Dougie
seadog
Chemical Ali
Czarcasm
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Lighting the Olympic cauldron - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lighting the Olympic cauldron   Lighting the Olympic cauldron - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 9:58 am

Glad I watched that, even if I did drift at times. The Industrial Revolution bit was simply amazing, I loved the support for the NHS and the appearance of the CND symbol, and I was thrilled to see Doreen Lawrence carrying the Olympic flag. The cauldron being lit by potential stars of the future was a fantastic touch, and the drumming was brilliant.

Overall, I thought it could have been a bit shorter - the section about the NHS and children's literature went on a bit, and I got pretty bored during the long music and dancing bit. But then, it's for the yoof, innit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lighting the Olympic cauldron   Lighting the Olympic cauldron - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 10:11 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
Well Jock, your Olympic tips are as good as your horse tips. I looked a right cnut after telling everybody I was ITK and revealing your info.

I was just passing on what I saw online yesterday Razz shows how reliable t'interweb is.

I saw a combined total of about 1 minute, just because I was logged on to Facebook and almost everyone commenting was "Amazed, Astounded, Proud to be British, Crying, So Sorry they couldn't be there in person" etc.etc.etc.

I should have known better though, as these people also tell the world how amazing X-Factor, Big Brother, Britains got Talent etc. are.

I'm sure it was good or even the best Opening Ceremony ever, but it's just not my thing. I did see on the news David Beckham, that wonderful Olympian, carrying the Olympic Flame along the Thames in a speedboat scratch And given he was wearing a tuxedo in my head I was waiting for the first person to say something like "David Beckham should be the next James Bond" Sleep

Anyway the games have now begun and I'm looking forward to the sport.

I do want to say that I made a silly joke on this thread yesterday, and I honestly didn't mean it to be racist, I meant it to be taking the piss out of racists, and I know Penz was offended and didn't like it, so I'm sorry that it wasn't explained very well and for any offence I caused.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Lighting the Olympic cauldron   Lighting the Olympic cauldron - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 11:38 am

Thinking about it all, whilst the industrial revolution bit was brilliantly carried out, it and the National Health service had nothing to do with the Olympics. Probally not understood by the rest of the world. The whole thing was far to long, looked like the Queen was nodding off. They had to have the athletes parade and the Olympic Oath, they knew how long that would take, anything else should have been limited to half an hour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lighting the Olympic cauldron   Lighting the Olympic cauldron - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 12:02 pm

According to the news this morning it all went down very well with most other countries with plenty of positive comments.

I though the whole thing summed up Britain and it's past very well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lighting the Olympic cauldron   Lighting the Olympic cauldron - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 3:39 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:
Well Jock, your Olympic tips are as good as your horse tips. I looked a right cnut after telling everybody I was ITK and revealing your info.

I was just passing on what I saw online yesterday Razz shows how reliable t'interweb is.

I saw a combined total of about 1 minute, just because I was logged on to Facebook and almost everyone commenting was "Amazed, Astounded, Proud to be British, Crying, So Sorry they couldn't be there in person" etc.etc.etc.

I should have known better though, as these people also tell the world how amazing X-Factor, Big Brother, Britains got Talent etc. are.

I'm sure it was good or even the best Opening Ceremony ever, but it's just not my thing. I did see on the news David Beckham, that wonderful Olympian, carrying the Olympic Flame along the Thames in a speedboat scratch And given he was wearing a tuxedo in my head I was waiting for the first person to say something like "David Beckham should be the next James Bond" Sleep

Anyway the games have now begun and I'm looking forward to the sport.

I do want to say that I made a silly joke on this thread yesterday, and I honestly didn't mean it to be racist, I meant it to be taking the piss out of racists, and I know Penz was offended and didn't like it, so I'm sorry that it wasn't explained very well and for any offence I caused.

FWIW I struggle to see how the comment was racist, I took it as a remark about the look on the Aussie guys face, it is quite sad that people should not be allowed to comment on anything involving black people in case it is misunderstood, calling someone a racist is pretty heavy thing to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lighting the Olympic cauldron   Lighting the Olympic cauldron - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 9:15 pm

Didn't know where else to post this but it couldn't go unused....

The happiest Olympic Games worker....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lighting the Olympic cauldron   Lighting the Olympic cauldron - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 9:31 pm

knecht wrote:
Didn't know where else to post this but it couldn't go unused....

The happiest Olympic Games worker....

Brilliant lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lighting the Olympic cauldron   Lighting the Olympic cauldron - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lighting the Olympic cauldron
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2