+2
Mock Cuncher
mouldyoldgoat
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Betting bureau Empty
PostSubject: Betting bureau   Betting bureau EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 1:54 pm

I sent Nick W a message yesterday advising him to back a horse, won @ 11-4 but was 5-1 at the time, and another one to put in an eachway double which came second at 4-1.

This was after suggesting a horse eachway on chat on Saturday, which came second by a short head at 5-1, but the jockey failed to weigh in correctly so it was disqualified. My account gave me my stake back as a goodwill gesture, but I think Nick, who also didn't see my tip in time yesterday Sad didn't get paid out.

I have trawled through todays races and with a little help from Hugh Taylor of Attheraces, I have seen a couple of interesting runners. Captain Royale in the 3.30 at Pontefract is now 13-2, was 10-1 so someone thinks it's got a chance, and it's interesting because the horse seems to have a pattern where it can win over 5 furlongs up to a handicap mark of around 69, runs off of 68 today, but then gets put over 6 furlongs for a while because it's handicap mark goes up, and then it has a prep race at Newcastle over 6f, before running again over 5f when it's mark is down around 68-69 again. That's what has just happened with the horse, it ran at Newcastle over 6f off a mark of 72 and runs a stinker.

It's now on it's ideal ground, soft, it's ideal distance, 5f and it's winnable handicap mark of 68.

The next one is Directorship 4.50 Newmarket, who is a bit more speculative as it had been running really well in better races than this one, but in it's last race it ran a stinker and was bleeding from the nose after the race.

It's had a nice long break of 3 months now, and in the past it has twice won after having long breaks. It's also been backed from 12-1 into 9-1 so again it is quietly fancied by someone.

My last horse today is in the last at Perth, where Gordon Elliot sent 3 horses over from Ireland and they all won. Captain Pierce is currently 6-1 but this one is drifting in price so I might be wrong with this one. His horses are running really well and he is sending a couple of other horses over which are shorter prices, but this is a NH Flat race and in the last year he has had 6 winners from 12 runners in these races at Perth.

So I'm doing Captain Royale 3.30 Pont eachway single, Directorship 4.50 NM eachway single and adding Captain Pierce 5.35 Perth in an eachway patent.

The T20 World Cup gets serious now and I still think India at 5-1 are the value bet to win. Sri Lanka are favourites and are playing well at home, but these conditions also suit India who I think have a much stronger all round team, as witnessed when they thrashed England. How Australia are ahead of India in the betting at 4-1 is crazy to me. They have a so so team and I can't see them winning, and possibly not even qualifying from the Super 8 group with S.Africa, Pakistan and India when only two go through.

Finally it's the Ryder Cup which is one of the greatest sporting events on the calendar, and is usually nailbitingly close, but I really think that USA will win fairly comfortably this time. They are favourites to win on home soil, but it's pretty close bettign as it has been for a while.

I know they have set the course up so there is no rough at all, so it could be like target golf with birdies and eagles flying in. This is the main reason why I think they have a big advantage. Players like Mickelson and Tiger Woods will be able to give it everything off the tee and it won't really matter if they're way off line because they can probably still reach the green from light rough.

The greens will be lightening quick which will suit them more, and apart from Rory Mcilroy, I think the USA have a bigger core of players who are in really good form.

I'm backing the USA to win by 4-8 points which averages out at 18-1. If it's 16-12 it's 11-1 and up to 25-1 for 18-10. Might seem crazy but I just think they have such a strong squad in comparison to Europe's and have the conditions to suit.

It's also been such a long time since they won convincingly I think it's this year unfortunately.

