Czarcasm
Tringreen
Greenskin
Freathy
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB   GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 12:23 pm

First half yesterday = solid mid-table (like the second half against Northampton).

Second half yesterday = fighting relegation.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB   GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 5:57 pm

knecht wrote:
First half yesterday = solid mid-table (like the second half against Northampton).

Second half yesterday = fighting relegation.

Up until half-time,Port vale did not offer or look like the eventual winners. In the second half we just feel apart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB   GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 9:16 am

hairy j wrote:
knecht wrote:
I wonder who posted this on pasoti...... "The biggest investment this club can make right now isn't a player, it's a management team (manager, physio, coach and assistant) to get us out of our current situation on the pitch." I'd say that's not a million miles off what the grumpy old men posted in the above thread.

Grumpy old men shalt speak unto grumpy old men, as the Bible has it.

It was me. I was agreeing with the OP by adding a picture of muppets. Come on knecht, are you on the cider already?

EDIT TO ADD I still think it's a stupid OP though even though I agree with it in principle. It does seem to be another moan thread... we've got 18 pages of those from all the same idiotic people who don't actually go to the games (or state they're boycotting them and then go).

Just to add to this - what actually needs to be done?

And why does that negate me from having an opinion? I am 50 years old, I have been going to Argyle since I was about 5, I have been a season ticket holder until last season, I have been warning that we are subsidizing a failed millionaire ex. banker for too long already. My principles will not allow me to buy a season ticket whilst a rich man gets richer off my hard earned money. I will POTD every now and then but that is it. As for the games, I listen on player (when it works) on the radio if driving and watch the highlights, on this information I form an opinion and share that opinion on here, if you don't think that I should form or share an opinion because I am less of a fan than you, might I politely suggest that you go feck yourself muppet.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB   GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 9:21 am

I'am with Iggy on this, my position exactly, apart from being over 70.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB   GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 9:27 am

Broadly my take on things too. Great post Iggy.

Main thing for me though is that the enjoyment factor is taken away when you have a shite manager overseeing shite players, implementing shite tactics, playing shite football.

It's all just, well, shite.

(And I'm a mere boy at just 43)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB   GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 9:36 am

hairy j wrote:
I still think it's a stupid OP though even though I agree with it in principle. It does seem to be another moan thread... we've got 18 pages of those from all the same idiotic people who don't actually go to the games (or state they're boycotting them and then go).

So if you don't go, you can't have an opinion? Here's a newsflash hairy - none of us sit in Parliament, but I bet we all sure as hell had opinions about the expenses scandal. I wasn't in the Twin Towers on 9/11 but I've got opinions about that. I've never been on a fox hunt but I have VERY strong views about it.

In fact, sometimes a better perspective can be gained by listening in on the radio or (here's something you could try occasionally, hairy) listening to the views of others. As an example, I have no idea whether the penalty award was a fair and reasonable one, even though I was in the family stand, and should have been perfectly placed to see, because it was at that point that my 4-year-old decided he needed to go to the toilet so I wasn't in my seat and didn't see it, but those listening in will have at least had the benefit of hearing others.

I wouldn't dispute that being at the games does help give you a view of things, but exclusivity? Come off it, it's football, we've all got our views and we should be free to air them.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB   GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 10:16 am

pepsipete wrote:
I'am with Iggy on this, my position exactly, apart from being over 70.

Me too, although I'm not yet 70. Not close actually.

Perhaps Hairy bloke will learn that this isn't the other place and we are allowed opinions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB   GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 10:31 am

Czarcasm wrote:

Main thing for me though is that the enjoyment factor is taken away when you have a shite manager overseeing shite players, implementing shite tactics, playing shite football.

I could have said all that as well but with all of Jock's long winded ramblings these days there just isn't room. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB   GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 10:53 am

Iggy wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

I could have said all that as well but with all of Jock's long winded ramblings these days there just isn't room. Razz

Sorry lol!

There's a lot pissing me off at the moment and no sign that there's going to be any change anytime soon.

No doubt I'm not really allowed an opinion so I'm kind of a guerilla, or more likely a gorilla.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB   GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 11:15 am

Get it off yer chest mate, no problem. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB   GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 4:48 pm

Iggy wrote:
hairy j wrote:
knecht wrote:
I wonder who posted this on pasoti...... "The biggest investment this club can make right now isn't a player, it's a management team (manager, physio, coach and assistant) to get us out of our current situation on the pitch." I'd say that's not a million miles off what the grumpy old men posted in the above thread.

Grumpy old men shalt speak unto grumpy old men, as the Bible has it.

It was me. I was agreeing with the OP by adding a picture of muppets. Come on knecht, are you on the cider already?

EDIT TO ADD I still think it's a stupid OP though even though I agree with it in principle. It does seem to be another moan thread... we've got 18 pages of those from all the same idiotic people who don't actually go to the games (or state they're boycotting them and then go).

Just to add to this - what actually needs to be done?

