swampy
Han Solos Other Ship
mouldyoldgoat
Mock Cuncher
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:01 am

There were more there yesterday than the last league game. The attendance yesterday was allegedly 5,881 but I don't think it was - there were big gaps in the crowd and I didn't see anyone around me that I didn't recognise (apart from sensiblegreeny who decided to bring a pair of ladies sunglasses with him). Maybe they're counting the people on the muriels.

Some of those comments on pasoti are quite harsh. York weren't that terrible in comparison to some of the other teams I've seen this season (including us). We won the midfield battle very early in the game; Molesley and Young were both winning balls, Cown-Hall looked a constant threat and Gurrieri had a decent first half. Griffiths on his own up front worked yesterday as players tried to get beyond him and their centre half hardly won anything in the air against him and Griffiths did link up with other players this time. We looked tired after about 70 minutes which was worrying and we got the second goal when we needed to. Looking at the stats, York didn't have too many shots and the one on target they had was a back pass from a corner. We had 17 on goal and only 2 on target and we were shooting from distance most of the time. We had two stonewall penalties turned down, both in the first half and we could have gone in 3-0 up.

For once, we thoroughly deserved to win and the players did 'work their socks off' this time.

It wasn't a hideous game to watch, it wasn't awful either - neither team are likely to win this league at any time in the future but it was a decent game. I didn't sit there thinking 'what am I doing here?' like I have recently. Fair play to the York fans too who travelled 20 hours to watch the game - that's quite something.

There was a brief "One Carl Fletcher" chant but it felt quite out of place and I'm sure Mr Fletcher felt a bit embarrassed by that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:50 am

hairy j wrote:
There were more there yesterday than the last league game. The attendance yesterday was allegedly 5,881 but I don't think it was - there were big gaps in the crowd and I didn't see anyone around me that I didn't recognise (apart from sensiblegreeny who decided to bring a pair of ladies sunglasses with him). Maybe they're counting the people on the muriels.

Some of those comments on pasoti are quite harsh. York weren't that terrible in comparison to some of the other teams I've seen this season (including us). We won the midfield battle very early in the game; Molesley and Young were both winning balls, Cown-Hall looked a constant threat and Gurrieri had a decent first half. Griffiths on his own up front worked yesterday as players tried to get beyond him and their centre half hardly won anything in the air against him and Griffiths did link up with other players this time. We looked tired after about 70 minutes which was worrying and we got the second goal when we needed to. Looking at the stats, York didn't have too many shots and the one on target they had was a back pass from a corner. We had 17 on goal and only 2 on target and we were shooting from distance most of the time. We had two stonewall penalties turned down, both in the first half and we could have gone in 3-0 up.

For once, we thoroughly deserved to win and the players did 'work their socks off' this time.

It wasn't a hideous game to watch, it wasn't awful either - neither team are likely to win this league at any time in the future but it was a decent game. I didn't sit there thinking 'what am I doing here?' like I have recently. Fair play to the York fans too who travelled 20 hours to watch the game - that's quite something.

There was a brief "One Carl Fletcher" chant but it felt quite out of place and I'm sure Mr Fletcher felt a bit embarrassed by that.

And i bet that came from Forza Nerd....i also heard the were chanting about fans leaving early.....when will those fuckwits ever learn.

Aviva till the end
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:58 am

No fire resistant 'Fletcher Out' banners then ?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:58 am

hairy j wrote:

There was a brief "One Carl Fletcher" chant

Un - f***ung-believable. What is wrong with these stupid nerds!!!?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 9:04 am

We actually won a match..WTF?

Interesting to see that pasoti is becoming more freakish than ATD and when do they decide to finally get a bit angry about things?....Days before the world is due to end, typical!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 9:20 am

Freathy wrote:
hairy j wrote:

There was a brief "One Carl Fletcher" chant

Un - f***ung-believable. What is wrong with these stupid nerds!!!?

Self-parody ?

Thinking about it, maybe not cat

The Life of Brian sums it up nicely. Maybe Brian was Brian Green.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 9:50 am

It was brief and it came from the Forza Verde end - there were two. The first one was very quiet and brought bemusement from most people around that area and some stifled laughter. The second one though was loud enough for Carl Fletcher to notice as he raised his hand. The boos when Chadwick came on were louder though.

It would have been a bit strange for Fletcher Out chants to be sung/shouted when we won 2-0 at home and the team did put an awful lot of effort into winning that game. I want him to go and I don't see this as a new dawn - our last 10 games are scary in terms of form - but it would have been odd to boo the team off/boo Fletcher when we won.

