Tgwu
Greenskin
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

It's imminent....... Empty
PostSubject: It's imminent.......   It's imminent....... EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:35 pm

The new grandstand,according to James Brent in the Indy today.Start of the 2014/5 season is the projected completion date,planning going "reasonably positively",target could be met "with a fair wind".The ice rink,retail sports shops and other facilities form part of the development.Doesn't mention how big the grandstand will be or how much [if any] of the profit made from the other facilities will go to Argyle.First time i've seen a definite date mentioned,hope it goes hand in hand with team building.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's imminent.......   It's imminent....... EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 11:52 pm

Greenskin wrote:
The new grandstand,according to James Brent in the Indy today.Start of the 2014/5 season is the projected completion date,planning going "reasonably positively",target could be met "with a fair wind".The ice rink,retail sports shops and other facilities form part of the development.Doesn't mention how big the grandstand will be or how much [if any] of the profit made from the other facilities will go to Argyle.First time i've seen a definite date mentioned,hope it goes hand in hand with team building.

I think the Independent story is consistent with what JB and other Directors have been saying recently.

In terms of size, it will bring us up to 20K so roughly what we had with the GStand and temporary seating before its removal. The corners will not be used in this development but will be developed if required in the future.

The "other facilities" on the car park are part of JB's pension fund as already announced and will not be coming to Argyle, we get the GStand for no cost.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's imminent.......   It's imminent....... EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 12:43 am

Yes, Mr Brent was crystal clear in his Cherry Tree meeting that what the club would get is a grandstand with facilities. What he would get is the rest.

He didn't answer on pasoti or at the CT whether he expects to take more out of the club than he puts in.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: It's imminent.......   It's imminent....... EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 5:46 am

Greenskin wrote:

How will they get all their vehicles to higher Home Park after the developments?
I understand the Council will not allow any vehicles in front of the Life Centre
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's imminent.......   It's imminent....... EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 7:31 am

Tgwu wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

How will they get all their vehicles to higher Home Park after the developments?
I understand the Council will not allow any vehicles in front of the Life Centre

The council have a track record of rolling over and letting Brent do what he wants.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: It's imminent.......   It's imminent....... EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 8:43 am

Capacity being only 20k is a sign of brent's non-ambition for the team. It should be 25k at least. All this "we can increase capacity in the future" is bollocks as we all know it will NEVER happen.

Same old Argo, same old shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's imminent.......   It's imminent....... EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 9:01 am

Freathy wrote:
Capacity being only 20k is a sign of brent's non-ambition for the team. It should be 25k at least. All this "we can increase capacity in the future" is bollocks as we all know it will NEVER happen.

Same old Argo, same old shit.

Exactly Freathy!

We'll also accept the "we can expand it" bullshit like the good fans we are of course and we'll be forever be doomed to the lower leagues of football owing to this curse of restriction. Even Stapes wanted a 25,000 capacity Home Park but even so, our ever so grateful and appreciative fans will continue to line up to remove the daily build up of animal excrement from the sole of Brent's shoe via the use of the tongue.
Back to top Go down
fridgey

fridgey

PostSubject: Re: It's imminent.......   It's imminent....... EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 9:29 am

I've always struggled with this capacity is too small cobblers. In our "glory" times of the CCC we were attracting 18000 or so (with some healthy away followings at some times as well) so why on earth do we need a 25000 seater stadium now? Yes, the plan is to get us back to to the Championship even then we'd do well to sell the place out. Your average janner is so apathetic they would only attend Argyle games IF we got into the Premiership, and only then to "support" Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs etc, who they have been supporting for years of course.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: It's imminent.......   It's imminent....... EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 9:41 am

totally predictable responce from atd users Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's imminent.......   It's imminent....... EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 9:46 am

Brent is a business man and will spend as little money as possible to fulfil his obligation to the club. I would rather he bought a couple of decent players first, if we have 4 key players injured we will have the best stadium in non league football.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: It's imminent.......   It's imminent....... EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 9:56 am

fridgey wrote:
I've always struggled with this capacity is too small cobblers. In our "glory" times of the CCC we were attracting 18000 or so (with some healthy away followings at some times as well) so why on earth do we need a 25000 seater stadium now? Yes, the plan is to get us back to to the Championship even then we'd do well to sell the place out. Your average janner is so apathetic they would only attend Argyle games IF we got into the Premiership, and only then to "support" Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs etc, who they have been supporting for years of course.

FFS.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: It's imminent.......   It's imminent....... EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 10:06 am

fridgey wrote:

When in doubt wheel out the old 'apathetic janner' line. Always used by compliant fans as a justification for non-ambition by the succession of useless 'chairmen' and 'boards' who have kept Argyle crap for so long.

