saturday was probably a much more preferable state of affairs... ultimately I believe they want us to wither and die.

The real fight is with PCC... their complicity in all of this alongside the Pravda-style missives of the Herald makes me sick to my stomach and it is about time we got on the front foot.

What we must do is take our argument to the national press. So to achieve that we need impact, visibility and plenty of noise.

I suggest that next season we choose a home match and actively encourage all true supporters to boycott it... just the one match... and set-up outside the front doors of PCC and pump the BBC Devon commentary... make it a real carnival day... food & drink, stuff for the kiddies to do, face-painting, etc etc. Get the national press and TV tipped-off in advance... plenty of banners, get a petition going etc. Maybe get some of the old players to attend as well.

Let's try and see the Herald ignore that!

We also need to create a sense of identity that demonstrates loyalty to Argyle but not the owner... I suggest black and green bar scarves based on the first-ever kit... well if we should all F*** off and support Man United we might as well take a leaf out of their green & yellow protests... and why not deprive JB of some merch money whilst we're at it.

The AFT seem to be the logical orchestrators of this type of 'insurrection'... so come on AFT, let's see some return for that tenner.

Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 1:02 pm

Dazza - love the enthusiasm but:

1. We can't wait til next season
2. You won't get supporters boycotting a game - protest march on way to a game maybe.
3.If you don't think the AFT have earned your tenner then you are on your own.
4. Brent is the man who has to be turned - and the AFT and the WG are working on that (wish I could say the PASB were too!!!)

You can be the militant wing tho!!!

And by the way the Glazers are still in charge at the Club we should all f*ck off and support.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 2:43 pm

The national press aren't interested. We are a forth division team in a backwater of the UK and James "philanthropist" Brent stepped in at the 11th hour to save us. That's the story as far as they are concerned
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 2:58 pm

At least we few can say in the future when the penny drops for the brent luvvies that we did something in the war.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 4:16 pm

can the WG inform James Brent that a sports bar (in the mode of walkabout but more upmarket) would be a major money spinner. Not just for punters wanting a pub and somewhere to watch sporting events at but can also home the GT's fanfests on saturdays.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revised HHP Plans   Revised HHP Plans - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Revised HHP Plans
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2