Peggy
Czarcasm
Mock Cuncher
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

White feather Empty
PostSubject: White feather   White feather EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 1:26 pm

im not going to disrespect this thread so mods feel free to remove this comment or put it elsewhere

Quote :
IJN Post subject: Re: THAI GREEN ( Phil Coleman) RIPPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:46 am

R.I.P Pilgrim.

Did you show this much respect for the man when you sent him a white feather while he was having chemo?
Back to top Go down

White feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 1:32 pm

Thanks Angry.

I have split this.

Thai's tributes should be separated from exposing Mr Newell's hypocrisy.
Back to top Go down

White feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 1:33 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
im not going to disrespect this thread so mods feel free to remove this comment or put it elsewhere

Quote :
IJN Post subject: Re: THAI GREEN ( Phil Coleman) RIPPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:46 am

R.I.P Pilgrim.

Did you show this much respect for the man when you sent him a white feather while he was having chemo?

Of course he didn't but Phil handled it brilliantly.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

White feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

Split. Not by me, but about 20 seconds before I got there.

This example of Newell's moral compass shouldn't alter or define the way people remember Thai Green.

EDIT: Cheers knecht
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

White feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 1:38 pm

knecht wrote:
Thanks Angry.

I have split this.

Thai's tributes should be separated from exposing Mr Newell's hypocrisy.

Absoultely, apologies for putting it there but after seeing what ian put it had to be asked.
Back to top Go down

White feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 1:40 pm

Agree 100% with the split.

Deserves its own separate thread.

The man is vermin. I hope he can sleep at night knowing he sent this brave man a white feather calling him a coward when he was a braver man than he'll ever be.

I doubt anybody will raise the issue on the farm as it'd only be swept under the carpet in a nano second.

Last edited by Yea Man on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

White feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 1:40 pm

just saw pig post on the farm.

find it quite disgusting. i was banned for pointing out his white feather antics.
Back to top Go down

White feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 1:53 pm

Thai green wrote:
Just wondering like......as I have a white feather ( one owner as new ) , awarded for cowardice in the face of the enemy ( death ) sent by Ian ( IJN ) to me during my chemo to try to prolong my days as an Argyle fan, perhaps I can offer it back to him for auction and hope Nikkkkk wishes to bid hundreds of pounds for this unique item. It's white, fluffy and in excellent condition. Cool

Good man Phil cheers
Back to top Go down

White feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:02 pm

any chance that anyone can post that on thefarm thread
expect it will be deleted pretty quick though.
Back to top Go down

White feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:03 pm

Thai green wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Just makes me laugh. Newell sends menacing PM's to a really decent bloke who is very ill, so I told him what a bully and coward he is, so his son sends me threatening e-mails lol!

Not the brightest family in the world geek

Thank you Jock for your support, I am sorry that my post about the white feather has caused this sequence of events that led to you receiving threatening e-mails, I was surprised to receive the large White feather pm but it has led to an apology and I have to leave it there.

But thanks for your support at that time as I was upset, now I must put it behind me and move on. Like you I tend to speak my mind rather than bite my lip, however I do know that by doing this it can lead to problems. I will get over this but I am sorry that you have received 'threats' whilst coming to my defence. I hope common sense will prevail.......well I can hope ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

White feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:05 pm

Gert Loinz wrote:
Thai green wrote:
Just wondering like......as I have a white feather ( one owner as new ) , awarded for cowardice in the face of the enemy ( death ) sent by Ian ( IJN ) to me during my chemo to try to prolong my days as an Argyle fan, perhaps I can offer it back to him for auction and hope Nikkkkk wishes to bid hundreds of pounds for this unique item. It's white, fluffy and in excellent condition. Cool

Good man Phil cheers

I'll email Newell and ask if he would auction it lol!

I was going to say I can't believe Newells had the cheek to post about Phil on Pasoti, but nothing he does surprises me anymore. When I emailed Newell to complain about him sending the white feather to Phil his response was "The man needed telling"

I don't know if millbridge mike posts on here but I hope he knows that Phil was a regular ATD poster and supporter, as well as on Pasoti, and not to believe Newells poison. He's an absolute cnut of the highest order who sent a white feather to Phil knowing he was battling cancer. It upset Phil a great deal too.

