Greenskin
Chemical Ali
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Freathy

Freathy

Preston Game - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 8:39 pm

SufferedSince68 wrote:
Freathy knows more about football than the village people running it now, we will be in this league or the one below it for years.

Single cell life forms have more of a clue than the people currently running it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 8:43 pm

Freathy wrote:
SufferedSince68 wrote:
Freathy knows more about football than the village people running it now, we will be in this league or the one below it for years.

Single cell life forms have more of a clue than the people currently running it.

I hear Shola Amoeba is a transfer target.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 8:47 pm

hippo wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:
11-0 On aggregate against professional opposition.

Has any other League Club had such a bad return in pre season so far?

It must be one of our football firsts that we're so proud about. Smile

Very Happy Absolutely.
Certainly no Webb style propaganda or fanfares required thats for sure.

We are shit plain and simple,
Back to top Go down
oxfordgreen

oxfordgreen

PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 8:47 pm

Freathy wrote:
SufferedSince68 wrote:

Yes because a single cell life form. Has played for its country aswell as in the premier league and a FA Cup final. I would bet carl fletcher knows more about football than anyone on this site including me.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 8:52 pm

oxfordgreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
SufferedSince68 wrote:

Yes because a single cell life form. Has played for its country aswell as in the premier league and a FA Cup final. I would bet carl fletcher knows more about football than anyone on this site including me.

No doubt he does. He's still a shit manager though.

But you're missing the major factor in our shitness - the non investing banker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 8:54 pm

Meanwhile back at the thread how are the team doing?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 8:55 pm

Grumpy wrote:

Losing and playing utter shit of course.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 8:56 pm

Glad I asked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 8:56 pm

Freathy wrote:
oxfordgreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
SufferedSince68 wrote:

No doubt he does. He's still a shit manager though.

But you're missing the major factor in our shitness - the non investing banker.
Come on Freathy be fair, he has built us two nice bungalows( Eco friendly by the look of it )which is nice of him.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

oxfordgreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
SufferedSince68 wrote:

Of course he does.But then,what did Bobby Moore,Bobby Charlton,Geoff Hurst,Ray Wilkins,Bryan Robson and David Platt have in common? All were distinguished England players and won many trophies at club level.But as managers,their respective records were mediocre and chequered at best.Not saying that Fletcher won't make a good manager,just that a decent pedigree as a player and a great knowledge of the game don't automatically mean success in management.Anyway,i don't think the comments were aimed specifically at Fletcher and i personally i would broaden the "people currently running it" bit to include the last five years.
Back to top Go down
oxfordgreen

oxfordgreen

PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 8:57 pm

Freathy wrote:
Grumpy wrote:

Losing and playing utter shit of course.

Yes they are losing but they are matching preston and have had a few chances (mainly long range)
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 8:57 pm

Anyway, on to more important things.

How are the dug outs performing?
Have we seen the big flag?
Are Forza thingy really lifting the team?

Priorities, people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 8:58 pm

oxfordgreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
SufferedSince68 wrote:

Why do you keep repeating yourself.You said the same on PASOTI got you nowhere.
Back to top Go down
oxfordgreen

oxfordgreen

PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 8:59 pm

Greenskin wrote:
oxfordgreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
SufferedSince68 wrote:

Of course he does.But then,what did Bobby Moore,Bobby Charlton,Geoff Hurst,Ray Wilkins,Bryan Robson and David Platt have in common? All were distinguished England players and won many trophies at club level.But as managers,their respective records were mediocre and chequered at best.Not saying that Fletcher won't make a good manager,just that a decent pedigree as a player and a great knowledge of the game don't automatically mean success in management.Anyway,i don't think the comments were aimed specifically at Fletcher and i personally i would broaden the "people currently running it" bit to include the last five years.

Good comment. My main point i don't agree is the Fletch Out that Freathy is saying. We are still in pre-season just wait untill the season starts before demanding the manager to go.
Back to top Go down
oxfordgreen

oxfordgreen

PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:00 pm

oddball wrote:
oxfordgreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
SufferedSince68 wrote:

Why do you keep repeating yourself.You said the same on PASOTI got you nowhere.

Did I can you link me to where i said that.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:03 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

Priorities, people.

You call those priorities? Priorities? Shocked What about the Hurdwick v Sparkwell match next Thursday? Surely that will overtake even the Olympics as not just a Westcountry,but Nationwide talking point?

Weather permitting,of course.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:05 pm

Anyone at the match care to comment on how it's going? You sound as though you're there oxfordgreen. Anyone else help to talk about the football?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:10 pm

oxfordgreen wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
oxfordgreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
SufferedSince68 wrote:

Good comment. My main point i don't agree is the Fletch Out that Freathy is saying. We are still in pre-season just wait untill the season starts before demanding the manager to go.

Fair enough, but avoiding relegation to the BSP by one place as manager, captaining a side to back to back relegations and being captain at the start of the next, losing both pre-season friendlies against Leagues 5-0 hardly inspires confidence. How long to we let Fletcher prove he can manage before Purse ousts him behind his back and we're back to square one for another season, if we can scrape a 20th place finish in Division 4 again?
Back to top Go down
oxfordgreen

oxfordgreen

PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:10 pm

knecht wrote:
Anyone at the match care to comment on how it's going? You sound as though you're there oxfordgreen. Anyone else help to talk about the football?

Not at the game listening on argyle player. We just got a pen.
Back to top Go down
oxfordgreen

oxfordgreen

PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:11 pm

chadwick pen saved
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:11 pm

Nick "Shatwick" misses a penalty lol!
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:12 pm

Greenskin wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

Priorities, people.

You call those priorities? Priorities? Shocked What about the Hurdwick v Sparkwell match next Thursday? Surely that will overtake even the Olympics as not just a Westcountry,but Nationwide talking point?

Weather permitting,of course.

Indeed. It's a shame the US PGA starts the same day, otherwise the SKY cameras would have been there. Looking forward to it. (Net 65 today by the way)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:12 pm

And Chadwick misses a penalty ffs
Back to top Go down

"Shatwick"?

Oh, I see what you've done.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Penalty to Argyle- But chadders misses (Feeno and Chadders on at ht for Griffiths and lecointe).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preston Game   Preston Game - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Preston Game
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next