Tringreen
Chemical Ali
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

Lord Richard Blight presents the Return of the Match Thread  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lord Richard Blight presents the Return of the Match Thread    Lord Richard Blight presents the Return of the Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 7:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fletchers' viewpoint. All us terrace pundits should pack it in now if this is how the game was viewed by a pro.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lord Richard Blight presents the Return of the Match Thread    Lord Richard Blight presents the Return of the Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 7:23 pm

Dougie wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fletchers' viewpoint. All us terrace pundits should pack it in now if this is how the game was viewed by a pro.

Fletch's verdict? I'm a bit annoyed really" Are you Carl? A bit annoyed? You thick cnut feck off and take Brent with you to go and count his millions.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Lord Richard Blight presents the Return of the Match Thread    Lord Richard Blight presents the Return of the Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 7:24 pm

At least he seems to understand that goals actually change games. Just working out how to score them seems to be the problem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lord Richard Blight presents the Return of the Match Thread    Lord Richard Blight presents the Return of the Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 7:25 pm

That sounds like a desperate man trying to cling on to his job.Fletch resign man.You aint cut out to be a football manager.Go now,
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Lord Richard Blight presents the Return of the Match Thread    Lord Richard Blight presents the Return of the Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 7:29 pm

Bbc stats say we had 29% possession. I know we were bad but I don't think that figure is accurate?

Bbc stats
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Lord Richard Blight presents the Return of the Match Thread    Lord Richard Blight presents the Return of the Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 7:32 pm

Remember the days when we used to worry our manager would be poached - Sturrock #1, Ollie? Now we're stuck with the most unemployable 'manager' in football history. His next job will be in the pub league.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Lord Richard Blight presents the Return of the Match Thread    Lord Richard Blight presents the Return of the Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 7:41 pm

nailed on pen ali,
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Lord Richard Blight presents the Return of the Match Thread    Lord Richard Blight presents the Return of the Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 7:45 pm

Dingle wrote:
At least he seems to understand that goals actually change games. Just working out how to score them seems to be the problem.
It was bleedin obvious to us all that we were badly lacking in the striking department last season and what was done about it? We signed 2 non leaguers to go with the other non league recruit Chadders and the prolific Feeney and the kids. But Carl and Mr Brent know what is needed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lord Richard Blight presents the Return of the Match Thread    Lord Richard Blight presents the Return of the Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:02 pm

Unlike some posters on here I was there today. We played some decent football at times but in front of goal we had nothing of note at all. Aldershot were no better than us yet still managed to score. I discount the pen as that decision was more than dubious. Without it however we would still have lost. There definately was a case of been here and seen that. The match was like watching an extention of last season. There was absolutely no difference in style, tactics or ability.

There were some decent performances individually out there but as a collective the team were poor on a very hot and humid day. It is I fear going to be a long long hard season unless something miraculous happens. I so want to be wrong on this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lord Richard Blight presents the Return of the Match Thread    Lord Richard Blight presents the Return of the Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:44 pm

Is that what Fletcher means by winning ugly.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Lord Richard Blight presents the Return of the Match Thread    Lord Richard Blight presents the Return of the Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 10:01 pm

ZYPH wrote:
Is that what Fletcher means by winning ugly.

No Zyph its called losing ugly! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Lord Richard Blight presents the Return of the Match Thread    Lord Richard Blight presents the Return of the Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 8:57 pm

Desperately disappointing stuff. It was all over from they moment they scored their first goal which came from a needlessly conceded free kick and a collapse in marking at the back post. It was Bhasera who gave the free kick away and God knows who was responsible for the marking but they had 3 v Nelson at the back post. It was the sort of soft goal that has haunted us for far too long.

The sooner that Berry is back in the side the better. There is no way at all that Nelson is up to playing right back.

Hourihane is not the answer to any question that I can think of. He needs a spell in somebody else's team. Exeter's, maybe.

Guerreri was about our best player but he is very, very one footed. I'd play him through the middle rather than wide.

We just have no fizz to our play. It is all too slow, rigid and predictable.

Fletcher never changes the shape of the team. If a sub comes on he always takes the position of the player he replaces. We need a Plan B.

It is make or break time for Lecointe and I am unconvinced that he is going to make it. He looks slow in thought and deed which is worrying in one so young.

Why didn't Luke Young play? He offers far more than most of those who started on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Lord Richard Blight presents the Return of the Match Thread    Lord Richard Blight presents the Return of the Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 9:12 pm

I watched all the games on that football league show today and our players dont seem fit enough,there's no sharpness to their play.We seem a yard slower than the rest of the teams to the ball.We are just not up to the pace of the game at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lord Richard Blight presents the Return of the Match Thread    Lord Richard Blight presents the Return of the Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 10:03 pm

I don't know if it's already been mentioned, but the crowd yesterday was a pretty god 7000+, with no many being away fans, and they won't be there in such numbers if we were to lose our next two games, which are away.

A win yesterday and another on Tuesday against let's face it, two sides who definitely will not be involved in the promotion race, and the confidence is high going into the next game, and all of a sudden nearly 10k would be turning up for the next home game.

Lose our next two and the next home gate will probably be in the region of 5000.

That's a hell of a difference in income.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Lord Richard Blight presents the Return of the Match Thread    Lord Richard Blight presents the Return of the Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:58 am

thats ok though, its the organic way
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lord Richard Blight presents the Return of the Match Thread    Lord Richard Blight presents the Return of the Match Thread  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lord Richard Blight presents the Return of the Match Thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3