mouldyoldgoat
Chemical Ali
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Play Up Pompy??? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:20 am

shonbo wrote:
A far better idea, would have been to play this on Saturday, when neither team have a match and more fans could get down

I said that only last month. Apparently,Carl ''i thought the Boys done well in the circumstances'' Fletcher thinks Argyle will have an advantage with the game remaining on day that it is.

It would of been better for both teams had it been played at the week-end. Bigger turn out of fans etc. Perhaps plod did not fancy a week-end clash,what with the history and rivalry of the two teams and fans.

I remember the 1983 fixture,i was 18 at the time. Pompey had 1000s at Home Park that day (Stonehenge was sprayed with their slogans,and Newton Ab train station was wrecked). Hard to imagine that they were bottom of Division Three for weeks on end that season,yet went up after putting a good run together.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:31 am

[quote="Renegade"]From tonycholwell [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :

Guys

i think you are fighting a war already over:)

The President has said its over and that should be OK by us all. No one is asking us to sing PUP and in my opinion, quite rightly. When I was young Pompey were our rivals not the non league bunch up the road! And it was fraught and bloody most of the time.

Youngsters like the President had, Ive no doubt, the best of intentions but was unaware of this history between the 2 ports.Us decades older have longer memories and whereas Im happy to bung some dosh La Pollards way to help them out asking us to sing PUP is and was a step too far.

No one should be castigated for this, just an honest difference of opinion and history. On this occasion Lee was spot on with the mood of the fans, something that normally Chris is well tuned into. No one died though and the 18th August draws nigh for serious football.

Is he though because lately so many of his ideas/clubs ideas have meet with opposition that tells me he isnt as in tune with the wider fanbase beyond his mates on there.[/quote)WHICH ONES ?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:40 am

[quote="tcm"]
Renegade wrote:
From tonycholwell [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :

Guys

The President has said its over and that should be OK by us all. No one is asking us to sing PUP and in my opinion, quite rightly. When I was young Pompey were our rivals not the non league bunch up the road! And it was fraught and bloody most of the time.

Youngsters like the President had, Ive no doubt, the best of intentions but was unaware of this history between the 2 ports.Us decades older have longer memories and whereas Im happy to bung some dosh La Pollards way to help them out asking us to sing PUP is and was a step too far.

No one should be castigated for this, just an honest difference of opinion and history. On this occasion Lee was spot on with the mood of the fans, something that normally Chris is well tuned into. No one died though and the 18th August draws nigh for serious football.

Is he though because lately so many of his ideas/clubs ideas have meet with opposition that tells me he isnt as in tune with the wider fanbase beyond his mates on there.[/quote)WHICH ONES ?

Careful tcm I think you have spent too much time on here. You are starting to think like us! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:46 am

swampy wrote:
Well that's good news, was sure there was a mention on the other site about his passing, pleased my memory is playing tricks, a box of frogs alright but a lovely bloke I thought.

I saw him in the Cider Press last Sunday- he was lying on the floor during a black jack Davey gig. Then he sang "there she goes".
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:50 am

Is he an Argyle supporter? He could join pasta verde and boost the singing.

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:51 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
swampy wrote:
Well that's good news, was sure there was a mention on the other site about his passing, pleased my memory is playing tricks, a box of frogs alright but a lovely bloke I thought.

I saw him in the Cider Press last Sunday- he was lying on the floor during a black jack Davey gig. Then he sang "there she goes".

Laughing ' there she goes again' ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:03 am

Yea Man wrote:
It's all GOB's fault anyway lol!

IJN wrote:
I'll give you an example, GOB on that other site, he asked to meet me, I did, we got on, but his overiding comment was 'Don;t worry about it E, it's only a laugh, it's only the internet'. How do you cope with that? Yet he's still on ATD, calling me a coward, a lyre (I had to mispell that for the sweachecker) etc etc. It defies any known belief in my terms of reference.

Internet bullying at its worst, cowardice at its worst, people at their worst.

Gawd, he's mentioned my name, now I feel intimidated and bullied lol!

Passive Maneuvering behavior is a trait of (see signature)....

Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:05 am

Warny wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Ooops! My mistake - Chadders is actually wearing the 'Road to Rochdale' t-shirt. lol!

Here's the Argo v Pompey one [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bloody hell can we sink any lower? This must be the first ever League Cup Round One t-shirt.

This is truly unbelievable. It's all very similar as to when Exeter play us. Sort it out Argyle for gods sake!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:17 am

Not so long ago the police were trying to quell the term "Battle of the Ports" and even the Argyle Board and the press were trying to lessen its emphasis owing to the past problems between the two clubs, now we have a couple of jerks attempting to rekindle the fire in a Forza Verde kinda way but dressed up with the niceties of song swapping.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:38 am

I went to Pompey a few years ago in the FA Cup and even then there were rival fans outside the ground looking to settle old "scores".and now you have this new family area sandwiched in between.Gordon Bennett.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:46 am

oddball wrote:
I went to Pompey a few years ago in the FA Cup and even then there were rival fans outside the ground looking to settle old "scores".and now you have this new family area sandwiched in between.Gordon Bennett.

It's fine - the big flag will be in place to protect the kids from flying seats and bottles
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:47 am

Surely they are not putting families in the zoo corner for the Pompey game? Lunacy if they are. I wonder if any of the scrots from TCE will bring their offspring and try and sit in the new family area to be closer to the action?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:55 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
Surely they are not putting families in the zoo corner for the Pompey game? Lunacy if they are. I wonder if any of the scrots from TCE will bring their offspring and try and sit in the new family area to be closer to the action?

If they do and it kicks off then it will be the end of this Argyle 'footballing first'!

Then it will be onto the next hair brained idea.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 11:16 am

GOB wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
It's all GOB's fault anyway lol!

IJN wrote:
I'll give you an example, GOB on that other site, he asked to meet me, I did, we got on, but his overiding comment was 'Don;t worry about it E, it's only a laugh, it's only the internet'. How do you cope with that? Yet he's still on ATD, calling me a coward, a lyre (I had to mispell that for the sweachecker) etc etc. It defies any known belief in my terms of reference.

Internet bullying at its worst, cowardice at its worst, people at their worst.

Gawd, he's mentioned my name, now I feel intimidated and bullied lol!

Passive Maneuvering behavior is a trait of (see signature)....

Ere hypocrite, I need an email hacker. Is your mate SG available ?
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 11:42 am

[quote="tcm"][quote="Renegade"]From tonycholwell [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :

Guys

[/quotewhich idears ?
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 11:56 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Is he an Argyle supporter? He could join pasta verde and boost the singing.
dont panic goaty i wont be joining your ranks,iam still just watching realy,i do feel the need to coment now and again though,as for everyone falling out ,jesus lol! both sites have been taken over with personel stuff,why dont they just get a fecking room or maybe join a trainspotters club where they belong, Sleep
Back to top Go down
DanTheMan

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 12:22 pm

Why does it matter if we sing another teams song? It's a football match not a war
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 12:35 pm

hairy j wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
I would only sing PUP if this bloke could sing it from the Director's box-

Birdman! A very famous Plymouthian to anyone who's been to a nightclub between 1983 and the present day. Still as mad as a goose on a skateboard no doubt. Him and Dancing Trevor (often seen on Mutley Plain or by Cattedown Roundabout and more recently on Laira Bridge) are legends.

tcm I was talking about birdman. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 1:00 pm

no difference is there..in the nicest possible way of course.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 1:11 pm

[quote="tcm"][quote="tcm"]
Renegade wrote:
From tonycholwell [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :

Guys

[/quotewhich idears ?

Is this Tony's way of saying nicely that Webb has only and conveniently, been an Argyle fan since the club found itself in the mire, or put another way, since Web found a convenient tool to publicise himself?
Back to top Go down
DanTheMan

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 2:07 pm

GOBBY! Hiya!
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 1:56 pm

Have the orchestrated bellowing on the Pompey Chimes been dropped?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 2:19 pm

Sir Prez says the fanfest is £5 entry but includes a free pint and pasty? Surely the £5 covers the cost of the pint and pasty so they are actually not free.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 2:26 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
I don't agree with Jameson often but this time he is right. I have always considered portsmouth our biggest rivals and not exeter.

Sing their song - feck off!

still deluded I see Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Sandford_Grecian on Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I didn't realise that contest involving those big guns still happened :-))
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 9:12 pm

Arch Stanton wrote:
hairy j wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
Is Dancing Trevor the one with the headphones that shouts at random traffic?

He is. He is called Trevor too. He used to hang around the pubs up at Mutley a lot so me and my mates got to know him quite well - he'd ask you for a £1 for something completely bizarre (usually shoe laces as he often tied them so tight they'd snap but sometimes gravy granules or a toothbrush) and you'd give him £1 eventually just so he'd leave you alone - he'd then proceed to go right up to a fruit machine and put the £1 in right in front of you bounce

Trevor now posts on ATD as XXXXXXXXX (name removed by Hairy J)

Me and my mates nicknamed Trevor "The Minesweeper" as he walks around the pub with a fixed gaze at the floor picking up all the loose change! The guy is bombed out HJ lol!

Arch, I saw Trevor today helping with some bin bags behind the jacket spud stall that's outside of the Waterstones at the bottom end of the city centre. He was wearing a wooly cardigan.

I think he's been packing the season tickets and that's why they've taken a very, very, very long time to be done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Play Up Pompy???
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next