Highwayman
Tgwu
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Warny

Warny

Argyle v Birm - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Birm   Argyle v Birm - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 6:21 pm

Birmingham weren't even at full tilt and we had nothing to offer. When they sat off us, of course we could keep the ball but when they stepped it up ever so slightly, we'd either go long or give it to them.

Young and Gurrieri were the only positives - just - and Young shouldn't be wide right. We only caused small problems after they made a load of subs and took their foot off. It's alarming at how many times we got the very basics wrong. Any semi-competent League Two team won't fear us.

With two weeks to go this should be a serious sodding rehearsal for the season. Fletch said he didn't want a Premiership team for pre-season because we'd be chasing the ball for 90 minutes. Instead we pretty much gave that job to Birmingham. Also think our senior pro's need to take a good look at themselves today, because I felt they did not lead by example.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Birm   Argyle v Birm - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 6:21 pm

Time for nool and webb to start mentioning the war again, the sheep on the farm are starting to realise how totally shit we really are at long last.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Birm   Argyle v Birm - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 6:24 pm

Positives for you are the game was a friendly against a very good championship team. We lost 3 - 2 against a decent Championship side in Millwall earlier. Not sure we will get promoted but certain we will be far off relegation.

Did you really expect anything more than a drubbing today? Your squad looks poor but I doubt even the biggest doom mongers would say you will be relegated this season. I think you have another long season ahead, but more of re-building ready for a real push during the 2013/14 season. To expect your team to go from facing liqidation and wholesale player departures one moment to conquering League 2 the next is just dreaming. Reality aint great for you now, but you need this reality to build firmer foundations for your future. I know you are a bigger club but for now you find yourself down with the dead men. You are here not through luck but through years of neglect and it may take a few years of scrapping with lower league clubs before you are ready and able to move on up.

Enjoy being shit, it makes you a real fan of a real club.

Hey, who cares what a City fan thinks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Birm   Argyle v Birm - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 6:32 pm

But aren't Brum in the shit financially still? I hadn't got them down as a very good Championship side, more like a side full of experience that wouldn't be going down, but wouldn't be expecting a return to the Premier League this season.
Back to top Go down
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Birm   Argyle v Birm - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 7:06 pm

The Red Star wrote:
Positives for you are the game was a friendly against a very good championship team. We lost 3 - 2 against a decent Championship side in Millwall earlier. Not sure we will get promoted but certain we will be far off relegation.

Did you really expect anything more than a drubbing today? Your squad looks poor but I doubt even the biggest doom mongers would say you will be relegated this season. I think you have another long season ahead, but more of re-building ready for a real push during the 2013/14 season. To expect your team to go from facing liqidation and wholesale player departures one moment to conquering League 2 the next is just dreaming. Reality aint great for you now, but you need this reality to build firmer foundations for your future. I know you are a bigger club but for now you find yourself down with the dead men. You are here not through luck but through years of neglect and it may take a few years of scrapping with lower league clubs before you are ready and able to move on up.

Who do you think you are coming on here and giving a balanced and not far off the truth opinion? How bleddy dare you! Exshitter scum! lol!

Seriously though, you're not far off the truth IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Birm   Argyle v Birm - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 7:21 pm

Mrrapson wrote:
The Red Star wrote:

Who do you think you are coming on here and giving a balanced and not far off the truth opinion? How bleddy dare you! Exshitter scum! lol!

Oh yes they would, Freathy, where aaarrree yoooooooouuuuuu? lol!
Back to top Go down
louisdepalma

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Birm   Argyle v Birm - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 8:08 pm

The Red Star wrote:

Absolutely spot on.

You're still going down. Very Happy

I can see what Fletcher is trying to do, but he hasn't the talent to carry it out. We delivered well into the scoring area today, but had nobody to finish. We need a Duffy, Nards or even (whisper it) Cureton.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Birm   Argyle v Birm - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 8:14 pm

Highwayman wrote:
Mrrapson wrote:
The Red Star wrote:

Oh yes they would, Freathy, where aaarrree yoooooooouuuuuu? lol!

Here I am. And our 'team' is nowhere near good enough to survive. As it stands with these 'players' and 'manager' we WILL be thrown out of the Football League next May.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Birm   Argyle v Birm - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 8:15 pm

Well i had the utter misfortune to attend this dogshite today,
shit manager
shit tactics..yet again
shit players (minus guerri who i think after the 4th thought "wtf am i doing signing 4 this lot)
predictably low crowd (be even lower at the first game after this shit)
still the avias had fun booing certain Birmingham players.....i despair, we are well and truly doomed
Back to top Go down
louisdepalma

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Birm   Argyle v Birm - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Is that the same team that got thrown out last May then Freathy?

Too early to say. But don't let facts get in the way of a good moan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Birm   Argyle v Birm - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 8:29 pm

louisdepalma wrote:

What facts would they be then LDP ? We have been well & truly stuffed again & show no signs of being anything like good enough to compete in the basement division.

Come on, what were the positives ? were the pasties any good ? is there a new flag ?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Birm   Argyle v Birm - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 8:30 pm

louisdepalma wrote:

I can barely be bothered to reply but here goes....

last season we spent most of it in the bottom 2. The loan players who managed to drag us out of the bottom 2 in the nick of time are no longer here. This team is much worse than last season.

Enjoy the ride...
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Birm   Argyle v Birm - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 8:24 am

Looks like the other half is going to get his wish. We'll be playing the mighty Nuneaton Borough sooner rather than never. Sad
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Birm   Argyle v Birm - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 12:44 pm

Of course it was only a friendly, but given the level of poor performance which totally exposed how low in quality some of our players are against a decent side, the result yesterday did matter. Only a blind fool would have left HP yesterday not feeling worried about the season proper starting in less than 2 weeks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Birm   Argyle v Birm - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 3:17 pm

Posted on Pasoti Rumours page:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Birm   Argyle v Birm - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 3:24 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Posted on Pasoti Rumours page:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think that rumour could be true.

Fletch has already spoken out about the budget and how he missed out on players..

I don't think people need to think about when he'll be sacked, I think he'll walk way before then.

Especially if Brent continues to pump nothing into the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Birm   Argyle v Birm - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 3:45 pm

Wouldn't surprise me, I feel for Fletcher, he was promised a budget, he didn't get it, simples.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Birm   Argyle v Birm - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 3:49 pm

Yet he got a brand new dugout to sit in lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Birm   Argyle v Birm - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 4:02 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Yet he got a brand new dugout to sit in lol!

Splinters? lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Birm   Argyle v Birm - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle v Birm
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3