Mr President
Tringreen
pepsipete
Tgwu
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

attractive football - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: attractive football   attractive football - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 9:41 pm

I suspect that Fletcher is eying up some of the teams at the Euros to see what players he could sign.

I might be wrong.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: attractive football   attractive football - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 9:58 pm

do you mean use sign language to spell the names of Teams in the tournament?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: attractive football   attractive football - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 10:35 pm

I would disagree with you to some extent Greenjock in that this site is that different, at times, than pasoti. You cannot come on here and have an argument all night because you get branded as boring for sticking to your point when others are not prepared to argue their side any further. Some other poodle then arrives and asks if your opponent is shagging your mother. I made a comment on the sponsorship thread and was asked why I commented when I hadn't comtributed as if that is the criteria to be allowed an opinion. There are plenty of put downs as opposed to expressing alternative views often followed up by others jumping on the bandwagon. Recognise this description? Sounds a wee bit like people on here describe pasoti although there will be those that don't recognise the description at all.

The one thing that seperates the two sites as far as I can see is censorship of posts and bannings. Apart from that this site has it's fair share of under the counter dealers and a failure to deal with them. I have gotten to the point where I don't see much point in posting much anymore which might come as a relief to some. I almost asked for my account to be cancelled the other day but changed my mind which might come as a disappointment to some. I've said it before but if the war of words at every opportunity continues between sites then people will eventually be put off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: attractive football   attractive football - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 10:58 pm

Spot on Sensible-g....maybe we should start a football related web-site.....now that would be a novelty...and actually talk about football.....PASOTI/ATD are not too relevant when football topics are raised
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: attractive football   attractive football - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:07 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I would disagree with you to some extent Greenjock in that this site is that different, at times, than pasoti. You cannot come on here and have an argument all night because you get branded as boring for sticking to your point when others are not prepared to argue their side any further. Some other poodle then arrives and asks if your opponent is shagging your mother. I made a comment on the sponsorship thread and was asked why I commented when I hadn't comtributed as if that is the criteria to be allowed an opinion. There are plenty of put downs as opposed to expressing alternative views often followed up by others jumping on the bandwagon. Recognise this description? Sounds a wee bit like people on here describe pasoti although there will be those that don't recognise the description at all.

The one thing that seperates the two sites as far as I can see is censorship of posts and bannings. Apart from that this site has it's fair share of under the counter dealers and a failure to deal with them. I have gotten to the point where I don't see much point in posting much anymore which might come as a relief to some. I almost asked for my account to be cancelled the other day but changed my mind which might come as a disappointment to some. I've said it before but if the war of words at every opportunity continues between sites then people will eventually be put off.

Don't go SG, its nice having you around I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: attractive football   attractive football - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:10 pm

The shagging your mother comments usually come from me I must admit, but you are able to take the piss out of Tring for his various mantra's, as does your son, and the worst you get called really is boring or an Aviva.

Sure we stick up for each other on here, but usually only when you get these fuckwits who sign up here with the sole purpose of causing trouble. They deserve everything they get.

I have an issue with Lee Jameson and Wozzer over the whole Deepthroat incident, because I found it to be a cowardly act against the one true supporters voice. Lee has learned to roll with the punches with me and we have a bit of banter. I still don't like what he did, or his subsequent flounce over the date of the AGM.

There is also an undercurrent among a large proportion of posters on here, of being at odds with former owners of the club for not "going for it" when we had the chance. You will recall the arguments we used to have with the charming soul who was Devonsurfer on 606, and I'm fairly sure that he uses this site, because he advocated spending big to gain promotion, rather than being a well run club, which we were for several seasons. The people on here who disagree with you on this tend to put their point across rather forcibly, and if you weren't such a miserable old git I would probably leap to your defence Razz

Knowing what I do now, I have changed my mind somewhat and now wish we had spent money we didn't have to try and push on for promotion, because look where being frugal got us. I now think I would have at least had one shot at the big time, which would have drawn more people to come through the turnstiles, which of course leads to more income and so it goes on.

