Czarcasm
Freathy
Greenskin
Mock Cuncher
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher Empty
PostSubject: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:21 pm

Naturally one would hope its july but realistically i'll go for October, we should be six points adrift by then ,and on our third old duffer super striker from the Taff leagues.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:24 pm

Fletcher wont be sacked!!!.....even when we are in the mix for relegation, yet again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:36 pm

Depends when Newell and Webb have had enough of him I suppose.

They could always turn it into a poll like the Forza Verde one, where all the votes were counted and then someone decided fu ck it I don't like the winning name so I'll do as I please anyway.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:41 pm

Mid November, cue Wotton being promoted, us 'spending' out on a quality loanee to keep the masses quiet until the end of January window, us scraping survival and repeating the cycle with Purse taking over the year after.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:47 pm

Probably October.It would raise a very interesting question though.Who in their right mnd would want to manage Argyle if the budget turns out to be not as competitive as Mr Brent has suggested-which, in all truth, would appear to be the case judging by the quality and circumstances of players being brought to the club,either permanently or on trial.You can see a siuation whereby a whole succession of rookie managers are given a shot and sacrificed thereafter,because no experienced manager would put his career on the line at a club with very limited prospects.All very gloomy.God help us.If He/She/It exists,of course.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:50 pm

Fletcher won't be sacked because that would mean brent actually giving a shit about the footballing side
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:51 pm

Colin Lee.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:59 pm

I love Colin Lee more than I love my Nan Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 8:07 pm

If results aren't forthcoming,then I would say October would be the month that Fletcher gets the sack.To anyone that reads Pasoti on a regular basis,they will have noticed that there is a stong undercurrent of disgruntlement on there at the moment,and the dogs/boys/MODS have had to be unleashed to quell the dissenters.Folks aint happy with what is going on on the pitch and folks aint happy with what is going on off the pitch,and a ball hasn't been kicked in anger yet.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 8:30 pm

If we get off to a predictably bad start, October does look about right.

I'd like to think we could speed up the process though, if poss.

Pulling out a wee nugget that bears fruit, like taking a punt on Luggy, will actually work once in a blue moon. So even if Fletch goes, he'll be replaced by an even cheaper option.

But hey, "we've still got our club". And a big flag.

Oh, and a creche.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 8:37 pm

I don't see Brent sacking him based on league position. So long as Brent sees youngsters on the pitch with potential sell-on value he'll be happy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 8:47 pm

He won't be sacked next season, and will be given another year. Apart from the deals done surrounding the employees agreeing takeover deals etc, he shares the same young family demographic with Harry and Sweep. They're going to build it it and they'll come ... well, apart from the fact they won't come... in fact less and less will come.
And Jonah will be delighted to be gainfully employed for a few years while he's learning another trade. Rarely do players so young and so obviously not management material get this sort of chance to learn ropes as best he can..... unfortunately at our playing expense. The playing decisions will interesting now his 'mentor' O'Driscoll has moved on. We'll get the full on Fletch now in all it's glory. It's looking like a gap year might be on the cards for many.

Last edited by Penz on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 8:48 pm

I agree he's got the job for the season regardless
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 8:55 pm

Dougie wrote:

If we have a start like last season Brent will be hard-pressed not to act. The SaS won't be able to keep the avivas in check indefinitely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 8:59 pm

November

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:06 pm

greengenes wrote:
November

After he's guided us to the conference
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:13 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Dougie wrote:

If we have a start like last season Brent will be hard-pressed not to act. The SaS won't be able to keep the avivas in check indefinitely.

Oh I don't know. The old "You're lucky to still have a club to support" line still seems to stop a lot of em in their tracks and back into their Stepford Wives state.

One good thing is that even the biggest fool won't be able to trot out the "We're basically a mid-table side if you forget the Reid games" line this season, but we don't have to do much to improve on last seasons finish, so there's always the get out clause of "Look where we are compared to this time last year".

Alistair Campbell would do well to better the spin that our esteemed ringleaders know off by heart, and there's a new catchy phrase Mr President is keen on now, "A first in football"

So what? Being the first to do something isn't always something to brag about. Some thick tw@ years ago was the first to paint themselves into a corner while ronsealing the floor. He was just the original fuckwit.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:15 pm

Dougie wrote:

Brent's raison d'etre so far seems to have been to spend as little as possible (hence CF's appointment in the first place). As CF is on a 1-year rolling contract I suspect things will have to get pretty bad for him to be sacked. Instead if we manage a top half finish he'll probably get another year, if we struggle again then there may be a few ££ to spend (on wages) in Jan and if things don't improve it'll be a 'thanks but no thanks' at the end of the season, and another manager will be brought in without having to pay CF off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:17 pm

Plymouth Argyle's loss will be B and Q's gain, because no way am i shelling out my hard earned dosh to watch a load of non league crap on the pitch, while surrounded by screaming kids and tarts in the stands off it, i will have the Deck and Patio of my dreams!look out for me on grand designs i'll be the one they bleep out.
Back to top Go down
Old Timer

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:27 pm

Fletcher will not be sacked , after all he has spent none of the budget so what has he done wrong?Bring on the pub leagues.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:37 pm

February, replaced by Larrieu and Wotton who immediately announced his retirement so is placed on an assistant managers contract, half of what he was getting as a player.

Wotton tells the Baggo how honoured he is to now be involved in managing the club he loves, and categorically denying he was behind the dressing room revolt that saw Fletcher ousted.
Back to top Go down
Old Timer

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:50 pm

Why do we have to wait until February?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:51 pm

The old line"At least we still have a club to support" is wearing a bit thin over on the farm. Even people on there are just getting fed up with it.Fletcher is on a rolling 12 month contract so whenever he is sacked there will be 12 months wages to settle.The first ten matches will decide.Remember there aint no mentors looking after him.He's on his own this season.
Back to top Go down
Daz Evans

Daz Evans

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:13 pm

I think a bad start will see the crowd turning on him, but i really can't see him being sacked. If results dont go well, I say if because even now I still have that glimmer of hope I have every pre season, we will end up with another stand off like we had with Sturrock (2nd time) where we cant afford to sack and replace him and he will be unwilling to resign and risk not having a job to go to.

For all anyone says Money is at the very heart of football now and for the next 4 years we will be back to the old days of scraping around the 4th division and hoping for a cup run until the debts are paid off or we get lucky and scrape a play off win.

We do need heavy investment but that is just not going to happen and I don't think our youth set up (again as with most lower clubs ruined by the new development plan set by the PL to benefit them) will struggle to provide us with those players we can sell on to buy in players we need to progress.

Anyway I appear to ae gone way off topic with the above moan...

And the short answer is he will last the whole season.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:30 pm

Daz Evans wrote:
We do need heavy investment ...

I don't believe we need heavy investment, just wise investment. Having an experienced manager whilst we're at our lowest ebb would be a good start. Having a squad of 24 including 3 keepers isn't helpful either, especially when the strongest XI are only midtable at best. A core squad of around 18 players with a few youngsters leaving room for loan signings if and when required is all that is needed, IMO of course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher   Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher Empty

Back to top Go down

Which month will the Merchant Banker sack Fletcher
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next