All these bets will probably lose now but I'll have some fun watching Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Betting bureau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting bureau   Betting bureau EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 2:14 pm

Thanks GJ. Last Saturday was not my day. Won on Brighton vs. Millwall and backed your horse to place on Betfair. Delighted when second but of course Betfair cancelled the bet when he was disqualified (never seen that before). In the meantime I had put my winnings on less than 2.5 goals in the teatime Birmingham game and planned to checkout at HT. At HT with the score 0-0 my account was in defecit as the horse bet had been taken. 10 minutes later Barnsley have scored 3 Evil or Very Mad

Won £40 and lost it all because some cnut couldn't weigh in correctly No

I've had a quick look at yours and will be tickling for a place on the first certainly.

On a USA Ryder cup win and backing both teams to score in the Argyle game.
Back to top Go down

Betting bureau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting bureau   Betting bureau EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 2:20 pm

Maybe we could do a Ryder Cup prediction league? Winner is a smarmy bastard Very Happy

I'll go 17-11 to the USA
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Betting bureau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting bureau   Betting bureau EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 4:53 pm

Quote :
So I'm doing Captain Royale 3.30 Pont eachway single, Directorship 4.50 NM eachway single and adding Captain Pierce 5.35 Perth in an eachway patent.

It might as well be written in japanese for what I understand of it. scratch

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Betting bureau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting bureau   Betting bureau EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 5:26 pm

Get in GJ. just noticed Directorship placed. Up £13 even allowing for the earlier loss and a free bet on the 3rd.

Thanks fella. Owe you a pint if we ever meet.
Back to top Go down

Betting bureau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting bureau   Betting bureau EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 5:50 pm

Directorship just couldn't get there in the final half furlong. Very close but still not bad place at 9-1.

The other two were awful I'm afraid Sad

I've backed Windies at slightly odds on 20/21 which is looking good at the moment. England really struggling against the slower bowlers again.

49-2 after 8 overs chasing 180 to win, so they now need 11 an over which I can't see them doing, although they have improved from 0-2 in the first over!

I reckon Kevin Pietersen is sat at home watching, absolutely pissing himself.
Back to top Go down

Betting bureau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting bureau   Betting bureau EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 4:39 pm

I see India have dismissed Pakistan cheaply so your bet still stands. You must be counting your money this evening GJ. I got on Yanks to win at 10/11 which should be safe although I've used half my winnings to lay the yanks to win day 3. Bearing in mind they'll probably be in party mode by match 8 I think Europe can at least half today's singles.
Back to top Go down

Betting bureau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting bureau   Betting bureau EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 4:52 pm

I should lay USA a bit to be safe, but I'm not on for big stakes so I'll let it ride. If Europe win It'll be pretty amazing to watch anyway!

Not convinced by India now but am on at 5-1 so hopefully they'll chase this down easily and then it's game on.

Australia have surprised me. I didn't rate their chances at all, but Doherty is causing trouble with his spin bowling and Watson is on fire. If any team gets him out early I think they could crumple, but he's a match winner if he bats for any length of time.

Got the other halfs brother and his new woman coming for tea anytime now. Great timing love, the bleddy golf's about to start! I expect it would be rude to put the TV or radio on in the kitchen? feck em, it's my house Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Betting bureau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting bureau   Betting bureau EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 5:06 pm

feckin arrogant, fat, obnoxious Yank assholes booing on the tee.

It should be partisan but not that you tossers. Next week it will be "Luke, Luke"

feckin halfwits.
Back to top Go down

Betting bureau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting bureau   Betting bureau EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 3:05 pm

Very interesting couple of horses being heavily backed today at Newton Abbot, both with the same trainer, who is a relatively new trainer who has started with lots of winners and has a reputation for winning with unfancied horses.

The trainer is Richard Woollacott and his two horses are Thirtytwo Red in the 4.30, backed down from 14-1 to 7-2, and Maxis Dream in the 5.00, backed from 50-1 into 8-1 which is quite some drop.

I wouldn't have given these horses a second look if Woollacott didn't train them and now that their prices have tumbled I think they must be ready to win.