And why does that negate me from having an opinion? I am 50 years old, I have been going to Argyle since I was about 5, I have been a season ticket holder until last season, I have been warning that we are subsidizing a failed millionaire ex. banker for too long already. My principles will not allow me to buy a season ticket whilst a rich man gets richer off my hard earned money. I will POTD every now and then but that is it. As for the games, I listen on player (when it works) on the radio if driving and watch the highlights, on this information I form an opinion and share that opinion on here, if you don't think that I should form or share an opinion because I am less of a fan than you, might I politely suggest that you go feck yourself muppet.

Watching highlights doesn't give you a full picture at all and listening to the commentary from Sparksy and Webb is hardly an unbiased opinion. Watching the entire game tends to give you a better idea of what happened during the game. It doesn't negate your opinion at all but it's not exactly an educated opinion is it? I didn't say you were 'less of a fan' either. I don't go to away games and one thing I'd never do is comment on those games (other than the result).

I'm not sure what your age has to do with it either. Knecht called people grumpy old me, not me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB   GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 5:39 pm

All the same idiotic people that never go to games, I'm not an idiot and I do go to some games so you obviously weren't talking to me, go and wind someone else up, I can't be bothered with superfans, not even hairy ones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB   GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 5:43 pm

Same old, same old argument ... it could be Pasoti.
I've always had a good old chuckle to myself at those that like to put down the opinion of those that are not present at a game. In the last few years I took to augmenting my couple of hours at Home Park with a radio commentary as I soon found out it would often give me an extra insight or draw my attention to something that was going down that I had not noticed.... us fans are often too busy willing the ball into the net or winding it up to take notice of what tactics are deing deployed.
So when does an experience qualify anyone at all to comment on anything. It's just one of the usual ploys of some folk telling others they're wrong ... that's all. ... no big deal.

I remember watching some old documentary about the Nuremburg rallies, and some of the old Germans excusing and rattling on saying you had to be there to understand it. No you don't ... i would have said they didn't have a clue what was going on ... blinded by the torches ..... objectivity gives it's own understanding that is far more macro .... micro climates tell us nothing of much value ... always best to stand back according to the scientists ... empirical they call it... can't beat it apparently cat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB   GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 5:49 pm

The first time this season i;ve seen argyle, and what struck me that most of the team looked small and weedy compired to port vale, everybody knows the best way to compete in the fourth division is to pack the team with big guys and launch the ball long. get a pacey winger to cross balls in the box to big strikers, its not rocket science or a big secret!,to me fletcher blew any chance of success in the summer when he wasted money on goalkeepers why do we need three ffs slow shite wingers, injury prone midfielder, and a thirty two year old fireman who for reasons only he knows now decides to become a full time pro, i dont think he can hack full time training thats why he's always injured also could someone tell me the point of loaning a striker from aldershot (thats bad enough) but then never play him fletcher is totaly out of his depth and the banker should sack him but wont cos that will cost money!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB   GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 6:04 pm

To quote Holloway in a rant at the ref, "Even my wife could see that was a penalty and she was listening on the radio miles away."
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB   GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 5:26 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
hairy j wrote:
I still think it's a stupid OP though even though I agree with it in principle. It does seem to be another moan thread... we've got 18 pages of those from all the same idiotic people who don't actually go to the games (or state they're boycotting them and then go).

So if you don't go, you can't have an opinion? Here's a newsflash hairy - none of us sit in Parliament, but I bet we all sure as hell had opinions about the expenses scandal. I wasn't in the Twin Towers on 9/11 but I've got opinions about that. I've never been on a fox hunt but I have VERY strong views about it.

In fact, sometimes a better perspective can be gained by listening in on the radio or (here's something you could try occasionally, hairy) listening to the views of others. As an example, I have no idea whether the penalty award was a fair and reasonable one, even though I was in the family stand, and should have been perfectly placed to see, because it was at that point that my 4-year-old decided he needed to go to the toilet so I wasn't in my seat and didn't see it, but those listening in will have at least had the benefit of hearing others.

I wouldn't dispute that being at the games does help give you a view of things, but exclusivity? Come off it, it's football, we've all got our views and we should be free to air them.

Is that everyone except my odious self Andy ? Wink
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB   GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 2:42 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Fletcher muppet Larrio muppet Brent muppet his muppet board ( whoever they are) only then will this pathetic bottom of the fourth division going nowhere club have any chance of ever moving forward! i went today, i could cry for my lost twenty quid and the two hours of my life i will never get back! still never again will i watch a team managed by clueless!! this is one unhappy consumer, mr banker.

Welcome back 68. I saved £20 today. By tuesday I reckon it'll be £40. Very Happy

lol!

By the time you get a half decent side, you'll be a millionaire Rodney tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB   GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 4:53 pm

Of course CF has the backing of the heirarcy, club is run solely on the cheap & thats all thats required.
JB has fallen in love with defeat er i mean football.
If he loves it now imagine what he'll feel if we are ever successful !!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB   GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

GET THESE MUPPETS OUT OF OUR CLUB
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2