seadog
Rickler
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
seadog
Admin

Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 12:34 pm

Or even deliberately antagonising some high profile creditors to ensure such a delay occurs at no risk to one's own tarnished reputation!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 12:38 pm

Yup, there's a bit of water to go under that bridge yet and, with plenty of shit floating in it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 12:48 pm

So this is all about a poxy 6 grand, six thousand quid!

Someone tell me this isn't simply about creating a delay, because with the amount of dosh that Campbell and Reid have I cannot accept that they are all that worried about 6 poxy grand.
Back to top Go down
argyledj

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 1:26 pm

so who poses the biggest threat campbell or reid? im guessing after watching reid on sky sports after he watched risdale talk about his sacking that he is in no mood to negotiate any time soon.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 2:00 pm

Reid has no reason to do Argyle any favours, imagine you were in a job where you paid lots of the bills and running expences only to get sacked at the first opportunity and then only being offered half of the wages due. I would be burning the place down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 2:03 pm

I would guess that Reid is owed far more than 6 grand. Presumably he is entitled to both back dated pay and future money up until the e nd of his contract. I also think that Reid will be far harder to bully than tony Campbell. He has alot of influencial friends within the media and also an enormous amount of sympathy after auctioning his medal.

On a wider point though, despite not having any personal sympathy for Campbell, employment law is there to protect all employees not just those we deem worthy. If he has a legal case then he should be allowed to pursue it without threats from sweaty palmed internet based morons. Just because some people are willing to accept an injustice it doesn't stop being an injustice.

I also find it amusing when people scoff at an amount of money being a pittance. It's always easier to say when it belongs to someone else.

I know I wouldn't be quick to write off £6000
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 2:41 pm

No point threatening Peter Reid with being run out of town, Ridders already did that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 8:13 pm

I haven't laughed so much throughout this whole administration. Tony Campbell, IJN's hero up in the frame, only one of two employees out of gawd knows how many who's looking after his own interests, rather than the club's.... poetic. I did tell you of his views Mr Newell, but you just carry on regardless... you haven't a clue what makes people tick outside of your world.

It will come as no surprise I have never had any time for Mr Campbell and his duplicity as I see it throughout the whole Kagami tenure, straddling boardroom and the fans' boozing lounge. I still wonder what on earth that very strange 'loan' back at the beginning of the year was that still stands as a seperate item on the balance sheet. My own opinion is that loan represents unpaid wages that were capitalised at the time for some reason. The last time I questioned that, IJN threw a wobbly as he always does when people pick up on his mates and Boys Own heroes.

However, having read Campbell's press release regarding being bullied, for the first time ever, I personally fully back his stance in this particular thing, 100%. If he feels bullied as an 'employee' he has every right to stand up and tell them to get lost. As to the threat of having to leave Plymouth, what on earth does Ridsdale know about the people of Plymouth ?...... Nothing.

Sadly, I believe having made his point, Tony Campbell will give in to the bullying, because few people have the courage to stand up and be counted... it takes a certain sort.... or maybe the silent but deadly Gardner might strike a deal and haul him on board his top of the range lifeboat preparing to slip anchor unseen by anyone and fuelled at the last minute by the employees' unpaid wages. Don't know about Peter Reid, he's a strange one, and has been personally ridiculed by Ridsdale. Whatever deals are done, one thing is certain, Brent will not walk away and WILL buy the club.
If anything comes out of this particular saga, it should be the dastardly tactics all along of Peter Ridsdale. If he gets an invite to stay on from Brent, applauded by Pasoti Trust, then this club is headed for more squabbles than ever seen under Stapleton and Todd's NWO. Still, when have the back of the grandstand gang ever listened to ordinary fans at Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 8:54 pm

It seems unusually quiet 'news' wise...

Usually we have updates and tweets from "CP'rs" informing us how wonderful Mr. Brent is, and to have strong hearts and grow beards etc...

And today of all days....

Bit disappointed really...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 9:23 pm

Licking their wounds, and waiting to be told the new party line.

As Chris Webb would say, "Go moneymen, go ! ... screw those employees"
He keeps saying what he would do in his REAL life is quite different than what he would do at Argyle ? Strange guy. Perhaps some people only worry about employees' rights if they are paid to do so.
I suspect if the two employees standing up for themselves were Marcel Seip and Steve Maclean, we would be having roving reports from IJN's email lynch mob. Obviously management deserve more respect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 10:39 pm

The really massive thing that concerns me greatly regarding Brent, is that IJN likes him!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 12:43 am

Update posted by Chris on Pasoti at 10pm.
Seems positive progress has been made and aiming for completion on Monday.
Fingers crossed flower
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 3:09 am

A different take on things from Phil Sayers:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The last several paragraphs make interesting reading...

