Thai Green collection. UPDATED

Go down 
+2
Richard Blight
Chemical Ali
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Thai Green collection. UPDATED Empty
PostSubject: Thai Green collection. UPDATED   Thai Green collection. UPDATED EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 4:25 pm

The ATD paypal account is active and can accept donations.

You can use the Donate button in the thought of the day box.

Once all donations have been collated we'll decide what we wish to do with the money.

Last edited by Yea Man on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thai Green collection. UPDATED   Thai Green collection. UPDATED EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 4:42 pm

great news Smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thai Green collection. UPDATED   Thai Green collection. UPDATED EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 7:09 pm

Bump as I edited the original post rather than set a new one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thai Green collection. UPDATED   Thai Green collection. UPDATED EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 7:29 pm

stixky
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Thai Green collection. UPDATED   Thai Green collection. UPDATED EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 7:33 pm

Yea Man wrote:
The ATD paypal account is active and can accept donations.

You can either use the Donate button in the thought of the day box or by using the ATD email address [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Once all donations have been collated we'll decide what we wish to do with the money.

I don't think anyone is able to donate to the email account (just paypal).
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Thai Green collection. UPDATED   Thai Green collection. UPDATED EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 11:37 pm

Donation all done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thai Green collection. UPDATED   Thai Green collection. UPDATED EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 11:40 pm

Good work Yea Man. Donation made.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Thai Green collection. UPDATED   Thai Green collection. UPDATED EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 12:31 am

All done.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thai Green collection. UPDATED   Thai Green collection. UPDATED EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 12:43 am

how long are you running the donations for guys? i wish to donate but i have to wait till next week when i get paid and the money i have left atm has to go on the bills as heartless as that sounds Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thai Green collection. UPDATED   Thai Green collection. UPDATED EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 4:56 am

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
how long are you running the donations for guys? i wish to donate but i have to wait till next week when i get paid and the money i have left atm has to go on the bills as heartless as that sounds Sad

Hadn't really thought of a time limit, I'd say a week or two to give everyone enough time?

It can always be extended as we haven't set a plan for what we want to do with the money yet.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Thai Green collection. UPDATED   Thai Green collection. UPDATED EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 1:35 pm

here some dosh from Tenerife
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Thai Green collection. UPDATED   Thai Green collection. UPDATED EmptyThu May 02, 2013 6:47 pm

Fellow ATD-ers

We have raised almost £1200 in memory of Phil Coleman (Thai Green) for the South West Mesothelioma Support Group, which included one very generous donation. Does anybody still wish to donate (I know some were waiting for pay day)? We will keep the donation open until Monday night, unless anybody requests it to be extended.

Thanks

CA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thai Green collection. UPDATED   Thai Green collection. UPDATED EmptyFri May 03, 2013 2:31 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Fellow ATD-ers

We have raised almost £1200 in memory of Phil Coleman (Thai Green) for the South West Mesothelioma Support Group, which included one very generous donation. Does anybody still wish to donate (I know some were waiting for pay day)? We will keep the donation open until Monday night, unless anybody requests it to be extended.

Thanks

CA

that is fantastic amount to raise. Not bad for a bunch of freaks and weirdos is it? when i get home tonight ill pop a few quid in the pot.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Thai Green collection. UPDATED   Thai Green collection. UPDATED EmptyFri May 03, 2013 2:41 pm

I posted this on the other site yesterday, but equally stands for here and apologise for not posting here yesterday:

I have spoken to Marilyn today - what a lovely, calm lady she is. She again wanted to thank everyone for their kind wishes and generosity. Talking Argyle on Pasoti and ATD were a release for Phil as he struggled with the Chemo. Marilyn is close to the Support Group at Derriford and although Ian has already transferred the money directly into their account they would like a presentation photo opportunity with one of those big cheques - written out to the SWMSG and made out from Phil Coleman's Friends. I will let everyone know when it is - it would be good if Nikkk and Goat (winner of the auction) could attend.

