seadog
mouldyoldgoat
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Brief synopsis  Empty
PostSubject: Brief synopsis    Brief synopsis  EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 5:57 pm

Gilmartin - 7 - Made 2 good saves, perhaps slightly at fault for the second
Nelson - 4 - He's not a right back, but does look more physical
Purse - 4 - continued his poor pre season, at fault for the third goal and perhaps another, usual slip ups
Blanchard - 7 - Steady game
Williams - steady game with a touch of attacking skill at the death, skipped inside and was unlucky not to score
Young - 5 - he's not a winger, much better when moved into the middle
Wotton - 5 - average today
Hourihane - 4 - shouldn't really be a footballer
Gurrieri - 9 - never gave up and made some good runs, promising
Chadwick - 1 - why is he still near our team?
Feeney - 4 - didn't link with chadwick

Lennox - 5 - didn't really see him
PCH - 5 - did average
Lecointe - 5 did average

Blown away by a very good Birminham side with some top strikers.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Brief synopsis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis    Brief synopsis  EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 10:35 pm

Brief synopsis - we woz shit?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Brief synopsis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis    Brief synopsis  EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 11:06 pm

Cheers Cobi, I am looking forward to your match reports this season.
Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis    Brief synopsis  EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 11:11 pm

Well the posts seem a tad more reasoned than some other thread contributions I've just read.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Brief synopsis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis    Brief synopsis  EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 11:37 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Well the posts seem a tad more reasoned than some other thread contributions I've just read.

Depends what you call reasoned to be fair. It's noted OP hates Chadwick and refused to give his favourite player marks out of 10 Wink
Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis    Brief synopsis  EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 11:48 pm

I call "reasoned" making a coment with more than a one line tirade about anything and everything. I call "unreasoned" a sweeping statement with no argument whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Brief synopsis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis    Brief synopsis  EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 11:49 pm

Sorry Sensible! Embarassed

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis    Brief synopsis  EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 11:52 pm

Sorry, I give Williams a 6, as I said, steady game with a Messi moment towards the end, did well to contain Chris Burke for most of the match, something Nelson couldn't do with Redmond, he just isn't a RB.

I don't hate Chadwick like I hate Steve MacLean for example, I just think he's a pretty useless player who gives nothing to the majority of games I have seen him in.

Purse is my biggest concern right now.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Brief synopsis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis    Brief synopsis  EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 12:03 am

Block3Green wrote:
Sorry, I give Williams a 6, as I said, steady game with a Messi moment towards the end, did well to contain Chris Burke for most of the match, something Nelson couldn't do with Redmond, he just isn't a RB.

I don't hate Chadwick like I hate Steve MacLean for example, I just think he's a pretty useless player who gives nothing to the majority of games I have seen him in.

No worries, I was just ribbing sensi TBH.

I know you don't 'hate' Chadders as such. He's not a great player but sadly he is one of our better players. Pulis used to use him for what he offered defensively, useful for defending set-pieces. Not exciting I know.
Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis    Brief synopsis  EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 12:17 am

The thing is, I don't even regard him as one of our best players at all, if not, he was potentially the worst player who featured today, and not just on today's performance.

I think we actually might play better chucking Soukouna upfront over Chadwick, as Soukouna is capable of using his size and is capable of looking towards goal and getting a shot away. Chadwick (lacking fitness) usually receives the ball to his forehead, and either flicks it on behind him to the goalkeeper or puts it on the ground and holds it up before wotton or Hourihane shows up, there is no creativity in his play. Feeney is a very average player, but he does work his socks off (something chadwick doesn't do) and Warren is capable of picking a pass and holding off his man.

Honestly, Chadwick needn't be on the field, I wouldn't have noticed, hoofing to Chadwick is the same as hoofing into empty space.

He's a nice guy, but he's lost it, and I think he knows that, but does Fletcher? hmmm
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Brief synopsis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis    Brief synopsis  EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 12:35 am

Not disagreeing with you Cobi. Everton fans laughed their tits off when we paid £250k for him 7 years ago. He probably knows his career wont get any better than this.

