akagreengull
Coxside_Green
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:29 am

Meanwhile, one of the worst Argyle teams of all time, at the foot of the entire football league, is watched by 4k short of capacity Rolling Eyes

An iconic 8k grandstand, is an essential component of the club's image for the future.

Fail to prepare. Prepare to fail.

The potential is still there but the wider public must believe in the club. With no top flight history, only a clear statement of ambition will do.

The 74/75 promotion season started with attendances of 5k. By the end, most attendances were high teens and well into the twenties. The 04/05 season saw 10 attendances higher than the proposed capacity.

This, once in a lifetime opportunity to make a statement of intent must not be ignored but knowing Argyle, the banker and the compliant janner superfans, will do exactly that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:42 am

The goal-posts keep on moving.
Initially, Richard Halliday was quoted as saying that maybe one & then one or two retail units would not belong to the club. Then it is all other than the seemingly reduced in size club-shop.
Then it was the horseshoe couldn't be extended other than around 2,500 seats. Now, miraculously, 4,500 could be added.
First all of the existing footprint would be for income generation for the club then a substantial section will be taken in order to fund the grandstand development (quoting Mark Jones of Akkeron).
First of all the facilities for the disabled would be 'state of the art' (like the grandstand facilities) but I've seen comment elsewhere that it amounts to a 'platform'.
The first view of the proposed grandstand was a single tier then in a matter of a few days the second tier miraculously appeared.

I don't go for the argument that we should necessarily argue for bigger NOW but I do argue that the facility to expand should be available. And, by that, I don't mean knock down the Demport & rebuild. The emphasis is clearly on the commercial development outside the ground and in my view clearly takes precedence at the expense of the grandstand. This drip-feeding of possible expansion opportunities is not convincing. It smacks of game-playing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:44 am

In answer to the question about what the retail outlets would contain, Both Mark Jones & Dave Boobyer (sp?) were at pains to state that they wouldn't be fast-food outlets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:52 am

knecht wrote:
Initially, Richard Halliday was quoted as saying that maybe one & then one or two retail units would not belong to the club. Then it is all other than the seemingly reduced in size club-shop.
Then it was the horseshoe couldn't be extended other than around 2,500 seats. Now, miraculously, 4,500 could be added.
First all of the existing footprint would be for income generation for the club then a substantial section will be taken in order to fund the grandstand development (quoting Mark Jones of Akkeron).
First of all the facilities for the disabled would be 'state of the art' (like the grandstand facilities) but I've seen comment elsewhere that it amounts to a 'platform'.
The first view of the proposed grandstand was a single tier then in a matter of a few days the second tier miraculously appeared.

I don't go for the argument that we should necessarily argue for bigger NOW but I do argue that the facility to expand should be available. And, by that, I don't mean knock down the Demport & rebuild. The emphasis is clearly on the commercial development outside the ground and in my view clearly takes precedence at the expense of the grandstand. This drip-feeding of possible expansion opportunities is not convincing. It smacks of game-playing.

couldnt find a shorter version but the point is just the same failure to communicate. Apologises to anyone upset they didnt get the slash intro to this in teh backgorund Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:57 am

knecht wrote:
In answer to the question about what the retail outlets would contain, Both Mark Jones & Dave Boobyer (sp?) were at pains to state that they wouldn't be fast-food outlets.

No fast food outlets then so what what on earth could be sold tucked away at hhp that could make a shop owner a living?

I feel the answer will be interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:59 am

knecht wrote:

I have a feeling they wont stick to that promise. Nor do i not see a sports shop going up there either as crazy as it sounds.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 12:03 pm

knecht wrote:

We should be building bigger now! I really cannot understand why anyone sees the point in building something that gives us a smaller capacity than crowds we were getting even in the latter stages of our previous promotion seasons in L2 and L1! The build now should leave us with 22k capacity ABSOLUTE MINIMUM with future expansion capability to 25-27k minimum. It's not as if 22k is f***ing huge FFS! What sort of f***ing club 'improves' its ground but significantly reduces it's capacity?? Oh yeah - one run by someone who's main priority isn't the club. Build it right brent or don't bother.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 12:12 pm

Of course it is possible to extend any of the stands, but at what cost?

