Lord Tisdale
Czarcasm
Dane
Tgwu
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Peter Jones - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 8:50 am

Greenjock wrote:
"Everyone's pulling together".

feck off Webb you tw@t. How the feck is Jones pulling together by anonymously slating fans and players? Go on Mr president explain that.

Webb will do AMD say anything to protect his cosy little number, wanker.

How the feck is refusing to speak with the trust pulling together? If Royal Mail were refusing to even speak to the union you represent about a major issue would you release a statement saying everyone's pulling together? Of course you wouldn't so stop taking people for imbeciles.

Peter Jones has behaved like a cock and everyone knows it. If you're too snidey to speak the truth don't bother speaking at all, asshole.

It's so predictable these cnuts all appearing on Pasoti again to try and quell the discontent, people who post anonymously to attack other supporters all coming out and defending each other. Postey will be on soon with "Great post Chris, love you Chris" feck off the lot of you, and good luck with Argyle at 5-1 to beat Gillingham, there's more chance of Webb owning up to posting as Greenman and making threats. Coward still thinks people believe his shit? feckin deluded turncoat prick.

I see Jock's got out the right side of bed this morning.... lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 8:59 am

Pokesdown wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
"Everyone's pulling together".

feck off Webb you tw@t. How the feck is Jones pulling together by anonymously slating fans and players? Go on Mr president explain that.

Webb will do AMD say anything to protect his cosy little number, wanker.

How the feck is refusing to speak with the trust pulling together? If Royal Mail were refusing to even speak to the union you represent about a major issue would you release a statement saying everyone's pulling together? Of course you wouldn't so stop taking people for imbeciles.

Peter Jones has behaved like a cock and everyone knows it. If you're too snidey to speak the truth don't bother speaking at all, asshole.

It's so predictable these cnuts all appearing on Pasoti again to try and quell the discontent, people who post anonymously to attack other supporters all coming out and defending each other. Postey will be on soon with "Great post Chris, love you Chris" feck off the lot of you, and good luck with Argyle at 5-1 to beat Gillingham, there's more chance of Webb owning up to posting as Greenman and making threats. Coward still thinks people believe his shit? feckin deluded turncoat prick.

I see Jock's got out the right side of bed this morning.... lol! lol! lol!

Well, who does the idiot think he's fooling? Puts me right off my breakfast with his bullshit. "We're all pulling together" Yeah on each others cocks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 9:48 am

I like Gareth's phrase about playing the ball and not the man. I like even more John Llloyd's post from which I'd highlight:

"Part of the problem, as I see it, is that third aspect. The online community does seem to focus it's attention on individuals, rather than issues. True enough, it's individuals that make mistakes and they will deserve censure when they do.

But if they are part of a board, a group of people that have made a collective decision, then we need to address the policy and not the individual that expressed it.

Personalising these disputes may achieve a momentary sense of "it's better now, we've told him off", but it doesn't really change the landscape.

If you look at football clubs now, with the use of social media to amplify and accelerate "opinion", you'd need to be some sort of combination of Mother Teresa, Roman Abramovich, the Dalai Lama and Gandhi to maintain a positive public image.

It's almost impossible for an ordinary mortal to carry it off.
"

There is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that Peter Jones' actions in having a go at the Trust, making pointed comments about Purse and his instruction to someone with a contrary view to go & support Man U (is there any greater insult?) and all under the guise of an assumed identity were wrong. That doesn't make him the Evil One!

Bridges have to be rebuilt. Promises that were made have to be kept. A real engagement with the fans has to be pursued rather than the shoddy fiasco we have had so far. That's what the club & the Trust have to get right together and personality will have to be put aside in order to achieve that.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 9:53 am

John L has a point as normal. But you only have to listen to Peter Jones on GOS today about the Northampton match after Luggy left to see the ying and yang.

John is fortunate to have a dialogue with Peter Jones even about recent events. For us ordinary fans and ordinary Trust members in recent days Peter Jones has only treated us with a modicum of contempt.

Treat us to the same jaw-jaw as is afforded to John and The President and perhaps bridges can be built. As it is at the moment I can think of Peter Jones without thinking twonk.
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 10:03 am

Everyone's pulling together.