One good thing I saw yesterday from Fletcher was that Chadwick was trotting back from offside positions at first and this meant he was inactive at least twice - Fletcher gave him an absolute bollocking and Chadwick took notice. Fletcher must be under pressure as he was very much animated yesterday and didn't spend much time sat down.

Last edited by hairy j on Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 9:52 am

Greenjock wrote:
He's just served his ban. Keep up fella's #gloryhuntingplasticsdon'tevenknowtheteam

I thought that it was a three game ban for violent conduct, obviously one game then?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 9:55 am

Iggy wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
He's just served his ban. Keep up fella's #gloryhuntingplasticsdon'tevenknowtheteam

I thought that it was a three game ban for violent conduct, obviously one game then?

He missed three. Bradford, Chesterfield and Oxford Utd in the JPT.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 9:55 am

Cheers for the reports.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 10:17 am

hairy j wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Doesn't time fly when you are having fun!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 10:37 am

Sat in block 2 did'nt see any Fletcher Out t-shirts, I did take a couple of home made Brent Out/Fletcher Out cards but resorted to several shouts of Fletcher Out at various points of the game, which people clearly heard but did not respond to compared to being told to flip off at other games.
*on PASOTI there is a post telling how to get a FLETCHER OUT t shirt. cheers

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 10:42 am

hairy j wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Yeah Iggy. Stick that in yer one game ban pipe and smoke it Very Happy

So from all the reports I've read and the commentary I listened to I have been able to deduce that Argyle were by far the best team, were marginally better than the worst team ever to visit Home Park, that Argyle took the game by the scruff of the neck, that we scored a lucky opener and then sat back on the lead towards the end and were lucky to get the second.

There were 5800 fans at the game, the attendance was spectacularly low.

Purse was outstanding and commanded the defence, that Purse had an error strewn game, Bhasera stood out as class, Bhasera is our defensive weakness. Purse is transfer listed to save money, Purse is retiring to challenge the Klitschko brothers both together in a heavyweight title fight.

The back four were superb and this should be our regular back four, the back four were Ok but we missed Berry.

Griffiths is like a pinball machine and couldn't trap a bag of cement, Griffiths was much improved and played the lone striker role perfectly.

PCH missed an absolute sitter and all he had to do was head the ball into an empty net, PCH made a decent chance for himself but the ball wouldn't come down for him from a tight angle.

Purse was MOM, Hourihane was MOM, Young was MOM, PCH was MOM, Gurrieri was MOM.

You have to queue for 15 minutes to get a pasty at half-time, you should be able to go 2 hours without food you fat bastards.

York have an excellent away record, York had only won 1 game in the last 8.

There was a Fletcher Out t-shirt and sock waving protest, no-one protested about Fletcher except a half hearted shout of Fletcher Out before the first goal.

Yorks manager deserves to be shot for losing to a dogshit team like Argyle, and finally we worked our socks off.

The PASB is going to be an open and transparent link between the board and the fans, Brent doesn't want the fans to know the details of the PASB meetings.

That about clears it all up for anyone who wasn't there I think.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 10:48 am

The atmosphere was very muted even when we scored there was the usual three dozen "real fans" in block 3 and the drummer boy chanting inanely, but no flags or jester hats or goons waving flags on the pitch, at least that was better.
Terrible game - York appeared to be adopting a could'nt be assed attitude to the game. The only good performances Mosely, Young and Guerri, Cowan -Hall apart from his miss of the season. We are STILL 3 pts off the bottom, City next Sat could put us in the drop zone - oh the irony! cheers
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 10:53 am

Yeah I listened to the commentary by Steve Davey and the other guy, while watching "the action" could only think they must have dropped some acid after trying to buy their pasty, given their comments.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 11:03 am

Argyle dominated yesterday from start to finish and thoroughly deserved the win. We should have had 2 first half penalties for sure and appalling though PCH's open goal miss was he had done brilliantly to create the chance for himself out of nothing. The own goal was well deserved and if their bloke hadn't scored it we had loads of players there to tap it in and Luke Young's (who played well throughout as did Nelson behind him) corner was excellent. His mistake was allowing the ball to drop when he could have headed it in more easily. It's fair to say that York were crap but we didn't give them a sniff. Credit to all concerned. It is also fair to say that one result isn't enough but it just might be a start. It's obvious Fletcher is not going to be sacked because if he was he would have been by now so we have little option other than to get behind him.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 12:34 pm

This playing a lone striker at home, in fact at all really grips my shit. Argyle are in the entertainment business at least try and entertain us by playing two strikers up front not an isolated semi pro, Griffiths is new to the professional game he needs support.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 3:07 pm

I just think people miss the point of which league we are in. If compared to the Premiership this was a bit crap. If compared to the Championship then it was also a bit crap. Compared to the league one it was average. However in league two it was an ok game because the standard is not there to start with. Even the teams at the top are only average sides but clearly better than most others. You will only ever get a good game judged by the standard of player on show rather than comparison to other higher leagues.

