Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 More plans for Millbay

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Tgwu

Posts : 12795
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

More plans for Millbay Empty
PostSubject: More plans for Millbay   More plans for Millbay EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 9:58 pm

Masterplan vision for Millbay set to be approved


PROPOSALS to turn Millbay into a bustling seafront neighbourhood are set to go-ahead after planners recommended plans for 600 new homes, a hotel and a public square should get the green light.

The £100million regeneration plans, submitted by lead developer English Cities Fund, would see homes, a boardwalk, a public square and shops built along the marina and the creation of the much anticipated boulevard linking the development to the city centre.

If approved at next week’s planning committee, it would be the final jigsaw in the Millbay masterplan which was put together in 2008.

It will include creating a leisure and retail hub at Clyde Quay, which jets into the basin, with shops, a public square, events space and berths for a water-taxi.

A 600-space multi-storey car park will also be built.u


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Posts : 5950
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

More plans for Millbay Empty
PostSubject: Re: More plans for Millbay   More plans for Millbay EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 10:08 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Masterplan vision for Millbay set to be approved


PROPOSALS to turn Millbay into a bustling seafront neighbourhood are set to go-ahead after planners recommended plans for 600 new homes, a hotel and a public square should get the green light.

The £100million regeneration plans, submitted by lead developer English Cities Fund, would see homes, a boardwalk, a public square and shops built along the marina and the creation of the much anticipated boulevard linking the development to the city centre.

If approved at next week’s planning committee, it would be the final jigsaw in the Millbay masterplan which was put together in 2008.

It will include creating a leisure and retail hub at Clyde Quay, which jets into the basin, with shops, a public square, events space and berths for a water-taxi.

A 600-space multi-storey car park will also be built.u


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Will plymouths most prominent non developer, be involved in any non developing on this project?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



More plans for Millbay Empty
PostSubject: Re: More plans for Millbay   More plans for Millbay EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 12:17 pm

I thought Brent had an obligation to build the boulevard? Has he fecked up the Pavillions deal yet?
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 14538
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 36

More plans for Millbay Empty
PostSubject: Re: More plans for Millbay   More plans for Millbay EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 12:25 pm

Iggy wrote:
I thought Brent had an obligation to build the boulevard? Has he fecked up the Pavillions deal yet?

Only a matter of time if is other deals are crumbling that is surely going to aswell.
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

Frank Bullitt

Posts : 6364
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Right in front of you....

More plans for Millbay Empty
PostSubject: Re: More plans for Millbay   More plans for Millbay EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 1:14 pm

It would make sense for PCC to give the old Herald building to Brent. Rather then worry about getting it listed (or demolished), in Brent's hands you can guarantee that it will be there in 50 years time.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Tgwu

Posts : 12795
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

More plans for Millbay Empty
PostSubject: Re: More plans for Millbay   More plans for Millbay EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 1:29 pm

Angry wrote:
Iggy wrote:
I thought Brent had an obligation to build the boulevard? Has he fecked up the Pavillions deal yet?

Only a matter of time if is other deals are crumbling that is surely going to aswell.

He has try to wriggle out of that by saying he wanted a road run down the side of the Pavillion
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

Posts : 1295
Join date : 2013-04-06

More plans for Millbay Empty
PostSubject: Re: More plans for Millbay   More plans for Millbay EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 1:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quite where the road around to the Hoes and Barbican has gone is anyone's guess.

Why anyone would want to stop in a hotel or buy an apartment overlooking Union Rooms, Toys RUs  and Two Twigs is another mystery only the "non property developer" can answer.


Still, got to build an Ice Rink elsewhere before he can start this.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



More plans for Millbay Empty
PostSubject: Re: More plans for Millbay   More plans for Millbay EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 3:40 pm

Who will he blame when this doesn't start either?
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 14538
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 36

More plans for Millbay Empty
PostSubject: Re: More plans for Millbay   More plans for Millbay EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 8:32 pm

Iggy wrote:
Who will he blame when this doesn't start either?

