mouldyoldgoat
Mock Cuncher
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Freathy

Freathy

Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 5:53 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Jon L wrote:
Getting near a transfer window, all the useless feckers will start trying harder now

Good point, actually.

No Argyle player will be wanted by any league clubs
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 6:18 pm

Freathy wrote:
York manager's got to be sacked for this. Losing to clueless and conceding a chadwick goal - both sackable offences.

lol! Well merited win for Argyle over a frankly awful York side,can't remember Gilmartin having to make a single save worthy of the name.At least the old failing of surrendering a lead to poor sides was absent today and Argyle managed to build on it for a change-i was pleased for old Chadders actually,even though i don't think he should still be at the club-he would seem to be a bit of a scapegoat for all the deep rooted weaknesses that have plagued the team this season.Argyle are not out of the woods by any means though-York were dire and it remains to be seen if this was due to a genuine improvement by Argyle or whether they are genuine dog crap.Thought Young and Moseley did well today, PCH was good,Griffiths was better,back 4 solid but under no real pressure throughout.As others have said,looking at things cynically,it was Purse's best game of the season today and getting nearer to January all the time-must admit that dark thoughts crossed my mind,hopefully they are wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 6:30 pm

Feel free to have dark thoughts GS.... there has obviously been trouble somewhere at HP.
Far worse things were said by some at the club about Seip and his supposedly throwing matches.
Things go on, football has personal agendas, it's not always about the spirit of Corinth, in fact, hardly at all.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 6:35 pm

Law of averages that we'll catch a team on their off day every now and then. It's why I predicted a win in the forecasts.

Will need to win 4/5 like that in a row before anything changes in the bigger picture.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 6:37 pm

Typical Argyle. I decide not to go and they go and win.

Glad for the 3 points though,for what it's worth....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 8:41 pm

Bleddy 'Ell must be Christmas! 3 points, a clean sheet and even a Chadwick goal!

We needed that badly to avoid getting cut adrift with 5 or 6 teams towards the bottom. By all accounts York were awful but I doubt any one of our opponents fans have bothered about that when they've just beaten us.

Doesn't change anything much for me with my views on Fletcher though. I still don't think he's up to the job and I fear for us next week as Exeter appear to be streets ahead of us at the moment.

The crowd given was a lot higher than I thought it would be scratch higher than our last home league game? I would have been confident of the attendance being a lot less than what has been given.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 8:57 pm

This is just pro-longing the agony.
We are still shite and Fletcher is still clueless.
Papering over the cracks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:03 pm

Dougie wrote:
Quote :
Pch open goal

Slices wide

Wrong kind of socks perhaps

Open goal in that he was on an angle, the ball was looping over his right shoulder, he was off balance and I would have been impressed if Rooney put that one away. He also made the chance himself by chasing down the centre half. It wasn't exactly an open goal.

Did OK today and beat an average team - nothing spectacular. If we had beaten average teams at home this season like we did today, we'd be near the top of the league.

I still want Fletcher out though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:19 pm

hairy j wrote:
Dougie wrote:
Quote :
Pch open goal

Slices wide

Wrong kind of socks perhaps

Open goal in that he was on an angle, the ball was looping over his right shoulder, he was off balance and I would have been impressed if Rooney put that one away. He also made the chance himself by chasing down the centre half. It wasn't exactly an open goal.

Did OK today and beat an average team - nothing spectacular. If we had beaten average teams at home this season like we did today, we'd be near the top of the league.

I still want Fletcher out though.

The Player commentators said it was the worst miss they had seen in the flesh. Steve Daly? Davey? was also pretty scathing about Griffiths and his lack of touch and control. He did say that when he won balls in the air they usually found a team mate though.

So Madjo is out of favour and his loan must be about up, Griffiths is a donkey and Macca's loan is up. That leaves Mr Goal Chadwick and Feeney as our only experienced strikers of any note for a while and even if we do buy Macdonald in January, he's hardly prolific. I still don't know how we are going to score enough goals to get out of the relegation battle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:36 pm

I find it quite amusing reading this thread. Build up full of doom and gloom. Not that surprising there though if honest. Gradually decends into we won because they were bad as the only possible reason for a win against all the odds. Oh how gauling it must be for the majority on here.

I've seen worse teams than York who have one of the best away records in the league so far this season. We have lost to worse teams, Chesterfield to name but one. Today was actually a decent squad performance pretty much across the park. Defence was untroubled because they played well as a unit and if I'm honest it is probably the best overall line up defensively this season despite the absence of Berry who I rate as one of our best. The win was no fluke as some would like to suggest. There again laws of averages says we are bound to win one or two matches so that must explain it. Can't possibly be any credit to the players.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:42 pm

I wore my long johns today and I think that's the reason. Forze Verde in long johns for the rest of the season... we'll get into the play offs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:50 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I find it quite amusing reading this thread. Build up full of doom and gloom. Not that surprising there though if honest. Gradually decends into we won because they were bad as the only possible reason for a win against all the odds. Oh how gauling it must be for the majority on here.

I've seen worse teams than York who have one of the best away records in the league so far this season. We have lost to worse teams, Chesterfield to name but one. Today was actually a decent squad performance pretty much across the park. Defence was untroubled because they played well as a unit and if I'm honest it is probably the best overall line up defensively this season despite the absence of Berry who I rate as one of our best. The win was no fluke as some would like to suggest. There again laws of averages says we are bound to win one or two matches so that must explain it. Can't possibly be any credit to the players.