Maxis Dream has only ran 4 times and he was tailed off last and pulled up twice, then beaten 82 lengths and 112 lengths last on it's next two starts. That would normally mean a trip to the glue factory which makes it all the more interesting that it has been hammered in from 50-1 to 8-1 Suspect

On form Thirtytwo Red was useful two years ago so I can see that the trainer has possibly been able to bring it back to fitness and form, but Maxi's Dream if it wins is a good old fashioned sting and must have been planned for a long time.

Just because it's very suspicious I'm going to have a small bet on them.
Back to top Go down

Betting bureau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting bureau   Betting bureau EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 5:09 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Very interesting couple of horses being heavily backed today at Newton Abbot, both with the same trainer, who is a relatively new trainer who has started with lots of winners and has a reputation for winning with unfancied horses.

The trainer is Richard Woollacott and his two horses are Thirtytwo Red in the 4.30, backed down from 14-1 to 7-2, and Maxis Dream in the 5.00, backed from 50-1 into 8-1 which is quite some drop.

I wouldn't have given these horses a second look if Woollacott didn't train them and now that their prices have tumbled I think they must be ready to win.

Maxis Dream has only ran 4 times and he was tailed off last and pulled up twice, then beaten 82 lengths and 112 lengths last on it's next two starts. That would normally mean a trip to the glue factory which makes it all the more interesting that it has been hammered in from 50-1 to 8-1 Suspect

On form Thirtytwo Red was useful two years ago so I can see that the trainer has possibly been able to bring it back to fitness and form, but Maxi's Dream if it wins is a good old fashioned sting and must have been planned for a long time.

Just because it's very suspicious I'm going to have a small bet on them.

Both beaten out of sight, which is what their form suggested they would be Razz

I see the bookies are fuming with Tiger Woods for deliberately missing the putt on the last and conceding Molinari's putt. It cost them over a million pound as patriotic punters backed Europe before the start, and a draw was hardly backed at all.

Shame for them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Betting bureau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting bureau   Betting bureau EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 9:53 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Free tenner from Betfred, no deposit required.

Think I'm going to stick it on a Heinekin Cup treble:

Exeter to beat Toulouse at Sandy Park, Quins to win away and Saracens to beat Racing Metro. Sarries and Quins big favourites, and I fancy the Chiefs to cause an upset on their first Heiny outing. They've shocked enough people down there over the last year or two.

£10 returns £52...I assume the stake isn't included so probably £42.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Betting bureau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting bureau   Betting bureau EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 7:51 pm

I scrapped the Exeter game which looks like a good call right now.

Instead I lumped in Toulouse, Quins, Saracens and Leinster who all won today with Leicester, Munster and Toulon who play tomorrow, for a similar return.

Munster to ruin it for me, no doubt. Should be big favourites at home to Edinburgh, I just don't like them.

On another note, if I'd realised that they were playing tomorrow I wouldn't have included them in my accumulator. I hate accumulators that are spread across more than one day. Sigh.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Betting bureau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting bureau   Betting bureau EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 2:48 pm

Only awaiting Leicester now, home to Ospreys who are no mugs. Tipuric could have a field day with no opposition 7, but I think Leicester's backs look much stronger so if the Lester pack can generate good ball I'll be sniffling my way to £50 or so.

Thought Toulon might mess it up v Cardiff Blues when Halfpenny closed the gap to 5 points with just less than 10 minutes to go, but they came through. Bloody Munster spanked Edinburgh too.
Back to top Go down

Betting bureau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting bureau   Betting bureau EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 3:41 pm

I don't like rugby really, but I caught the end of the Australia v All Blacks game yesterday and it was a tense old finish. Nothing to play for other than pride and the All Blacks wanting to beat the world record for consecutive wins.

The hooter had gone with the game 18-18 and the Aussies had so many chances to try a drop goal or force a penalty but the All Blacks got a penalty in their own 22 and instead of kicking into touch they went for the winning points.

Went on for it seemed like ages until Dan Carter tried the drop goal and sliced it wide.