Frank Bullit




lol
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin
seadog

Posts : 12155
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 62
Location : @ sea or @home

More plans for Millbay Empty
PostSubject: Re: More plans for Millbay   More plans for Millbay EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 8:48 pm

As long as they don't object to the odd tanker popping in.

_______________________________________
Leftist, woke, lol.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



More plans for Millbay Empty
PostSubject: Re: More plans for Millbay   More plans for Millbay EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 12:55 am

someones sea view is blighted,
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle



Posts : 2622
Join date : 2014-02-15

More plans for Millbay Empty
PostSubject: Re: More plans for Millbay   More plans for Millbay EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 6:36 am

They'll no longer be able to see the Hanging Gardens of Babylon or herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically over Stonehouse for sure. As for the people of Peverell it is sadly another blot on their idyllic riviera lifestyle.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin
seadog

Posts : 12155
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 62
Location : @ sea or @home

More plans for Millbay Empty
PostSubject: Re: More plans for Millbay   More plans for Millbay EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 11:54 pm

Dick, do I sense a hint of piss taking there?

_______________________________________
Leftist, woke, lol.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle



Posts : 2622
Join date : 2014-02-15

More plans for Millbay Empty
PostSubject: Re: More plans for Millbay   More plans for Millbay EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 6:51 am

Forshore Mr Dog Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 9335
Join date : 2011-10-23

More plans for Millbay Empty
PostSubject: Re: More plans for Millbay   More plans for Millbay EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 8:10 am

It makes me laugh how consequent developments have fooked over the preceding ones in that area. The original Cargo development was heralded as "waterside living" with "stunning sea views" etc.

Then Cargo2 completely blocked out any sea views of a lot of the first apts.

Now it seems Cargo2's proper sea view, out past the basin, will be blocked by the new Dubai-style apartments.

Buyer beware!
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

Posts : 1295
Join date : 2013-04-06

More plans for Millbay Empty
PostSubject: Re: More plans for Millbay   More plans for Millbay EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 8:48 am

Czarcasm wrote:
It makes me laugh how consequent developments have fooked over the preceding ones in that area. The original Cargo development was heralded as "waterside living" with "stunning sea views" etc.

Then Cargo2 completely blocked out any sea views of a lot of the first apts.

Now it seems Cargo2's proper Ocean view, out past the basin, will be blocked by the new Dubai-style apartments.

Buyer beware!

Corrected for you.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



More plans for Millbay Empty
PostSubject: Re: More plans for Millbay   More plans for Millbay EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 1:48 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
It makes me laugh how consequent developments have fooked over the preceding ones in that area. The original Cargo development was heralded as "waterside living" with "stunning sea views" etc.

Then Cargo2 completely blocked out any sea views of a lot of the first apts.

Now it seems Cargo2's proper sea view, out past the basin, will be blocked by the new Dubai-style apartments.

Buyer beware!

Me and the missus know some one who bought an apartment in the first lot, right snobby cow was giving it the big one about how she loves waking up to the sea view, how we laugh now. Razz
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

Posts : 1295
Join date : 2013-04-06

More plans for Millbay Empty
PostSubject: Re: More plans for Millbay   More plans for Millbay EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 9:59 am

Sneaky Developers of "Dubai style" apartments actually starting a project by using spars to get around the global breeze block shortage.

## erald link ##
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 14538
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 36

More plans for Millbay Empty
PostSubject: Re: More plans for Millbay   More plans for Millbay EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 5:01 pm

green_genie wrote:
Sneaky Developers of "Dubai style" apartments actually starting a project by using spars to get around the global breeze block shortage.

## erald link ##

rip off merchants are spar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




More plans for Millbay Empty
PostSubject: Re: More plans for Millbay   More plans for Millbay Empty

Back to top Go down
 
More plans for Millbay
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: