Dougie
Freathy
greenbrum
Tgwu
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

was it true - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: was it true   was it true - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 8:29 am

It was the christening on Amy's kid yesterday afternoon, there was no sign of any belt tightening at the Stapleton gaff, I can assure you the champers was flowing, didn't know if there was any WWW there though. Razz
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: was it true   was it true - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:24 am

Lee Jameson wrote:
A fast amount of W W W was ordered for Mrs S and her Chums at a considerable cost, it was never drunk, let's face it what is the point of W W W it is also chavey in MHO.

After the staff were told they would not get paid in Decemebr it was alleged that Mrs S ordered the staff to move there cars in to the main car park so her chums could park outside the boardroom. Not a major deal but a kick in the teeth.

I don't know why this surprises me and in Cerbs words it makes my piss boil. Shows nowt but contempt towards the club and it's staff. I just hope she has to make do with happy shopper plonk now. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: was it true   was it true - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:44 am

Has anyone got the infamous thumbs up picture to post?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: was it true   was it true - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:51 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
The good old Duchess of Derriford

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I wonder who was behind this? I suppose they set a good precedent for spoof sites set up to attack people.

I've often wondered who wrote that blog- seemed to know the Stapleton's extremely well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: was it true   was it true - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:58 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

I wonder who was behind this? I suppose they set a good precedent for spoof sites set up to attack people.

I've often wondered who wrote that blog- seemed to know the Stapleton's extremely well.

Now let's see. Someone who knew the Stapleton's very well, had knowledge of the inner workings of Home Park and the other Directors and had a reason to post the blog.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: was it true   was it true - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 12:04 pm

Nick Wall wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Now let's see. Someone who knew the Stapleton's very well, had knowledge of the inner workings of Home Park and the other Directors and had a reason to post the blog.

Deep Throat? lol!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: was it true   was it true - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 12:07 pm

Interesting quote or two on that blog:

"So he's simply gone along with Brenda's 0.77p in the pound to all the unsecured creditors (well why wouldn't you!), and having shafted them, he's trying to get the club back, and reinstate his plans to concrete over the park."

The writer gave this summary of Heaney's offer as a reason to support Brent's bid.

Seriously.

0.77% and concreting over the park.

Wow.

Who wrote that again?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: was it true   was it true - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 12:10 pm

Surely it couldn't be someone involved with the current board? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: was it true   was it true - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 12:25 pm

Wasn't there another one, published at about the same time - Stapleton's Dubai Diary or something? Or am I imagining things?

Edit: Own question answered; here it is -

Back to top Go down
merse

PostSubject: Re: was it true   was it true - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 8:44 pm

Tgwu wrote:

Was it true Wrathall was match sponsor for today game?

As an individual or a company name ~ if so what was it?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: was it true   was it true - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 8:10 pm

Interesting post by Damon Lenszner on pasoti. I would guess he would have been told this by one of the three?-

Quote :
This is the way I heard it. Mr Kagami bought shares (some of which were the ones I sold back to the remaining shareholders as per the shareholders agreement). As has been mentioned previously the price Kami paid was artificially boosted by cash from player sales going onto the balance sheet, so he is not exactly best friends with the Devon based Directors. Along comes Todd who flies to Japan and says to Kagami 'i will bring in the former Chairman of Manchester United as Chair of Argy le in return for your voting rights ar Board Meetings'. Now Mr K knows as much about football as I know about sushi and the only other club in England he has heard of is Manchester United. He was always a hands off Director so the chance of Mr Man Utd coming in sounded good to him and the deal was struck.

In the old days it was always one man one vote but under Todd Gardner it became share percentage that voted. Mr Todd says to the Devon 3 that he has control of the club, agrees a buy-out of their remaining shares in 12 months time and tells them to sit back and enjoy the ride. Decisions are taken in London and Paul Robert and Tony become passengers as Todd gets rid of Campbell and takes day to day responsibility as Executive Director and runs the club (into the Ground).

No excuses, Paul, Robert and Tony were still Directors and had a legal and moral duty to find out what was happening. But things were hidden from them. And still the biggest single reason for our complete decline was Todd, who seems to have escaped Scott free.

Pasoti Wrathall thread
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: was it true   was it true - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 8:21 pm

thats about the sise of it,,
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: was it true   was it true - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 8:24 pm

I can understand some of that, but then the 3 local directors,or a mixture of the 3 local directors and Todd formed all these other splinter companies which all appeared in some way to take money out of the club (postey usually can give a list). If they weren't happy with Todd and the Japanese surely they wouldn't have gone along with the splinter companies?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: was it true   was it true - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 8:29 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Interesting post by Damon Lenszner on pasoti. I would guess he would have been told this by one of the three?-

Quote :
This is the way I heard it. Mr Kagami bought shares (some of which were the ones I sold back to the remaining shareholders as per the shareholders agreement). As has been mentioned previously the price Kami paid was artificially boosted by cash from player sales going onto the balance sheet, so he is not exactly best friends with the Devon based Directors. Along comes Todd who flies to Japan and says to Kagami 'i will bring in the former Chairman of Manchester United as Chair of Argy le in return for your voting rights ar Board Meetings'. Now Mr K knows as much about football as I know about sushi and the only other club in England he has heard of is Manchester United. He was always a hands off Director so the chance of Mr Man Utd coming in sounded good to him and the deal was struck.

In the old days it was always one man one vote but under Todd Gardner it became share percentage that voted. Mr Todd says to the Devon 3 that he has control of the club, agrees a buy-out of their remaining shares in 12 months time and tells them to sit back and enjoy the ride. Decisions are taken in London and Paul Robert and Tony become passengers as Todd gets rid of Campbell and takes day to day responsibility as Executive Director and runs the club (into the Ground).

