Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Cleggy to reform drug laws

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



Cleggy to reform drug laws Empty
PostSubject: Cleggy to reform drug laws   Cleggy to reform drug laws EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 10:00 am

Bout FOOKIN time.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-31716217

Anybody see the channel four program last night, John "whitey" Snow having a bad time lol. Jenny Bond did it justice and looked up for a couple of mars bars and another big honk on the vape, good girl, obvs who turned Harry on, bored Royal correspondent innit.
The channel 4 thing was pretty lame, not a lot groundbreaking there only trying to demonise skunk v hash. They used a real strong skunk v a piece of soap, personally I like a smoke same as I like a drink but I don't like the real strong weeds same as I don't like the real strong black hash, if you had used some half strength weed and some temple balls even Jenny would have had a whitey on the temple balls.
Anyway good to see a debate at parliament level although someone from the us wor on drugs will have his hands cupping Camorons bollocks whilst he discusses it.
Back to top Go down
hippo



Posts : 1383
Join date : 2012-02-14
Location : A small enclosure on the Iberian peninsula.

Cleggy to reform drug laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleggy to reform drug laws   Cleggy to reform drug laws EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 8:06 pm

Why not make it permissive to grow two or three plants for your own personal use. Atleast then you know what you're smoking. Perhaps make it a thing to buy at Boots, least then the bastards get tax back, and it's regulated. Perhaps a similarity could be drawn with booze (nasty bit 'o work that it is, destroying lives yet giving the government loads of revenue).
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Cleggy to reform drug laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleggy to reform drug laws   Cleggy to reform drug laws EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 9:29 am

What Clegg promises before an election isn't worth jack shit
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Cleggy to reform drug laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleggy to reform drug laws   Cleggy to reform drug laws EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 10:13 am

It's good there will be discussion about it at least. Richard Branson is fronting up a drug law reform group made up of some very smart people and they have been looking at the war on drugs and drug law in general worldwide. He was on the channel four program, they want to decriminalise, tax it and spend money on education and treatment. More or less what the governments own advisors have been telling them for several years. Portugal is leading the way in Europe yet our government use seventies type paranoia whilst filling the pockets of criminal gangs with cash and loads of people being untreated for phycosis and addiction. Drug addicts are victims are are turned to crime by their addiction. An interesting scheme in Nottingham years ago gave out clean needles and clean heroin to addicts as long as they turned up to treatment and counselling sessions, burglary dropped by 80% in no time at all. The pilot project was scrapped as we jumped feet first into joining in Uncle SAMs costly and ineffective jeehad had on dopers, yee feckin hah.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Cleggy to reform drug laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleggy to reform drug laws   Cleggy to reform drug laws EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 10:16 am

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 9290
Join date : 2011-10-23

Cleggy to reform drug laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleggy to reform drug laws   Cleggy to reform drug laws EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 10:50 am

Hmmm, I think it's far too simplistic to tag all drug addicts as victims and that all societies ills can be attributed to why they ended up like they did

For me, more often than not people have to take responsibility for their own actions when they set out on the road of substance dabbling - and I speak as someone who has done more than my fair share of recreational dabbling.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Cleggy to reform drug laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleggy to reform drug laws   Cleggy to reform drug laws EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 11:02 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Hmmm, I think it's far too simplistic to tag all drug addicts as victims and that all societies ills can be attributed to why they ended up like they did

For me, more often than not people have to take responsibility for their own actions when they set out on the road of substance dabbling - and I speak as someone who has done more than my fair share of recreational dabbling.

Fair comment and I share that view largely that's why education is so important, however at the moment rehab and treatment are massively underfunded and the cost of not treating these problems has a huge cost to society. The main question to ask about drug policy and the wider war on drugs is, is it working? The answer has to be no from the police, the public that are victims of drug related crime the users of recreational drugs (barring alcohol and tobacco obvs) that are criminalised and yes from the violent gangs that largely control the trade. Things have to change.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Cleggy to reform drug laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleggy to reform drug laws   Cleggy to reform drug laws EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 11:05 am

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 9290
Join date : 2011-10-23

Cleggy to reform drug laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleggy to reform drug laws   Cleggy to reform drug laws EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 11:15 am

Iggy wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Hmmm, I think it's far too simplistic to tag all drug addicts as victims and that all societies ills can be attributed to why they ended up like they did

For me, more often than not people have to take responsibility for their own actions when they set out on the road of substance dabbling - and I speak as someone who has done more than my fair share of recreational dabbling.

Fair comment and I share that view largely that's why education is so important, however at the moment rehab and treatment are massively underfunded and the cost of not treating these problems has a huge cost to society. The main question to ask about drug policy and the wider war on drugs is, is it working? The answer has to be no from the police, the public that are victims of drug related crime the users of recreational drugs (barring alcohol and tobacco obvs) that are criminalised and yes from the violent gangs that largely control the trade. Things have to change.

Fair one, yeah.

Now, where's them fooking Hot Knives??
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Cleggy to reform drug laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleggy to reform drug laws   Cleggy to reform drug laws EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 12:16 pm

Like a Star @ heaven
Czarcasm wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Hmmm, I think it's far too simplistic to tag all drug addicts as victims and that all societies ills can be attributed to why they ended up like they did

For me, more often than not people have to take responsibility for their own actions when they set out on the road of substance dabbling - and I speak as someone who has done more than my fair share of recreational dabbling.

Fair comment and I share that view largely that's why education is so important, however at the moment rehab and treatment are massively underfunded and the cost of not treating these problems has a huge cost to society. The main question to ask about drug policy and the wider war on drugs is, is it working? The answer has to be no from the police, the public that are victims of drug related crime the users of recreational drugs (barring alcohol and tobacco obvs) that are criminalised and yes from the violent gangs that largely control the trade. Things have to change.

Fair one, yeah.

lol! Like a Star @ heaven

Now, where's them fooking Hot Knives??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Cleggy to reform drug laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleggy to reform drug laws   Cleggy to reform drug laws Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Cleggy to reform drug laws
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: