Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Reform of the financial services sector?

Go down 
+6
Dougie
pepsipete
seadog
Freathy
mouldyoldgoat
Flat_Track_Bully
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Reform of the financial services sector? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reform of the financial services sector?   Reform of the financial services sector? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 7:02 pm

shonbo wrote:
Can't see anything and youme a bleddy MOD No

Should have gone to Specsavers.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Reform of the financial services sector?   Reform of the financial services sector? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 8:51 pm

Can't see anything mate, if I may call you mate, mate, if that's alright with you mate?

What am I missing, mate, if I may call you mate, mate, if that's alright with you mate?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reform of the financial services sector?   Reform of the financial services sector? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 9:21 pm

C'mon, mate. People will start to mistake this for pasoti, mate. (Someone I know who lurks on here but doesn't post .... yet .... Very Happy said to me on the phone tonight that it is getting a bit like that esteemed site on here).

The picture was of a row of bikes for hire - I assume Boris bikes in London. Sponsored by Barclays - each with a Barclays sticker on them. Someone had gone to the effort of going along the whole row with their own stickers and adding "feck" in front of each "Barclays".

It's not so funny when it's written..... Bet you're sorry you asked now.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Reform of the financial services sector?   Reform of the financial services sector? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 9:25 pm

Thanks mate, this will never be like pasoti as long as you and Charlie and the others are Mods,......mate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reform of the financial services sector?   Reform of the financial services sector? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 9:51 pm

That's ok mate.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Reform of the financial services sector?   Reform of the financial services sector? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:07 pm

I still don't understand the financial services sector....... mate!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reform of the financial services sector?   Reform of the financial services sector? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 11:30 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

They slaughter goats and make earings out of the testicles. Just put your hoof print here Mouldy and everything will be alright Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Reform of the financial services sector?   Reform of the financial services sector? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 11:32 pm

Greenjock wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

They slaughter goats and make earings out of the testicles. Just put your hoof print here Mouldy and everything will be alright Twisted Evil

affraid

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Reform of the financial services sector?   Reform of the financial services sector? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 4:00 pm

And what is even more disgusting is today, on TV, adverts from Lloyds TSB - "we bring you close to the games" -

Aye right.

We shafted every single one of you - you face austerity because we and your government are transferring our losses onto your tax bill. That £20bn taxpayer bailout in 2009 is paying for this advertising.

But - look - we helped a few people carry a torch and get on TV.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Reform of the financial services sector?   Reform of the financial services sector? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 5:43 pm

i put my money in the bank and when i need it i take it out.its allways there,whats the problem,?thats all you need from a bank,its the green eyed monter syndrome,people getting angry because someone has more money than you,you can allways opt out?,try loosing the shinny car or the big house ,its easy,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reform of the financial services sector?   Reform of the financial services sector? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 10:55 pm

tcm wrote:
i put my money in the bank and when i need it i take it out.its allways there,whats the problem,?thats all you need from a bank,its the green eyed monter syndrome,people getting angry because someone has more money than you,you can allways opt out

No, that's not it, and no, you can't.
A two state solution is not possible without both options being VIABLE. Sit on all the land, all the resources, and then all the capital, and an alternative viable system will become impossible ....... without a stand off and a big shift in POWER. That's how it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reform of the financial services sector?   Reform of the financial services sector? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 11:22 pm

tcm wrote:
i put my money in the bank and when i need it i take it out.its allways there,whats the problem,?thats all you need from a bank,its the green eyed monter syndrome,people getting angry because someone has more money than you,you can allways opt out?,try loosing the shinny car or the big house ,its easy,

The idea of banks is that they borrow your money, from you in this case and pay you for the privilege and then lend that money to someone else but charge slightly more for that. That's how banks are supposed to make money. The problem is that banks these days prefer to take your money and let it sit on their balance sheet but not lend it back.

However I column try and explain inflation and how if you put money in the bank it might not be worth as
Much she you want to take it out but I fear it might be lost on you
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Reform of the financial services sector?   Reform of the financial services sector? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 5:34 pm

Penz wrote:
tcm wrote:
i put my money in the bank and when i need it i take it out.its allways there,whats the problem,?thats all you need from a bank,its the green eyed monter syndrome,people getting angry because someone has more money than you,you can allways opt out

No, that's not it, and no, you can't.
A two state solution is not possible without both options being VIABLE. Sit on all the land, all the resources, and then all the capital, and an alternative viable system will become impossible ....... without a stand off and a big shift in POWER. That's how it is.
i have ,you dont have to play that game,cash is king,gets you the best deal ,allways has allways will,rocket science it is not,you have the option to opt out,easy,
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Reform of the financial services sector?   Reform of the financial services sector? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 5:40 pm

[quote="Bogsider"]
tcm wrote:

The idea of banks is that they borrow your money, from you in this case and pay you for the privilege and then lend that money to someone else but charge slightly more for that. That's how banks are supposed to make money. The problem is that banks these days prefer to take your money and let it sit on their balance sheet but not lend it back.

