Dingle
Freathy
akagreengull
Coxside_Green
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage

My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 7:49 pm

STOP PRESS

.......Exeter lose to the best in the west and Tis comes over all bitter.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 8:08 pm

There seems to be the usual crew with their heads in the trough over on PASOTI that are hell-bent on shouting down anyone who dares to question the Ambition of the "grandstand" plans, they even banned one for doing so.
Unbelievable
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 8:27 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
There seems to be the usual crew with their heads in the trough over on PASOTI that are hell-bent on shouting down anyone who dares to question the Ambition of the "grandstand" plans, they even banned one for doing so.
Unbelievable
All these staged meeting's are a joke,brent is building his mini stand and his little band of yesmen/ groupies will rubber stamp it, its a done deal Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 8:36 pm

Have we had the official presidential seal of approval yet? If he speaks in favour of it then he's as big a cnut as I already think he is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 8:42 pm

Has the presidential personage spoken at all recently? or have I just been lucky and missed it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 8:52 pm

The prez is still trying to workout how to sell the crap mini stand as the greatest stand ever, on top of another first in football a new stand smaller than the original one jocolor
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 8:53 pm

knecht wrote:
STOP PRESS

It's all good as far as I'm concerned. Two of the by-products of growing older and supporting Argyle are that you generally become more and more cynical, along with seeming to put a negative slant on things a lot of the time. That's how it is for me anyway.

Having Lord T on here is almost as good as therapy, because when it comes to being bitter and twisted, he really is in a league of his own. Very Happy

I almost feel like Brian Green, Saracen 10 and OllieArgyle9 in the positivity stakes, when compared with Tis... Basketball
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 8:55 pm

Happy Daze wrote:
Has the presidential personage spoken at all recently? or have I just been lucky and missed it?

I thought he was up a mountain in Africa? Is he back?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 8:59 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
knecht wrote:
STOP PRESS

It's all good as far as I'm concerned. Two of the by-products of growing older and supporting Argyle are that you generally become more and more cynical, along with seeming to put a negative slant on things a lot of the time. That's how it is for me anyway.

Having Lord T on here is almost as good as therapy, because when it comes to being bitter and twisted, he really is in a league of his own. Very Happy

I almost feel like Brian Green, Saracen 10 and OllieArgyle9 in the positivity stakes, when compared with Tis... Basketball
I like tis but its funny watching him getting more bitter by the minute,he will be blubbing into his anorack sleeve if we win again tomorrow flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 9:01 pm

Happy Daze wrote:

He has just been up Kilimanjaro with Mike Newell and a few other fanfest bumkissers.
No doubt on his return there will be an auction fueled, Nickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk funded, function held in the Sweaty tent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 9:09 pm

tcm,,,,,,, migegt knoo...... what do you say mike?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 1:18 am

The only thing that makes sense to me is Brent is trying to squeeze more land out of us. I've not seen one reason nor one question why the Ice Rink needs to be jammed right up against the new stand thus stunting its growth in future?

It also makes no sense using current attendances or even past attendances as some sort of barometer for the future. Never before has Argyle ever been situated right in amongst a complex. For the first time ever people will have a real opportunity to spend the whole day in Central Park. Papa Smithers and his son can watch football whilst mama & Chelse can swim. All meet up at 5.30 for a skate followed by a movie. Is there any reason why Argyle should attract sub 10k attendances ever again aside from mismanagement?

PCC, either reject it or demand a bigger stand. Failure to do so will mean either lower league and small attendances for evermore or the City losing its football club should anyone with an ounce of ambition come along. 2013 will become the new 1962 where many gave up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 5:55 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Happy Daze wrote:

This

Coming

Monday
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 9:19 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
The only thing that makes sense to me is Brent is trying to squeeze more land out of us. I've not seen one reason nor one question why the Ice Rink needs to be jammed right up against the new stand thus stunting its growth in future?

It also makes no sense using current attendances or even past attendances as some sort of barometer for the future. Never before has Argyle ever been situated right in amongst a complex. For the first time ever people will have a real opportunity to spend the whole day in Central Park. Papa Smithers and his son can watch football whilst mama & Chelse can swim. All meet up at 5.30 for a skate followed by a movie. Is there any reason why Argyle should attract sub 10k attendances ever again aside from mismanagement?

PCC, either reject it or demand a bigger stand. Failure to do so will mean either lower league and small attendances for evermore or the City losing its football club should anyone with an ounce of ambition come along. 2013 will become the new 1962 where many gave up.

This.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 9:43 am

Pokesdown wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Happy Daze wrote:

This

Coming

Monday

Funny little gap when tcm stopped posting coincides with when webby was up a mountain.

Shame he didn't get stuck up there really.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 10:09 am

So this is it then? The property developer and his mini stand are just awaiting the inevitable rubber stamp from the council before the whole thing is a goer.
Must say i am severely disappointed at the lack of opposition, a
few rumbling,s of discontent quickly quashed by the likes of X Isle and Nool with the help of a few loaded polls.
17,500 the height of ambition,think small act small..tis the Janner way
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 10:19 am

What is it with Smiffy and keeping Argyle crap.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 10:30 am

Hugh Watt wrote:

He can't really an Argyle fan. He gives the impression of being more a fan of whoever happens to own the club at the time, especially if said owner doesn't look to be acting in the best interests of the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 1:24 pm

Freathy wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

He can't really an Argyle fan. He gives the impression of being more a fan of whoever happens to own the club at the time, especially if said owner doesn't look to be acting in the best interests of the club.
Xthrobber is a grateful to have a club jb is god anytype of stand will do cheese monkey, the type of rimmer that keeps this club shite.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 1:28 pm

He is a closet Brighton fan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 1:45 pm

I thought it was Crawley, remember he got all hot under the colour when they got slagged off and Steve Evans got called a cnut over on the farm. Strange he wants Argyle to be crap and Brent to be tighter than a ducks arse but its ok for crawlers owners to spend loads on them. Weird guy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 10:28 pm

have you all been lobbying the club with your concerns yet?

time isnt on our side you know?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 11:52 am

My architectural, engineering relative informs me that to build any type of project like this with a aim to one day expanding it would be nearly as expensive as building the thing in its entirety, in other words, it would be just as expensive to build a completed and larger stand in the first place. You would still need to provide drawings, future drainage and foundations etc. and that's where much of the cost is.

It seems apparent that the concept of the whole thing is to squeeze as much from PAFC and PCC as possible and that the cost of moving facilities from the City Centre to Central Park will be for the Club to burden in the way of a considerably smaller stadium.

If PAFC were to be treated as a new business and forgetting the debate of past crowd sizes etc. the Club would have the smallest stadium per head of population of any footballing city in the country. That alone should tell us something about the decisions being made by our present owner. It would be an absolute disaster for the future of PAFC.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 12:23 pm

GOB wrote:

If PAFC were to be treated as a new business and forgetting the debate of past crowd sizes etc. the Club would have the smallest stadium per head of population of any footballing city in the country.

If that Stat is accurate, then it is an absolutely pearler of an example, as to what is so wrong with the current proposals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 12:32 pm

Indeed it is Czar and to add yet more fuel, PAFC is the best supported Club in the country to have never reached the top flight.

It doesn't take a genius to work it out does it, just a developer with his eyes elsewhere supported by large egos with their eyes focused firmly on hand outs.

Just ask yourself, if you were a businessman looking to start a professional football club business in a city the size of Plymouth, would you really plan something that is so short sighted?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next