Greenskin
Chemical Ali
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Freathy

Freathy

Preston Game - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:05 pm

oxfordgreen wrote:

I would stick with fletch.

Sadly so will the specky banker
Back to top Go down
oxfordgreen

oxfordgreen

PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:10 pm

Freathy wrote:
It's alright, oxfordgreen will be along in a minute to tell us how great the 'team' were tonight

Ha. The team wern't great as they lost. Losing 1 nil to a team from the division above is alot better than the rubbish on saturday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:15 pm

Well the Taffy Drogba made no difference to fletchers dont score dont win tactics ,does anyone rember a worse or more shambolic pre season that this mess?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:15 pm

oxfordgreen wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
oxfordgreen wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
oxfordgreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
SufferedSince68 wrote:
Freathy knows more about football than the village people running it now, we will be in this league or the one below it for years.

Single cell life forms have more of a clue than the people currently running it.

Yes because a single cell life form. Has played for its country aswell as in the premier league and a FA Cup final. I would bet carl fletcher knows more about football than anyone on this site including me.

Of course he does.But then,what did Bobby Moore,Bobby Charlton,Geoff Hurst,Ray Wilkins,Bryan Robson and David Platt have in common? All were distinguished England players and won many trophies at club level.But as managers,their respective records were mediocre and chequered at best.Not saying that Fletcher won't make a good manager,just that a decent pedigree as a player and a great knowledge of the game don't automatically mean success in management.Anyway,i don't think the comments were aimed specifically at Fletcher and i personally i would broaden the "people currently running it" bit to include the last five years.

Good comment. My main point i don't agree is the Fletch Out that Freathy is saying. We are still in pre-season just wait untill the season starts before demanding the manager to go.

Fair enough, but avoiding relegation to the BSP by one place as manager, captaining a side to back to back relegations and being captain at the start of the next, losing both pre-season friendlies against Leagues 5-0 hardly inspires confidence. How long to we let Fletcher prove he can manage before Purse ousts him behind his back and we're back to square one for another season, if we can scrape a 20th place finish in Division 4 again?

Last season i thought the main goal was to stay up which he managed with a couple games to spare. while being captain he was voted player of the year. Yes we were dreadful through that time but i think that was due to crap managment. I still think he will pull through this season around mid table will be a good season. We lost 1 nil to a team from the division above. It should have been 1-1 damn chadwick. I would say after 12 games we should review how we are doing and how the performances have been.

Yet Fletch thinks Feeney and Chadwick are his best strikers? Williams was worth another year? I question his ability to change tactics midway through a game when things are going wrong, and his judgement of players. I hope Griffiths and Gorman make a big difference, but I do wonder if Fletcher will see that Lecointe and Griffiths could do a better job than Feeney and Chadwick with their eyes shut.
Back to top Go down
oxfordgreen

oxfordgreen

PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:25 pm

Greenjock wrote:
oxfordgreen wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
oxfordgreen wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
oxfordgreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
SufferedSince68 wrote:
Freathy knows more about football than the village people running it now, we will be in this league or the one below it for years.

Single cell life forms have more of a clue than the people currently running it.

Yes because a single cell life form. Has played for its country aswell as in the premier league and a FA Cup final. I would bet carl fletcher knows more about football than anyone on this site including me.

Of course he does.But then,what did Bobby Moore,Bobby Charlton,Geoff Hurst,Ray Wilkins,Bryan Robson and David Platt have in common? All were distinguished England players and won many trophies at club level.But as managers,their respective records were mediocre and chequered at best.Not saying that Fletcher won't make a good manager,just that a decent pedigree as a player and a great knowledge of the game don't automatically mean success in management.Anyway,i don't think the comments were aimed specifically at Fletcher and i personally i would broaden the "people currently running it" bit to include the last five years.

Good comment. My main point i don't agree is the Fletch Out that Freathy is saying. We are still in pre-season just wait untill the season starts before demanding the manager to go.

Fair enough, but avoiding relegation to the BSP by one place as manager, captaining a side to back to back relegations and being captain at the start of the next, losing both pre-season friendlies against Leagues 5-0 hardly inspires confidence. How long to we let Fletcher prove he can manage before Purse ousts him behind his back and we're back to square one for another season, if we can scrape a 20th place finish in Division 4 again?

Last season i thought the main goal was to stay up which he managed with a couple games to spare. while being captain he was voted player of the year. Yes we were dreadful through that time but i think that was due to crap managment. I still think he will pull through this season around mid table will be a good season. We lost 1 nil to a team from the division above. It should have been 1-1 damn chadwick. I would say after 12 games we should review how we are doing and how the performances have been.

Yet Fletch thinks Feeney and Chadwick are his best strikers? Williams was worth another year? I question his ability to change tactics midway through a game when things are going wrong, and his judgement of players. I hope Griffiths and Gorman make a big difference, but I do wonder if Fletcher will see that Lecointe and Griffiths could do a better job than Feeney and Chadwick with their eyes shut.

I hope he dosn't think they are his best options aswell. Im hoping todays starting line up is closer to what he thinks is his best lineup. I thought williams did alright on saturday he managed to keep burke quiet and his freekicks arn't bad. I agree with you last point, I hope we still get some players in on loan/signed cm would be nice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:32 pm

We need to ship out 3 or 4 at least before we get anyone else in I reckon. If we can't then I would say that this is our squad until January at least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:47 pm

The reports on the game from the other site are fairly positive. Griffiths did some good stuff. Hourihane looked OK. Gorman looks promising.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:49 pm

My footage of Nick Chadwicks penalty

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
oxfordgreen

oxfordgreen

PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:49 pm

Greenjock wrote:
We need to ship out 3 or 4 at least before we get anyone else in I reckon. If we can't then I would say that this is our squad until January at least.

I think we should send out some of youngsters on loan if we can.

Ollie Chenoweth, Jamie Richards, Jordan Copp, Jed Harper-Penman, Jared Sims and Isaac Vassell.

I don't see these guy in are first team for a little while.

Last edited by oxfordgreen on Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

How to unpick that. Hope CF can because there wasn't alot to go on unless his notes run to Chadwick awful, PCH nearly as awful, Griffiths poor mans Micky Evans who will get much much sterner tests than tonight but if the ball going to be knocked up to him someone has got to be closer than twenty yards away to pick up bits and peices.

I can kind of see the argument about missing Walton but it's the clubs fault if they haven't replaced with like for like or better.

Make no mistake Preston were at half pace and in the first half we were nowhere near them. Second half better. And make no mistake friendlies are a waste of time not worth paying for. If Argyle wanted another of their first in football in future they should throw the gates open and let everyone in for free.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 7:32 am

So having read lots of reports of last nights game I'm a bit more positive about the season coming up. Almost everyone who went to the game and have posted their views says that Gorman and Griffiths played well, Griffiths is a real handful and more than just a lump to aim at, and Gorman looks like he will give us the much needed ball into the box.

Hourihane gets lots of people's MOTM and is pulling the strings in midfield and Matt Lecointe is streets ahead of Feeney and Chadwick in terms of sharpness and as a goal threat.

Berry is sorely missed at RB, but the left side is lookigngood with Bhasera linking up well already with Gorman.

Some more comments about Darren Purse making the odd howler, but this maybe down to having to help cover at RB as well.

Gurrieri is either still a bit lightweight, my view of him from what I saw, or is lively and dangerous. He did always want the ball against Tiverton but for me was easily knocked off the ball before he had a chance to use it dangerously.

Blanchard his usual solid self and Wotton and Young average to good in midfield.

So we have under a week before facing Pompey, who by all accounts are doing ok with their skeleton squad, and if Berry were to be fit, we have the makings of something better than results have shown.

Still worrying that in 270 minutes against League oppostion we still haven't scored, but at least the goal threat was there last night, unlike the other two games.

We have too many fringe players like Vassell, Copp, and Sims who could be half decent somewhere down the line, and Chadwick, Feeney and Williams who are at the end of the line and still not performing as they should.

If we could ship these players out, get an experienced striker and CM in, we would be looking much better. Berry is being missed and Nelson isn't up to playing at RB so again there is scope for another RB to come in if players could be shipped out.

This would leave us with a starting XI of Cole, Berry, Blanchard, Purse, Bhasera, Gorman, Wotton, Hourihane,*****, Griffiths, Lecointe. The **** could be PCH, Gurrieri or Young and we would still have Gilmartin, Nelson and whichever two who don't start out of PCH, Young and Gurrieri and AN Other for the bench.

I don't think that is too bad really, but unless Lowry recovers fully and is raring to go in November, we are short of a couple of players that are better than the ones I would like to see shipped out either on loan or permanently.

Until we trim the squad of the deadwood like Feeney and Chadwick, and let a BSP or local non league team give the youngsters experience, I can't see any more signings, which leaves us with an OK squad, unless injuries and suspensions pile up, which is bound to happen at some stage.

It's not a promotion side unless it all clicks into place immediately and we get on a roll early, but it won't see us in too much danger either. It looks to me like a mid-table side with potential and how the new guys perfom will determine if we could possibly challenge for the paly-offs or better, or will sit somewhere between 10th and 15th all season.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 10:07 am

oxfordgreen wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
oxfordgreen wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
oxfordgreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
SufferedSince68 wrote:

[b]Good comment. My main point i don't agree is the Fletch Out that Freathy is saying. We are still in pre-season just wait untill the season starts before demanding the manager to go.
[/b]

10 games in would be a good starting point. If we are in a pickle at that stage ?,James ''i am a football fan now'' Brent may have to have a word with the Manager.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 10:16 am

10 games in would take us to the beginning of October when I think the board as a matter of course would review the season anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Preston Game
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4