"Put simply if the sellers owed them money then the buyers would normally owe them money. This talk of how they want 'more' or that everyone else will agree so why won't they is simply a smokescreen. Those people who have transferred over are not in the same position. The others who were sacked / made redundant are. If they are owed money then Jame Brent would legally owe them that money and he knows it and they know it. I would be surprised if Chris Webb did not know it as well. No wonder TC is content to arbitrate on this and JB is not.

Furthermore I have seen it suggested that because PR and TC won't back down (why should they if they have been advised they are being stitched up?) then JB can't either because all of a sudden it would cost him £100,000+ as he would have to pay that to the rest of the '15' what they are entitled to. With respect that seems like complete bull - each former employee can negotiate their own settlement and (without being privy to the details of exactly what is proposed) I am scratching my head as to what kind of deal would require them to all sign up to the same terms.

I have also seen a lot of talk of how TC's dispute is 'only' 6k and he can afford it but why should he have to? JB could afford to pay it even more easily and, from what we know, it is more likely than not that he actually will owe it if he completes. This is about a business man trying to buy a business at the lowest possible price even if that is below what he ought to be legally paying for it. That doesn't make him a sinner by any means but it hardly makes him a saint either."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 6:02 am

Ricks, that'll win the legal argument but it will lose the moral argument. Campbell played a significant part in getting us in this mess so I don't care if he comes out of it with sweet FA!

Reid has an argument simply because of the way Brent off loaded him so I don't blame Reid one tiny bit.

That said, Brent has on odour developing of what he's really about and frankly, the tactics he's using are appalling.

Webb is Brent's lapdog, hence why Brent is now known to Webb as "James". Slowly but surely people are seeing the true agendas and Webb's leadership is being questioned in the quiet shadows. The rousing speeches are to frequent and to pro Brent to have much impact now.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 7:52 am

Will Monkey Heed still get his green pen ? lol!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 8:29 am

Pafcintheplace wrote:
Fingers crossed flower

Welocme,Pafc,lets hope that you're right.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 9:00 am

It has been a tortuous journey so far, I am still unconvinced by Ridders.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 9:15 am

seadog wrote:

Tortuous........ not straightforward; devious; bent or twisted part. Sounds like him and most others involved in all things Argyle Suspect

Last edited by Tringreen on Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 9:24 am

seadog wrote:

Blimey, you're very mellow this morning. I won't be able to raise any enthusiasm for a new PAFC that purports to embrace integrity, honesty and openess in a principled operation whilst Ridders is still here. To my mind he represents none of those virtues, except for openess as his willingness to share his version of events seems to bamboozle the herd time after time.

I've been obsessed with username anagrams these last few weeks and I wonder if, when this deal "gets over the line" all the sheep will be invited to the "All Ewe Inn" to raise a glass to the gentlemen who've saved us.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 9:40 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
seadog wrote:

Blimey, you're very mellow this morning. I won't be able to raise any enthusiasm for a new PAFC that purports to embrace integrity, honesty and openess in a principled operation whilst Ridders is still here. To my mind he represents none of those virtues, except for openess as his willingness to share his version of events seems to bamboozle the herd time after time.

I've been obsessed with username anagrams these last few weeks and I wonder if, when this deal "gets over the line" all the sheep will be invited to the "All Ewe Inn" to raise a glass to the gentlemen who've saved us.

No doubt Retarded Piles will be guest of honour. Such a hard working gentleman ! jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 11:08 am

From councilors to fans it all stinks at the moment, it'll be a long time before Home Park is cleansed again.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 12:00 pm

GOB wrote:
From councilors to fans it all stinks at the moment, it'll be a long time before Home Park is cleansed again.

Dear old Smiffy is trying his hardest but the farm superfans are too parochial to ever see the bigger picture.

Very sad. If their mentality continues to hold sway, the club is doomed to decades of small minded janner led obscurity. They'll still enjoy it though. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 12:28 pm

Pafcintheplace wrote:
Fingers crossed flower
Monday - "Completion in the next two days"

Weds - "By the end of the week"
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 12:36 pm

Well I likes James Brent. He's a hard working gentleman and a praaaaaper faaaan ! lol!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 12:39 pm

Tony is signing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Seems a bit odd to announce this on a fans website.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tony Campbell & Peter Reid   Tony Campbell & Peter Reid - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tony Campbell & Peter Reid
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next