Now that I have seen how easy it is for a club to shoot for the stars and how minimal the punishment is, 0.77p in the £ for christs sake is a total slap in the face for the businesses who have suffered under our demise, but there is a feeling of if everybody else is doing it, why shouldn't we?

I do still have morals though, and I wish it were the bank we owed the money to when the shit hit the fan, but unfortunately it doesn't work like that. In all honestly the 55% wage cap should be a good thing to stop clubs spending what they don't have, or the richest people buying the League title as an expensive hobby, but again this rule is easy to get round and there is no way on this planet that Man City will be able to operate as they do with this wage cap enforced on them. They will get round it somehow with a form of bonuses or under the counter payments, meaning the taxman will again lose out.

Anyway I'm meandering way off topic now, but again that is another reason I like ATD, because posts can do that without some busybody cutting and pasting to make it fit their agenda or viewpoint, or removing posts completely because they don't add anything to the thread? I doubt football forums in North Korea are quite so heavily monitored and censored, and I doubt that football forums in North Korea have quite so much praise for the supreme leader as Pasoti threads often do.

Many people on ATD have been censored or banned on Pasoti, so they hold a grudge against the site. It does get a bit much sometimes, but you can ignore all the crap if you want to. I personally like your input, God knows why, and it is good to have someone with an alternative viewpoint, as well as remembering the pre First World War Argyle side.

I also think that the more you bite, the harder you get hit. I would personally rip into Tring in the funniest way I could, if he got my goat as he obviously does yours, and I also take Freathy with a pinch of salt, even though it is obvious that he is frustrated with events of the last few years.

Just saying like Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: attractive football   attractive football - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:27 pm

Windbag as usual jock........

I don't mind piss taking at all. I do object to personal style comments however when posters know nothing about the circumstances of those they direct them at. Freathy as an example doesn't make any and it is fairly easy to see at times there is an element of tongue in cheek in contributions underlayed by a belief in what he says if that makes sense. It isn't sticking up for at times it is a similar style to pasoti when somebody doesn't sing the party tune. A pack, often small in number, kind of attack the contributor. You say it's fair game yet when pasoti do it then it's unleashing the dogs. Is it any different though?

Of course there are people on here whose opinions or rather style I find grating. There are many who state as I do that the war of the websites is tedious yet it still continues, on both sites, despite this at every possible opportunity. I said originally that there will be those who don't recognise my description of ATD but it is how it comes across to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: attractive football   attractive football - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:30 pm

Yeah but in five minutes time you won't remember if you've had your tea or not, so I'll catch you again soon SG Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: attractive football   attractive football - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:35 pm

I've retired, I have no concept of mealtimes or bedtime or getting up in the morning. I've earned my right to forget after years of compliance to the clock.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: attractive football   attractive football - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:38 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I've retired, I have no concept of mealtimes or bedtime or getting up in the morning. I've earned my right to forget after years of compliance to the clock.

Good for you. Now I'm off to have my cocoa, can't stay up all night like you young un's
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: attractive football   attractive football - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:46 pm

shonbo wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

SG I agree with what you say about the ATD/pasoti thing and some posters banging the same drum time and again being boring but you need to ignore them. If only there was the magic button like NOT606 it would be so much easier on the brain and eyes!

As for the comments you refer to I honestly think the poster who made them the other day (not you GJ) did not write them as a way of hurting you the way a certain troll abused you and Joe on BBC606 and NOT606 but said it as a ‘throw away’ wind up comment. We all say things we regret when we find out that we are wrong or we have said something hurtful in the heat of the moment. It is a pity he showed himself up to be such a knob cheese merchant and was not able to apologise afterwards.

PS, I agree with the bit in green but the heart is a tad further than I would go!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: attractive football   attractive football - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 6:31 am

Greenskin wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
False alarm............. I'm off for lunch at Ammos.Someone has to........................

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Or maybe XS Day/Night club next door. It's all happening in Larnaca these days.

Yer,like the sound of that there Pan du Terra,maybe even better than an Ivor's. lol!

I don't really frequent those places, I'm not cool enough these days !

Maybe the occasional lunch at the less expensive [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

followed by a few beers at the Seagull pub where the local brew Leon, is 2 euros a pint. I am on a pension you know.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: attractive football   attractive football - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 6:50 am

Tringreen wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
False alarm............. I'm off for lunch at Ammos.Someone has to........................

Or maybe XS Day/Night club next door. It's all happening in Larnaca these days.

Yer,like the sound of that there Pan du Terra,maybe even better than an Ivor's. lol!

I don't really frequent those places, I'm not cool enough these days !

Maybe the occasional lunch at the less expensive [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

followed by a few beers at the Seagull pub where the local brew Leon, is 2 euros a pint. I am on a pension you know.

Ah Leon! Last time we were in Cyprus that was one of the draught lagers at the hotel. Way better than the awful Carlsberg also on offer - I must have drank gallons of the stuff over those two weeks!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: attractive football   attractive football - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 7:18 am

MeJulie at the Seagull. Shame about the scarf !.. Sarfff Laaaandan Anglo Cypriot bar owners.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: attractive football   attractive football - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 7:49 am

Pint of lager for 2 euro's, that's something I miss about Cyprus, the culture. lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: attractive football   attractive football - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 7:53 am

Iggy wrote:
Pint of lager for 2 euro's, that's something I miss about Cyprus, the culture. lol!

Such bargains are now rare. It has got expensive here for most things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: attractive football   attractive football - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 11:43 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
shonbo wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

SG I agree with what you say about the ATD/pasoti thing and some posters banging the same drum time and again being boring but you need to ignore them. If only there was the magic button like NOT606 it would be so much easier on the brain and eyes!

As for the comments you refer to I honestly think the poster who made them the other day (not you GJ) did not write them as a way of hurting you the way a certain troll abused you and Joe on BBC606 and NOT606 but said it as a ‘throw away’ wind up comment. We all say things we regret when we find out that we are wrong or we have said something hurtful in the heat of the moment. It is a pity he showed himself up to be such a knob cheese merchant and was not able to apologise afterwards.

PS, I agree with the bit in green but the heart is a tad further than I would go!

Mouldy.......if they didn't bang the same old drum......it would be rather quiet on here........and then they wouldn't be so boring........not606's ignore button is a brilliant idea....if PASOTI/ATD took it up you could nearly close those two sights down......you don't visit very often these days.....we're obviously too gentle and nice and not enough rough and tumble for you.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: attractive football   attractive football - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 11:48 am

I try to visit Zyph but I have so much trouble with the site and my virus check that I can only be on there a few minutes at a time! I will try tonight for you.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: attractive football   attractive football - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:01 pm

Back to attractive football, I see we have moved up to 17th in the League today on the BBC site, so something is going right!!

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: attractive football   attractive football - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:04 pm

pafcineurope wrote:

Back to attractive football, I see we have moved up to 17th in the League today on the BBC site, so something is going right!!

Merv Plummer

Somebody should suggest dropping the Plymouth from our name. It would make us look great during pre-season at least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: attractive football   attractive football - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:23 pm

GJ, I remember Bournemouth renaming to AFC Bournemouth so they could be the top team in the top division.......

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: attractive football   attractive football - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:34 pm

pafcineurope wrote:

GJ, I remember Bournemouth renaming to AFC Bournemouth so they could be the top team in the top division.......

Merv Plummer

Is that why they changed their name Merv?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: attractive football   attractive football - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:57 pm

Absolutely. Back in the 70s/80s I believe, but I was friendly with a Bournemouth fan at the time who was looking forward to a bright future.....

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: attractive football   attractive football - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 1:41 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Good for you. Now I'm off to have my cocoa, can't stay up all night like you young un's

Don't forget your hot water bottle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: attractive football   attractive football - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 1:51 pm

ZYPH wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Don't forget your hot water bottle.

I'm not paying out to heat water up! I've moved my bed so it's backing onto the next door neighbours airing cupboard and bolier. Works a treat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: attractive football   attractive football - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

attractive football
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next