Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.

Go down 
+7
Charlie Wood
Chemical Ali
Nick
Czarcasm
Greenskin
Freathy
Tringreen
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. Empty
PostSubject: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 10:24 am

Here we go again, then.

Another 90 minutes of woeful conservatism, or will Fletch actually look at the League 2 table, tot up the number of points we need from the remaining games and realise that we need to actually attack from the off, go for it, knowing that if he does this and we still go down, at least we'll have gone down fighting?

I'm not confident. Mice 1 - 2 Shrews
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 10:34 am

Just listened to this week's interview on the BBC.

He'll never make a manager. What is even more distressing is Brent saying what confidence he has in the poor devil.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 10:34 am

Comprehensive and comfortable win for the Shrews and more nails rammed firmly home in Argyle's league status coffin. Players are shit, manager is shit and owner couldn't care less.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 10:36 am

Freathy wrote:
Comprehensive and comfortable win for the Shrews and more nails rammed firmly home in Argyle's league status coffin. Players are shit, manager is shit and owner couldn't care less.

Apart from that though ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 10:52 am

I'm with Freathy on this one, this week I have celebrated the fact that I can go and see the mighty greens for £15 but because I'm not a praaaaaaper faaaaan I am not going watch the crap they serve up week in and week out, when/if they get a proper manager and some half decent players I will start going again.

I will miss seeing the girt big flag though jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 12:41 pm

I am voting with my feet as well, 6 nations will probably be more entertaining, I will listen on the radio, and I am going on Tuesday night v Rovers and I just can't afford two matches in a week. I am afraid that we will get well beaten today, really, really hope not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 1:11 pm

Freathy wrote:

This.

Thank God for the numbing effect of alcohol in the CT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 5:09 pm

Brilliant win by us, perfect set of results. The rollercoaster continues!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 5:16 pm

A nice change from the usual shit. Very difficult match on Tuesday though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 5:32 pm

Freathy wrote:

Rovers at home compared to Shrewsbury at home should be a doddle. Knowing Argyle we'll lose this one though. We're far too inconsistent but today showed how we can play. Any 2 from 7 to go down again now. Game on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 6:09 pm

Freathy wrote:

Were you there?

A shit team played with no tactics and no clue. Luckily we were slightly better and scored a flukey goal.

Expect a good turn out on Tuesday. Gas will bring a few and the Avivas will be out in force for our cup final on the back of a resounding win. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 6:19 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Were you there?

A shit team played with no tactics and no clue. Luckily we were slightly better and scored a flukey goal.

Expect a good turn out on Tuesday. Gas will bring a few and the Avivas will be out in force for our cup final on the back of a resounding win. Rolling Eyes

Agreed.

For the first 15 minutes I thought Lennox was going to make a huge difference. Sadly he was anonymous for the remainder of the match. too much hit-and-hope hoofball, as usual, and we started with our only recent goal threat on the bench. The goal was a fluke, but hey, they all count.

Shrewsbury were poor, especially so given their position in the league, and our luck held at the end when they finally stirred themselves to lay siege to our goal, and thumped an effort against the crossbar in the final minute.

So it was a win, albeit a very lucky one. If that's what keeps us up, who cares?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 6:41 pm

Sparksy made out we were pretty good today and should have scored more!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 6:43 pm

Sorry,can't agree with either of the above posts.I thought it was a cracking good game,one of the best for some time,and Shrewsbury were by no means a poor side.The crowd were more involved in the game than for a very long time and a great HP atmosphere resulted [second best gate in the division today,remarkable].I presume the "lucky win " comment was as a result of the injury time pressure exerted by he opposition [which always happens when an away side is a goal down] and the fact that they hit the bar.To balance that out,MacDonald was desperately close to wrapping the game up with a cracking shot against the post-he seems to have an unfortunate habit of doing that at HP.I'm not one to get carried away and realise that this must be followed up with another good result on Tuesday,but credit where its due,excellent win and a committed performance against the 3rd place team.Some magnificent comedy from the linesman on the Lyndhurst side as well,surely the worst officiating in football history?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 6:49 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Sorry,can't agree with either of the above posts.I thought it was a cracking good game,one of the best for some time,and Shrewsbury were by no means a poor side.The crowd were more involved in the game than for a very long time and a great HP atmosphere resulted [second best gate in the division today,remarkable].I presume the "lucky win " comment was as a result of the injury time pressure exerted by he opposition [which always happens when an away side is a goal down] and the fact that they hit the bar.To balance that out,MacDonald was desperately close to wrapping the game up with a cracking shot against the post-he seems to have an unfortunate habit of doing that at HP.I'm not one to get carried away and realise that this must be followed up with another good result on Tuesday,but credit where its due,excellent win and a committed performance against the 3rd place team.Some magnificent comedy from the linesman on the Lyndhurst side as well,surely the worst officiating in football history?

