Thai green
akagreengull
swampy
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

BRIEF SYNOPSIS Empty
PostSubject: BRIEF SYNOPSIS   BRIEF SYNOPSIS EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 5:03 pm

SHIT. A shit team with a shit manager lose against one of the shittest sides in the league, days after drawing against an equally shit team.

The match today was sponsored by Pasoti who chose Paris Cowan-Hall as man of the match scratch

You couldn't make it up!
Back to top Go down

BRIEF SYNOPSIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRIEF SYNOPSIS   BRIEF SYNOPSIS EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 5:07 pm

Pasoti are the reason this club is in the mess it is. If they'd spent more time with eyes open instead of selling out to be the official mouthpiece of the club we may not be in such a mess as we are now.

The people who run that corrupt website have fecked over every other Argyle fan, all for their own self promotion.

But aslong as the fat controller and his REAL friends have a seat in the director's box all is fine and no disent will be accepted amongst the natives.

Trust in Stapes, I won't hear a bad word said about the man.

Trust in Toddy

Trust in Ridsdale

Trust in Brent

There's a theme developing.
Back to top Go down
swampy

BRIEF SYNOPSIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRIEF SYNOPSIS   BRIEF SYNOPSIS EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 5:15 pm

What the hell do you know Jock. We are a work in progress, we are getting better game by game, it's a work in progress, look at those beautiful murials of half season club legends, the ear splitting support from the Forza Verde masses, can't you see how far we have come since last season, we have played some big names so far, we have 27 full time pros now. Sorry, I'm on the wrong site. Yes , it is shit shit and more shit. As Yea Man says, who is that trusted in all those people, who considered Mackie a headless chicken and Barnes a waste of space, such fine judgement for one so judgemental, you missed Fletcher out by the way Yea Man. As long as he can run the pseudo auctions as a cover for Nikkks donations, let Pasoti be used as the unofficial mouthpiece of the club and have his nose in the trough of the top table does he give a shit? One day when Brent has completed his property development in the city and sold the football club maybe we can resume normal service.
Back to top Go down

BRIEF SYNOPSIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRIEF SYNOPSIS   BRIEF SYNOPSIS EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 5:50 pm

After the Southend game, I came on here and offered the opinion that I'd seen some genuine positives - we were trying to play a passing game, we outplayed Southend for much of the game, and look cohesive, and at times were showing signs of playing some attractive stuff.

And so to today.

It's almost as if Fletcher read what I'd written and decided "I'll show him how wrong he is."

Probably the most tactically inept display I've seen during all of Fletcher's tenure. Madjo scores his first for the Greens on Tuesday, so Fletch capitalises on this by dropping him to the bench. Wimbledon have two Giant Redwood trees at centre half, so he plays PCH, who, if it weren't for the corner flags, would be the smallest thing on the pitch. Purse, who's carrying an (alleged) injury stays in the team while Blanchard (injured?) drops out. In fairness, Nelson had a reasonable game as his replacement. Berry and Williams were both poor

Young had another shocker, Hourihane showed signs of improvement, but was too often fighting a lone battle. On the flanks, MaccyD and Baz offered little.

Griffiths was outmuscled too often for my liking. He's got undoubted ability, but I think he needs to be a bit cleverer in the way he plays, particularly against the assorted Giant Centre Halves that are two a penny at every other League 2 club.

And the return of the hoofball today was probably the most depressing element of the match. It's as if Cole, Purse and Williams have a default setting where they look up, see we've got a reasonably tall Centre Fprward and secide they must try and hit him with a long ball at every opportunity.

After Southend, I thought Fletcher was making progress. After this, I'm thinking he's lost the plot. What a dreadful performance.
Back to top Go down

BRIEF SYNOPSIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRIEF SYNOPSIS   BRIEF SYNOPSIS EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 6:19 pm

Worst team to wear the Argyle shirt in many a year.
Back to top Go down

BRIEF SYNOPSIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRIEF SYNOPSIS   BRIEF SYNOPSIS EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 6:55 pm

Jock i like your brief synopsis, better than pedlars, repetative shite cheers
Back to top Go down

BRIEF SYNOPSIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRIEF SYNOPSIS   BRIEF SYNOPSIS EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 7:17 pm

I have read that Blanchard had a head injury.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

BRIEF SYNOPSIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRIEF SYNOPSIS   BRIEF SYNOPSIS EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:06 pm

Thank feck I saved £20 today!
Back to top Go down

BRIEF SYNOPSIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRIEF SYNOPSIS   BRIEF SYNOPSIS EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:09 pm

knecht wrote:

