happyvictor
Peggy
Czarcasm
Mock Cuncher
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

White feather - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 6:52 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
The hypocritical ways of ian newell never ceases to amaze me. Sending a white feather to a cancer victim calling him a coward one minute then holding a auction for nikkk to win to raise money for him the next.

It's hard to swallow isn't it.

to be fair it's Damon's auction for the benefit of Phil's charity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 6:58 pm

I have had a look on the farm and indeed it is Damons's auction good luck with it I hope it raises a shed load of wonga Very Happy if you catch my drift
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 7:10 pm

my apologies to damon for discrediting his good gesture for thai and his charity on there.

Surely though ian could have let damon put the auction up himself though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 7:17 pm

ATD donations thread

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 7:20 pm

Just needed to get the winner to pay via the Pasoti donate button and IJN obliged. And Nikkk isn't winning the shirt, he has said he wlll put 4x the winning bid into the pot. A generous gesture indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 7:32 pm

I know I'll get hammered here but.... the sending of a white feather wasn't the best idea although, on reflection, I am sure that Ian Newell wouldn't be dispicible enough to actually mean it - I doubt Newell actually set out to cause Thai Green that much upset. I also doubt he's unpleasant enough to now feel justified in having sent it.

Poor old Thai Green though - a damn shame.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 7:37 pm

hairy j wrote:
I know I'll get hammered here but.... the sending of a white feather wasn't the best idea although, on reflection, I am sure that Ian Newell wouldn't be dispicible enough to actually mean it - I doubt Newell actually set out to cause Thai Green that much upset. I also doubt he's unpleasant enough to now feel justified in having sent it.

he knew at the time when he sent it hairy. the man is morally bankrupt it would go along way if he actually said sorry for it at the time or even now.

Last edited by Angry of Mayfair on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 7:40 pm

hairy j wrote:

You really are a mug.

Clueless.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 7:50 pm

hairy j wrote:

Yeh. Hitler was a nice guy as well
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 7:52 pm

Just got bad press.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 7:55 pm

fecking disgraceful behaviour from Nool. I recall reading on here that he knew Thai was ill due to a mutual friend or something like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 7:58 pm

Do keep up Hairy bloke the man is an arsehole he has proved it time after time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 7:58 pm

He was mis-quoted.

It's all lies.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 8:01 pm

hairy j wrote:

In the exact words of Newell when he sent the white feather to Phil - "He needed to be told"

And in the words of Thai Green - "he's a cnut"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 8:02 pm

I know he's an "arsehole" but I genuinely believe he did it out of rank stupidity rather than real malice.

Actually, talking about this at all isn't the best idea. Best to just leave it to speak for itself and make your own mind up.

R.I.P. Thai Green.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 8:05 pm

hairy j wrote:

I try hard to see the best in people and I can usually find something, but I struggle with Ian because when I do find something I nearly always find that it's disguising an ulterior selfish motive. There's not much I can think of that has been done on pasoti that I feel has not been designed to portray him, a few others and his site pasoti, in a bright light because they believe that money will earn them respect and favor, there seems to be no understanding that it's the genuine will, principle and desire to improve things for the majority that earns a reputation...well at least, a genuine reputation, and for that lack of understanding I genuinely pity him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 8:05 pm

hairy j wrote:

Ian Newell knew exactly what was meant by the white feather. I e-mailed him in disgust and this is part of his reply:

Thai Green's action was cowardly, and the bloke wants telling about bringing a kid into an argument. 'Staring him out'? Connor didn't hear what this bloke was shouting ffs!!"Staring him out" or whatever phrase he used, disgraceful thing to say.

Ian Newell is a cnut of the very highest order who meant to insult Phil with a white feather. No misquoting, misunderstanding, crossed wires, sent it by mistake, he meant to send it and so he did.

Nothing more to add.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 8:08 pm

It'd be interesting to know whether he feels any remorse or wherever he'll be issuing an apology and a hefty donation to the fund for his actions.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 8:11 pm

Think we all know the answer to that one
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 8:13 pm

Got to love ol' Tis, he so often nails it.

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Thai green wrote:
Just wondering like......as I have a white feather ( one owner as new ) , awarded for cowardice in the face of the enemy ( death ) sent by Ian ( IJN ) to me during my chemo to try to prolong my days as an Argyle fan, perhaps I can offer it back to him for auction and hope Nikkkkk wishes to bid hundreds of pounds for this unique item. It's white, fluffy and in excellent condition. Cool

See me, I love to see you Greenies hacking away at each other for even the most banal and 'tardish reasons but then occasionally the real issue leaps up and bites to remind you of what a total arsewipe El Porko really is.

This single act would tar the Porkstain as as a complete lowlife way way beyond redemption, perhaps his Big Gay buddy Webb ain't such a turd, maybe his "loan shark" wannabe fan doesn't charge quite as much in comparison to Ronnie Razors. By implication anyone that climbs on board the Porkstain Express Elevator to Brenty's Boardroom deserves the disdain of all reasonable people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 8:32 pm

GOB wrote:
hairy j wrote:

I try hard to see the best in people and I can usually find something, but I struggle with Ian because when I do find something I nearly always find that it's disguising an ulterior selfish motive. There's not much I can think of that has been done on pasoti that I feel has not been designed to portray him, a few others and his site pasoti, in a bright light because they believe that money will earn them respect and favor, there seems to be no understanding that it's the genuine will, principle and desire to improve things for the majority that earns a reputation...well at least, a genuine reputation, and for that lack of understanding I genuinely pity him.

Agree with this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 8:43 pm

If white feather gate taught us anything it showed what kind of human being ian is and how strong a person thai green was.

He showed more strength and courage fighting this evil disease in the way that he did than Ian would ever know or shown in his whole life
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 8:45 pm

hairy j wrote:
I know he's an "arsehole" but I genuinely believe he did it out of rank stupidity rather than real malice.

Either your character judgement is staggeringly bad, or you're actually trolling. Either way, it doesn't reflect well on you.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 8:55 pm

In the last substantial conversation I endured with Ian Newell (before he declared that he would "never converse with me ever again"), during which he rolled out his usual "victim/it's all lies" routine, I questioned him specifically on this incident, as I'd been in touch with Phil on a number of occasions and knew all about it.

I asked him if he could understand why all his good work in fundraising and organising was continually overshadowed by senseless and ugly acts like this one. He did show some contrition and acceptance he'd overstepped the mark.

There was some reference to a family member who had the same illness, possibly from shared exposure at the Dockyard.

His reasons for sending that image? I cannot fathom them.

He seemed to think that Phil's reference to Chris Webb's son in a post was some sort of justification for such a response.

I strongly disagreed with him on that, and on many other issues.

As a result, he clearly regards me as "not one of us".

Well, that's fine by me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 8:58 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
hairy j wrote:

Either your character judgement is staggeringly bad, or you're actually trolling. Either way, it doesn't reflect well on you.

Neither- not the latter especially. I'd hope he was being incredibly stupid rather than malicious. Is that better?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: White feather   White feather - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

White feather
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next