Mock Cuncher
Charlie Wood
Tringreen
Greenskin
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

New signings not imminent - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 5:24 pm

I see fletcher getting the poke by october if he thinks this current bunch of donkeys is anywhere near good enough to get us up at the sensible end of the fouth division, one signing from the non league depths is not good enough ,its nearly time for pre season training and we still got the same players from last season minus two of the best hemmings and macdonald !!never mind what the pasoti president and the cult leadership say we are going to struggle with out half a dozen decent signings.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 9:39 pm

Agreed. We're going into this season with an even worse team than finished near the bottom of L2 and the same clueless 'manager'! Season ticket? You must be f***ing joking!

Brent out now!
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 9:58 pm

Nothing new. Ambitition is to stand still, anything extra is a bonus. Feck 'em.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 10:19 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:

So you wont be at HP this season CG?

Shame, you'll miss all the new players by being so hasty:)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 10:32 pm

Tony, please don't go down the boring Pontypool road, it doesn't suit you as it didn't suit him ... you'll be winking next.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 10:38 pm

Penz wrote:
Tony, please don't go down the boring Pontypool road, it doesn't suit you as it didn't suit him ... you'll be winking next.

PP Im not sure what the Ponty route is and I tend to refrain from winking.

However, to sound that down with so long to go seems, well, foolhardy.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 10:44 pm

tonycholwell wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

So you wont be at HP this season CG?

Shame, you'll miss all the new players by being so hasty:)

I'll attend the occasional match, that's part of the entertainment business. I wont support what I can't support!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 10:54 pm

I agree with that Coxside, I have never understood the idea of passively supporting anything come what may, when the object of one's support doesn't even put it's own best foot forward. Unavoidable irregular games for me also, one still has to be social.
The club has the feel of Egypt's present disappointment. There's has been a huge upheaval, a promise of a new dawn, and yet underneath it all, it's still the same old faces that caused the football meltdown, in charge and playing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:05 pm

Penz wrote:
I agree with that Coxside, I have never understood the idea of passively supporting anything come what may, when the object of one's support doesn't even put it's own best foot forward. Unavoidable irregular games for me also, one still has to be social.
The club has the feel of Egypt's present disappointment. There's has been a huge upheaval, a promise of a new dawn, and yet underneath it all, it's still the same old faces that caused the football meltdown, in charge and playing.

The enboldned section needs some clarification PP, no one in charge of the club that led to Administration is still in a directing role as far as I am aware.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:23 pm

Football meltdown, Tony, not financial.... it's all about football now thankfully.
Leaving the obvious Feeno Chadders thing to one side for a moment, my comments are directed toward our ex captain and erstwhile inexperienced manager who has been THE players' hub over the last three years of our abysmal fall from grace ON THE PITCH, a real Jonah. I thought football was supposed to be a hard taskmaster ... loose too many and you're history .... obviously not.
His appointment shows just the same business approach to football that out of his depth Toddy showed with his elongated love affair with a manager that ran rings around him. .. and as for this appreciation of Fletch's 'intelligence etc etc' .... weeelllll ....it doesn't bode well.
The financial shenannigens are obviously bad enough, but to continue with probably the most unsuccessful captain in Argyle's history is not a good idea ... some clubs just don't know when to clear out the bad vibes.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:43 pm

Thank you Penz, I've always enjoyed your posts.

This Fletch love-in for me is unbearable. All the talk of 1 point from 9 games, when Fletcher was captain, Reid was manager. Something wasn't right!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New signings not imminent
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2