Greenskin
Mock Cuncher
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 11:10 pm

I'm just so disappointed that the opportunity for a wholesale clear out was not grabbed this summer. Fletcher's loyalty to all the "lads" may be admirable in some circumstances but not those our club was in. IMHO it was (another) sign of weakness from somebody who is out of his depth.

Mind you I also think the unreserved support Brenty shows to Fletcher is an illustration of how far out of his comfort zone he is in this football lark.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 1:21 am

Errr Y'know the gaffer has already played his trump card.
The "we cant afford the wages" line spoke volumes.
Intellectually weak he maybe but he is not stupid enough to realise that the budget he has been given is no where near enough to get Argyle challenging this season.
That quote and the lack of quality transfer activity has already laid the foundations for a poor season ahead, we know it, he knows it and the penny has finally dropped over on the farm.

I think Harry is in for a tougher time of it when the inevitable happens this season, yes CF could of had a bit more of a clearout but I think he has made a shrewd call in keeping the cheapies he knows on board rather then risking it with a load of Z List freebies he probably knows very little about given the obvious budget constraints he is having to adhere to.

Harry has made a rod for his own back with the recent competitive budget interview and will require the assistance of Sooty & Sweep more then ever once the ppprrraaaapppppeeeerrrr fans start howling their collective derision his way.

Get ready for a few buckets of the brown stuff Messers Brent, Webb and Newell pig

Fletcher will survive the campaign....Just!

Last edited by Arch Stanton on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 3:28 am

I don't think he will be sacked unless the results are absolutely disastrous.
I know I will get hounded on here but I think a season of consolidation will be ok for the club.
We have got a lot of youngsters on the books and coming through and these could be our ticket to a rosier future.
It's all part of the master plan cooked up by Harry and Fletch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 6:22 am

You maybe right Gasser, but will the majority of fans stand for consolidation? Especially having been informed by the clubs saviour that the manager has been given a competetive budget, which is enough for him to be expected to mount a promotion challenge?
Back to top Go down
Old Timer

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 6:45 am

But Mr Brent has stated publicly that all the season ticket money will go to the playing budget , so what the hell are they spending it on?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 6:57 am

Old Timer wrote:
But Mr Brent has stated publicly that all the season ticket money will go to the playing budget , so what the hell are they spending it on?

Creche facilities so Mr Brent can invite his friends with young children to enjoy the matchday experience.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 7:09 am

Brent has had to redraw his hotel plans because Sooty and Sweep need a bigger honeymoon suite.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 7:14 am

Old Timer wrote:

He did?

So how much of last seasons ticket money has gone to the "playing Budget"?

Andy Symons - You promised the answer.. Despite numerous times asking, in public and by PM, you refuse to address the question, why?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:07 am

Ah but will he? regardless of the fortunes on the pitch, it's all looking very incestuous from where I'm sitting. I know what I prefer in terms of improving the match day experience - crap toilets an old stand, poor pasties or whatever it is than crap unimaginative football. Maybe the merchant banker should be reappraising his approach because at the moment in terms of squad and preperation there is nothing to indicate a successful season lies ahead. STILL UNDERWHELMED.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:07 am

Ah but will he? regardless of the fortunes on the pitch, it's all looking very incestuous from where I'm sitting. I know what I prefer in terms of improving the match day experience - crap toilets an old stand, poor pasties or whatever it is than crap unimaginative football. Maybe the merchant banker should be reappraising his approach because at the moment in terms of squad and preperation there is nothing to indicate a successful season lies ahead. STILL UNDERWHELMED.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:19 am

Brent won't sack him and all season we'll have the president of bullsh~t and his bumchum Nool telling us how we should be grateful we have a club atall, how they single handedly saved the club for us bla bla bla
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:26 am

Old Timer wrote:
Unknowns from non league and the Welsh Premier.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:56 am

I think it largely depends on how JB defines success. Keeping us out of the bottom two may be enough for him - and of course will be enough for his adoring public.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 12:09 pm

There is no point in sacking Fletch, no other manager will succeed with no budget, we don't need the biggest budget in the league, we don't need to buy success we just need to have a bit of ambition, building our way out of league 2 over 5 years won't cut it.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 7:17 pm

On a similar vein, how long before the novelty of owning a football club wears off/he finishes his asset stripping & Harry decides to sell the club.

I'd say it's a cast iron certainty that he'll clear off before the final seven figure back payments have to be made.

My guess is that he'll be gone by the end of 2013.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 7:28 pm

We really do need a couple of good signings to lift the fan base . I for one will be very disappointed if we don't see some new faces soon .
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 7:46 pm

Grovehill wrote:
On a similar vein, how long before the novelty of owning a football club wears off/he finishes his asset stripping & Harry decides to sell the club.

I'd say it's a cast iron certainty that he'll clear off before the final seven figure back payments have to be made.

My guess is that he'll be gone by the end of 2013.

Who the hell would buy it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 8:18 pm

Somebody will Pete. Some things appreciate, some things depreciate, but at the right price, somebody will buy it... a bit like a second hand car.... or like the £30 million loss making Pavillions ... who would have thought the Council would have found a mug to take that one on eh ? Talk about Snakes and Ladders with our money and our interests. This system is knackered and corrupt.. it's not even robust or mathematically sound, let alone cuddly and dependable.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 8:45 pm

Well we struggled to find a buyer before Harry came along.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 9:46 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Well we struggled to find a buyer before Harry came along.

Well, even the likes of Toddy, and hence probably his Mastpoint massive, said they couldn't get near the process. So what does that say ?
When the moneymen have had their pitched battles, there will always be a grass root 'customer' support for the right community football product.... and that will always be saleable ... and that in Plymouth will always be Argyle.

Let's be honest here, the 'deal' had much more to do with the long discussed £80m investment trailed in the local press ... it was always more about that than a football club.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 3:36 pm

affraid
Freathy wrote:
greengenes wrote:
November

After he's guided us to the conference

I'm with Freathy on this affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 4:32 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
I think it largely depends on how JB defines success. Keeping us out of the bottom two may be enough for him - and of course will be enough for his adoring public.

This.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 4:44 pm

Fletcher won't be sacked, that would result in Harry having to spend money then.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 6:19 pm

Christmas,or well before that if things are going horribly wrong. ??.

Let's see where we are after ten games !!. And the next ten after that etc-etc.

If Carl ''i thought the Boys done well in the circumstances'' Fletcher reads this site,perhaps he will be spurred on by the somewhat negative comments written about himself on here......
Back to top Go down
Green&Proud

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 6:21 pm

He's done nothing to deserve being sacked for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next