Go down 
+2
Larry Churchward
Grovehill
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Grovehill

New Manager soon? Empty
PostSubject: New Manager soon?   New Manager soon? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 1:35 pm

I hope the "Three Wise men" are well on the way to being able to name Foster's replacement.

Rotherham have given Richardson the push today and announced Steve Evans as their new manager thereby creating a vacancy at Stevenage.

This may well light the fuse on the end of season/summer reshuffle of managers, especially as promotions and relegations are now being confirmed, freeing up ambitious managers to move on and prompting unhappy Clubs to move out those they are not happy with.

If Argyle have any sense they wont be looking for a rookie manager this time round so may need to act sooner rather than later rather than lose their choice to a Club that acts faster to get  their man.
Back to top Go down
Larry Churchward

New Manager soon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Manager soon?   New Manager soon? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:03 pm

I hope the one of those 'three' who influenced the club to opt for Ian Foster doesn't get the final say on the matter this time! Then we might get the right manager!? Think everyone knows who that was. A higher profile manager with connections is required to get quality loan players in because we will be relying on that very much so again I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

New Manager soon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Manager soon?   New Manager soon? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:31 pm

Grovehill wrote:
I hope the "Three Wise men" are well on the way to being able to name Foster's replacement.

Rotherham have given Richardson the push today and announced Steve Evans as their new manager thereby creating a vacancy at Stevenage.

This may well light the fuse on the end of season/summer reshuffle of managers, especially as promotions and relegations are now being confirmed, freeing up ambitious managers to move on and prompting unhappy Clubs to move out those they are not happy with.

If Argyle have any sense they wont be looking for a rookie manager this time round so may need to act sooner rather than later rather than lose their choice to a Club that acts faster to get  their man.

i dont see us hiring anyone till the summer to be honest hopefully not too long into the summer break so they have a chance to bring in their staff ready for pre season when the transfers starting rolling in mostly loans again.

When we do hire someone given the chairman and dewsnip more or less have stated out loud when discussing the new appointment that they haven't learnt anything from the foster experiment so i expect the next head coach to be another coach with no experience who has been given the role as a patsy while dewsnip ad dickinson/another should he leave do the transfer dealings based on the football they want to play whether the head coach wants to play that way or wants the player or not all of which wont appeal to managers worth their salt.,
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

New Manager soon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Manager soon?   New Manager soon? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:33 pm

I hope you are wrong Angers, FFS!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

New Manager soon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Manager soon?   New Manager soon? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:41 pm

Argo won't appoint anyone any time soon. It'll be the old "we won't make a rush decision and will take our time" routine while other clubs start summer transfer activity. Really can't see them going for experience either and we'll get another coach who no-one has heard of. Paul Cook would be my choice but a) hallett and dewsnip would never consider him and b) why would he leave Chesterfield anyway? Probably have a bigger budget there.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

New Manager soon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Manager soon?   New Manager soon? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2024 3:46 pm

They won’t sign a new manager until they at least know what division we’re gunna be in and what quality of manager is needed we go down it will be the same kind of Dewsnip scenario with a head coach run basically along the same lines loans & more loans pretty much the same
But we stay up I’d hope we’d could attract a bigger named manager with experience and keep our better players and the Morgan Whittakers of this world and add to the squad we do stay up were gunna have to invest more than the bare minimum we did this year that’s for sure we have any chance
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

New Manager soon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Manager soon?   New Manager soon? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2024 4:07 pm

My worry is that Argyle aren't the only Club looking for a new Manager and whoever the Club wants, whether it's for the Championship or League One, the favoured candidate might be snatched while Argyle hesitate.

There's nothing stopping Argyle drawing up a shortlist, conducting interviews and background checks and making an offer to their choice of candidate for either scenario.

They can even draw up a pre contract agreement for both parties (Club and candidate) to sign.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

New Manager soon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Manager soon?   New Manager soon? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2024 4:49 pm

we should be going after a decent championship level manager and give him reign to bring in and move on who he wants and play his way imo but again the club want another coach to takeover and they control the important aspects which is not going to be too appealing to the sort of managers we want to attract here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Manager soon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Manager soon?   New Manager soon? Empty

Back to top Go down

New Manager soon?
Page 1 of 1