Freathy
seadog
Rickler
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
argyledj

Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 12:50 pm

i was just about to post the same thing this has a very unpleasent smell about it but im certain peter reid will be a lot harder to "persuade" in my eyes saint james is of the same mould as heaney but far clever by getting the pasoti trust on his side.

Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 1:00 pm

I would rather Brent just stumped up the cash.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 1:27 pm

What on earth led to Campbell making a clear and carefully worded strong statement of intent only for him to change his position and swallow his morals less than two days later? It seems he had a visit from two people who discussed the issues with him. What on earth has he been doing for all these months that blinded him to the issues? What on earth did these two people say to him that led him to see the light that any ordinarily intelligent person shouldn't have considered already?

edited to add: I now see he says was "humbled" into reversing his decision. Is the man stupid (I don't know him)? Was he not aware of the issues involved!!?? It's bizarre!
And, to respond to the comment below, I really do try to avoid the conspiracy theories but "stage managed" was one of my thoughts. It's bizarre.

Last edited by funny man on Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 1:30 pm

It's almost stage managed in Ridsdale fashion!

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 1:43 pm

Still at least the threats have stopped,

"Very wise.

Let's face it, the alternative consequences for you, personally, and the club as a whole, wouldn't have been pretty."

Good grief, Ridders is re-releasing This Town Ain't Big Enough For The Both Of Us as his christmas single.
Back to top Go down
argyledj

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 2:02 pm

funny man wrote:
What on earth led to Campbell making a clear and carefully worded strong statement of intent only for him to change his position and swallow his morals less than two days later? It seems he had a visit from two people who discussed the issues with him. What on earth has he been doing for all these months that blinded him to the issues? What on earth did these two people say to him that led him to see the light that any ordinarily intelligent person shouldn't have considered already?

edited to add: I now see he says was "humbled" into reversing his decision. Is the man stupid (I don't know him)? Was he not aware of the issues involved!!?? It's bizarre!
And, to respond to the comment below, I really do try to avoid the conspiracy theories but "stage managed" was one of my thoughts. It's bizarre.

what on earth indeed i have my thoughts but i would imagine if i were to post them on here i would be threatened with libel the whole process stinks
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 2:07 pm

Maybe Ian Newell of the GT's will tell us lol!
Back to top Go down
argyledj

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 2:36 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Maybe Ian Newell of the GT's will tell us lol!

who's gonna ask him i nominate you Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 2:54 pm

Maybe they gave him a nice pen as a token of their thanks
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 3:01 pm

Made him an offer he couldn't refuse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 3:05 pm

There definitely is a feel of stage management here ... very similar to the Stapleton and Wrathall so called capitulation.
As I thought, sadly Campbell isn't of the stuff to stand up for principles for long. And if anything, the incident has raised his profile as a green. ... what a joke. Of course, we'll never know if a seperate deal has been unfairly struck by Ridsdale/Brent.

And an interesting quote from Campbell .... stirring things up already

Quote :
Following conversations with Gary Maguire and Ian Newell from the Green Taverners.
AND
The Green Taverners have been absolutely fantastic in their support of the staff and I have the upmost respect for the work they have done

Pointed praise of the Taverners only, Newell's spiritual home ..... but not the Trust and all those 'lefties'
More evidence of the fault lines under all the unity nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 6:19 pm

and no mention of pasoti either...

On the face of it - this statement is staggering:

"Following conversations with Gary Maguire and Ian Newell from the Green Taverners I can confirm that I will now be signing the agreement letter.

I do so despite the fact that I still have serious concerns about the way the whole sale and purchase process has been conducted and how the staff and players have been treated and intimidated throughout the last 9 months.

The Green Taverners have been absolutely fantastic in their support of the staff and I have the upmost respect for the work they have done. As such I feel that compromising my own moral position on this issue is inconsequential in comparison to the contribution that they have made and continue to make on behalf of the club."