No excuses, Paul, Robert and Tony were still Directors and had a legal and moral duty to find out what was happening. But things were hidden from them. And still the biggest single reason for our complete decline was Todd, who seems to have escaped Scott free.

Pasoti Wrathall thread

So how did Stapleton get to sack Todd?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: was it true   was it true - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 8:32 pm

Did he get the Japanese share/ vote?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: was it true   was it true - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 8:35 pm

Postey sums up some of the issues-

Quote :
And yet individually the three local directors held more shares than Gardner and Todd put together!
Gardner and Todd had 13% between them, the three local directors had 16.3% each and Kagami had 38%.

Gardner and Todd had minimal shares and yet because of the alliance with Kagami Todd gets to run the club.

If Todd told the other three to sit back and enjoy the ride then why did Stapleton and Wrathall get involved in two companies formed by Todd to make money out of PAFC? One company ordered a pitch it couldn't pay for but the £350,000 debt was passed to the football club as part of the CVA. It should have stayed as a debt to Todd, Stapleton and Wrathall.

All seven directors should take the blame but Todd is the chief culprit.

I wonder what the high rollers and big names in the Mastpoint consortium thought about Todd and the collapse of PAFC? Surely Todd (and Gardner) is now tainted within the City?
Gardner saw two companies under his chairmanship go to the wall in less than a year.

Paosti
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: was it true   was it true - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 8:39 pm

Damon Lenszner's post seems to reinforce the secondary role of Paul Stapleton in the near demise. It also very clearly says he shouldn't be absolved of all responsibility but that it was the big boys - Todd Gardner - who should carry the burden of blame.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: was it true   was it true - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 8:50 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

Quote :

Pasoti Wrathall thread

So how did Stapleton get to sack Todd?

I think this where our old friend Peter Ridsdale comes in. I think the 'things were hidden from them' argument is a load of bullshit. You have an accountant and a lawyer amongst the three. Utter crap. More like they were hoping to get rich from the property development if they hung around and weren't about to make to make any waves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: was it true   was it true - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 8:53 pm

GS

Quote :
If Stapleton felt that marginalised and out of tune with the policies of the new world,why did he take on a directorship of the Plymouth world cup bid company?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: was it true   was it true - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 9:00 pm

GOB wrote:
GS

Quote :
If Stapleton felt that marginalised and out of tune with the policies of the new world,why did he take on a directorship of the Plymouth world cup bid company?

He could have just resigned from the board but according to his attempt to gauge public opinion ahead of returning to the club under the Heaney fronted bid, he would have had even less input if he wasn't on the board. Make no mistake he was in it just as much as the rest. And remember it was him who brought them in!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: was it true   was it true - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 9:29 pm

From Plymouth, to London, to Japan. All 7 were on the board.

Not one of them said a thing publically about how they were worried.

Each of them were brought in by Stapleton.

Each of them were involved in separate companies which contributed in Argyle's demise (apart from the Japanese from the sounds of it, who really were fed a shit deal by Staplemullet!).
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: was it true   was it true - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 9:37 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
From Plymouth, to London, to Japan. All 7 were on the board.

Not one of them said a thing publically about how they were worried.

Each of them were brought in by Stapleton.

Each of them were involved in separate companies which contributed in Argyle's demise (apart from the Japanese from the sounds of it, who really were fed a shit deal by Staplemullet!).

Yep. i'll take that little gem as the overall assesment! If anyone thinks that is close to the truth, you could never sit next to any of the f*ckers! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: was it true   was it true - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 9:44 pm

Stapletons attitude was summed up in his reproach of the previous failed consortium bid and his 'other plans in hand' response. The reason that bid didn't work for him was money and power ie not enough money and not enough power.

The Gardiner/Todd/Kagami years offered him both in bundles. A sell out of his shares at an inflated price with the promise of more to come and to sup at the high table with Suroy and mix with the great and good with the World Cup bid (which was one of the worse ideas ever to be unanimously passed at a Home Park board meeting). The Plymouth 3 could have cut the strings at any point but the promise of their shares being bought at an inflated price made them stick around way past their sell by/use by date.

The Argyle boardroom at that time was as leaky as a colander with extra leaks and any of them could have got word out or gone to the press with their (nudge nudge wink wink) concerns. That they remained loyal in word and deed to Kagami Todd et al is telling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: was it true   was it true - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 10:04 pm

Dougie wrote:
Stapletons attitude was summed up in his reproach of the previous failed consortium bid and his 'other plans in hand' response. The reason that bid didn't work for him was money and power ie not enough money and not enough power.

The Gardiner/Todd/Kagami years offered him both in bundles. A sell out of his shares at an inflated price with the promise of more to come and to sup at the high table with Suroy and mix with the great and good with the World Cup bid (which was one of the worse ideas ever to be unanimously passed at a Home Park board meeting). The Plymouth 3 could have cut the strings at any point but the promise of their shares being bought at an inflated price made them stick around way past their sell by/use by date.

The Argyle boardroom at that time was as leaky as a colander with extra leaks and any of them could have got word out or gone to the press with their (nudge nudge wink wink) concerns. That they remained loyal in word and deed to Kagami Todd et al is telling.

F*ck me another gem, its all so obvious and even moreso when you realise none of the locals have the nerve to come out and give account!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: was it true   was it true - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:25 am

I would have thought that all this was in the old news category. I have always felt that Todd/ Gardener have got off relatively lightly compared to the local directors. I agree they are all culpable but that is now history, I am more interested how the club is being managed/ not managed at the present time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: was it true   was it true - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

was it true
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next