Dougie
Chemical Ali
Mock Cuncher
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

RIP THAI GREEN - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP THAI GREEN   RIP THAI GREEN - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 3:10 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Perhaps to honor thai green (excluding argyle winning on saturday) is that we could donate a few quid to a charity of the families choosing when its known or if not to cancer research uk?

Or an asbestos charity? I'm assuming Gert knows the family so could ask on our behalf?

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RIP THAI GREEN   RIP THAI GREEN - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 3:16 pm

RIP Phil, the Macmillan Nurses are always worth a few bob.

A fine poster and fan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP THAI GREEN   RIP THAI GREEN - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 3:20 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Perhaps to honor thai green (excluding argyle winning on saturday) is that we could donate a few quid to a charity of the families choosing when its known or if not to cancer research uk?

Or an asbestos charity? I'm assuming Gert knows the family so could ask on our behalf?

that's why i say the families choice as we could all name different cancer charities that are worthy of donations 3 already mentioned by me, you and seadog.

Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: RIP THAI GREEN   RIP THAI GREEN - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 3:25 pm

Is it just me or did anyone else think, it's a shame he couldn't see out the season ?

A tragedy of course for his wife and family, yet with the advent of this internet nonsense one find's oneself feeling for people one has never met but whose character one could judge from their input to silly forums such as these. Football isn't a matter of life and death and it certainly isn't more important as these sporadic losses show us, but it does present us with a certain commonality if not of purpose then of interest

I saw him with some empathy as a chap of a similar age and general outlook save that I have to date been fortunate to avoid all but a few sporting breaks, malignant mesothelioma is a terrible disease and the fact that he continued posting and maintained outwardly a positive approach did him great credit.

I should like to extend my condolences to his wife, family and any on here that knew him as a friend or acquaintance.

RIP Thai Green.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: RIP THAI GREEN   RIP THAI GREEN - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 4:05 pm

RIP Phil.

One of the good guys.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: RIP THAI GREEN   RIP THAI GREEN - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 4:34 pm

RIP Pilgrim. You're right m8 it's a shame he couldn't hang on to hear the result on Saturday.

Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

PostSubject: Re: RIP THAI GREEN   RIP THAI GREEN - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 4:36 pm

Terrible news. RIP fellow Pilgrim
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: RIP THAI GREEN   RIP THAI GREEN - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 4:38 pm

Awful news. RIP to a very honourable man
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP THAI GREEN   RIP THAI GREEN - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 4:40 pm

Hopefully Argyle thump Rochdale and stay up for Phil.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP THAI GREEN   RIP THAI GREEN - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 4:50 pm

I remember "Do it for Noddy" at Burnley in 97-98.

That didn't work.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: RIP THAI GREEN   RIP THAI GREEN - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 5:01 pm

RIP Phil.

You will be sorely missed on the 'ATD night shift'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP THAI GREEN   RIP THAI GREEN - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 5:04 pm

pasoti chat room guys im told are proposing a minutes applause with smiles in respect for phil. I would like to do something similar on ours.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: RIP THAI GREEN   RIP THAI GREEN - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 5:12 pm

sad news rip
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: RIP THAI GREEN   RIP THAI GREEN - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 5:28 pm

Very, very sad news.

Rest in peace Phil, you will be very much missed by all.

My thoughts go out to Phil's family and close friends.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP THAI GREEN   RIP THAI GREEN - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 5:29 pm

I have just read the news and like many others I never met the man but I wish I had.

So God bless you Phil and rest in peace
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP THAI GREEN   RIP THAI GREEN - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 5:43 pm

RIP phil, top poster nice guy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP THAI GREEN   RIP THAI GREEN - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 6:10 pm

sad news rip
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP THAI GREEN   RIP THAI GREEN - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 6:26 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:

Damon has very generously donated a very very nice shirt up for auction on Pasoti. Nikkk has offered to very generously quadruple the winning bid - all to a charity that Phil/Thai would wholly approve of.

I don't have a Pasoti account but if we, as ATD, club together we can make a significant contribution to a cause that's good.

I'll put in £250, others just what they are comfortable with, the total will be an ATD bid for the shirt, which Nikkk will quadruple for Phil's charity - South West Mesothelioma Support Group.

All we need is someone on ATD to make the bids for us on Pasoti and perhaps someone to keep a running total and collect the money and hand it over to the Charity. I never met Phil but chatted with him often and I don't know the family but I absolutely know Phil would be chuffed to bits with this gesture. Over to you Mods. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP THAI GREEN   RIP THAI GREEN - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 6:29 pm

I've started a thread saying that there is the paypal account for this account still up and running.

If we all donate what we can to the ATD paypal account then once we've collated all we can one of our mods could post over there our bid.

I think Mouldy still has a Pasoti account.

All we would need to do then is pay the money from our paypal account to Damon/Pasoti whoever was collecting it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP THAI GREEN   RIP THAI GREEN - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 6:32 pm

Yea Man wrote:
I've started a thread saying that there is the paypal account for this account still up and running.

If we all donate what we can to the ATD paypal account then once we've collated all we can one of our mods could post over there our bid.

All we would need to do then is pay the money from our paypal account to Damon/Pasoti whoever was collecting it.

I think Damon would be a good man to coordinate this and collect all the money, including Nikkk's x 4, and hand it over to the charity. I will send cash or a cheque rather than paypal. Damon are you up for it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP THAI GREEN   RIP THAI GREEN - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 6:35 pm

We know that the pasoti mods and owners read this and they have contact with the ATD mods so perhaps when they read this they will offer to recognise this effort for a good cause.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP THAI GREEN   RIP THAI GREEN - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 6:35 pm

Gert Loinz wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

I think Damon would be a good man to coordinate this and collect all the money, including Nikkk's x 4, and hand it over to the charity. I will send cash or a cheque rather than paypal. Damon are you up for it?

That's a good idea if Damon doesn't mind. Can this be done without the handing over of personal information somehow?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: RIP THAI GREEN   RIP THAI GREEN - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 6:41 pm

Really enjoyed reading Thai's posts,not just on all things Argyle but on local cricket and railway nostalgia as well.We seemed to share some of the same interests and outlook and he will be a great loss to this site and life in general.

RIP Thai.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP THAI GREEN   RIP THAI GREEN - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 6:42 pm

could we not just chip in a few quid each and donate that to the chairtiy without all this pasoti stuff tainting it?

i wouldn't trust them with a mars bar let alone any personal details or money
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP THAI GREEN   RIP THAI GREEN - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 6:45 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
could we not just chip in a few quid each and donate that to the chairtiy without all this pasoti stuff tainting it?

i wouldn't trust them with a mars bar let alone any personal details or money

This
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIP THAI GREEN   RIP THAI GREEN - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

RIP THAI GREEN
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next