I'm not looking at the game through any green tinted glasses and suddenly thinking Argyle are show stoppers. I don't give much credit to Fletcher either for the result. But, if you are going to judge a game and the way Argyle played in every match they lose then by that same token you should judge this one. In this one they were well worth their 3 points. Next week they may well play crap again and it will be fair enough to say so. All you can ask of your team is that they play well enough to keep you awake and win a match in this league because it is a poor division throughout. There is plenty to be negative about without trying to find it in a win for the sake of it.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 3:42 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I just think people miss the point of which league we are in. If compared to the Premiership this was a bit crap. If compared to the Championship then it was also a bit crap. Compared to the league one it was average. However in league two it was an ok game because the standard is not there to start with. Even the teams at the top are only average sides but clearly better than most others. You will only ever get a good game judged by the standard of player on show rather than comparison to other higher leagues.

I'm not looking at the game through any green tinted glasses and suddenly thinking Argyle are show stoppers. I don't give much credit to Fletcher either for the result. But, if you are going to judge a game and the way Argyle played in every match they lose then by that same token you should judge this one. In this one they were well worth their 3 points. Next week they may well play crap again and it will be fair enough to say so. All you can ask of your team is that they play well enough to keep you awake and win a match in this league because it is a poor division throughout. There is plenty to be negative about without trying to find it in a win for the sake of it.

No you watched it through Ladies sunglasses Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 4:26 pm

I didn't actually. I picked up a pair of sunglasses quickly before leaving home because it was sunny and the sun where I sit is a pain in the arse being very low and shinning through the gap in the stands. Didn't even notice they were erm......ladies glasses until I took them out of my pocket. Fortunately the sun went behind the stand just in time for kick off so I did'nt put them on. If the sun hadn't gone though I would have rather than not be able to see. My son of course had to point out the glasses gender because that's what son's do. Bless him. He on the other hand wears ladies underwear but far be it for me to spread this about so keep it to yourself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 7:45 pm

So it's actually Mary J.

I believe Argyle deserved to win, I haven't seen anyone dispute that. They dominated a piss poor York side who had won only one of their last eight games.

It's about time we dominated a game, especially at home. Now hopefully another club will prise Fletcher away from us and pay us compensation for our tragic loss.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:38 pm

Hold don't breath your (re-arrange into a well known phrase or saying) jock. It ain't happening no matter how much we wail or pray.

How stupid is football though. I thought Argyle dominated Chesterfield far more than York and we lost. I also thought York were at least as good as Chesterfield. Funny old game as they say.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 12:34 am

Greenjock wrote:
Doesn't change anything much for me with my views on Fletcher though. I still don't think he's up to the job and I fear for us next week as Exeter appear to be streets ahead of us at the moment...

If the game was away (from our point of view) I'd be rubbing my hands in anticipation of handing out a spanking. We even dominated Cheltenham for long periods, as bizarre as it may sound given the score (even some of their own fans admitted it was a bizarre game and the result was odd, given the fact we had over 60% possession, were a "joy to watch" and had more shots and more clear chances).

However at home we give away bizarre goals for a laugh - and either play well and can't get the win, or play inexplicably horrifically and lose. The three worst performances I've seen this season were all at SJP. In descending order - Chesterfield, AFC Wimbledon in the first half and us against Chesterfield.

A draw would do me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:42 am

jabba the gut ecfc wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Doesn't change anything much for me with my views on Fletcher though. I still don't think he's up to the job and I fear for us next week as Exeter appear to be streets ahead of us at the moment...

If the game was away (from our point of view) I'd be rubbing my hands in anticipation of handing out a spanking. We even dominated Cheltenham for long periods, as bizarre as it may sound given the score (even some of their own fans admitted it was a bizarre game and the result was odd, given the fact we had over 60% possession, were a "joy to watch" and had more shots and more clear chances).

However at home we give away bizarre goals for a laugh - and either play well and can't get the win, or play inexplicably horrifically and lose. The three worst performances I've seen this season were all at SJP. In descending order - Chesterfield, AFC Wimbledon in the first half and us against Chesterfield.

A draw would do me.

Ok then. You can have a draw as it's xmas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 9:12 am

Yes let's have a draw, first prize a pork roasting joint, second prize Carl Fletcher.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argo vs York - Match Thread
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next