PatDunne
Les Miserable
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Muppets v Wombles match thread... Empty
PostSubject: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Muppets v Wombles match thread... EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 11:54 am

First win of the season without a shadow of a doubt, they don't make days like these very often jocolor geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Muppets v Wombles match thread... EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 12:20 pm

If there was ever an opportunity to grab our first win it must be now. Tempted to back them.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Muppets v Wombles match thread... EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 12:39 pm

About 2/1 Hugh, not bad considering how poor AFC are.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Muppets v Wombles match thread... EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 12:39 pm

We win but more importantly we put on an impressive attacking display.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Muppets v Wombles match thread... EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 1:05 pm

Our next two games are winnable AFC & Oxford even with the team with got if we can’t get a result against either then we are bang bang in trouble im afraid
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Muppets v Wombles match thread... EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 1:22 pm

If we don't get something out of the next two games, we are well and truly fecked - simples. geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Muppets v Wombles match thread... EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 1:43 pm

Les Miserable wrote:

i think I'll have us to win with both teams to score at 5's
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Muppets v Wombles match thread... EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 1:54 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

i think I'll have us to win with both teams to score at 5's

Can't see the Wombles scoring at fortress portakabin.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Muppets v Wombles match thread... EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 3:35 pm

I'm going Argyle 1 Wimbledon 2. Can't see us scoring more than 1 and we are quite good at conceding.
Back to top Go down
#SHITARTIST

#SHITARTIST

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Muppets v Wombles match thread... EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 4:04 pm

Im sure the flag display will be as awesome as ever.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Muppets v Wombles match thread... EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 4:15 pm

Fly a flag, don the bobble hat and rattle a bucket a perfect afternoon at the Brentihad. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Muppets v Wombles match thread... EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 4:20 pm

Jervis bangs in a trick against by far the worst defence in the entire FL

Akkeron Portakabin 0-3 AFCW

Team is clapped off again LOL
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Muppets v Wombles match thread... EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 4:28 pm

Pissng down, freezing, with lashings of dogshit football followed by the usual defeat hmmmmmm think i'll pass. Akkeron where's the money gone 0 wimbledon 2.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Muppets v Wombles match thread... EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 4:40 pm

Jervis will deffo score.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Muppets v Wombles match thread... EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 5:24 pm

The football is the symptom, deal with the cause, and that isn't just brent.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Muppets v Wombles match thread... EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 11:27 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Jervis will deffo score.
100% nailed on that Earweg you could bet your bollox on it
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Muppets v Wombles match thread... EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 11:59 am

beesrus wrote:

A profound and naturally well informed observation.Always good to base a judgement on what your mates think.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Muppets v Wombles match thread... EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 1:11 pm

Think Argo will get at least a draw from today's epic encounter.
COYG cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Muppets v Wombles match thread... EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 1:32 pm

Greenskin wrote:
beesrus wrote:

A profound and naturally well informed observation.Always good to base a judgement on what your mates think.

Yes. Often the best decisions are group decisions when deciding upon group health. Takes away much of the self interest and ego that can cloud judgement. I suspect this way of thinking is impressed on the players in their team talks, so just a matter of following your own advice.... goose and gander, and  all that. My way or the highway only works for so long, and a certain sort of person. Clearly it didn't work with Bradley or Threkeld and a few others. Nor Luggy at Southampton.  The classic footy example of the group/mates persuading the manager to good effect was the England world cup team and bobby Robson. Robson was humble and intelligent enough to recognise the wisdom of his "mates". The Dutch "total football" team also often had to lead their "manager" on many occasions, that's what "mates" are for.
Other views are available.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Muppets v Wombles match thread... EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 2:07 pm

beesrus wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
beesrus wrote:

Yes. Often the best decisions are group decisions when deciding upon group health. Takes away much of the self interest and ego that can cloud judgement. I suspect this way of thinking is impressed on the players in their team talks, so just a matter of following your own advice.... goose and gander, and  all that. My way or the highway only works for so long, and a certain sort of person. Clearly it didn't work with Bradley or Threkeld and a few others. Nor Luggy at Southampton.  The classic footy example of the group/mates persuading the manager to good effect was the England world cup team and bobby Robson. Robson was humble and intelligent enough to recognise the wisdom of his "mates". The Dutch "total football" team also often had to lead their  "manager" on many occasions, that's what "mates" are for.
Other views are available.

I think you rather missed Greenskins point or maybe deflected it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Muppets v Wombles match thread... EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 2:14 pm

Maybe, but what the heck. Often the point is just a vehicle for something else, so if I feel like it, I just deal with the "something else". What do you think Greenskin's response was trying to achieve ? What point ? Tell me where I'm missing the point, bearing in mind skinny and I have been at odds over Adams and footy philosophy ever since the Liverpool missed opportunity to make Argyle history.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Muppets v Wombles match thread... EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 3:02 pm

headless chicken ladpo starting again, no start for dyson why sign him not to play him...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Muppets v Wombles match thread... EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 3:39 pm

Oh dear. Ladapo continuing his career long fear in front of goal. Argyle will do nothing with this guy the main guy up front.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Muppets v Wombles match thread... EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 3:47 pm

AFCW sound well on top. Alleged striker Lapado is total dog shit.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Muppets v Wombles match thread... EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 4:08 pm

Ladapo with a second half brace Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Muppets v Wombles match thread... Empty

Back to top Go down

Muppets v Wombles match thread...
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next