That alone doesn't mean he's not a useful or one of the better players we have. You question his fitness, how is the fitness of our other senior pros? From what I can tell they're dropping like flies. Singling out Chadders seems harsh.
Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis    Brief synopsis  EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 12:43 am

Your correct, fitness levels are pretty poor at the moment, but our other senior players all have something to offer
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Brief synopsis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis    Brief synopsis  EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 12:59 am

Block3Green wrote:
Your correct, fitness levels are pretty poor at the moment, but our other senior players all have something to offer

Next time you watch Chadders, watch him defending set-pieces. If he's shit at that too I'll concede.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Brief synopsis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis    Brief synopsis  EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 8:27 am

Chadwick and Feeney are embarrassing.

Not sure how you can give Williams a 6. Every time the ball went in behind him it was embarrassing watching him try to keep up.

The team looked overweight.

Also Gurrieri a 9? You must be shitting me.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Brief synopsis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis    Brief synopsis  EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 9:39 am

Thank God for the Olympics and cricket, I'd completely forgotten there was a match yesterday. For the first(ish) time that I'm truly depressed the footie season is approaching so fast, and not just because of the crap weather.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Brief synopsis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis    Brief synopsis  EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 11:13 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
Thank God for the Olympics and cricket, I'd completely forgotten there was a match yesterday. For the first(ish) time that I'm truly depressed the footie season is approaching so fast, and not just because of the crap weather.

Me too. Sad really.

One comment that worries me is that the fitness levels seem poor -- just a couple of weeks before the season. That isn't good and smacks of a lack of professionalism.
Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis    Brief synopsis  EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 11:19 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:

Me too. Sad really.

One comment that worries me is that the fitness levels seem poor -- just a couple of weeks before the season. That isn't good and smacks of a lack of professionalism.

If our fitness levels are poor after the club spent an extra week working on fitness then you seriously have to start questioning Fletcher's suitably as manager!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Brief synopsis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis    Brief synopsis  EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 12:28 pm

Anyone watching that performance yesterday could not fail to see that fitness was an issue for several players, which is extremely concerning considering that Fletcher had made a big issue of it and the squad had gone to the boxing gym etc. The only bright note was Gurrieri who looked fit and fast and was very lively throughout, would have given him a 9 comparative to how shite the others were.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

Brief synopsis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis    Brief synopsis  EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 12:39 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Anyone watching that performance yesterday could not fail to see that fitness was an issue for several players, which is extremely concerning considering that Fletcher had made a big issue of it and the squad had gone to the boxing gym etc. The only bright note was Gurrieri who looked fit and fast and was very lively throughout, would have given him a 9 comparative to how shite the others were.

What, the one guy that hasn't had the Argyle fitness programe?
Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis    Brief synopsis  EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 12:42 pm

We need to bring in a fitness coach soon. We havent looked professional in terms of fitness since the man who's name you cant mention but i'm going to anyway Paul Maxwell left.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Brief synopsis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis    Brief synopsis  EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 12:45 pm

I thought Brent was praising Fletch for his innovative pre season fitness programme a few weeks ago , or was that just more spin and no substance ?

Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis    Brief synopsis  EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 12:49 pm

Tringreen wrote:
I thought Brent was praising Fletch for his innovative pre season fitness programme a few weeks ago , or was that just more spin and no substance ?

Spin and no substance i reckon. The players should be peaking by now and by the looks of it more than a few arent.
Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis    Brief synopsis  EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 12:52 pm

I would like to say after giving it a considerable amount of thought (so that SG can't say it's unreasoned) that Argyle are shite and if we stay in the football league come the end of the season it will be a miracle. No
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Brief synopsis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis    Brief synopsis  EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 1:01 pm

Grumpy wrote:
I would like to say after giving it a considerable amount of thought (so that SG can't say it's unreasoned) that Argyle are shite and if we stay in the football league come the end of the season it will be a miracle. No

Please don't bore us with your long winded reasoning...................... oh thanks, you didn't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brief synopsis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis    Brief synopsis  Empty

Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis
Page 1 of 1