Probably from constantly scratching it wondering what the feck the manager is on about scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch
Back to top Go down

BRIEF SYNOPSIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRIEF SYNOPSIS   BRIEF SYNOPSIS EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:10 pm

knecht wrote:

That's because Fletcher keeps putting the tactics on the the wall on a bit of A5 paper... Maxine had had enough.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

BRIEF SYNOPSIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRIEF SYNOPSIS   BRIEF SYNOPSIS EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:18 pm

As Peter Reid found out, the only way to play 'football' in the lower leagues is to do it well. You can't just say you're going to do it if you don't have the quality.
In my experience, passing football only works in the lower leagues at the top of L1, where playing that style is a positive advantage .... similar to that dished out by Brighton recently. As Swansea are finding out, now they have sold their best players, and Argyle found out when Steve McCall was out injured, the whole thing falls apart when you haven't the playmakers that make it tick at that particular level... or else everyone would be trying it.

When Jonah was interviewed by Sparks today, I couldn't fault his logic when he said he changed to the long ball game when he found the passing game wasn't working. But his apparent lack of worry would suggest he doesn't seem to be under pressure ... it's almost as if he is confident he's employed for the long haul, success or no..... that can't be a good thing.
Back to top Go down

BRIEF SYNOPSIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRIEF SYNOPSIS   BRIEF SYNOPSIS EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 9:06 pm

To whoever left the anonymous abuse report concerning this thread:

Your report has been read and has been dealt with, we now give our reply to you below.

Stick yer feckin complaint up your arse and instead of acting like a keybord warrior please contact us through the ATD email account from now on.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Back to top Go down
Thai green

BRIEF SYNOPSIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRIEF SYNOPSIS   BRIEF SYNOPSIS EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 9:08 pm

Although I said I would not go to see Argyle until a change of Manager/plus coaches, my wife was going to Plymouth today and I needed a change of scene after too long being back and forth to Derriford Hospital etc. What a mistake it was ! I took my seat just behind the Directors Box, watched Mr Brent , Peter Jones plus other Directors assemble including IJN. The first half was completely DIRE, Wimbledon the better team with more ideas, more fight, more 'want to win'. Argyle playing Griffiths up front, good with his head, reckon he might score if we had wingers who crossed the ball, basic really, but he is too slow chasing after through balls from a very poor midfield. Young had a terrible 1st half, IMHO, his close ball control let him down time and time again, however the entire team were bad and I include Cole for his kicking into touch, wastefully downfield to the opposition and throw outs that were very disappointing.

At half time I stood and called out to Mr Brent ,( looking into his eyes ) " We need a new Manager, sort it out please", he looked as glum as Peter Jones did following IJN down towards the banquet room !

The second half was hardly any better, no poise, no composure, no tactics, very poor players, two bottom of Division 4 teams. Nothing positive to say after a wasted afternoon except I enjoyed shouting " we need a new manager " again at the end towards Mr Brent as young Connor Webb popped up in front of me looked ME in the eye...... Very Happy

I left a sick bed to watch that 'performance', it was sad to see and I reflected on the Argyle teams I have seen in the last 5 decades, surely THIS is one of the worst. At least I had the chance to vent my disapproval at the Owner. He MUST now sort this mess out before the crowds dwindle.

Around my seat were people who were booing, cheering loudly when Hourahane was subbed , very unhappy paying punters and this was The Grandstand not the place one normally expects such anger.

Romain, one of our coaches sat very near me, he was looking shocked and scribbling like mad on a notebook, , he must despair of this present Argyle team!

Last edited by Thai green on Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

BRIEF SYNOPSIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRIEF SYNOPSIS   BRIEF SYNOPSIS EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 9:10 pm

I feel sorry for Ro, he's a club legend a REAL one who DESERVES a murial.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

BRIEF SYNOPSIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRIEF SYNOPSIS   BRIEF SYNOPSIS EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 9:11 pm

Yea Man wrote:

Your report has been read and has been dealt with, we now give our reply to you below.