May I suggest that just this one time we come together and the presentation cheque shows a total from the two sites (around £2,700) and a rep or two from here comes to the presentation too?
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Thai Green collection. UPDATED   Thai Green collection. UPDATED EmptyFri May 03, 2013 2:44 pm

I reckon we could put the guns down and get the football out for one day Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thai Green collection. UPDATED   Thai Green collection. UPDATED EmptyFri May 03, 2013 2:48 pm

Just added to the amount, well done everyone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thai Green collection. UPDATED   Thai Green collection. UPDATED EmptyFri May 03, 2013 2:51 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
I posted this on the other site yesterday, but equally stands for here and apologise for not posting here yesterday:

I have spoken to Marilyn today - what a lovely, calm lady she is. She again wanted to thank everyone for their kind wishes and generosity. Talking Argyle on Pasoti and ATD were a release for Phil as he struggled with the Chemo. Marilyn is close to the Support Group at Derriford and although Ian has already transferred the money directly into their account they would like a presentation photo opportunity with one of those big cheques - written out to the SWMSG and made out from Phil Coleman's Friends. I will let everyone know when it is - it would be good if Nikkk and Goat (winner of the auction) could attend.

May I suggest that just this one time we come together and the presentation cheque shows a total from the two sites (around £2,700) and a rep or two from here comes to the presentation too?

As a user of both sites I cannot think of anyone better than yourself to present the cheque Damon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thai Green collection. UPDATED   Thai Green collection. UPDATED EmptyFri May 03, 2013 2:52 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:

Never... i certainly wouldn't want to be in among Pasoti,s finest and certainly not the money lender whose name i shall not mention, their presence would sour the food at the table.
This has been a great effort from all concerned with ATD ..lets keep it that way.
I just donated so the figure might rise by Monday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thai Green collection. UPDATED   Thai Green collection. UPDATED EmptyFri May 03, 2013 2:54 pm

I tend to agree with Punch, remember, it was the owner of pasoti that sent the white feather. The motive for creating and collecting the donations on ATD came from friendship, loyalty and from the heart, the motives of collecting donations on pasoti were entirely different.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thai Green collection. UPDATED   Thai Green collection. UPDATED EmptyFri May 03, 2013 3:02 pm

its a good gesture i understand why it was asked but i couldn't trust myself not to tell Thai's wife what ian did if he was handing over the cash on behalf of pasoti it would hypocritical and wrong.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Thai Green collection. UPDATED   Thai Green collection. UPDATED EmptyFri May 03, 2013 8:11 pm

OK - have heard from over there that they do not wish for anyone else to attend. I am only going because Marilyn wanted a presentation. I will let everyone know where and when and then it's up to individuals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thai Green collection. UPDATED   Thai Green collection. UPDATED EmptyFri May 03, 2013 8:52 pm

Top effort everyone. Very fitting for such a good man.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Thai Green collection. UPDATED   Thai Green collection. UPDATED EmptySun May 12, 2013 10:06 pm

All

Below is a copy of an email I received this evening from Marilyn Coleman (Mrs Thai Green).

>> Hi Damon,
>>
>> Thank you so much for co-ordinating the donations from the members of ATD for the Mesothelioma Support Group in Plymouth, in memory of my husband Phil. It was so generous and I know the support group will be able to put the money to good use, as sadly new members are joining each month, after being diagnosed with this dreadful disease.
>>
>> I would also like to thank everyone who joined Phil in his many chats on the forum, he really enjoyed his time "chatting" online and it was a great form of escape from his illness. He had been a life long fan of Argyle and he loved discussing the ups and downs of the team. Luckily, he was well enough and I was able to take him to two of the last home games, Exeter and Cheltenham, it was fantastic they won, maybe I was a lucky mascot, as it was the first matches I'd been to since I was a teenager!!
>>
>> Thank you again and I hope you soon hear from Kate Lansdale, the Nurse who runs the group.
>>
>> Best wishes.
>>
>> Marilyn Coleman
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Thai Green collection. UPDATED   Thai Green collection. UPDATED EmptySun May 12, 2013 10:15 pm

Sounds a very nice lady, all the very best to her and her family.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thai Green collection. UPDATED   Thai Green collection. UPDATED Empty

Back to top Go down

Thai Green collection. UPDATED
Page 1 of 1