Dingle
Freathy
akagreengull
Coxside_Green
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14
AuthorMessage

My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 14 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 3:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is an 4000 seater stand still think its good enough brent?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 14 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 2:00 pm

Bumped to keep the pressure up! What is the latest from the Trust working group on all this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 14 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 4:35 pm

Iggy wrote:
Bumped to keep the pressure up! What is the latest from the Trust working group on all this?

See the Trust/PASB forum......

And remember, Angry, size isn't everything. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 14 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 14 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 5:03 pm

knecht wrote:
Iggy wrote:

See the Trust/PASB forum......

And remember, Angry, size isn't everything. Very Happy

i'll take it down but thats pretty much how the brent stand will look.

edited to add actually can you do it im not a mod so i cant edit it after a period of time Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 14 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 5:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A tad confused..if you read the first part it says that they seek a stand with a slightly larger capacity then the proposed 4,800... then if you click on the alternative outlined proposal further down the page it states and i quote "
The grandstand is similar in size to
the Barr proposal " does this mean the same as the puny offering from Harry Potter? with the old chestnut about being able to extend?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 14 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 5:54 pm

This explains it , my apologies.
Good stuff from the trust!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 14 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 6:02 pm

I see the two Ians have filmed their reaction to the new plans!!!

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 14 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:02 pm

punchdrunk wrote:

This explains it , my apologies.
Good stuff from the trust!!

Now THAT's a Grandstand! No REAL Argyle fan would not want that! Which is why brent and the superfans will be 100% against it.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 14 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:04 pm

yeah ile have that one,,,and ide actually sit in it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 6:46 pm

All this talk about accept it or else is just scare mongering bollox and in my opinion I couldn't give a shite if Brent leaves, it would be for the best anyhow
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 7:05 pm

Absolutely! Nothing would make me happier than to see that odious banker f***ing right off back up the A38 without building his crappy little ministand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 7:12 pm

Looks like he has had guarantees or at least he is using the possibiities for business

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 14 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 4:29 pm

So what is happening then? I thought the trust and PASB had meetings behind closed doors....it seems it is not only the Club that is lacking in fan engagement scratch
Another week closer to the mini-stand it seems Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 14 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 4:48 pm

basically the pasb are being "sweeten" to accept the HHP proposals. Which is why we must support the trust fully as they are the only ones prepared to fight for the club future beyond property. If the stand is built like it is now Argyle will struggle to make money in the future and will be left as club struggling as a league two/league one club for years to come.

First thing a new owner will do is look into moving the club to a new stadium in order to meet the clubs ambitions and potential.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 14 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 5:03 pm

And what happens to Home park then?

Can you imagine a huge, derelict football stadium at the heart of a swanky Life Centre, hotel, cinema and ice rink leisure complex?

No other local team could fill it, afford it or want it so it would have be demolished but what might take its place?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 14 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 5:11 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Can you imagine a huge, derelict football stadium at the heart of a swanky Life Centre, hotel, cinema and ice rink leisure complex?

No other local team could fill it, afford it or want it so it would have be demolished but what might take its place?

I can see two outcomes if Argyle were forced to leave Home Park is

The council could persuade Plymouth Albion to move in and leave Brickfields (less we forget Home Park started life as Albion's home stadium before it was given to Argyle) 17000 would be more than enough for them and they will never need to look to increase if they reach the premiership. Brickfields is capable of hosting premiership rugby (the capacity is 8000 atm but can reach 12000 once all the stands are built) if the day ever comes so Albion may not fancy the upgrade.

or

It gets knocked down and becomes greenland or more shops/flats are built there.

I rather Argyle stayed at Home Park myself as do im sure the fanbase which is why akkeron needs to change the stand plans to one the club will benefit from and deserve.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 14 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 5:18 pm

If it became green land the road would look most odd.

Of all the possible options this one strikes me as the most unlikely.

I also think that Home Park would be far too big for Albion.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 14 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 5:19 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

The council could persuade Plymouth Albion to move in and leave Brickfields (less we forget Home Park started life as Albion's home stadium before it was given to Argyle) 17000 would be more than enough for them and they will never need to look to increase if they reach the premiership. Brickfields is capable of hosting premiership rugby (the capacity is 8000 atm but can reach 12000 once all the stands are built) if the day ever comes so Albion may not fancy the upgrade.

or

I rather Argyle stayed at Home Park myself as do im sure the fanbase which is why akkeron needs to change the stand plans to one the club will benefit from and
deserve.

Time is ticking and we are hearing nothing, i sense its all part of a plot to keep everyone quiet until planning permission is granted then we are stuck with this piece of sub-standard shit for life.
The PASB and the Trust met with Akkeron/Pafc for some sort of secret meeting over a week ago and for some reason are keeping "shtum" over what was discussed, the very last thing we need at this moment in time is more bloody secrecy. If there were "alternative" plans as to what was hinted at then what are they and what are they trying to hide?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 14 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 5:26 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
If it became green land the road would look most odd.

Of all the possible options this one strikes me as the most unlikely.

I also think that Home Park would be far too big for Albion.

probably however as i said before the brickfield can hold 12500 if fully redeveloped which atm finances prevent the club carrying on with it and rightly so because at the mo they are in no danger of promotion or challenging for it.

If it came down to it i would rather home park carried on in some form than see it destroyed for a nandos

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 14 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 5:30 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

or

I rather Argyle stayed at Home Park myself as do im sure the fanbase which is why akkeron needs to change the stand plans to one the club will benefit from and
deserve.

Time is ticking and we are hearing nothing, i sense its all part of a plot to keep everyone quiet until planning permission is granted then we are stuck with this piece of sub-standard shit for life.
The PASB and the Trust met with Akkeron/Pafc for some sort of secret meeting over a week ago and for some reason are keeping "shtum" over what was discussed, the very last thing we need at this moment in time is more bloody secrecy. If there were "alternative" plans as to what was hinted at then what are they and what are they trying to hide?

If we go down we go down fighting the fans need to keep up the pressure on akkeron to change the plans. I've lost faith in the PASB more so now its been proven some are using it for political reasons rather than representing the clubs fans and some being influenced by a forum owner to ignore this place speaks volumes for some of them so are only hope is the trust and fan pressure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans   My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Take On Mr Brent & His Plans
Page 14 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14