Stick yer feckin complaint up your arse and instead of acting like a keybord warrior please contact us through the ATD email account from now on.

lol!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

BRIEF SYNOPSIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRIEF SYNOPSIS   BRIEF SYNOPSIS EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 9:12 pm

Are you sure that Romain wasn't writing a letter that said "Unless the manager goes, I'm resigning"?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

BRIEF SYNOPSIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRIEF SYNOPSIS   BRIEF SYNOPSIS EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 9:13 pm

think yea man has a point purse has one but RO not!

peter jones is just a 'token' on the board to reassure us all that someone on the board has a link to football.........
Back to top Go down

BRIEF SYNOPSIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRIEF SYNOPSIS   BRIEF SYNOPSIS EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 9:17 pm

Thai green wrote:
Although I said I would not go to see Argyle until a change of Manager/plus coaches, my wife was going to Plymouth today and I needed a change of scene after too long being back and forth to Derriford Hospital etc. What a mistake it was ! I took my seat just behind the Directors Box, watched Mr Brent , Peter Jones plus other Directors assemble including IJN. The first half was completely DIRE, Wimbledon the better team with more ideas, more fight, more 'want to win'. Argyle playing Griffiths up front, good with his head, reckon he might score if we had wingers who crossed the ball, basic really, but he is too slow chasing after through balls from a very poor midfield. Young had a terrible 1st half, IMHO, his close ball control let him down time and time again, however the entire team were bad and I include Cole for his kicking into touch, wastefully downfield to the opposition and throw outs that were very disappointing.

At half time I stood and called out to Mr Brent ,( looking into his eyes ) " We need a new Manager, sort it out please", he looked as glum as Peter Jones did following IJN down towards the banquet room !

The second half was hardly any better, no poise, no composure, no tactics, very poor players, two bottom of Division 4 teams. Nothing positive to say after a wasted afternoon except I enjoyed shouting " we need a new manager " again at the end towards Mr Brent as young Connor Webb popped up in front of me looked ME in the eye...... Very Happy

I left a sick bed to watch that 'performance', it was sad to see and I reflected on the Argyle teams I have seen in the last 5 decades, surely THIS is one of the worst. At least I had the chance to vent my disapproval at the Owner. He MUST now sort this mess out before the crowds dwindle.

Around my seat were people who were booing, cheering loudly when Hourahane was subbed , very unhappy paying punters and this was The Grandstand not the place one normally expects such anger.

Romain, one of our coaches sat very near me, he was looking shocked and scribbling like mad on a notebook, , he must despair of this present Argyle team!

What were Brent and Jones thinking? I mean, letting IJN get to the banquet first...basic error #nofoodleft
Back to top Go down

BRIEF SYNOPSIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRIEF SYNOPSIS   BRIEF SYNOPSIS EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 9:19 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Thai green wrote:

What were Brent and Jones thinking? I mean, letting IJN get to the banquet first...basic error #nofoodleft

lol! pig
Back to top Go down
Jon L

BRIEF SYNOPSIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRIEF SYNOPSIS   BRIEF SYNOPSIS EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 9:21 pm

Have I missed something or is Peter Jones' only link to football that he previously sat on the PAFC board?

He has not been a CEO or Director of Football or any 'hands on' role in the day to day running of a football club.

In truth, we have no one involved currently with any experience of running a football club and it is showing up massively.
Back to top Go down

BRIEF SYNOPSIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRIEF SYNOPSIS   BRIEF SYNOPSIS EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 9:22 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
Thai green wrote:

cheers cheers

lol! pig
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

BRIEF SYNOPSIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRIEF SYNOPSIS   BRIEF SYNOPSIS EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 9:26 pm

Dont worry andy as they dont serve food in a trough in the directors lounge there will be plenty left. Pigs cant use a knife and fork not great with trotters. lol!
Back to top Go down
Thai green

BRIEF SYNOPSIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRIEF SYNOPSIS   BRIEF SYNOPSIS EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 9:29 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Thai green wrote:

THANKS Andy, that cheered me up after a bad afternoon. lol!
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

BRIEF SYNOPSIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRIEF SYNOPSIS   BRIEF SYNOPSIS EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 9:41 pm

Peter Jones James Brent and IjN have fully supported this continuing mess long after others started to have doubts. Onwards and upwards, green shoots of revival, pointing out to 20 mins played well here or there, applauding 300 fans for going to Morecombe or chiding those not at the Bristol Rovers game is not a manifesto for turning Argyle into a decent football team. The embarrassment of riches (less Mr Purse) should be a timely reminder of how rank we are now. Some history lessons for Brent, a reminder for Mr Jones and a close the door behind you for Mr IjN should be a start.

Andys YouTube click today was as good as it got for Argyle and in the whole gamut of footballing greats it wasnt great but it was our kind of great. That and more would do right now.
Back to top Go down

BRIEF SYNOPSIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRIEF SYNOPSIS   BRIEF SYNOPSIS EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 9:48 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

lol!

Love it lol! In fact this whole thread has become hilarious and has helped cheer me right up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BRIEF SYNOPSIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRIEF SYNOPSIS   BRIEF SYNOPSIS Empty

Back to top Go down

BRIEF SYNOPSIS
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next