What's the bets Newell comes up with the idea of some kind of commemorative gesture sponsored by Nikkkkkkkk?

I hope he's told to shove it somewhere.
Back to top Go down

White feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:08 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Gert Loinz wrote:
Thai green wrote:

Good man Phil cheers

I was going to say I can't believe Newells had the cheek to post about Phil on Pasoti, but nothing he does surprises me anymore. When I emailed Newell to complain about him sending the white feather to Phil his response was "The man needed telling"

I don't know if millbridge mike posts on here but I hope he knows that Phil was a regular ATD poster and supporter, as well as on Pasoti, and not to believe Newells poison. He's an absolute cnut of the highest order who sent a white feather to Phil knowing he was battling cancer. It upset Phil a great deal too.

What's the bets Newell comes up with the idea of some kind of commemorative gesture sponsored by Nikkkkkkkk?

i hope not sponosoring an auction for someone who has recently died after they once upset them greatly would be a new low in my books.

Perhaps we all could donate to a charity of the families choosing instead.
Back to top Go down

White feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:11 pm

Phil's first ATD post

Thai green wrote:
Greenrod wrote:
The surmising and innuendo from those that didn't attend the AGM is way off target - I was there.

The people that attended were core supporters, very vocal and succinct in their questioning.

The Trust is awakening and will be a real influence in the future - in more ways than one.

First post so hello all, I have tried to defend the Trust on Pasoti against the usual suspects and I wanted to join you here to continue to defend the Trust against Leigh Rapson who I 'challenge' ( his word ) often over there. Also I can see good debates on here, very good comments and most seem to be in favour of The Trust as I am.

I highlighted Greenrod's comments above as I was also there at The AGM and I agree with him. This was a very rare trip to an evening meeting for me from darkest North Cornwall, thanks to a carer/ driver. I sat and absorbed the atmosphere in the lounge and can confirm there was some excellent supportive ( on the whole ) questions. It enabled me to put faces to names as I do not know any of the names we see here and on Pasoti. Well done to the Trust for going forward, slowly but surely.

I was impressed by questions from Tim ( The Doctor ) , two men, one maybe called Roger Willis, who sat next to Peggy. ( Well done with your supportive point of view Peggy, it is true what you said re the disruption caused to The Trust by the ' usual suspects ' ! ) I also now know , by face, the Trust Directors, sadly as Peggy said, no Richard Blight , I was looking forward to seeing him! Good points of view put by Graham Clark too.

As has been said before on this thread, The Trust are keeping their discussions with Mr Brent close to their chest for now, understandable, but they will put a consultation paper out to all Trust Members later re' the 20%.

A big disappointment for me was the lack of my sparring partner Leigh, who did I now know have a good reason for not being there. Lee J, also made it clear he would not be there sadly. So I had no chance to ' challenge ' the anti-Trust, a pity ! I thought it was a fair turnout for a Tuesday evening, sadly I cannot make the August 18th meeting unless it is in St Bart's Hospital London, now there is an idea....... Also, fingers crossed I would like to target a return to Thailand, my spiritual home for early November, the time of the next AGM. Now Leigh will attend those knowing I am not there to 'challenge him' lol!
Back to top Go down

White feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:23 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Gert Loinz wrote:
Thai green wrote:

Good man Phil cheers

Thai green wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
A cnut isn't offensive, it's not even a word ffs!

Hello Jock ( Pete ),

I lived on a small island in Orkney for many years, so Old Norse was all around me then, Cnut was famous as a King, of Denmark, England and Norway, hence the Old Norse connection. He died in 1035, I believe his bones are in Winchester. We ( as a Nation ) knew him as Canute, King Canute. But he was a Cnut in Norway and Denmark.