So Brent in his 'negotations' couldn't bend TC, but a visit from IJN and Gary Maguire could? How does your moral compass get so swiftly turned around? I don't know GM at all, but Newell is a mental midget and has no morals whatsover as many on this site can attest to personally.

So what did Gary bring instead of gold, frankincense and Myrrh?

The GT's are in an interesting position, now being the de facto Argyle "lobby group" and also raising and controlling how a large percentage of fans money is spent.

Perhaps Tony can join the GT middlemen..

After all, there is not one mention in that statement about "doing it" for Argyle, he did it because of the "contribution" of the Taverners!

Yeah, right...

Make no mistake, I am glad he has seen the 'light', but he isn't telling the real reason why.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 8:30 pm

Scum........pond dwellers.....mental midgets.......why oh why were we all introduced to Argyle in our formative years ?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 8:56 pm

Actually Tringy, you have a point there.
I don't think it's just Argyle though. While I met some great friends playing football for 20 years, by and large, outside of the actual 90 minutes great fun, I had little in common with the overriding culture and 90% of people I came across. Our circle was quite tight for good reason.
I'm afraid the only real way to rid oneself of this tiresome Aviva nonsense is to take a hike.... after all, you have cricket, I have what I have. Football in this country is what it is, and will be dominated by the same old sorts. If the company no longer thrills, move on.
ATD fits within the 10%, Mock's a genius, Sad Act a pleasure.. reports from the Front over the way fill me with turgid thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 9:11 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
I don't think it's just Argyle though. While I met some great friends playing football for 20 years, by and large, outside of the actual 90 minutes great fun, I had little in common with the overriding culture and 90% of people I came across. Our circle was quite tight for good reason.
I'm afraid the only real way to rid oneself of this tiresome Aviva nonsense is to take a hike.... after all, you have cricket, I have what I have. Football in this country is what it is, and will be dominated by the same old sorts. If the company no longer thrills, move on.
ATD fits within the 10%, Mock's a genius, Sad Act a pleasure.. reports from the Front over the way fill me with turgid thoughts.

I totally agree with all of that. Maybe time to let the morons play in peace. Sad................. we could have been so much better than this.
Beautiful game............. beastly people.

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 9:14 pm

Tringreen wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:

I totally agree with all of that. Maybe time to let the morons play in peace. Sad................. we could have been so much better than this.

Bye then. lol!

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 8:23 am

Greenskin wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:

Bye then. lol!

cyclops

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 8:37 am

If the past has anything to go by then Campbell may have received threats and a verbal bashing. He'd hate to have the dogs called out! lol!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 12:16 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
It's funny that this has been brought up; only yesterday I found myself considering how going to Argyle is the one time in my weekly calendar that I get to, ya know, fraternise with the white working class. I spend the rest of my time trying to avoid them as if they are some grim second coming of the Black Death, but come a Saturday at Argyle I find myself peculiarly fascinated by them, I'm a crowd watcher and it has always been more interesting than the terrible football Argyle have offered up over the years. Yesterday I was sat behind some ginger type who spat as he swore. When the ref gave a corner instead of a goalkick he exhumed a torrent of dribbly expletives, showering the old dear in front of him. It was poetic.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 12:30 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:
It's funny that this has been brought up; only yesterday I found myself considering how going to Argyle is the one time in my weekly calendar that I get to, ya know, fraternise with the white working class. I spend the rest of my time trying to avoid them as if they are some grim second coming of the Black Death, but come a Saturday at Argyle I find myself peculiarly fascinated by them, I'm a crowd watcher and it has always been more interesting than the terrible football Argyle have offered up over the years. Yesterday I was sat behind some ginger type who spat as he swore. When the ref gave a corner instead of a goalkick he exhumed a torrent of dribbly expletives, showering the old dear in front of him. It was poetic.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 4:28 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:

It wasn't Ginger Pubes,was it? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 9:27 pm

Is IJN a GT? I see he wears the GT uniform at the Fansfests.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 2:36 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Is IJN a GT? I see he wears the GT uniform at the Fansfests.

no, he's a ....
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tony Campbell & Peter Reid
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3