Tringreen
Greenskin
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Another vomit inducing match on telly Empty
PostSubject: Another vomit inducing match on telly   Another vomit inducing match on telly EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 9:32 pm

Cardiff just gone 4-1 up at Blackburn,Joe Mason scored a peach,Noone starring throughout.Jesus wept.Nothing against the two players,it just induces a gnawing knot of hatred in my stomach for all of the twats who have brought our club to its knees,especially when you think what might have been.Will we ever learn the lessons though? I fear not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another vomit inducing match on telly   Another vomit inducing match on telly EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 10:11 pm

Cardiff probably heading for the Premier League. Don't suppose we negotiated any add-ons with either Mason's or Noone's pittance of a transfer? No? Thought not.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Another vomit inducing match on telly   Another vomit inducing match on telly EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 12:02 am

Greenskin wrote:
Cardiff just gone 4-1 up at Blackburn,Joe Mason scored a peach,Noone starring throughout.Jesus wept.Nothing against the two players,it just induces a gnawing knot of hatred in my stomach for all of the twats who have brought our club to its knees,especially when you think what might have been.Will we ever learn the lessons though? I fear not.

Get yerself down to an Avivafest janner ! We're not fer larnin but we're bleddy good at bucket rattlin ! jocolor No
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Another vomit inducing match on telly   Another vomit inducing match on telly EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 5:51 am

Greenjock wrote:
Cardiff probably heading for the Premier League. Don't suppose we negotiated any add-ons with either Mason's or Noone's pittance of a transfer? No? Thought not.

I think you'll find that the Riddler spent many sleepless nights trawling his extensive contacts list in a heroic attempt to find someone willing to buy good players at a giveaway price. Just be thankful that he succeeded in his herculean task just in time to save your club and don't sound so ungrateful with your impertinent questions. Just remember how the Reluctant Bidder praised his efforts and you too will experience the epiphany of the Truth, the Way and the One True Light. (How the "Love Brent/Hate the Riddler" faction square that particular circle is a mystery to me, but to be honest nothing surprises me about some elements of your support anymore).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another vomit inducing match on telly   Another vomit inducing match on telly EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 8:15 am

Tringreen wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Get yerself down to an Avivafest janner ! We're not fer larnin but we're bleddy good at bucket rattlin ! jocolor No

Those Nerd Fests are the emiptome of why this club has never/will never achieve anything unless restructure from top till bottom happens, part of that re-structure should be someone with vision and true footballing ambition coming in and showing Brent the door ......until that belated day nothing ever will change im afraid.
The "superfans" and bucket rattlers would be cast into oblivion once and for all, Forza Nerd disbanded, the giant flags and banners disposed off in the nearest skip,the mural of Purse painted over...the fan fests would be no-more, all those tentacles of failure, Villageness, Avivaness, and small time cleansed from the club, never again to emerge.

We live in vain hope
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another vomit inducing match on telly   Another vomit inducing match on telly EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 8:44 am

Punchie and Tring hijack yet another thread with criticism of the Fan Fests. Personally, I wouldn't go to one as its not my thing but what really is the issue with them? There's a tent that the club used for hospitality when we were in a higher league and when hospitality was a part of the pre-match routine at Argyle. That simply disappeared once the relegations and admin happened and rather than have a disused tent at the back of the Grandstand, some people got together and made use of it. How you can criticise it is beyond me... I think though it's the people that go there that Punchie and Tring have issues with rather than people enjoying themselves before they watch a Home Game.

Mason's goal was very well taken and although it's pretty depressing seeing young players that have left achieving and fulfilling their potential with other clubs, it's nice to think we had a part in developing them.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Another vomit inducing match on telly   Another vomit inducing match on telly EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:41 am

jabba the gut ecfc wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

I think you'll find that the Riddler spent many sleepless nights trawling his extensive contacts list in a heroic attempt to find someone willing to buy good players at a giveaway price. Just be thankful that he succeeded in his herculean task just in time to save your club and don't sound so ungrateful with your impertinent questions. Just remember how the Reluctant Bidder praised his efforts and you too will experience the epiphany of the Truth, the Way and the One True Light. (How the "Love Brent/Hate the Riddler" faction square that particular circle is a mystery to me, but to be honest nothing surprises me about some elements of your support anymore).