York did have a really good away record I'll give you that, but every report I've seen and the commentary on Player were all less than complimentary towards York's performance. You could argue that Argyle played so well and Fletcher's tactics were so good that York were'nt able to play their usual game, or you could say that they were shit today.

I don't think they even had an attempt at goal in the whole 90 minutes so I'll take that as indicative of how crap they were because if Fletcher's tactics were so spot on, and the team played so well, why the feck are we languishing at the wrong end of the table?

Last edited by Greenjock on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:59 pm

Our midfield in the first half were good - we bossed it and won every 50/50 and didn't give them any room. We pressured them when they had the ball. Argyle looked knackered in the second half though.

It was OK but not great.

There were two penalties we should have been given too - one where Cowan-Hall was challenged head high and the second where their centre half belly flopped on Purse's head.

It was a comfortable win.

I still want Fletcher to go though. I think this is just a brief respite.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 10:05 pm

Thank feck we won it, a little breathing space, would rather see us win than lose any day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 10:06 pm

Anyhoos what happened to Purse being banned, or did I dream that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 10:15 pm

Nothing in my post above to say that Fletcher had any bearing on matters Jock. Never said York were the greatest either just that I've seen a lot worse and we've lost to them. It was, in my opinion, a half decent game with a half decent performance right across the team today. I could lie of course just to keep the ATD masses happy in their disbelief of a victory if that would be better. You could of course look at it that the clean sheet was because the defence were very good today rather than York being bereft of any threat. i.e they were as good in front of goal as allowed to be. It is never going to be fantastic football from ANY side in this league. Some are made to look pretty decent by the poor opposition but generally they are all poor standard with some just being poorer than others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 10:19 pm

Soooo, has Purse had his ban overturned?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 10:30 pm

Iggy wrote:
Soooo, has Purse had his ban overturned?

He wasn't ever banned. He's on the transfer list.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 10:38 pm

Wasn't he sent off?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 11:05 pm

He's just served his ban. Keep up fella's #gloryhuntingplasticsdon'tevenknowtheteam
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 11:10 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Nothing in my post above to say that Fletcher had any bearing on matters Jock. Never said York were the greatest either just that I've seen a lot worse and we've lost to them. It was, in my opinion, a half decent game with a half decent performance right across the team today. I could lie of course just to keep the ATD masses happy in their disbelief of a victory if that would be better. You could of course look at it that the clean sheet was because the defence were very good today rather than York being bereft of any threat. i.e they were as good in front of goal as allowed to be. It is never going to be fantastic football from ANY side in this league. Some are made to look pretty decent by the poor opposition but generally they are all poor standard with some just being poorer than others.

I don't want to argue with you Sensible, i'm too tired. I will say that we probably only did win because York were so poor, but we won so on to Shitty next week. Of course by then Fletcher will have had a few days guidance from Colin Lee so it should be a stunning away victory Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 11:19 pm

A feckin Jock who doesn't want to argue on a Saturday night for feck sake. What is this world coming to. I wasn't actually arguing anyway just saying as I saw is all.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 11:25 pm

Greenjock wrote:
He's just served his ban. Keep up fella's #gloryhuntingplasticsdon'tevenknowtheteam

drunken

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 11:30 pm

Some comments from the Brief Synopsis thread on Pasoti.

York were poor, very poor

make no mistake York were one of the worst teams I've ever seen at HP

All things considered it was an awful match played by two teams that looked clueless, York were amongst the worst I've ever seen at home park and there forwards were non existent in an attacking sense I doubt Purse or Blanchard will ever have an easier afternoon

I was at the awful game, clinging gratefully on to three welcome points against a very poor side

York were definitely the worst team to visit Home Park this season and offered hardly anything going forward

York were pretty poor and didn't create much or put us under any sort of pressure

[i]i am pleased to get three points in what was a hideous game to watch.york were abysmal and the scoreline reflects our marginal superiority

i am pleased to get three points in what was a hideous game to watch.york were abysmal and the scoreline reflects our marginal superiority

There are plenty more like this littered on different threads but like I said it could be that Argyle stifled York to the point that they were totally ineffective.

A few comments about the size of the crowd today as well. I still find it hard to believe that more people actually attended today than at our last home league game scratch
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 7:38 am

Greenjock wrote:
Some comments from the Brief Synopsis thread on Pasoti.

York were poor, very poor

make no mistake York were one of the worst teams I've ever seen at HP

All things considered it was an awful match played by two teams that looked clueless, York were amongst the worst I've ever seen at home park and there forwards were non existent in an attacking sense I doubt Purse or Blanchard will ever have an easier afternoon

I was at the awful game, clinging gratefully on to three welcome points against a very poor side

York were definitely the worst team to visit Home Park this season and offered hardly anything going forward

York were pretty poor and didn't create much or put us under any sort of pressure

[i]i am pleased to get three points in what was a hideous game to watch.york were abysmal and the scoreline reflects our marginal superiority

i am pleased to get three points in what was a hideous game to watch.york were abysmal and the scoreline reflects our marginal superiority

There are plenty more like this littered on different threads but like I said it could be that Argyle stifled York to the point that they were totally ineffective.

A few comments about the size of the crowd today as well. I still find it hard to believe that more people actually attended today than at our last home league game scratch

Piffle all of it! I'm with SG! Clearly we won because clueless's tactical genious outwitted by far the best team in all 4 divsions. And clueless's phone is now ringing off the hook with calls from prem and championship managers enquiring after chadwick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argo vs York - Match Thread   Argo vs York - Match Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argo vs York - Match Thread
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next