Charlie Wood
Tringreen
pepsipete
Chemical Ali
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

Argyle Sponsorship - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:27 pm

tonycholwell wrote:
Morning

Just a quick couple of points to clear up any misunderstanding.

Jock, apologies for ADT but in another place it was an easy way to get around it being blocked and old typing habits die hard. Season Ticket holders? We’re all members now, well, when I’ve paid I will be. You could do a lot worse than Ollie Chenoweth a really decent lad.

Andy, that is an outrageous suggestion (and now confirmed by Jock as incorrect) catch you for a beer soon. Not that it matters a jot but I personally think its great that ATD sponsor a player/ground advertise as its more money going into the Argyle pot which can’t be a bad thing. I genuinely hope that people honour their pledges and you reach your target.

Dougie. There are more ways to bang a drum than in the upright position and in the open. But point taken.

Apologies, Tony (although your attempts to try and portray Peggy and I as plotting to run for the GASBoard on an ATD ticket are still fresh enough in my memory, which was what I was alluding to) but as you know, outrageous suggestions are my stock-in-trade. Take them away and I have nothing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:34 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Morning

Jock, apologies for ADT but in another place it was an easy way to get around it being blocked and old typing habits die hard. Season Ticket holders? We’re all members now, well, when I’ve paid I will be. You could do a lot worse than Ollie Chenoweth a really decent lad.

Andy, that is an outrageous suggestion (and now confirmed by Jock as incorrect) catch you for a beer soon. Not that it matters a jot but I personally think its great that ATD sponsor a player/ground advertise as its more money going into the Argyle pot which can’t be a bad thing. I genuinely hope that people honour their pledges and you reach your target.

Dougie. There are more ways to bang a drum than in the upright position and in the open. But point taken.

Apologies, Tony (although your attempts to try and portray Peggy and I as plotting to run for the GASBoard on an ATD ticket are still fresh enough in my memory, which was what I was alluding to) but as you know, outrageous suggestions are my stock-in-trade. Take them away and I have nothing.

I thought it was on a Trust ticket? Anyway, beer under the Tree, so to speak. On your latter point I won't disagree with you except to say you do it with a certain panache.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:44 pm

tonycholwell wrote:
Morning

Fancy chipping in Tony? Y'know, being 'one of us' now? lol!

If we are going to do a player, Blanchard would seem a great choice. Though as I type I'm envisaging frantic PM's to Nikkk on Pasoti, begging him to buy up anyone first-teamworthy... Laughing

There's an exposure risk with a player - he could turn out to be injured all season, or shit, and nowhere near the first team. Therefore he becomes 'off the radar', so to speak.

I still favour a hoarding or two (Lyndy and Demport?) so that there is a nice reminder to people, the jester-hatted ones especially, every time they glance down to the front of the stand. jocolor

Last edited by Czarcasm on Thu May 31, 2012 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:45 pm

Old habits die hard though on the farm.I posted a light hearted response to TC 's comments about donations(ATD does it in 50's) and with seconds it was removed,and they think we're are sad bunch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:50 pm

As an aside,Maxime Blanchard was sponsored by the Ark Pet Centre last season.When sponsorships are requested for the coming season they being the current sponsor will obviously have first dibs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:52 pm

It's worth bearing in mind that any players who were with us last season may already have a sponsor, and that sponsor would be given first refusal to continue the relationship. It might be worth approaching the club (if someone hasn't done so already) just to ascertain which players are available to sponsor. My suspicion is that Blanchard will already have a sponsor.

Edit - bugger, just seen Oddball say the same thing in the previous post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:55 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Morning

Fancy chipping in Tony? Y'know, being 'one of us' now? lol!

If we are going to do a player, Blanchard would seem a great choice. Though as I type I'm envisaging frantic PM's to Nikkk on Pasoti, begging him to buy up anyone first-teamworthy... Laughing

There's an exposure risk with a player - he could turn out to be injured all season, or shit, and nowhere near the first team. Therefore he becomes 'off the radar', so to speak.

Czar, thank you for the warm and inclusive welcome (well, best Ive had anyway!)

Its a difficult one, but so far this week I have bought a signed ball (delighted) and made a small contribution to the Purse collection (sorry). Once the paypal is up and running I will match my contribution on Pasoti with one here, hows that?

Have you checked which players still need sponsorship? Perhaps a good idea to harness horse before riding off, so to speak?

Its probably not fashionable to say this but Im really not anyones bar my own and appreciate good people whichever site they are on. The reverse is also true.

Opps, I may have entered repeatsville with Andy:)
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 2:03 pm

I'm in for £25.

Jon
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 2:12 pm

I haven't received a reply to my email enquiry (to the club) on 2012 costings. I've followed with a request for which players are available (but as Andy, Oddball and others have suggested there might be a deadline for current sponsors to renew).

