Go down 
+2
Tringreen
Dougie
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Become an 'Argyle Ambassador' Empty
PostSubject: Become an 'Argyle Ambassador'   Become an 'Argyle Ambassador' EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 1:44 pm

Presumably this is one of the 'first within football' things that El Pres has been getting all moist about

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'd actually thought this was going to be more aviva-led fluff and it is a bit naff, but its not a bad idea in principle. I do pity the damn fool that actually has to it because he/she doesnt have much to work with and the best PR work should be carried out by the players by playing well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Become an 'Argyle Ambassador'   Become an 'Argyle Ambassador' EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 2:09 pm

the Duke of Devonport High, maybe? The Baron of the Britannia Inn? The Prince of the Pennycross? The Consulate for the Coach and Horses? lol!

The Admiral of Aviva !

This is serious puke bucket kit.....i suppose there are a few on the farm getting moist about this, Cobi......heres your chance !!!
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Become an 'Argyle Ambassador'   Become an 'Argyle Ambassador' EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 2:57 pm

The Dick of Diamond Lils The Mince of Millbay The Knob of Keyham
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Become an 'Argyle Ambassador'   Become an 'Argyle Ambassador' EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 2:59 pm

I shall be putting my name forward forthwith, don't worry I shall still talk to you lot on here and I will be having a weekly auction of my parking space for the next game. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Become an 'Argyle Ambassador'   Become an 'Argyle Ambassador' EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 3:13 pm

It's only time before Sweep announces a "Bring Your Boots Match" and get a game for just £1000., it would fit in perfect with the GT's paying the staff and now with the fans carrying out the advertising.

I have an idea to increase interest, how about buying one or two decent players & win a few matches?....Just an idea.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Become an 'Argyle Ambassador'   Become an 'Argyle Ambassador' EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 3:40 pm

Now this could be really amusing.

Will these Ambassadors receive any training, uniform, silly hat ?

Will they understand the art of not answering questions and taking on multiple identities ?

Will the locals poke them with sticks and make fun of them ?

Will they have a 'bob a job' week to speed up staff payments ?

So cringeworthy, so doomed to failure, so village.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Become an 'Argyle Ambassador'   Become an 'Argyle Ambassador' EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 3:44 pm

I've been harping on about this ever since Ridsdale, who is probably the most uncharitable person I have seen operate, mentioned the charity word in relation to PAFC.

It's the new way forward for tax purposes, reducing onerous staffing costs, good PR, let alone community and planning pointage as Luggy would say. And those that do it mimic the executive class lifestyle where the likes of Gardner have long had ten 'jobs' and rarely if ever wake up on a day where they are not on an expeses account, and never ever pay for their football.. that's for sure.
Mention this sort of new way of doing things and the likes of Harry, Sooty and Sweep get most indignant, because they know some people have twigged part of the new way forward they call 'community'.
In 10 years time , Plymouth and many other places, will wake up and say actually we need REAL jobs, to replace the REAL jobs that have been disappearing for so many years now.

PS ... I see the new PAFC website is still refusing to let my Internet Eplorer expolre it's delights. Good work people.

Last edited by Penz on Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Become an 'Argyle Ambassador'   Become an 'Argyle Ambassador' EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 3:48 pm

It's only time before the club applies for Charity status.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Become an 'Argyle Ambassador'   Become an 'Argyle Ambassador' EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 3:49 pm

and they'll have a badge to go with their silly hat and their flag. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Become an 'Argyle Ambassador'   Become an 'Argyle Ambassador' EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 3:52 pm

Actually Gob, I'm not sure what the exact angle is, as the new Cameron/Osborne criteria aren't yet really known, but I'm sure the club itself won't become a charity .... HMRC and the like would never ever wear that.
But there are pounds to be scooped and brownie points to be won by going down this route. It's so obvious what's going on, it's painful. I still believe the salsa verde will be in the mix as some sort of community kids' endeavour, and then the big one, work experience, 'apprenticeships' in sweeping up the rubbish, what a heart this club will have ...... it all reminds me of collecting housing points.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Become an 'Argyle Ambassador'   Become an 'Argyle Ambassador' EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 4:11 pm

Penz wrote:

PS ... I see the new PAFC website is still refusing to let my Internet Eplorer expolre it's delights. Good work people.

Me too... I can't view the new website. I get a view of the 'Green Army' for a split second and then a 'pop up' telling me AW needs to put cookies on my computer which has links which when clicked, just reload the pop-up!!

Of course... Any other clubs new site I have been to works perfectly!!

Same old Argo....

Anyway.... What is this Ambassador plan?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Become an 'Argyle Ambassador'   Become an 'Argyle Ambassador' EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 4:15 pm

Rickler wrote:
Penz wrote:

Me too... I can't view the new website. I get a view of the 'Green Army' for a split second and then a 'pop up' telling me AW needs to put cookies on my computer which has links which when clicked, just reload the pop-up!!

Of course... Any other clubs new site I have been to works perfectly!!

Same old Argo....

Anyway.... What is this Ambassador plan?

It is basically yet another scheme by Brent to get the fanbase to carry out work that would otherwise be done by paid employees, thus saving him dosh.

But you will get a silly hat and a free parking space...not to mention the adoration of "Forza Nerd" lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Become an 'Argyle Ambassador'   Become an 'Argyle Ambassador' EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 4:21 pm

What Harry needs to do is find a couple of needy desperate socialites, preferably with iphones and web conferencing facilities (msn will suffice but let's face it, it's not what the true gentry friends use, it's not Skype is it!), offer them a few perks or maybe a title or two, make sure they get plenty of media coverage to nurse that ever demanding ego and PRESTO, you have a couple of all singing all dancing halfwits that are prepared to jump through hoops like the well trained puppies they have become.

Once training has been completed Harry can get them to sell all sorts of crap to the insecure masses under the guise of that old football chestnut, "loyalty", some will even be invited to join that infinitely high and extending social ladder providing they promise never to attempt to climb above the rung that superior trained puppies occupy.

Simple really.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Become an 'Argyle Ambassador'   Become an 'Argyle Ambassador' EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 4:32 pm

GOB wrote:
What Harry needs to do is find a couple of needy desperate socialites, preferably with iphones and web conferencing facilities (msn will suffice but let's face it, it's not what the true gentry friends use, it's not Skype is it!), offer them a few perks or maybe a title or two, make sure they get plenty of media coverage to nurse that ever demanding ego and PRESTO, you have a couple of all singing all dancing halfwits that are prepared to jump through hoops like the well trained puppies they have become.

Once training has been completed Harry can get them to sell all sorts of crap to the insecure masses under the guise of that old football chestnut, "loyalty", some will even be invited to join that infinitely high and extending social ladder providing they promise never to attempt to climb above the rung that superior trained puppies occupy.

Simple really.

Trouble is, it's not going to sell to anyone other than the already hooked Avivas.

Who's goin Morecambe............................................sleepover in a caravan ? Real mates. G'night Deep Throat.... Night Windsor Boy....Night Deadly lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Become an 'Argyle Ambassador'   Become an 'Argyle Ambassador' EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 4:35 pm

Tringreen wrote:
GOB wrote:

Simple really.

Trouble is, it's not going to sell to anyone other than the already hooked Avivas.

Who's goin Morecambe............................................sleepover in a caravan ? Real mates. G'night Deep Throat.... Night Windsor Boy....Night Deadly lol!

Very true Tring, but how many jester hat wearing avivas do you need to build a hotel!

Answer - None, you just need a few to cover the tracks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Become an 'Argyle Ambassador'   Become an 'Argyle Ambassador' EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 5:39 pm

I just thought this would be so Tringy when I read it. Decent hat and a sword of honour as he wafts around the island in all his majesty.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Become an 'Argyle Ambassador'   Become an 'Argyle Ambassador' EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 5:45 pm

Like it or not Tony this is the news today, would it not be better if the news was the signing of one or two half decent players instead of this masquerade?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Become an 'Argyle Ambassador'   Become an 'Argyle Ambassador' EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 6:00 pm

tonycholwell wrote:
I just thought this would be so Tringy when I read it. Decent hat and a sword of honour as he wafts around the island in all his majesty.

Smile

Don't worry TC you'll get your hat soon enough. A little more venom aimed in my direction might help your cause.

ps I'm wafting around Tring in all my majesty just now.............. between the showers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Become an 'Argyle Ambassador'   Become an 'Argyle Ambassador' EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 6:13 pm

Tringreen wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:

Smile

Don't worry TC you'll get your hat soon enough. A little more venom aimed in my direction might help your cause.

ps I'm wafting around Tring in all my majesty just now.............. between the showers.

Tringy you sensitive soul, I havent aimed venom at either you or anyone else:)

I did think of you attracting the unfaithful in Cyprus as an act of community servicein between bouts of beaching.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Become an 'Argyle Ambassador'   Become an 'Argyle Ambassador' EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 6:15 pm

GOB wrote:
Like it or not Tony this is the news today, would it not be better if the news was the signing of one or two half decent players instead of this masquerade?

I couldnt agree more with you. I think we all had our hopes raised to only be feeling flat again.

Bottom line is we still need 3 players with the right experience and age and the sooner the better
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Become an 'Argyle Ambassador'   Become an 'Argyle Ambassador' EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 6:27 pm

tonycholwell wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:

Smile

Tringy you sensitive soul, I havent aimed venom at either you or anyone else:)

I did think of you attracting the unfaithful in Cyprus as an act of community servicein between bouts of beaching.

I don't want to be ridiculed by the Arabs with socks TC and I was merely suggesting that you would score a few brownie points with the powers that be in your quest to be elected, if you were seen to be less tolerant of my take on Argyle Ambassadors.
I really won't mind, you're not as transparently self promoting as the real BGB's.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Become an 'Argyle Ambassador'   Become an 'Argyle Ambassador' EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 6:28 pm

What next?

Anything else?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Become an 'Argyle Ambassador'   Become an 'Argyle Ambassador' EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 6:38 pm

Getting people only and about to promote the club isn't such a bad idea. The problem lies in the fact that his presumably supposed to be 'big news' and it's more big hats for the sort of people with little else to occupy their time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Become an 'Argyle Ambassador'   Become an 'Argyle Ambassador' EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 6:40 pm

The whole idea along with many others emanating from Sooty and Sweep smack of small time.
The Club is being a run like an "upmarket" South Western League side!
As I have said before there has been more pre season activity at Plymouth Parkway.
When will the penny drop that initiatives like this wont put a solitary extra body through the gate at Harrys World, once again the president is preaching to the already deluded flock. No news here...Again!

Last edited by Arch Stanton on Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Become an 'Argyle Ambassador'   Become an 'Argyle Ambassador' EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 6:43 pm

Argyle Ambassodors are the new fixture list and a couple of tickets handed out to local newsagents in the days of yore. Suppose there is nothing new under the sun just a sparkly new name aimed at dazzling the hard of seeing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Become an 'Argyle Ambassador'   Become an 'Argyle Ambassador' Empty

Back to top Go down

Become an 'Argyle Ambassador'
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next