Cracking game though.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Betting bureau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting bureau   Betting bureau EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 4:30 pm

It's 19-19 with 18 minutes to go at Leicester. Euff.

Australia seem to be the only side who could realistically take the ABs out these days, which is odd because they have obvious weaknesses (scrum, front row power) which teams like SA and England can capitalise on, but those teams tend to get biffed by the ABs.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Betting bureau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting bureau   Betting bureau EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 1:04 pm

You ever had any problems with online bookies blocking your account?

Betfred wouldn't let me withdraw until I made at least the minimum deposit, which I did, and now it isn't letting me bet, withdraw, or anything?
Back to top Go down

Betting bureau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting bureau   Betting bureau EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 1:40 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
You ever had any problems with online bookies blocking your account?

Betfred wouldn't let me withdraw until I made at least the minimum deposit, which I did, and now it isn't letting me bet, withdraw, or anything?

Several times! Any winnings from these freebets sometimes have to be bet again once or even twice before they let you withdraw.

Your £10 free Betfred one shouldn't have a minimum deposit caveat. I'm sure I saw it say no deposit required, but it is worth looking through the terms and conditions again.

I used to bet heavily in running, and it's often easy to see the winner of a race from a long way out. When I had won several hundred pounds doing these in running bets I suddenyl couldn't get prices in running. When I queried this the bookies said they have the right not to offer you odds and even accept your bets. It's up to them of course but it isn't something they advertise.

There was a well known case where a group of guys won a fortune out of betting on there being a hole in one at a golf tournament. Small bookies often offered huge odds like 100-1, because it's a common misconception that a hole in one is a rare event, and at most golf tournaments there is a hole in one during the four rounds. One bookie started refusing to accept their bets and it received an awful lot of press at the time. Some bookmakers still took their bets but refused to pay out when they won.

Now the odds on a hole in one are much, much lower than 100-1, but the hole-in-one gang, as they became known, won a fortune by betting an accumulator of holes in one at 5 different tournaments.

Some details on it here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
pilgrim_pete

Betting bureau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting bureau   Betting bureau EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 2:08 pm

Pontefract 3.20. Master Rooney 18/1

5.20 Pontefract Captain Scooby 14s
Back to top Go down

Betting bureau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting bureau   Betting bureau EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 2:19 pm

pilgrim_pete wrote:
Pontefract 3.20. Master Rooney 18/1

5.20 Pontefract Captain Scooby 14s

PASB Candidates not being told of the result before it was published by The Supreme Leader - Heavy odds-on Basketball lol!
Back to top Go down
pilgrim_pete

Betting bureau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting bureau   Betting bureau EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 2:46 pm

Unfortunately if you placed that bet Andy, it would have been a loser.
Back to top Go down

Betting bureau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting bureau   Betting bureau EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 2:47 pm

pilgrim_pete wrote:
Unfortunately if you placed that bet Andy, it would have been a loser.

Can you name a PASB candidate that was told the result before it was published, because Jon Back, Alan Barry and Ed Shillabeer weren't told
Back to top Go down
pilgrim_pete

Betting bureau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting bureau   Betting bureau EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 2:48 pm

Well I was informed that they were.

I haven't spoken to any of them (busy in the AL for once!) but was told they all were.
Back to top Go down

Betting bureau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting bureau   Betting bureau EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 2:51 pm

pilgrim_pete wrote:
Well I was informed that they were.

I haven't spoken to any of them (busy in the AL for once!) but was told they all were.

You were misinformed, and not for the first time, if memory serves.
Back to top Go down
pilgrim_pete

Betting bureau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting bureau   Betting bureau EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 2:51 pm

Although having seen the posts in the other thread, it's clear that what I was told wasn't true.

Such is life. My apologies, Andy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Betting bureau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting bureau   Betting bureau Empty

Back to top Go down

Betting bureau
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next