However I column try and explain inflation and how if you put money in the bank it might not be worth as
Much she you want to take it out but I fear it might be lost on you[/quote}i think its lost on you ,do they not have cash where you live,?you muggs play the game and moan like fec when someone gets a bigger slice than your self,opt out,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reform of the financial services sector?   Reform of the financial services sector? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 5:40 pm

Cash will always be king will it ? It might be in your family.
Ask the Germans of the 1930s if cash was King then with their wheelbarrows.
Resources are King ..... water, food, health and shelter... fullstop. Capital just tries to sit on top of that truth as a parasitical milker of communities. Try living and working in an ex dictatorship with wads of money and no products to buy.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Reform of the financial services sector?   Reform of the financial services sector? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 5:50 pm

And today we have the unedifying spectacle of a minted chief executive not knowing what's going on in his company. Happy for 4GS to rake in the money of an Olympic contract but unable to stick to the terms and offers up the didn't know it was happening defence. Some of these guys simply seem unwilling to work for their money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reform of the financial services sector?   Reform of the financial services sector? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 5:57 pm

Dougie wrote:
And today we have the unedifying spectacle of a minted chief executive not knowing what's going on in his company. Happy for 4GS to rake in the money of an Olympic contract but unable to stick to the terms and offers up the didn't know it was happening defence. Some of these guys simply seem unwilling to work for their money.

I worry for this country given that history has many examples of countries going REALly belly up in an instant. It's a cultural thing now that is out of control. Get in, make a fortune on a wheeze, get out. If this new executive class can escape what is coming to this country and take most of the money with them, which is a breeze in this globalised world, they will, in an oligarch sort of way. Roy Gardner will be buying Santos, Fred the Shred, River Plate.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Reform of the financial services sector?   Reform of the financial services sector? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 6:06 pm

[quote="Penz"]Cash will always be king will it ? It might be in your family.
Ask the Germans of the 1930s if cash was King then with their wheelbarrows.
Resources are King ..... water, food, health and shelter... fullstop. Capital just tries to sit on top of that truth as a parasitical milker of communities. Try living and working in an ex dictatorship with wads of money and no products to buy.[/quote yeah the germans are realy struggling now lol! you choose to play there game ,95% of you muggs,i love the bankers mugging you lot and then watching you get all angry and do fec all about it but moan and carrie on feeding them, and your so wrong if you think you cant opt out,easy pesy,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reform of the financial services sector?   Reform of the financial services sector? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 6:21 pm

I've got a theory about all this ...

Over the last twenty years or so, it's become increasingly unfashionable to do things by the book and increasingly fashionable to put all the emphasis on so-called creativity. I noticed this developing when I was a union official (employers telling me that various legal requirements didn't matter), and it was even more obvious in my last proper job. Every so often, we'd be put through one of these pseudo-psychological tests which classified us as things like 'completer-finishers' (that's me - the reliable mug who produced regardless, always met deadlines, that kind of thing) or creative thinkers. Guess which one was valued more by that organisation (clue: I'm the one who was made redundant).

Essentially, it seems nothing matters as long as we're being 'creative'. It doesn't matter if people in senior positions can hardly write a coherent paragraph. It doesn't matter that a particular approach has been tried elsewhere and failed: we're going to apply it 'creatively'. It doesn't matter if there are professional standards, or codes of good practice, or even laws - if we don't like them we'll ignore them, because we're being 'creative', 'thinking outside the box' and all that shit.

At the bottom of this particular slippery slope lie phone hacking, rate fixing, the inability of that company to deliver security staff for the Olympics, and thousands of everyday injustices. And, as Penz points out, nobody wins except those at the top.

(And yes, I know what I do for a living now, but that's proper creativity - so there!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reform of the financial services sector?   Reform of the financial services sector? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 8:28 pm

tcm wrote:
,i love the bankers mugging you lot and then watching you get all angry and do fec all about it but moan and carrie on feeding them, and your so wrong if you think you cant opt out,easy pesy,
Thanks for your input Mike. I'm rooting for you.... cat
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Reform of the financial services sector?   Reform of the financial services sector? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 8:59 pm

hay your welcome penz,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reform of the financial services sector?   Reform of the financial services sector? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Reform of the financial services sector?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2