mouldyoldgoat
Chemical Ali
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Freathy

Freathy

Play Up Pompy??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 10:16 am

Chingers wrote:
Imagine Pompey singing our song at Fratton? Hang on, what's our song again?
I think some of Chris's ideas have been alright as it goes, but this idea is truly 5hit. Yeah we've moved on from the 80's violence but rivalry is what used to make football great and the thought of singing The Chimes makes me feel sad and annoyed. Perhaps they could play Paul McCartney, pipes of peace before the game and the fans could run and console each other. That would be really lovely and nice and fill me with peace and harmony.

We have loads...

"5-0 down and we're 'aving a laugh!"

"It's only 1-0
How shit must you be
It's only 1-0"

"Let's pretend we scored a goal"

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 10:35 am

Pasoti look bothered- just one post since The President's latest flounce. I notice he mentions nothing of being involved with all the Greenman rumour spreading (and I guess Andy Symons post about him on the Greenman thread has upset him too).

He does have some good ideas, but he also has some bad ones. Unfortunately the club are following suit. I do think the club needs to speak to REAL fans about some of the ideas as Sooty and Sweep are obviously 'Yes' men and won't speak their minds.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 10:37 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
Pasoti look bothered- just one post since The President's latest flounce. I notice he mentions nothing of being involved with all the Greenman rumour spreading (and I guess Andy Symons post about him on the Greenman thread has upset him too).

He does have some good ideas, but he also has some bad ones. Unfortunately the club are following suit. I do think the club needs to speak to REAL fans about some of the ideas as Sooty and Sweep are obviously 'Yes' men and won't speak their minds.

El Windsor Boy has retired from the forums...................... thank f*ck for that.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 10:41 am

My dislike for Portsmouth runs deep. I was there in '83 as a 14yrold kid, and we were chased across the pitch from the Lyndhurst. That was the precursor for a number of lively occasions down the years.

Helping out in some way is one thing, but myself and any of our group will be as likely to sing that song, as Celtic fans would in solidarity for Rangers.

The president is tender in years, and it's at times like this that it shows.

I wonder what Newell thinks of singing his heart out for Pompey?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 11:05 am

I see the pres has had another "throw the toys out of the pram" tantrum just like the ones he used to have on ATD whenever anyone picked up on his silly ideas. It's getting funny now lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 11:05 am

Czarcasm wrote:
My dislike for Portsmouth runs deep. I was there in '83 as a 14yrold kid, and we were chased across the pitch from the Lyndhurst. That was the precursor for a number of lively occasions down the years.

Helping out in some way is one thing, but myself and any of our group will be as likely to sing that song, as Celtic fans would in solidarity for Rangers.

The president is tender in years, and it's at times like this that it shows.

I wonder what Newell thinks of singing his heart out for Pompey?

Any opportunity to jump on the 'aren't we wonderful bandwagon ' must be taken, in a vain attempt to cover for all the scheming and bullying for personal positioning.

The club has become a complete joke....................... as predicted.

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 11:08 am

I see LJ is coming in for flack for not phoning his 'fwend'. It wasn't LJ's fault that his 'fwend' had posted something, which most Argyle fans wouldn't do, on a rival's website. LJ was right for highlighting it.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 11:09 am

GOB wrote:
I see the pres has had another "throw the toys out of the pram" tantrum just like the ones he used to have on ATD whenever anyone picked up on his silly ideas. It's getting funny now lol!

I thought he was retired from forums, just like the Nool wasn't going to pre season friendlies anymore after Tiverton. lol!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 11:13 am

It just shows that the pres is out of touch with normal fans!

Just a completely stupid idea. Yes show support for them like Brighton did for us last season but sing their song, NO.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 11:14 am

Block3Green wrote:
Renegade wrote:
In fact i do actually remember Argyle fans singing play up Pompey at Southampton a few years ago.. Bombed and the idiots got given what for and rightly so it Portsmouth are rivals of plymouth argyle singing their songs is stupid and will make us look like a complete joke.

You will be telling me we will be selling t-shirts for a cup round 1 game next

Was in the club shop last week, really couldn't believe what I was seeing, t shirts for a first round cup match, is it a joke or are the club being serious?

Hang on you mean they actually havd them :O i was kidding when i said it!!! unbelievable
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 11:18 am

Its a stupid idea to sing other teams songs how Chris could ever think it would prove to be popular islaughable.

He is a nice enough guy but i do wish sometimes he would think like a football fan alet alone a Argyle fan when he is coming up with ideas as 8/10 are ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 11:21 am

Renegade wrote:
Block3Green wrote:
Renegade wrote:
In fact i do actually remember Argyle fans singing play up Pompey at Southampton a few years ago.. Bombed and the idiots got given what for and rightly so it Portsmouth are rivals of plymouth argyle singing their songs is stupid and will make us look like a complete joke.

Was in the club shop last week, really couldn't believe what I was seeing, t shirts for a first round cup match, is it a joke or are the club being serious?

Hang on you mean they actually havd them :O i was kidding when i said it!!! unbelievable

Yep! They're on the club shop website too. Chadders looks great in his 'Battle of the Ports' t-shirt!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 11:24 am

Ooops! My mistake - Chadders is actually wearing the 'Road to Rochdale' t-shirt. lol!

Here's the Argo v Pompey one [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 11:26 am

Freathy wrote:
Renegade wrote:
Block3Green wrote:
Renegade wrote:

Yep! They're on the club shop website too. Chadders looks great in his 'Battle of the Ports' t-shirt!

christ alive do the club expect to sell many? lol we got any t-shirts for Aldershot??? may aswell be completely amateur whilst we are in the mood
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 11:32 am

Freathy wrote:
Ooops! My mistake - Chadders is actually wearing the 'Road to Rochdale' t-shirt. lol!

Here's the Argo v Pompey one [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bloody hell can we sink any lower? This must be the first ever League Cup Round One t-shirt.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 11:32 am

The club shop didn't get back to me about my t shirt design which was a shame

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 11:33 am

Dougie wrote:

lol brilliant i'd buy one
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 11:43 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
I see LJ is coming in for flack for not phoning his 'fwend'. It wasn't LJ's fault that his 'fwend' had posted something, which most Argyle fans wouldn't do, on a rival's website. LJ was right for highlighting it.

I struggled to see what he said that was so wrong myself. The thing is if someone else said it was a stupid idea they would get "your not a real fan" "football is changing" bollocks and the wolfpac would be promoting the idea as a "football first"

I see the wolfpac have already come out (well one) saying he will signing it because its the right thing to do Neutral is this guy for real
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 12:03 pm

Good pasoti post by David_Fisher highlighting how quickly the President changes his mind-

Quote :
Have to say I'm with Lee on this one.

Chris's post on the Pompey site says "Finally prior to the kick off the message of support from Argyle to Pompey will be read out as well as a call for all four sides of the ground to sing the Pompey Chimes."

But in his response to Lee's post this becomes "well before we see any players and probably when the stadium is half (or less) full to play a message of support from Argyle to Pompey then a quick PUP 15 second thing on the tannoy."

If the second version had appeared on the Pompey site then I don't think anyone would have thought twice about it.

PUP
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 12:28 pm

Warny wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Bloody hell can we sink any lower? This must be the first ever League Cup Round One t-shirt.

To be fair, there would be little point in us producing a League Cup Round Two t-shirt, given the likelihood of us reaching that far.

Seriously though, it is April fools day or something? What sort of muppet is going to buy that 'Road to Rochdale' t-shirt!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 12:36 pm

The t-shirts are £14.99 each affraid

I hope the shop hasn't stocked up with too many!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 1:39 pm

Dougie wrote:

cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 1:50 pm

Shall we just cheer when they score aswell??

feckin Clown!!

He slates Lee Jameson for "not waiting until Thursday until the official announcement", well why the feck put it on the Pompey website now then!!

Does this guy do it on purpose?

It's quite funny now lol!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 2:08 pm

up the guz ??? WTF does that mean ?

think the happy clap brigade are getting more exposed as time goes in.

looking a the thread though on pasoti it seems webb is taking on a role of Operating officer at HP judging by all stuff he's done in last 7 days.

the prez isnt 'tender in years' hes older than me but i DO wonder how long hes been a fan of the club for, not sure what he was thinking with this one.

besides he only 'communicates' on pasoti. he cant cite flack as a reason why he doesnt come on here, thats a poor excuse.
some worthwhile dialogue could be had on here but he chooses not to take the 'oppurtunity'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 2:12 pm

It's all GOB's fault anyway lol!

IJN wrote:
I'll give you an example, GOB on that other site, he asked to meet me, I did, we got on, but his overiding comment was 'Don;t worry about it E, it's only a laugh, it's only the internet'. How do you cope with that? Yet he's still on ATD, calling me a coward, a lyre (I had to mispell that for the sweachecker) etc etc. It defies any known belief in my terms of reference.

Internet bullying at its worst, cowardice at its worst, people at their worst.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Play Up Pompy???   Play Up Pompy??? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Play Up Pompy???
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next