It isn't as black and white as that. Many of the fanatical brentophiles today did more than their share of fawning over the "hard working gentleman" as he sold off the last remaining quality we had for next to nothing. And before that they were telling us to "trust in stapes".
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Another vomit inducing match on telly   Another vomit inducing match on telly EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:48 am

hairy j wrote:
Punchie and Tring hijack yet another thread with criticism of the Fan Fests. Personally, I wouldn't go to one as its not my thing but what really is the issue with them? There's a tent that the club used for hospitality when we were in a higher league and when hospitality was a part of the pre-match routine at Argyle. That simply disappeared once the relegations and admin happened and rather than have a disused tent at the back of the Grandstand, some people got together and made use of it. How you can criticise it is beyond me... I think though it's the people that go there that Punchie and Tring have issues with rather than people enjoying themselves before they watch a Home Game.

Mason's goal was very well taken and although it's pretty depressing seeing young players that have left achieving and fulfilling their potential with other clubs, it's nice to think we had a part in developing them.

Although admittedly, an increasing number of us have issues with a few of the 'biggest' and most devious characters in this whole sorry story of stinking control freaks..........................

I think you've missed the point again. Small minded, self promoting parochiality , is what the club is clearly all about these days. How village.

Jeez..........even Sue Buckets appears to have had a makeover !

Aviva chose wisely...........innum ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another vomit inducing match on telly   Another vomit inducing match on telly EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 11:14 am

I haven't missed the point. Do you visit a local school when they are having their summer fete and tip over the jam stalls as they display 'home made' preserves? That's essentially what you are criticising. People are simply making use of something that isn't being used and enjoying themselves.

People keep getting accused of missing the point Tring when they call you out on your ludicrous and repetitive codswallop - perhaps you might try explaining yourself a little better, be discursive and climb over the fence of your turgid and circular semantic field.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Another vomit inducing match on telly   Another vomit inducing match on telly EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 11:17 am

hairy j wrote:

Yep, I can't wait to cream my pants if Copp makes it at another league club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another vomit inducing match on telly   Another vomit inducing match on telly EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 11:18 am

He's local, he's a footballer and he's playing at a very good standard and excelling at his club - that's good to see if you are a fan of football - regardless of where he came from. Noone especially in that respect as he was hammering nails into people's support beams not so long ago.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Another vomit inducing match on telly   Another vomit inducing match on telly EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 11:25 am

Actually agree with you on Noone and Mason, we had no choice on them leaving. Copp we did, don't understand why Fletcher gave him a 6 month contract and then brought in loanee after loanee who often didn't play anyway.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Another vomit inducing match on telly   Another vomit inducing match on telly EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 2:15 pm

Greenskin wrote:

We got Plymouth prices though! And no, we won't learn the lessons. We haven't so far and there's no indication that the current owner is learning anything.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Another vomit inducing match on telly   Another vomit inducing match on telly EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 6:09 pm

hairy j wrote:
I haven't missed the point. Do you visit a local school when they are having their summer fete and tip over the jam stalls as they display 'home made' preserves? That's essentially what you are criticising. People are simply making use of something that isn't being used and enjoying themselves.

People keep getting accused of missing the point Tring when they call you out on your ludicrous and repetitive codswallop - perhaps you might try explaining yourself a little better, be discursive and climb over the fence of your turgid and circular semantic field.

I'm always right, dear boy Laughing Did you go to bed with a dictionary last night ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another vomit inducing match on telly   Another vomit inducing match on telly EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:04 pm

Tringreen wrote:
hairy j wrote:

I'm always right, dear boy Laughing Did you go to bed with a dictionary last night ?

You can't troll a troll.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Another vomit inducing match on telly   Another vomit inducing match on telly EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:19 pm

hairy j wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
hairy j wrote:

You can't troll a troll.

Then stop trying!

Anyway he is not a troll he is Mystic Tring, the thingy from Tringy! (I couldn't think of anything to go with Cyprus!) Shocked Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another vomit inducing match on telly   Another vomit inducing match on telly EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:23 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
hairy j wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
hairy j wrote:

You can't troll a troll.

Then stop trying!