It certainly sounded like a cracker in patches. An unexpected win against a team 19 places above us, and with all the other results going our way. Now 4 points from the next 2 games would be a great week. 6 points and even Freathy might start believing we can stay up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 7:01 pm

Thanks to Jock and his news on the Chatroom we managed to survive the pressure/tension. Valuable 3 points, now all we have to do is repeat it on Tuesday.

Hopefully CF's tactics will come good for two in a row. I'll have my 8% beers & Argyle mug lined up for that.

Dare we dream.........

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 7:07 pm

Greenskin wrote:

Agreed. For once Argyle actually showed some attacking intent. jocolor

Tuesday is tailor-made for us in our position. Teams like Rovers, who are in perfect mid-table obscurity, are exactly what Argyle need at the moment.

But this is Argyle. And we still have a clueless YTS manager. So yeah, we'll probably lose. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 7:12 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Were you there?

No I wasn't there but it sounded better than the usual shit. Don't get me wrong - I think we're still unbelievably shit and I still don't think there are two worse teams than Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 8:34 pm

Well done Argo. Looks like an absolutely vital win. So tight down there at the bottom. Looking like two from seven now, where it looked like two from four at 2.59pm today. Going to the wire, this. Enjoy the ride...
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 8:51 pm

Very nerve racking game (esp at the end). We scored a very flukey wind and gk assisted fk, and were then battered (with only a colebound header) for the rest of the half. Both teams had spells of pressure in second half (we improved with substitution of tsoumou for chadders) and Cole pulled off two brilliant saves. Near the end I thought Lennox should have been subbed for a defensive player but wotton went off. We hit the post and they hit the cross bar, but we managed to hold on. My MoM was either Blanchard or Berry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 9:15 pm

I agree with 2 comments above in that I thought it was a decent match and it was nerve wracking. We had as many chances as they did so we were not outplayed although thought we went defencive in the last 15 minutes. Shrewsbury are nowhere near the worst team I've seen at Home Park this season and I think they play good fast and attractive football. Yes we got a bit lucky with the goal but for christ sake we have had enough bad luck so must have been due something. My MOM would be Berry who hardly put a foot wrong all afternoon. Must say the last 10 minutes were a bloody long time passing though and as we are programmed to do, I kept waiting for the inevitable late equaliser. Never came so that is 3 very very good points for us along with the bonus of the other results being good also.

Also would agree with the comments about the Lino. He was by far and away the worst official I have ever seen. The guy must have had a guide dog in the changing room he forgot to bring out with him. The Ref was doing well for the first 20 minutes or so but then even he lost the plot after that on occasions. Absolute stonewall penalty decision waved away for us. Anywhere else on the pitch and that is a free kick if barged in the middle of the back. His one or two bookings were a bit bizaar as well but he wasn't the worst Ref I've seen this season overall.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 10:51 pm

Christ on a bike..how Shrewsbury never got that equaliser!!

I see the Aviva,s had a good day in the tent again

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 5:39 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Agreed. For once Argyle actually showed some attacking intent. jocolor

Tuesday is tailor-made for us in our position. Teams like Rovers, who are in perfect mid-table obscurity, are exactly what Argyle need at the moment.

But this is Argyle. And we still have a clueless YTS manager. So yeah, we'll probably lose. Crying or Very sad

I appreciate these two postings from valued and respected members. It's churlish to not celebrate any victory and we continue to live in hope. However, had I been there I expect I might have had the same opinion as Cerbs. Although survival is all I despair about next season if root and branch changes are not made at the end of the season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 8:51 am

One of the bonuses about missing a rare home win is that even if it was crap to match I can be happy with the three points.

If we can retain the current form of win one lose one then we should just scrape through but it's all to play for and this one is going to go all the way to the last seconds of the last game so I'm guessing that Cheltenham at home could be a sell out.

Ironically, wasn't it Cheltenham that we beat at home to cap our promotion from this division all those years ago?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 9:21 am

Greenskin wrote:

Got to agree with all the above (of course you had to be there) .As for the goal I saw Wotton look up and said "he's going for goal the keeper will have to make a save ". Well well well he did and the keeper didn't make the save . Flukey lucky ? You make your own luck . A much better performance and far more postive from the start . I'll take a win like that everytime to stay up .

Semper Fidelis .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. Empty

Back to top Go down

Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next