Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 white Bar

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Tgwu

Posts : 12636
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

white Bar Empty
PostSubject: white Bar   white Bar EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 9:40 pm

I would like to have my white bar repainted on my drop kerb, Amey wanted £180 to repaint it. It is about Six feet long, any other highway firms out there?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 6226
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

white Bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: white Bar   white Bar EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 9:44 pm

Plymouth University.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Posts : 12742
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 58
Location : Berkshire

white Bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: white Bar   white Bar EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 10:58 pm

AFT Very Happy

_______________________________________
I'm one of the common people so says the wife!
(A true GSG Girl)

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin
seadog

Posts : 12026
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 62
Location : @ sea or @home

white Bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: white Bar   white Bar EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 11:14 pm

£18.99

_______________________________________
Lol, fecking lol
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Posts : 12742
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 58
Location : Berkshire

white Bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: white Bar   white Bar EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 11:16 pm

The GT's

_______________________________________
I'm one of the common people so says the wife!
(A true GSG Girl)

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
MikeWN



Posts : 344
Join date : 2015-07-21

white Bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: white Bar   white Bar EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 8:21 am

I think that any contractor with a streetworks accreditation could do it. We normally employ them through main contractors, but I'll ask around if you like?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Tgwu

Posts : 12636
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

white Bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: white Bar   white Bar EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 8:45 am

MikeWN wrote:
I think that any contractor with a streetworks accreditation could do it. We normally employ them through main contractors, but I'll ask around if you like?

That what I been told, because I have an existing one there no need to ask the council permission and it off main RD and in cul de sac. I would like a name please.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury



Posts : 848
Join date : 2013-08-23

white Bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: white Bar   white Bar EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 5:33 pm

On a related subject, anyone know how I would go about getting the kerb lowered outside my house for off road parking & the sort of cost I should be looking at please ?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 9289
Join date : 2011-10-23

white Bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: white Bar   white Bar EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 5:40 pm

FY 310 wrote:
On a related subject, anyone know how I would go about getting the kerb lowered outside my house for off road parking & the sort of cost I should be looking at please ?  

If you want to do it legally you have to go through the Council who get one of their sub-contractors to do the work. It ain't cheap. Four figures.

Other than that, bypassing the official route, it's a days work for two blokes plus materials - hardcore, tarmac, couple of edging kerbs. £4-500 notes.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 6226
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

white Bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: white Bar   white Bar EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 5:47 pm

"White bars", "kerbs lowered for off road parking..."

What are you even talking about?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Posts : 6452
Join date : 2014-03-30

white Bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: white Bar   white Bar EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 5:58 pm

Rickler wrote:
"White bars", "kerbs lowered for off road parking..."

What are you even talking about?


They're code words for crack and smack, this thread should only be viewed by those who want some 'stuff' man. They're all at it on here, especially 'Big T' who needs it to keep him up Shocked while searching for highlights and forthcoming match thread info.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury



Posts : 848
Join date : 2013-08-23

white Bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: white Bar   white Bar EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 7:36 am

Thanks Czar. Reluctant to pay the council way over the odds tbh so I'll ask around.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 9289
Join date : 2011-10-23

white Bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: white Bar   white Bar EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 10:54 am

FY 310 wrote:
Thanks Czar. Reluctant to pay the council way over the odds tbh so I'll ask around.

My next door neighbour did it the official way. They extended their garage from a single to a double and got their drop kerb extended. I think it was May Gurney who did the work. The price will depend on the width of pavement and/or if there are any drains that need re-aligning.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury



Posts : 848
Join date : 2013-08-23

white Bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: white Bar   white Bar EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 9:03 pm

Thankfully no drains to complicate matters. I want to do away with the front garden so I can get both car & van off the road. Probably around 3m of kerb to be dropped.
Back to top Go down
MikeWN



Posts : 344
Join date : 2015-07-21

white Bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: white Bar   white Bar EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 10:35 am

Czarcasm wrote:
FY 310 wrote:
On a related subject, anyone know how I would go about getting the kerb lowered outside my house for off road parking & the sort of cost I should be looking at please ?  

If you want to do it legally you have to go through the Council who get one of their sub-contractors to do the work. It ain't cheap. Four figures.

Other than that, bypassing the official route, it's a days work for two blokes plus materials - hardcore, tarmac, couple of edging kerbs. £4-500 notes.

Not quite. You don't have to accept their quote, any streetworks accredited contractor can do it. You will almost certainly have to dig up and reinstate the section of pavement you'll be driving across to take the additional vehicle loads though. If you're doing it officially, I mean - otherwise you can wing it and hope the pavement doesn't crack.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 9289
Join date : 2011-10-23

white Bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: white Bar   white Bar EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 11:24 am

MikeWN wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
FY 310 wrote:
On a related subject, anyone know how I would go about getting the kerb lowered outside my house for off road parking & the sort of cost I should be looking at please ?  

If you want to do it legally you have to go through the Council who get one of their sub-contractors to do the work. It ain't cheap. Four figures.

Other than that, bypassing the official route, it's a days work for two blokes plus materials - hardcore, tarmac, couple of edging kerbs. £4-500 notes.

Not quite. You don't have to accept their quote, any streetworks accredited contractor can do it. You will almost certainly have to dig up and reinstate the section of pavement you'll be driving across to take the additional vehicle loads though. If you're doing it officially, I mean - otherwise you can wing it and hope the pavement doesn't crack.

Another consideration too if you are thinking of by-passing the Council. Don't publicise the fact to your neighbours etc. If you have a fallout some time in the future they could stitch you up with a strategic phone call to the planning office.
Back to top Go down
MikeWN



Posts : 344
Join date : 2015-07-21

white Bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: white Bar   white Bar EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 12:58 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
MikeWN wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
FY 310 wrote:
On a related subject, anyone know how I would go about getting the kerb lowered outside my house for off road parking & the sort of cost I should be looking at please ?  

If you want to do it legally you have to go through the Council who get one of their sub-contractors to do the work. It ain't cheap. Four figures.

Other than that, bypassing the official route, it's a days work for two blokes plus materials - hardcore, tarmac, couple of edging kerbs. £4-500 notes.

Not quite. You don't have to accept their quote, any streetworks accredited contractor can do it. You will almost certainly have to dig up and reinstate the section of pavement you'll be driving across to take the additional vehicle loads though. If you're doing it officially, I mean - otherwise you can wing it and hope the pavement doesn't crack.

Another consideration too if you are thinking of by-passing the Council. Don't publicise the fact to your neighbours etc. If you have a fallout some time in the future they could stitch you up with a strategic phone call to the planning office.

Exactly. But if the asphalt does lift, you could get stitched up anyway by an entirely well-meaning 'something must be done about this!' sort.

The likes of May Gurney and Amey will be about the most expensive, from my experience. No great reflection on them as companies, they're just set up to do bigger jobs, and have bigger overheads. Asking around, KPT and Staddon Groundworks in Plymouth, and RPM in Bere Alston might all be worth a call.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Tgwu

Posts : 12636
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

white Bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: white Bar   white Bar EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 1:08 pm

Thanks for that, it just a re paint that needed, Council put the drop kerb in for me and the line about 5 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Posts : 6452
Join date : 2014-03-30

white Bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: white Bar   white Bar EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 1:10 pm

Shorely anybody can paint it T?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin
seadog

Posts : 12026
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 62
Location : @ sea or @home

white Bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: white Bar   white Bar EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 1:31 pm

Geddon, just buy some paint, see link, and do it.

_______________________________________
Lol, fecking lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




white Bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: white Bar   white Bar Empty

Back to top Go down
 
white Bar
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: