Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

No Blue Square for any team next season

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

No Blue Square for any team next season Empty
PostSubject: No Blue Square for any team next season   No Blue Square for any team next season EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 8:33 am

cheers

Having just bought Blue Square Bet for £5m, Betfair has closed it down and the sponsorship deal with the Conference ends.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Blue Square for any team next season   No Blue Square for any team next season EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 8:43 am

Surely an opportunity for FES and Nickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk ? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Blue Square for any team next season   No Blue Square for any team next season EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 8:48 am

I think Wonga.com just has the edge over FES in the brand stakes. Very Happy

'Straight talking finance without the Hanky Panky' pig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Blue Square for any team next season   No Blue Square for any team next season EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 8:54 am

But a company like fez/fil can pay for a fleet of coaches and a train carriage to go to Burton, oh hang on thats a whole 6 coaches, wow! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: No Blue Square for any team next season   No Blue Square for any team next season EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:21 am

Jaytex2012 wrote:
But a company like fez/fil can pay for a fleet of coaches and a train carriage to go to Burton, oh hang on thats a whole 6 coaches, wow! Laughing

Hang fire there, that is a good few piles.

You need to try and disassociate edit by admin Nick from the company he keeps, I hate his type with a passion but as a milk cow I would feed his ego and shovel the shit all day.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: No Blue Square for any team next season   No Blue Square for any team next season EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:41 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Jaytex2012 wrote:

You need to try and disassociate edit by admin Nick from the company he keeps, I hate his type with a passion but as a milk cow I would feed his ego and shovel the shit all day.

I agree with every word and could put a lot more in, I would walk to Burton then take a freebe from him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Blue Square for any team next season   No Blue Square for any team next season EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:59 am

Tgwu wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Jaytex2012 wrote:

I agree with every word and could put a lot more in, I would walk to Burton then take a freebe from him.

I think what Tis is saying is that Nikkk is GOOD news for the club despite his association with a grubby trade and his taste for Pork. Brent must think it's christmas everyday with Nikkk doling out the largesse. Coz if Nikkk wasn't putting the money in Brent would have to.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: No Blue Square for any team next season   No Blue Square for any team next season EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:14 am

Gert Loinz wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Jaytex2012 wrote:

I think what Tis is saying is that Nikkk is GOOD news for the club despite his association with a grubby trade and his taste for Pork. Brent must think it's christmas everyday with Nikkk doling out the largesse. Coz if Nikkk wasn't putting the money in Brent would have to.

What is of greater concern is that Brent will offload the club as soon as his real business interests are signed and sealed. No prizes for guessing the likely new owners Rolling Eyes No
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: No Blue Square for any team next season   No Blue Square for any team next season EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:23 am

Gert Loinz wrote:

Or, heaven forbid, the fans might have to stump it up.

Like it or not the world revolves around money, without the filthy lucre things just don't happen, in the modern world where far too much of the stuff has finished in the hands of those who dove tongue first into the practice of usury, most times one has to compromise one's ideals to make said things a reality. Usury Nick and Brent are abominations to me and I would hope any other what I consider to be right thinking people, but they have your nuts in a pair of pliers so I would suggest the best short term option might be to allow your hearts and minds to follow, always with the caveat that you should now be planning and working to take the money lenders down at the first available opportunity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Blue Square for any team next season   No Blue Square for any team next season EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:39 am

Tis, we as fans probably stump up more watching Argyle than you and the Turks combined stump up yourselves. The trouble is we have to pay for the cost of buying Brentys property portfolio for him, which frankly irks a little. Brent will trouser the sale price for the club when he is finished with it and in the meantime is loaning the club money because he is too incompetent to run the club and develop all the land. We have not had a decent management structure since the day he bought the club and have been paying for it ever since, that is why I largely stay away now after fifty years of solid support.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Blue Square for any team next season   No Blue Square for any team next season EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:51 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Gert Loinz wrote:

Or, heaven forbid, the fans might have to stump it up.