Welcome to the site also Tony.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 2:20 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
I haven't received a reply to my email enquiry (to the club) on 2012 costings. I've followed with a request for which players are available (but as Andy, Oddball and others have suggested there might be a deadline for current sponsors to renew).

Thank you Ali:)
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 2:25 pm

I estimate we're at £573 (with the further £40). I've taken Tring's offer as £48 (going with current exchange rate).

I'll have a look into the ATD Paypal account.

Pasoti have done very well in raising the money for sponsoring Darren Purse (in less than 48 hours) and are now onto player 2.

Thanks for everyone's pledges.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 2:46 pm

[quote="Chemical Ali"]I estimate we're at £573 (with the further £40). I've taken Tring's offer as £48 (going with current exchange rate).

I'll have a look into the ATD Paypal account.

Pasoti have done very well in raising the money for sponsoring Darren Purse (in less than 48 hours) and are now onto player 2.

Thanks for everyone's pledges.

[/quote

Mange tout ! £50 it is. Bonjour !
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 2:52 pm

You should be able to donate to ATD's paypal account on this link-

I might see if Nick can help with creating one of those 'Donate' buttons to make things easier.

ATD Paypal Account

Last edited by Chemical Ali on Thu May 31, 2012 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 2:56 pm

Well done Mike, I have an inherent fear of doing stuff like that and finding my bank balance emptied.

Shall I change the link in your post to :-

ATD Paypal account

ETA Just wait awhile before starting to donate as we check all the proper safeguards are in place.

Last edited by Charlie Wood on Thu May 31, 2012 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:03 pm

tonycholwell wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

Sorry Tony I hadn't realised you were a new member. I could have sworn I had seen you post before, so a belated welcome to the site from myself as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:05 pm

Greenjock wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

Sorry Tony I hadn't realised you were a new member. I could have sworn I had seen you post before, so a belated welcome to the site from myself as well.

Cheers Jock

I think I posted 2 or 3 times as a Guest on the Trust forum when it was still open.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:13 pm

Have you given up on the free pasty n pint yet TC, or are you still awaiting Stapes' comeback ?

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:15 pm

Cerbera wrote:
I said once I would chip in £100. I totally rescind that. This site will get nothing from me.

There is already a paypal account set up. I did it. Mods, look back in the threads in the mod room for details.

Hello Cerbs, I had a look through both boards and it appears the details have been deleted so I have set up a new paypal account- thanks anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:27 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Have you given up on the free pasty n pint yet TC, or are you still awaiting Stapes' comeback ?

Tringy, delighted to see you again, does the ex pat lifestyle suit you?

Ofcourse nothing in this life is free, but the pint and a pasty as part of an inclusive deal is still appealing at many levels. A good place to catch up with friends old and newer from Pasoti, ATD and non aligned. Makes you realise the online shinanigans are confined to such a small number as most fans have no idea about "our" websites and their fall outs.

And hey, look on the brightside, the pasties aren't Gingsters:)

Stapes before he had his head turned by making probably more money than he would otherwise envisage was a good Chairman of a good Board in my view. Not the richest in the League, but that was never likely.

Once the head was the writing was on the wall. You will recall I tried to warn people against Kagami and the likelihood it was only a property deal. It didnt make me any friends on Pasoti for months, how times change eh?

Last edited by tonycholwell on Thu May 31, 2012 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:28 pm

IJN says on Pasoti that the next new player is theirs to sponsor....

Could we get in there and "reserve" the third new signing? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:31 pm

tonycholwell wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

Cheers Jock

I think I posted 2 or 3 times as a Guest on the Trust forum when it was still open.

It still is open to guests Tony... a Trust member might not be a registered user of either fans' forum. It has only been closed a couple of times temporarily when attacks were underway... no harm in being prudent, but the same principle is still intact it would appear.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:37 pm

OK chaps and chapesses the new PayPal account above is open and functioning under the control of Chemical Ali, Knecht and myself. The first monies have been deposited.

We're still discussing a non PP alternative. Hopefully we'll have a decision on that in the not too distant.

SOOOO....you can convert those pledges to a PP donation at your convenience. Many thanks.

Edit to add : You can pay to that PP account with a debit or credit card through that link...it's just a bit more long winded.

Last edited by Charlie Wood on Thu May 31, 2012 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:42 pm

Is it definitely going to be spent on player sponsorship or is the pitch ATD sign still up for discussion?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:44 pm

Penz wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

Cheers Jock

It still is open to guests Tony... a Trust member might not be a registered user of either fans' forum. It has only been closed a couple of times temporarily when attacks were underway... no harm in being prudent, but the same principle is still intact it would appear.

Oh well, thanks for that PP.

ps despite our differences, I always thought you had a perfectly reasonable view and sad you left.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:45 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Morning

First I have heard of that but if it was correct I would back you both.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle Sponsorship
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next