Urgh.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 10:09 am

*tug tug tug*
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 10:15 am

People like Jones and the others in Brent's inner circle think they are above criticism.

Pasoti has provided a safe haven for them to promote themselves and their desires. Anyone questioning was rounded upon by mods and all manner of 'mystery' posters. I don't think that situation has changed but they are at least allowing some criticism these days. They have to I suppose, as many intelligent long standing posters, regarded as moderates, have simply had enough of the nasty games these people play.

Of course, 'they' want it all to end and move on. For that to happen these people need to admit their deceptions first and then stop acting like theirs is the only opinion allowed, but they won't. So it will continue.They try to make light of their actions.They try to deflect attention by telling everyone to concentre on the team. They tell us repeatedly how much they've raised for charity and use bereavements and all manner of emotive subjects to garner support against those who challenge their controlling activities.

Sheridan and the team won't have a clue about the situation and frankly, won't care. It should go on until there is clearly and demonstrably honesty, openness and transparency, as promised. Anything less is a sham and merely buying time, so that it will all be forgotten.
Fortunately for the club and honest fans, it won't.

'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.'
George Orwell
English essayist, novelist, & satirist (1903 - 1950]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 11:32 am

knecht wrote:
I like Gareth's phrase about playing the ball and not the man. I like even more John Llloyd's post from which I'd highlight:

"Part of the problem, as I see it, is that third aspect. The online community does seem to focus it's attention on individuals, rather than issues. True enough, it's individuals that make mistakes and they will deserve censure when they do.

But if they are part of a board, a group of people that have made a collective decision, then we need to address the policy and not the individual that expressed it.

Personalising these disputes may achieve a momentary sense of "it's better now, we've told him off", but it doesn't really change the landscape.

If you look at football clubs now, with the use of social media to amplify and accelerate "opinion", you'd need to be some sort of combination of Mother Teresa, Roman Abramovich, the Dalai Lama and Gandhi to maintain a positive public image.

It's almost impossible for an ordinary mortal to carry it off.
"

There is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that Peter Jones' actions in having a go at the Trust, making pointed comments about Purse and his instruction to someone with a contrary view to go & support Man U (is there any greater insult?) and all under the guise of an assumed identity were wrong. That doesn't make him the Evil One!

Bridges have to be rebuilt. Promises that were made have to be kept. A real engagement with the fans has to be pursued rather than the shoddy fiasco we have had so far. That's what the club & the Trust have to get right together and personality will have to be put aside in order to achieve that.

You have to question the motive though and that may well make him an Evil One. - Why create such an account and why use it for personal shit slinging if it wasn't intended to cause hurt to someone?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 12:54 pm

You're right to say that I shouldn't be hearing any more or less than the rest of the fanbase, but I can't really help it if a number of the key players involved at Argyle choose to bend my ear when it seems appropriate to them to do so.

Hence my position on NDA's. Someone told me about the club's position on potentially severing contact with the Trust before the PASB meeting had even finished. I didn't ask for that information - it was presented to me.

Twas ever thus.

What I try to do with information of that nature, is to combine it with other inputs and try to make a synthesis of what may really be going on, without bias.

I speak to people on all sides of this debate and I try to avoid judgement and labelling and blanket dismissals when hearing their perspective.

People generally respond well to being listened to, before any critique of their position is presented.

They generally don't respond well to being caricatured and pigeon-holed. That's when the limpet mentality begins.

My overall advice to those on both sides of the AFT/Club difficulties is to ensure that they have a clear policy on communication - with each other and then onwards to the fanbase - and to stick to it. Trust will blossom if that is maintained.

The club, as a body, has allowed an information vacuum to build up that (often unfairly) portrays it as "not listening". It has all the cards in this game, while the Trust rather depends on the club to be on the other side of the table.

If neither party can figure out rules of the game that both can understand and stick to, then we've got a problem.

I see that a statement has now been issued, which suggests that the club is expecting an apology over the recent "leadership" communique and that the Trust is considering a response.

The sensible response, if I may suggest, is to concede that there was a temporary breakdown in mutual understanding of agreed protocols on public statements and to put this whole thing to bed.

Then get round the table and build that relationship up again.

The alternative? Talking to yourself.

And that's boring for everyone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 1:08 pm

That's assuming John, that those involved have a logical, honest, rational and an awareness of the opinions of others, unfortunately I really do not believe that one or two of those involved have those attributes thus making negotiating an impossible task.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 1:46 pm

For the club to require an apology is merely a continuation of the power-games. It isn't indicative of a club operating with open-ness & a wish to engage with the fans. Yet more loss of respect as far as I'm concerned.

My view is that the Trust comes up with an acceptably worded apology. They can cross their fingers as they're promising to behave better in future. That way the door remains open. Realistically the club holds the cards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 2:37 pm

It's really good that at least on forums there is some communication and debate over this, and that there are some well thought out and intelligent posts on the subject.

However mine won't be Very Happy

Did you know that an anagram of Peter Jones is Snidey Dimwitfucktard?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 2:42 pm

Greenjock wrote:
It's really good that at least on forums there is some communication and debate over this, and that there are some well thought out and intelligent posts on the subject.

However mine won't be Very Happy

Did you know that an anagram of Peter Jones is Snidey Dimwitfucktard?

Well you learn something everyday Jock!

Thanks for that. Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 2:50 pm

the couple of times ive met peter he comes across a a decent bloke,and the fact he looks like that hugh famliy wittington bloke of the telly is a bonus,,, Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 2:59 pm

tcm wrote:
the couple of times ive met peter he comes across a a decent bloke,and the fact he looks like that hugh famliy wittington bloke of the telly is a bonus,,, Very Happy

Why is looking like Hugh famliy wittington a bonus?
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 3:05 pm

2 for the price of one silly,,,,,
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 3:09 pm

I met peter Jones at the Atd q and a this time last year, when he told us all off because we should all be grateful that we still had a club and we should not ask questions or criticize the club. Now let me think what did peter do last week oh the very same thing. Nothing has changed with peter he does not like criticism from argyle fans.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:35 am

As I see it, if the Trust apologises, they will never be able to make a statement again without the club censoring it and deleting the parts they don't like.

Jesus Christ! An independent Fans Trust criticises the club for being rock bottom of the football league, the club throws it's teddy bears out of the pram and cries that it wants an apology.

If I hadn't read the Trust's statement with my own eyes, I would say the football world has gone stark raving mad. Then again, I keep turning up at Home Park, so that least one of us is around the bend.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 2:45 am

resign
resign
resign

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 7:13 am

No surrender.

Most decent Argyle fans will love the Trust for sticking to their guns and not bowing down to devious control freaks, whose idea of honesty, openness and transparency is a sham.
The Trust will grow and 'be there' ,. long after the wannabes and sellouts have left the building.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 7:34 am

Tringreen wrote:
No surrender.

Most decent Argyle fans will love the Trust for sticking to their guns and not bowing down to devious control freaks, whose idea of honesty, openness and transparency is a sham.
The Trust will grow and 'be there' ,. long after the wannabes and sellouts have left the building.

Totally Tringy, this is the stand that has to be made! They are now about to create the biggest ever split at the club, take your sides lads!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 8:37 am

Who else needs to be added to the list of shame?

Brent
Webb
Jones
Jamison
Hooper
Newell
Ian De Lar
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:27 am

GOB wrote:

Brent
Webb
Jones
Jamison
Hooper
Newell
Ian De Lar

Chadwick for being shite
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 4:55 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
I met peter Jones at the Atd q and a this time last year, when he told us all off because we should all be grateful that we still had a club and we should not ask questions or criticize the club. Now let me think what did peter do last week oh the very same thing. Nothing has changed with peter he does not like criticism from argyle fans.

The turd's another McCauley. The press and fans (not superfans - they have yet to have the op to remove them from Brent's arse) will be outside soon in cherry-pickers again if the criticism continues.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 4:56 pm

GOB wrote:

Brent
Webb
Jones
Jamison
Hooper
Newell
Ian De Lar

That'll do for starters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 Empty