Anyway he is not a troll he is Mystic Tring, the thingy from Tringy! (I couldn't think of anything to go with Cyprus!) Shocked Very Happy

The slapper from Ayia Napa? The troll from Limassol? The future seer from Nicosia?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Another vomit inducing match on telly   Another vomit inducing match on telly EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:29 pm

I would never say anything like that Jock because....
1) He is bigger than me and
2) errr he's scarier than me! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Another vomit inducing match on telly   Another vomit inducing match on telly EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:32 pm

The gut buster from Famagusta.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another vomit inducing match on telly   Another vomit inducing match on telly EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:45 pm

He doesn't live in Sri Lanka so I won't join in with this.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Another vomit inducing match on telly   Another vomit inducing match on telly EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:36 am

Freathy wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

It isn't as black and white as that. Many of the fanatical brentophiles today did more than their share of fawning over the "hard working gentleman" as he sold off the last remaining quality we had for next to nothing. And before that they were telling us to "trust in stapes".

???

I agree. I said that much in my somewhat verbose essay on Brent on Pasoti. "A rush to anoint one messiah after another" were the words I think I used

BTW, didn't someone once claim that The Riddler's and the Reluctant Bidder's paths once crossed?

Did you ever find out who was behind BIL BTW? Might have been fun trading the possibly byzantine threads back to their source.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Another vomit inducing match on telly   Another vomit inducing match on telly EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:46 am

punchdrunk wrote:

Those Nerd Fests are the emiptome of why this club has never/will never achieve anything unless restructure from top till bottom happens, part of that re-structure should be someone with vision and true footballing ambition coming in and showing Brent the door ......until that belated day nothing ever will change im afraid.
The "superfans" and bucket rattlers would be cast into oblivion once and for all, Forza Nerd disbanded, the giant flags and banners disposed off in the nearest skip,the mural of Purse painted over...the fan fests would be no-more, all those tentacles of failure, Villageness, Avivaness, and small time cleansed from the club, never again to emerge.

We live in vain hope

It strikes me that with the size of your fanbase, there must be some that match your description among that number. I guess when even your own self-appointed leaders seem to be against fan ownership and appear to believe that the best place to find integrity is in a former senior executive of one of one of the most venal, amoral and avaricious organisations you could ever wish to be shafted by, I guess ownership by those you can really trust (i.e your own fans) would be a non-starter.

A Shame really.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another vomit inducing match on telly   Another vomit inducing match on telly EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 7:27 am

Freathy wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

???

I agree. I said that much in my somewhat verbose essay on Brent on Pasoti. "A rush to anoint one messiah after another" were the words I think I used

BTW, didn't someone once claim that The Riddler's and the Reluctant Bidder's paths once crossed?

Did you ever find out who was behind BIL BTW? Might have been fun trading the possibly byzantine threads back to their source.

Interesting theory there JAB, Riddler was always linked to someone at Citibank in NY...... just wondering.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Another vomit inducing match on telly   Another vomit inducing match on telly EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 8:17 am

I remember a seemingly knowledgeable Cardiff fan posted a whole load of stuff on Pasoti warning us about the riddler. The story goes when the Riddler was at Cardiff he claimed to be talking to a "US investor" which later only transpired was just a Citibank employee.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another vomit inducing match on telly   Another vomit inducing match on telly EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 8:24 am

Freathy wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

???

There were a small percentage of us hat were asking the questions of the reluctant bidder, unfortunately we were shouted down by people who had actually met the new messiah, we had e-mails from prominent superfans threatening and pleading with us to stop our questioning because we were not helping with the saving of the club! Foresight, despite popular belief post Brent was not only held by city fans and Tringy there were quite a few of us not ready to annoint another messiah until he had proved himself. As for Riddler I always thought he was waiting in the wings for first BIL then Brent to hand him the keys to he he boardroom, I think Brenty outplayed him. To clear all the smoke and mirrors away from Argyles latest episode will probably take longer than finding the truth about Lord Lucan. The thing is now, does it all really matter? More important is to get the club out from under he burden of debt and Brent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another vomit inducing match on telly   Another vomit inducing match on telly Empty

Back to top Go down

Another vomit inducing match on telly
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next