Like it or not the world revolves around money, without the filthy lucre things just don't happen, in the modern world where far too much of the stuff has finished in the hands of those who dove tongue first into the practice of usury, most times one has to compromise one's ideals to make said things a reality. Usury Nick and Brent are abominations to me and I would hope any other what I consider to be right thinking people, but they have your nuts in a pair of pliers so I would suggest the best short term option might be to allow your hearts and minds to follow, always with the caveat that you should now be planning and working to take the money lenders down at the first available opportunity.

Spot on Tis.....But do most fans care a fig who owns the club or who sits in the directors box?

When things are going badly it probably matters to them in that they become a focal point for their frustration and anger at the lack of progress on the pitch but when by some stroke of fortune things are on the up then the likes of Brent, pig and where's webby fade into the background
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: No Blue Square for any team next season   No Blue Square for any team next season EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:54 am

Happy Daze wrote:

Spot on Tis.....But do most fans care a fig who owns the club or who sits in the directors box?

Nope, as you say, not until it gets fubar.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: No Blue Square for any team next season   No Blue Square for any team next season EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:57 am

Iggy wrote:
The trouble is we have to pay for the cost of buying Brentys property portfolio for him,

No you don't.

Akkerron has arranged funding for both that and your club, your income from gates wouldn't come close to funding your new diddy stand if you actually had to pay for it yourselves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Blue Square for any team next season   No Blue Square for any team next season EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 12:20 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Iggy wrote:
The trouble is we have to pay for the cost of buying Brentys property portfolio for him,

No you don't.

Akkerron has arranged funding for both that and your club, your income from gates wouldn't come close to funding your new diddy stand if you actually had to pay for it yourselves.

Wake up Tis, I am starting to think you are one of our very own superfans? Brent did not pay off the backlog of wages which we as fans are having to pay off over five years. That is why we struggle yet Port Vale are pushing for promotion. We never had a clean sheet after admin, we have a millstone around our necks from having this burden. As for the stand that is being paid for from the £150m development of our land, Brent would leave us to die if it weren't for this fact, the trouble is we have been landed with £5m debt for staff payments, another £1.25m as a shortfall for this seasons budget and feck knows what hereafter? When Brent says "fund" he means "lend", there is a difference you know. So we are already in debt to the tune of £6.5m to pay for Brent's purchase of the club and his subsequent mis management of it.
Ps. If you could manage to bring a crowd down next year a few choruses of "what the feckin hell is that?" sang at the Ministand would go down well.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: No Blue Square for any team next season   No Blue Square for any team next season EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 12:36 pm

Iggy wrote:

Ps. If you could manage to bring a crowd down next year a few choruses of "what the feckin hell is that?" sang at the Ministand would go down well.

You will have to qualify for the first round of the FA Cup to stand a chance of a repeat cup final next year.

I am fully aware of your financial position but your assertion had nowt to do with that, you reckoned the Green Platoon was paying for Brent's developments which you patently are not, you couldn't even pay your oustanding liabilities without Akkeron's financial support. Now don't for one second think I am mistaking Harry Potter for Mother Theresa and I know full well he is using your club as a tool, the fact though remains that without his funding you would be playing in the Evo-Stick against St.Blazey or whatever other bunch of inbred Cornish feck'tards infest the lower reaches of West Country non league footy.

You were broke, busted, wrecked, pot less, skint and any one of a thousand other expressions for being a long way from home without any cash or your mittens, Brent bailed you and now he is slowly rogering you up your capacious rusty bullet hole, the compensations are that you still have a league team to follow, for the time being, and you will shortly have a majorly diddy but free new stand, in the words of our Lord Jesus, "there's no pleasing some people".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Blue Square for any team next season   No Blue Square for any team next season EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 4:36 pm

Are you XIsle in disguise?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Blue Square for any team next season   No Blue Square for any team next season Empty

Back to top Go down

No Blue Square for any team next season
Page 1 of 1