At best Brent is being deceitful, there is no way that any of the stands can be extended at a cost that wouldn't make knocking down and rebuilding the stadium unthinkable.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 12:19 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Meanwhile, one of the worst Argyle teams of all time, at the foot of the entire football league, is watched by 4k short of capacity, in its biggest game of the season which many would describe as a "cup final", on Easter Saturday Rolling Eyes

Amended for factuals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 12:22 pm

More smoke and mirrors. It's no wonder the turnout was poor for this meeting, JL on pasoti I think said about 30 people? I am feeling like someone is taking me for a mug, Brenty knows how the majority feel about this, the real silent majority, is he going to act on it?
Ps. The silent majority on p bay seems to be made up of Xisle at the moment, silent? Razz
Come on Smiffy, come and have a go if you think yer 'ard enough! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 12:33 pm

Some of the stuff on Pasoti from Esmer and Graham Clark doesn't look good. Brent is adamant that increase in capacity from that proposed would mean the ice rink would have to be built in Cottage Field which is a complete non-starter. And brent won't increase capacity at the expense of any other part of the development meaning of course that other parts of the development are far more important than the stand - which we all knew. So there we have it. We're f***ed. Doomed to never getting again beyond L1, at least for any serious length of time. And some 'fans' are happy with this. F***ing unbelievable.

The only way our long term future can be secured is if none of this HHP development goes ahead. And of course brent leaves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 12:39 pm

Brent needs to be pressured by the fans, the majority, the superfans need to be sidelined as do the pasb, unless they grow a pair, we have enough nodding dogs around as it is. Brent will give ground if enough pressure is levied. The Herald are feckin useless as well, maybe the Guardian?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 12:59 pm

Freathy wrote:
The only way our long term future as a non league club can be secured is if none of this HHP development goes ahead. And of course brent leaves.

Amended for factuals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 1:04 pm

Feck off Tis you are being a plank
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 1:12 pm

Happy Daze wrote:
Feck off Tis you are being a plank

Just keeping it real Daisy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 1:39 pm

Happy Daze wrote:
knecht wrote:

No fast food outlets then so what what on earth could be sold tucked away at hhp that could make a shop owner a living?

I feel the answer will be interesting.

More "up-market" catering than fast-food was the reply. But I guess that as there is no legal definition of fast food that could include lots of possibilities. I'm sure there will be a Nando's.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 2:11 pm

I'm struggling to think of many up market food chains that'd thrive in that location. I'm quite partial to a Nando's (just chicken n chips innit, what's not to like?) but I don't think much of a slightly higher calibre would thrive in Central Park. Especially when you have those exact same higher end foodie places opening up almost weekly in the Royal William Yard, less than a ten minute drive away.

I'd like to see one of these pop up - been to the one in Bristol a couple of times - gorgeous burgers. Mmmmm...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 2:42 pm

Lets face facts while the Brent family and the current board lap up the profits our much loved football club will suffer over the years as a result. For future fans its vital we fight this stand plans.

As i have said in the past im not against the development plans for HHP but they must never impact negatively on the club or the green belt of central park. The central park green belt is in all fairness kept to its boundaries excluding the road but the most important thing for me is the capped capacity stand that will cause issue for future owners and fans.

The big arguing tool used by Brent lovers is we dont sell out home park well yesterday shows it can easily. Good football and atmosphere with reasonable prices will help keep more there.

The ice rink doesn't need to be 1500 at all and i would bet a steak dinner with all the trimmings that it will barely be used by the public or sellout at all much like the life centre.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 2:43 pm

Amended for factuals.

[quote="Lord Tisdale"][quote="Happy Daze"]Feck off Tis you are being a plank[/

Just worriedly looking over my shoulder as normal service is resumed.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 3:27 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Freathy wrote:
The only way our long term future as a non league club can be secured is if none of this HHP development goes ahead. And of course brent leaves.

Im a bitter and twisted fool.

Amended for factuals
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 5:10 pm

If there's a cinema, there's going to be a Frankie and Bennys adjacent, it's the rules. There's upmarket for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 5:19 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
If there's a cinema, there's going to be a Frankie and Bennys adjacent, it's the rules. There's upmarket for you.

perhaps a megabowl and oceana too Wink
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 5:32 pm

Brent's ONLY in it for the property & hotel. He's Heaney with more cash

Which, tbf is what Guilfoyle said i.e. only someone interested in the land would buy the club.

The pity is that while Heaney would have got rid of the football club asap to anyone who would take it on, JB seems determined to neuter the future prospects of the football club.

Not owners of their ground and merely tenants of a ground, fit , at best for League 2 football- all this combines to seriously restrict possible future income should the club be promoted or get a cup run.

Just imagine, a couple of wins in the FA Cup and we could have a "sell out" (now there's a phrase to conjour with) crowd against Brighton or Bristol City!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 5:34 pm

Iggy wrote:

I would but my eyesight isn't good enough to see down that far.

Keep on dreaming Piggy, it seems to be all you are any good at.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 5:55 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Iggy wrote:

I would but my eyesight isn't good enough to see down that far.

Keep on dreaming Piggy, it seems to be all you are any good at.

I am sure you would feel far better at home among your own kind up there in Isca and leave us poor humans alone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next