So when I see Cnut I am reminded of this amazing King, I am happy to use this name, lol!

cheers lol!
Back to top Go down

White feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:26 pm

Thai green wrote:
Delighted to see so many more ATD members are joining the Trust. Well done , Brent appears to be on the back foot and the more that join the stronger the voice. ATD is the forum that supports the work of the Trust. I'm proud to be a member of the Trust AND ATD !

You know what, Phil was a top top man
Back to top Go down

White feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:47 pm

Thai green wrote:
Thanks to so many, very touched by the comments, nurses soon cottoned onto my pen trick Jock Very Happy , now back at base, 3 points on Saturday will help.

I am 'at home' on this forum, it's perfect for me, happy, with good friends and is so informative with interesting debate. Very good intelligent posters make it a must for me !!

Very Happy

Phil. thai green.

cheers
Back to top Go down

White feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 3:05 pm

Gert Loinz wrote:
Thai green wrote:
Delighted to see so many more ATD members are joining the Trust. Well done , Brent appears to be on the back foot and the more that join the stronger the voice. ATD is the forum that supports the work of the Trust. I'm proud to be a member of the Trust AND ATD !

Yes he was, he really was!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

White feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 4:02 pm

Gert Loinz wrote:
Thai green wrote:

Good man Phil cheers

To be able to maintain a sense of humour like that in the face of gutter-level cowardice from Newell, just shows the class of the man.

He'll be sadly missed, and I hope Newell can find in within himself to feel a tinge of guilt today.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

White feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 4:05 pm

GOB wrote:
Gert Loinz wrote:
Thai green wrote:

He certainly was. If I'd known who he was, I'd have said hello and shaken his hand at that Trust AGM. I meant to do so at the November one, but sadly he posted that he was too ill to make it.
Back to top Go down

White feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 4:06 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Gert Loinz wrote:
Thai green wrote:

Good man Phil cheers

To be able to maintain a sense of humour like that in the face of gutter-level cowardice from Newell, just shows the class of the man.

He'll be sadly missed, and I hope Newell can find in within himself to feel a tinge of guilt today.

Do you know what....that man has done some really shit things to other people, there isn't the slightest chance of him feeling even a hint of remorse, but I am a very strong believer in what goes around comes around, God help him!
Back to top Go down

White feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 4:09 pm

Peggy * wrote:
GOB wrote:
Gert Loinz wrote:
Thai green wrote:

He certainly was. If I'd known who he was, I'd have said hello and shaken his hand at that Trust AGM. I meant to do so at the November one, but sadly he posted that he was too ill to make it.

I never met him Peggy but shared many a comment with him on pasoti and pm's on ATD and we didn't always agree. What struck me was his willingness to stand up for what is right and what he believed in and he done so right up to the end via ATD. I can only admire and respect someone like that.
Back to top Go down
happyvictor

White feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 6:30 pm

Did not know him, but really wish that I had.

Clearly a very special and very brave man, with principles that he stuck to. Good on you Thai Green!

It seems that nobody could 'buy' his support - he told it as it was and as he thought!

Just plain brilliant! Wish that there were more of you individual thinkers around (particularly at Home Park), but sadly not! Many there seem to seek individual prominence and glory and sod the club we love.

RIP

Last edited by happyvictor on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

White feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 6:35 pm

The greatest tribute that can be paid is that posters from across the Argyle spectrum admired and respected Thai Green as shown by the words expressed on both sites. The passing of a true green in these circumstances does put everything in perspective and as a mark of respect to the man a couple of days 'truce' would seem appropriate. After all if there was one man who would really want that it would have been Thai Green.
Back to top Go down

White feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 6:37 pm

The hypocritical ways of ian newell never ceases to amaze me. Sending a white feather to a cancer victim calling him a coward one minute then holding a auction for nikkk to win to raise money for him the next.
Back to top Go down

White feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 6:48 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
The hypocritical ways of ian newell never ceases to amaze me. Sending a white feather to a cancer victim calling him a coward one minute then holding a auction for nikkk to win to raise money for him the next.

It's hard to swallow isn't it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

White feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather Empty

Back to top Go down

White feather
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next