happyvictor
Peggy
Czarcasm
Mock Cuncher
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

White feather - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 9:05 pm

hairy j wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
hairy j wrote:
I know he's an "arsehole" but I genuinely believe he did it out of rank stupidity rather than real malice.

Either your character judgement is staggeringly bad, or you're actually trolling. Either way, it doesn't reflect well on you.

Neither- not the latter especially. I'd hope he was being incredibly stupid rather than malicious. Is that better?

The thing is Hairy, Newell has years and years of thuggish history both online and in the REAL world. It's just impossible to keep on making excuses for him and giving him the benefit of the doubt.

He's a pathological liar who always plays the victim when his abuse, bullying and basic yobbishness get exposed and challenged.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 9:07 pm

hairy j wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
hairy j wrote:
I know he's an "arsehole" but I genuinely believe he did it out of rank stupidity rather than real malice.

Either your character judgement is staggeringly bad, or you're actually trolling. Either way, it doesn't reflect well on you.

Neither- not the latter especially. I'd hope he was being incredibly stupid rather than malicious. Is that better?

Better, in the sense that it confirms your inability to spot blatant nastiness? Yes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 9:11 pm

I'll stick up for Hairy by saying that he's not suffered enough yet or witnessed those that have. I had the same opinion as Hairy and that was that Newell was just a bit of a dim, attention seeking prat but time and seeing others suffer has changed my opinion just as it will Hairy's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 9:16 pm

John_Lloyd wrote:
In the last substantial conversation I endured with Ian Newell (before he declared that he would "never converse with me ever again"), during which he rolled out his usual "victim/it's all lies" routine, I questioned him specifically on this incident, as I'd been in touch with Phil on a number of occasions and knew all about it.

I asked him if he could understand why all his good work in fundraising and organising was continually overshadowed by senseless and ugly acts like this one. He did show some contrition and acceptance he'd overstepped the mark.

There was some reference to a family member who had the same illness, possibly from shared exposure at the Dockyard.

His reasons for sending that image? I cannot fathom them.

He seemed to think that Phil's reference to Chris Webb's son in a post was some sort of justification for such a response.

I strongly disagreed with him on that, and on many other issues.

As a result, he clearly regards me as "not one of us".

Well, that's fine by me.

And this man has all the stroke at home park! its quite alarming!!

If your regarded as "not one of us" John i would take that as a compliment not a dishonor your very respected in the argyle community i still have voices part one on my shelf I didn't get voices part 2 due to pasoti admin being mean and deleting my entry due to a spelling mistake in the title but never the less i read your posts with interest when i was on there.

Your comment about the fundraising is one that is very true he does alot of fundraising for the club yet he is more known for his demenaour towards argyle fans because of his underlined desire to be known as a "superfan"

Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 9:20 pm

Gert Loinz wrote:
hairy j wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
hairy j wrote:

The thing is Hairy, Newell has years and years of thuggish history both online and in the REAL world. It's just impossible to keep on making excuses for him and giving him the benefit of the doubt.

He's a pathological liar who always plays the victim when his abuse, bullying and basic yobbishness get exposed and challenged.

Plus, if he hadn't have known about Phil's illness (which he did), he had the option of apologising when it was pointed out to him. But instead he said he 'needed to be told'.

Two things about living life as a REAL human being - and when I say 'you' I mean all of us, me included. First, if you think you're going to have to cover up something you've done, it might be better not to do it in the first place. And second, if you do cock up - which we all do - then at least act like a grown up, say sorry and resolve to do better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 9:21 pm

He implied I'd stolen from work on pasoti - the comment was removed and I was banned soon after. That's about as far as the 'experience' has gone for me.

It's difficult to imagine someone would genuinely act this way and use their real name. I can almost understand an anonymous person being an utter prick online but I just find it hard to contemplate thatsomeone would go this far and use their own name and be so visible. Maybe I just want to believe he's not that bad as the alternative is just depressing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 9:37 pm

It does kinda destroy any faith in humanity but it's soon made up when you see genuine remorse at the loss of a fellow user as we see on ATD and I would say also on pasoti.

I'm going to leave this thread now, today isn't a day for politics, it's a sad day when ATD has had its first loss of a user.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 9:39 pm

John_Lloyd wrote:
In the last substantial conversation I endured with Ian Newell (before he declared that he would "never converse with me ever again"), during which he rolled out his usual "victim/it's all lies" routine, I questioned him specifically on this incident, as I'd been in touch with Phil on a number of occasions and knew all about it.

I asked him if he could understand why all his good work in fundraising and organising was continually overshadowed by senseless and ugly acts like this one. He did show some contrition and acceptance he'd overstepped the mark.

There was some reference to a family member who had the same illness, possibly from shared exposure at the Dockyard.

His reasons for sending that image? I cannot fathom them.

He seemed to think that Phil's reference to Chris Webb's son in a post was some sort of justification for such a response.

I strongly disagreed with him on that, and on many other issues.

As a result, he clearly regards me as "not one of us".

Well, that's fine by me.

He showed absolutely no contrition when I confronted him about it. He knew he had fecked up big-time sending the white feather though because Phil simply told the truth about what happened and it painted Newell in a bad light that he couldn't delete/censor/ban his way out of, so he gave his son my email address so that Mike Newell could make threats of violence to me.

Such a lovely family.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 9:40 pm

GOB wrote:
It does kinda destroy any faith in humanity but it's soon made up when you see genuine remorse at the loss of a fellow user as we see on ATD and I would say also on pasoti.

I'm going to leave this thread now, today isn't a day for politics, it's a sad day when ATD has had its first loss of a user.

i agree and im backing out too.
Back to top Go down
cornysteve

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 9:42 pm

Just for reference, I'm confident that I'm an utter prick, both online and in person. I understand your perspective Hairy J, but as an outsider looking in there is no way in hell,heaven or earth that Mr. Newell comes out of this in a positive light. That he posts his condolences is, for me, an absolute insult.

I didn't know Thai Green other than as a poster on here and I don't know Ian Newell other than his internet persona. Within this frame of reference, I know who I'd rather have a pint with.

Steve
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 11:02 pm

So let me get this right, to summarise Ian Newell was taunting a man with terminal cancer ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 11:03 pm

Dane. wrote:
So let me get this right, to summarise Ian Newell was taunting a man with terminal cancer ?

pretty much in a nutshell.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 11:05 pm

Classy as usual !!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

White feather
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3