jabba the gut ecfc
Tringreen
Greenskin
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jabba the gut ecfc

Another vomit inducing match on telly - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another vomit inducing match on telly   Another vomit inducing match on telly - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 12:11 am

Freathy wrote:
I remember a seemingly knowledgeable Cardiff fan posted a whole load of stuff on Pasoti warning us about the riddler. The story goes when the Riddler was at Cardiff he claimed to be talking to a "US investor" which later only transpired was just a Citibank employee.

Specifically CitiBank or an individual from some part of CitiGroup? Did he say what he meant by "employee"?

I guess it's easy to be seduced down the route of outlandish conspiracies when there's little clear information to fill in the gaps in cases like the murky story of your recent difficulties. On the other hand you look at how well this has turned out for the Reluctant Bidder and it makes you think twice (or it should do).

I wonder how many hugely wealthy property developers/investment bankers could contrive a situation where,

- they take over a football club, at the outset making it clear in their own words that they have no interest in football

- are given what is effectively a large subsidy from the public funds of a cash-strapped municipality to complete the takeover

- use the club's land in a money-making property development scheme

- appear reluctant to use anything other than the bare minimum of their financial muscle to support the club, to the extent that low-paid staff will be forced to wait years for wages owed (the entirety of which must be a small fraction of the owner's personal wealth alone) tarting the exercise up to the credulous as "financial prudence"/"steadying the ship"/"consolidation or somesuch.

- and not only that, but they wind up being revered by not only the casually-informed ordinary supporters, but by the leaders of the supporter organisations that are supposed to represent the interests of those fans - who to be honest sometimes behave as though they believe the touch of the Great Man can cure scrofula.

I'll have what he's having, thank you very much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another vomit inducing match on telly   Another vomit inducing match on telly - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:09 am

jabba the gut ecfc wrote:
Freathy wrote:
I remember a seemingly knowledgeable Cardiff fan posted a whole load of stuff on Pasoti warning us about the riddler. The story goes when the Riddler was at Cardiff he claimed to be talking to a "US investor" which later only transpired was just a Citibank employee.

Specifically CitiBank or an individual from some part of CitiGroup? Did he say what he meant by "employee"?

I guess it's easy to be seduced down the route of outlandish conspiracies when there's little clear information to fill in the gaps in cases like the murky story of your recent difficulties. On the other hand you look at how well this has turned out for the Reluctant Bidder and it makes you think twice (or it should do).

I wonder how many hugely wealthy property developers/investment bankers could contrive a situation where,

- they take over a football club, at the outset making it clear in their own words that they have no interest in football

- are given what is effectively a large subsidy from the public funds of a cash-strapped municipality to complete the takeover

- use the club's land in a money-making property development scheme

- appear reluctant to use anything other than the bare minimum of their financial muscle to support the club, to the extent that low-paid staff will be forced to wait years for wages owed (the entirety of which must be a small fraction of the owner's personal wealth alone) tarting the exercise up to the credulous as "financial prudence"/"steadying the ship"/"consolidation or somesuch.

- and not only that, but they wind up being revered by not only the casually-informed ordinary supporters, but by the leaders of the supporter organisations that are supposed to represent the interests of those fans - who to be honest sometimes behave as though they believe the touch of the Great Man can cure scrofula.

I'll have what he's having, thank you very much.

All of our admin when you look back on it was surreal so I'd like to hear anymore on your theories. Would not suprise me if all of the participants were in on the deal that reduced £20mill debt to a managable £5mill plus a lucrative construction, the man of straw from Truro being the patsy. JAB, fill your boots!
Back to top Go down
cornysteve

PostSubject: Re: Another vomit inducing match on telly   Another vomit inducing match on telly - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 12:01 pm

As much as I like the Brent conspiracies, particularly plausible deniability, it would astonish me that he could possibly be in cahoots with the Heanous one. I've heard fairly concrete rumours regarding the patsy's backers and they certainly didn't include Sir James, 'Gawd bless ya m'lud'.

Steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another vomit inducing match on telly   Another vomit inducing match on telly - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 2:54 pm

The long term project touted by Postey is flawed as an argument as well, if he was planning all along to be here for years why didn't he just pay the staff and have the club pay him back over 5years?
As for Greensam, you have been fed lots of shit on pasoti, competitive budget is more like competitive bullshit, just another example of sound bytes being fed to the gullible masses, if we had a competitive budget why didn't we sign a competitive striker. We have a shit owner, shit manager and a shit budget, but believe what you want, time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Gareth Nicholson

PostSubject: Re: Another vomit inducing match on telly   Another vomit inducing match on telly - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 3:41 pm

It was Bradley Rangell who Ridsdale had talked to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another vomit inducing match on telly   Another vomit inducing match on telly - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Another vomit inducing match on telly
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2