Tringreen
pepsipete
Chemical Ali
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Argyle Sponsorship Empty
PostSubject: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship EmptyWed May 30, 2012 10:08 am

We've discussed this previously and had some ideas for having an ATD advertisement board on the side of the pitch- are we going to progress this for next season?

I see pasoti are looking to sponsor Darren Purse (at a cost of £660). The following are also received (by the player sponsor)-

Quote :
In return for our sponsorship we will receive a signed shirt, a mention of PASOTI ATD in each match programme, a sponsor's day at Home Park and a corporate match day event in the Business Lounge.
Those who donate will be entered into a draw with the lucky winners selected to attend the events mentioned above and one lucky fan also presented with the signed shirt.

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Argyle Sponsorship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship EmptyWed May 30, 2012 10:17 am

2011 details on Advertising costs- the crowd facing signs were £250 + Vat (2011 price)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Argyle Sponsorship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship EmptyWed May 30, 2012 10:19 am

Details on player sponsorship (quoted at £850 + VAT)-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

Argyle Sponsorship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship EmptyWed May 30, 2012 10:34 am

willing to contribute a tenner
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Argyle Sponsorship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship EmptyWed May 30, 2012 10:42 am

Is 'player sponsorship' now common practice for English football clubs these days ?
Back to top Go down

Argyle Sponsorship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship EmptyWed May 30, 2012 12:43 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Is 'player sponsorship' now common practice for English football clubs these days ?

I think it still is Tring. Is it on a sliding scale for which player you sponsor? For instance if you sponsor Chadwick and he misses 12 games through injury, do you get a 25% reduction? And if Hourihane is going to be suspended for 10 games and on International duty for a couple of games, he should be in the sale department too.

Anyway I'm still up for contributing towards some kind of advertising if someone is able to set up a way to collect the donations.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Argyle Sponsorship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship EmptyWed May 30, 2012 4:03 pm

I think we need to do this, but the first decision is ad board or player sponsorship. I'm sure Nick would be able to help us set up a way for donations to be made, paypal as favourite I guess.

Back to top Go down

Argyle Sponsorship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship EmptyWed May 30, 2012 4:25 pm

The Argyle player sponsorship price that you quote is out of date.PASOTI are paying £660 to sponsor Darren Purse which I suspect would be the going rate for this season.I would prefer player sponsorship myself as the package is very good value for money.I would be more than happy to contribute.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

Argyle Sponsorship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship EmptyWed May 30, 2012 4:32 pm

Player for me please
Back to top Go down

Argyle Sponsorship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship EmptyWed May 30, 2012 4:42 pm

I'm easy I'll go with the majority, and do my best to chip in.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Argyle Sponsorship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship EmptyWed May 30, 2012 4:46 pm

I think the choice between the two boils down to this...

Do you/we want something tangible, i.e. a sponsors corporate shindig,

or

Do you/we purely want to promote ATD?

If it's the shindig, then the player sponsorship it is.

Or if it's more a promotion of ATD to a wider audience, then the hoarding would be a better option.
Back to top Go down

Argyle Sponsorship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship EmptyWed May 30, 2012 4:58 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I think the choice between the two boils down to this...

Do you/we want something tangible, i.e. a sponsors corporate shindig,

or

Do you/we purely want to promote ATD?

If it's the shindig, then the player sponsorship it is.

Or if it's more a promotion of ATD to a wider audience, then the hoarding would be a better option.

If we can raise a grand, we could do both cheers (£20 from 50 ATD punters? Not out of the question, I wouldn't have thought...)
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Argyle Sponsorship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship EmptyWed May 30, 2012 5:00 pm

The player sponsorship would give some advertising in the programme.

I've emailed the club for an update on prices and whether we'd get the same terms as pasoti (I don't know if they get a discount as a previous sponsor?).

If we go with the player sponsorship we would need a fair way to decide who gets what- pasoti ran a draw where £5/ £10 would buy a draw ticket- we could do the draw at the first Freak Meet (and video it Very Happy ) so there's no accusations of foul play.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

Argyle Sponsorship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship EmptyWed May 30, 2012 5:09 pm

I want to support the club and I think it would be nice to support a player. It also promotes ATD fwiw, but shows us doing something positive
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Argyle Sponsorship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship EmptyWed May 30, 2012 5:14 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
The player sponsorship would give some advertising in the programme.

I've emailed the club for an update on prices and whether we'd get the same terms as pasoti (I don't know if they get a discount as a previous sponsor?).

If we go with the player sponsorship we would need a fair way to decide who gets what- pasoti ran a draw where £5/ £10 would buy a draw ticket- we could do the draw at the first Freak Meet (and video it Very Happy ) so there's no accusations of foul play.

The 'prize' being a day out at Argyle ? Cheat away ! lol!

Seriously, I'm happy to contribute and if my name comes out of the hat, 'draw again !'
Back to top Go down

Argyle Sponsorship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship EmptyWed May 30, 2012 6:05 pm

Whatever's decided, I'm in for £50
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Argyle Sponsorship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship EmptyWed May 30, 2012 6:21 pm

OK shall we start off with pledges to see what's possible, as Andy says we should be able to do both. If it comes to one over the other I'd plump for the board as a lot of members wouldn't be able to make a "do", fairly decided or not.

I'll match Andy's generous £50...the b.....d Shocked

ETA : Cerbs has already done a lot of research on the board, hopefully he'll update this thread with how far he got.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Argyle Sponsorship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship EmptyWed May 30, 2012 6:31 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
OK shall we start off with pledges to see what's possible, as Andy says we should be able to do both. If it comes to one over the other I'd plump for the board as a lot of members wouldn't be able to make a "do", fairly decided or not.

I'll match Andy's generous £50...the b.....d Shocked

ETA : Cerbs has already done a lot of research on the board, hopefully he'll update this thread with how far he got.

I do £50
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Argyle Sponsorship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship EmptyWed May 30, 2012 6:38 pm

£10 for me, £20 if the money can wait a couple of weeks for me to get paid.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
pepsipete

pepsipete

Argyle Sponsorship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship EmptyWed May 30, 2012 6:41 pm

have already said ten, make that twenty five.
Back to top Go down

Argyle Sponsorship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship EmptyWed May 30, 2012 6:44 pm

I could muster £20 now, or a bit more if Coelsarts or Tiger Woods wins the golf this week. £50 if Russia win the Euro's
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Argyle Sponsorship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship EmptyWed May 30, 2012 7:11 pm

I'll bung in £50 too (takes us near the £250 mark).
Back to top Go down

Argyle Sponsorship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship EmptyWed May 30, 2012 7:12 pm

i'm sure that a while ago someone - I think it might have been GOB - set up a paypal account for the site. i'm sure he'll be along soon to correct me/confirm it.
Back to top Go down

Argyle Sponsorship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship EmptyWed May 30, 2012 7:15 pm

50 from me.

There is an ATD PayPal account that was kindly set up by Cerbs.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Argyle Sponsorship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship EmptyWed May 30, 2012 7:27 pm

Just so people aren't put off contributing smaller amounts due to the fat-walleted £50 brigade.... Wink

...I pledge £10* Very Happy

*I'll add a further £1 for every ATD member that adds to this thread from this point, to pledge a donation (of any amount)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Argyle Sponsorship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle Sponsorship
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next