Enjoy the ride.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: It's imminent.......   It's imminent....... EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 10:08 am

tcm wrote:

And a totally predictable response from a pasoti user jocolor
Back to top Go down
fridgey

fridgey

PostSubject: Re: It's imminent.......   It's imminent....... EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 10:15 am

Freathy wrote:
fridgey wrote:

When in doubt wheel out the old 'apathetic janner' line. Always used by compliant fans as a justification for non-ambition by the succession of useless 'chairmen' and 'boards' who have kept Argyle crap for so long.

Enjoy the ride.

Fair point, having thought about it we should show more ambition, I think we should build a 46,000 seater stadium and pitch for the next major football tournament that comes our way, oh hang on.......
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: It's imminent.......   It's imminent....... EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 10:17 am

fridgey wrote:
Freathy wrote:
fridgey wrote:

Enjoy the ride.

Fair point, having thought about it we should show more ambition, I think we should build a 46,000 seater stadium and pitch for the next major football tournament that comes our way, oh hang on.......

You just don't get it
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: It's imminent.......   It's imminent....... EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 10:23 am

No-one wants 46k.

But 20k is too small.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: It's imminent.......   It's imminent....... EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 10:26 am

Good news I suppose, we've needed the stadium finishing for a number of years, but like with all things Home Park these days, I'll believe it when I see it.

Now a new grandstand may well please the masses, but as Iggy said earlier, it has to go hand in hand with team strengthening, otherwise there is no point.

I wonder if JB is aware of naming rights? Or would that be 'cheating' in his world.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: It's imminent.......   It's imminent....... EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 10:28 am

Freathy wrote:
fridgey wrote:
Freathy wrote:
fridgey wrote:

Enjoy the ride.

You just don't get it

Certainly seems that way.Nobody is arguing for a 46000 capacity stadium,which was pie in the sky anyway.But there is no reason why Argyle should not aim for a 27-30000 stadium if the plan is truly to get to the premier league.Pretty much the same as Stoke,Blackburn,Wolves etc-no reason why Argyle should not attract gates similar to those clubs should they be succesful.What we don't want is a cheap jack piece of rubbish being put in place which will act as a millstone for the next 40 years.I always had the impression that the 3 sides which were rebuilt in the early 2000's really represented a "settle for the championship" mentality and i sincerely hope that sufficient scope is built in to the new stand to increase the capacity if necessary,pretty much as Stoke did when building their new ground.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: It's imminent.......   It's imminent....... EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 10:34 am

Freathy wrote:
tcm wrote:

go on then frothy,lets have your vision,how would you do it?, geek
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: It's imminent.......   It's imminent....... EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 10:47 am

tcm wrote:
Freathy wrote:
tcm wrote:

Frothy - I haven't heard that for a while. Not since before I was banned from the farm for not trusting in stapes. lol!
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: It's imminent.......   It's imminent....... EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 10:52 am

tcm wrote:
Freathy wrote:
tcm wrote:

I would leave the stadium for now, spend money on the team to climb back up the leagues, worry about the stadium when we are back in the championship.
Back to top Go down
fridgey

fridgey

PostSubject: Re: It's imminent.......   It's imminent....... EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 11:12 am

Freathy wrote:

You just don't get it

Maybe I don't. But I think having come out of the most awful period in Argyle history only the terminally unhappy could complain about new stadium proposals. Yes, its far less than I'd like, and 30000 would seem to be a very sensible figure if we were a top CCC club pushing for the Premiership. I for one will be happy for the new stadium with the option to expand again. Compared to the outlook last year that seems to be a good starting point, of course we can always wait for the mystery billionaire to come in and invest, oh btw we're awash with them down this way aren't we? Oh way we could always go down the road a foreign sugar daddies but the question would always be why on earth would someone without the connections to the city want to invest in us.

So until the mystery nutter with millions to spunk on Argyle comes.....
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: It's imminent.......   It's imminent....... EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 11:12 am

Think I'm more concerned that the corners won't be developed, so I will still be freezing my bollocks off on a Tues night in January watching us hoof a ball towards the Barnet defence - can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: It's imminent.......   It's imminent....... EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 11:25 am

akagreengull wrote:
Think I'm more concerned that the corners won't be developed, so I will still be freezing my bollocks off on a Tues night in January watching us hoof a ball towards the Barnet defence - can't wait.

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's imminent.......   It's imminent....... EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 11:45 am

I think the new granstand should have a thatch roof nice little tea room national trust gift shop red roses around the main entrances ,why have a shit Tin effort like those northern monkey clubs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's imminent.......   It's imminent....... Empty

Back to top Go down

It's imminent.......
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next